Pull ups only

An user posted this a while back. This guy did nothing but pull ups for years. His legs looked like crap but assuming he did some leg work, this guy basically found a short cut to the body that's good by normie standards.

Anything wrong with doing only pull ups, some leg work and having perfect nutrition? Health wise I mean. And balances wise. Red pill me.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/2lkxuf/been_doing_nothing_but_chinspull_ups_for_years/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kasha
amazon.com/You-Are-Your-Own-Gym/dp/0345528581
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

His body in first pic is good by normie standards, normies have shit standards

Kek just realised how true that is. So then the last final pic isn't so bad right? For an extremely minimalist routine. Enough to look good in clothes and out of them.

do some dips as well and you pretty much hit every muscle in your upper body to some extent. You probably won't grow optimally but given time, a good diet and good genetics you will have a good body imo

thats interdasting. any more infos about volume and frequency?

Arnold said if he could only do one exercise he would choose pull ups

Chin ups too, right?

tbf most normies are lardasses or skinnyfat fucks

I have dip bars at home. How does this look:

Pull ups 5x8
Dips 5x10
DB squats 3x10
Reverse lunges (for hamstrings) 3x10

Found the post itself take a look anons
m.reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/2lkxuf/been_doing_nothing_but_chinspull_ups_for_years/

I need to find that source I read that too somewhere

personally id throw in some pushups, rows, pistol squats and some ab work. Nothing wrong with what you have though

>Elbows at door handle level
I suppose it'll work if you never want to learn

It was in a Reddit ama I'm ashamed to admit

that's actually fairly decent. dips are great

- Found a shortcut
- Trained for years
Achieved that body.
Pick one

Thanks. Thing with push ups is the resistance problem. Would doing them make a difference if I just add sets instead of weight?

nah you'll have to add weight to all of those to make any progress whatsoever at a certain point.

What's the matter user? Run out of green ink?

thats really interdasting and funny.

Im personally a fan of harder variations, diamonds, archer pushups, feet elevated pushups, one arm etc. etc.

>kek

Pull ups are a great excercise. If I could only do a single excercise for my upper body,mine would be pullups, dips, and hanging from the pull-up bar. I could be decent by normie standards on just that.

Hahaha
Pretty hilarious looking at the whole pic. Think he said he has a barbell now, so he'll finally start squatting and doing pull ups. Get those noob gains in legs finally.

That might be my only option with push ups. Back pack is so awkward. Could use a weighted vest maybe..

You'd look like OPs pic but with a better chest

if that faggot would have just bought a fucking bicycle...

Kek it's true. Just how hardcore do you have to cycle for your legs to become swole? Can cycling alone be enough for aesthetic legs. Esp in this dude's case?

you dont get swole legs. but they get clearly better than this.

I do nothing but pullups and cardio(run about 50 km per week on a treadmill). I have a pullup bar hanging in the door of my bathroom and crank out 15 every time I take a piss. pic related is where I was about 5 weeks ago.

Certainly not the best but I'm happy with it.

Bend your knees, tard

You can do pull-ups and cardio solely and achieve a solid B+ aesthetic, or you can commit for three years and get the A++

But, honestly, a lot of young indie girls prefer the aesthetic of young user here over hulks.

His chest is pretty bad, but otherwise yea upper body looks good. If you did dips, pullups (or chinups) and leg exercises with perfect nutrition yeah, you'd probably make some solid gains.

>actually believing this

Years of doing physical activity won't get you a decent build.

So says the exercise program shills and steroid peddlers.

I'm not sure you know what "single" means.

>How does this look

There is no room for progressive overload unless you are doing them weighted. Invest in a belt (or backpack) to make them harder.
Maybe do the plank for a few minutes each workout too?
How often are you doing this a week? 3?

There is a reason the military focuses so much on pushups/pullups/dips/situps/running.

It's the most retard proof way to build your upper body with literally 0 equipment.

Took him 8 years for the transformation. Pretty quick results.

>Male, 181 cm (5'11)
>Before: 23 years, 61-62kg.
>After: 31 years, 76-77kg.

>8 years

I'll be too old for girls to be merlin in 8 years

i remember some vid where scooby says if you only had 1 exercise for upper body you could choose you should choose pullups

They're also more stamina based exercises rather than weight based exercises focusing on one specific area.

how tall is he 160cm

See

Most programs work out if you stick to them.

I'd have to go bench if I had one pick,

read his post: he's doing weighted pullups, 47kg

so no, that body isn't "pullups only"

So..he's not doing pullups only....he's doing pullups only.

If you randomly gained 30 lbs and started doing pull ups, are they still pull ups??
Rly makes u thjnk

This is true, i had a classmate who did nothing but pull-ups and dips since he was like 8 has rock solid abs but they dont show much, he grew up a manlet too lmao

That only took him 5-8 years

So it works, but it's far from effective

High test as fuck. He looks like a male model in his before picture.

Average guys just can't compete & have to lift weights.

the great thing about pull ups is that you can make it weight focused or stamina focused or both. it's so versatile.

definitely a great exercise for ppl in the military.

Underrated chuckle

Every man should have 8 scoops to spare, CMON.

What's a typical military routine look like? Design one for me. Now.

I know I will get called DYEL and shit but this is what I looked like when I only did bodyweight/pull up stuff and a few curls.

I got compliments from every girl I hooked up with so yea I think you're right about the normie part OP but I don't think it would hurt to add some more stuff in there

>implying that numale turbo autist feminine face got you ANY action

Pec and triceps development how?

Probably the somewhat defined Adonis

hue hue hue you sure cut me down a peg, keep wishing i never got laid faggot

just end it pal

I don't know what is the standard military workout now days, but back then in the soviet army (USSR/Ukraine) my father do that:
Chinpus (AMRAP) x 5
Dips (AMRAP) x 5
180 degree leg raises while hanging at the bar (AMRAP) x 3
Push ups (different kinds but not pseudo afaik)

At the end on dips he able to do 93 proper reps at once. Also 30 leg raises and about 40 chinups.

They eated pic related pretty much all the time with cheap pork.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kasha

>this is the cut who lifts for 'aesthetics' and calls you fat

people typically distinguish between pull-ups and weighted pull ups

OP's 5x8 pullups are probably unweighted

You know torso difference between a 5ft9 guy and a 6ft guy is almost nonexistant.
It's all in the leg legs.
Thereby torso gains remain the same and as easy to gain.

Im doing BWF right now too. Complete beginner. Started 3 weeks ago. I can already see progress. I also gained weight. Pullups really are powerful. Although i started with chinups. Also pistol squats are great too. I dont think i would ever need to lift to achieve my goal body.

Did he really ONLY do pullups? No core work? Cause his core looks good.

You'll want to when you realize that your lower body looks like shit compared to your upper body.

Yeah, only took him literally 10 years.

Amazing, will definitely do the same. Wew.

read amazon.com/You-Are-Your-Own-Gym/dp/0345528581

>But, honestly, a lot of young indie girls prefer the aesthetic of young user here over hulks
No one cares, fuck off, you literal degenerate.

Actually its the other way around. My legs got developed fast. Like my upper body has small progress compared to my legs.

Im not only doing pullups/chinups by the way. I do squats too and other leg work. Im starting to think legs are fast to work on compared to other part of the body. Is my theory true? Im no fitness expert so someone enlighten me.

Same here. I do much less leg workout compared to my upper body but the result way noticeable on my leg.

I don't get it. How can his delts, triceps, core, and chest be in proportion to everything else by having only done pullups? How can doing a single exercise for years continually shock the muscles to the degree required for constant growth?

Pics prove it

Whats your routine for your legs?
I do assisted pistol squats, and jump squats only.

Its not that noticeable on pics yet for me. Since i only started few weeks ago.

My question too. Did he do crunches pr any core work?

Progressive overload is king. Nutrition is king.
More volume, more frequency, faster tempo. All kinda gains

Running (like about 6 km/day on average).
And the leg part (two excercise basically) from the All Pro's routine.

Also how is your progress on pistol squats? (time interval, reps at the beginning and now)

>Since I don't like the social part of going to a gym, as well as the hassle of actually getting there, my only option has been to work out at home. And with no room for gym equipment, I had stick to body weight exercises.

>When I was younger I did your basic push ups and crunches without seeing much of a result. About eight years ago I got a door gym and started doing chin-ups and pull-ups. And I loved it! Soon my routine was all chins and pull ups, ending with about 100 crunches.

>Although I didn't challenge myself the first couple of years, same routine week in and week out (5x8, three times a week, no extra weight), and didn't eat enough, I managed to gain about 4 kilos of body mass. Five years ago I started doing weighted chins/pull ups and taking protein supplement and that's when the real change started to happen.

>Today I'm doing 5 reps in sets of 8, with an added weight of 47kg (103lbs), three times a week. My goal for the rest of this year is to add another 3 kilos of weight, as well as a couple of kilos of body mass. I've also made room at home for a barbell and bench that I'm going to incorporate into my workout going forward.

>No more skipping leg day ;)

and his back for reference

>being small enough that you can actually perform multiple pull ups

Not gonna make it.

I dont run since my goal is to gain weight.

What do you mean by time interval? My rest minutes per squats?
Well before i cant do a single full pistol squat. Now i can do one but its still hard. So i did assisted pistol squat with a chair and i can only do 3 before and now i can do 10.

Thanks, keep it up!

Weighted pullups, dips and pistols only.

Pretty weak lats for only pull ups desu

shoudlers are all fucked up and rolled forward in the first pic

how does that even happen?

Gaming

russian specops also has single legged squats

That's a wonderful picture.

Obvious manlet proportions

Thats it? You dont do any core workouts? Cause your core looks pretty good. How many years did it take to see progress? Also post routine

how can you do pullups, dips or pistols without core?

i meant like crunches, situps, planks, etc.?

Sorry im a beginner to all this fitness thing.

I don't get how this is a 'shortcut' to a good physique when he could have achieved the same thing, with more leg mass, in far less time at the gym

it's also a little ironic that his back is far less developed than his front given his predominantly pullup routine

you engage core doing pullups and dips to not swing and especially during one legged squats - you engage whole core to stabilize including lower back glutes hamstrings and abs

Not really a shortcut desu senpai

Sounds like he worked hard, he just only worked hard at one thing.

oh okay i didnt know pullups also work the core. cause i added scissors and leg raises for ab workout since i noticed i dont work my core. but i guess i can remove those now?

yeah I agree, just the 'short cut' and 'red pill' bits made me cringe

if you want to make your routine more minimalistic its fine but theres nothing wrong with additional core work

oh okay i mean i can just squeeze in ab workouts every rest since theyre not that hard to do.