Your weirdest gym moments?

>Last night, show up at gym around 4AM.
>I notice two minivans parked in front.
>Hear indistinct chanting.
>As I enter the gym I realize the chanting is in Arabic.
>10/10 ISIS cosplayer sitting at reception.
>He informs me that he doesn't work there but warmly greets me and grins as he hands me a key.
>Look at mirror in locker room: I have a long brillo-pad beard and am wearing dull-grey plain 3/4-shorts and shirt - Shaver broke and why wear my nice clothes to gym when there are no women at night.
>Enter weight-room: Two other nigh regulars are there:
>Christians mate that super-sets everything with dips is sitting in corner visibly weirded-out.
>Powerlifter is sleeping on leg-curl machine, waking every ten minutes to do smith-machine shrugs like usual.
>Notice there is about half a dozen painters from Abdurahman and sons Inc. repainting the gym.
>Nasheeds intensify shaking old paint chips from walls.
>As I do squats I hear: "Mashallah brother, you are strong."
>Retreat to calisthenic/warm-up area to do chins: Main lights are broken, campy disco lighting flickers in all the colors of the rainbow, mirrors line every wall, close-harmony arabic chanting blares all around, a pink swiss ball falls off rack and starts bouncing around me. Not sure if I'm awake or dreaming at this point.
So what's the weirdest moment/workout you ever had?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hpPYKJAnwUo
youtube.com/watch?v=qI-95cTMeLM
youtube.com/watch?v=6CqXgs-7ico
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>went to the gym
>someone talked to me

>Walked into gym at 2 pm Monday because I have nothing else to do
>the gym is crawling with 25 little kids. Boys and girls.
>All them have light dumbbells in each hand and are being taught what a squat was

I'm glad kids are being taught weightlifting and other exercises but it was a definitely weird experience. The kids were under 13 years old. It must have been some sort school trip/experience?

I one time went to the gym during renovation and saw people doing the job they were paid to do while being friendly and listening to music. Really fucked me up.

I didn't say that I was scared or offended, it was just weird as fuck.

Yeah, kids under 15 don't really belong in a commercial gym.
>Doing heavy OHP.
>6year old girl stands in front of me and starts tugging on my leg.
>Start losing my balance, almost end up falling on her with 80kg in hand.
>Her mom is flirting with her PT 5 yards away not giving a shit about her kid.

>deadlifting with 4,5 plates
>someone let loose a smallass dog which proceeded to run around the gym

I almost made up a fake story how the doggy got squashed but seriously what the fuck is the problem with some people?

>Local huge dude is starting to bring his son to the gym
>He looks 12-13 and is doing a bb routine 5 days/week

It looks a little bit out of place but the lil fucker is gonna be next level huge lel

>walk into gym as usual
>get pass from receptionist who's unusually quiet, didn't speak a word, not even hello
>Must be having a bad day I guess
>Enter gym
>Dead silent, not a single person is talking, it's quieter than a library
>People on treadmills running, people picking up dumbells and others doing deadlift, even the PTs are dead silent, not a single fucking huff or puff, you could hear a pin drop

Some people say that premature closing of growth plates is a meme. But going full out for a kid so young is bound to take an inch or two of final height away.

Was that the day zyzz died?

/Maybe/ if America did this more often, there wouldn't be much of an obesity issue

You joke but America actually has weightlifting as part of the curriculum in high school. I don't know any other country that has this.

>curriculum
Depends on the state and district, I guess. IN California and most of the western US it is optional.

Post country OP I'm genuinely curious

was it cozy or did you feel like some shit could go down at any fucking second. rare pepe for you sir

I went during the day sometimes during the school schedule and they bring in some high school fitness class because they're nearby or some shit. Weird as fuck but makes me remember all the typical stereotype shit from high school, fuckin terrible.

In >ohio it's built into our mandatory 2 semesters of PE in high school. But you can get out of that by participating in 2 years of a sport

Marching band counts as a sport here

He mainly does isolations and shit lying in a bench. Bodyweight too.
Never saw him lifting heavy ass shit, so he will be OK I guess.

Imagine starting at that age. He is going to be a fucking athlete if he doesn't JUST his shit up.

He sometimes looks like he doesn't want to be there, but you don't get to choose when you have a bydlo father lel

Here in Iowa it's a separate PE class (which also includes running and shit) to replace the other one, which is basically retarded yoga "workouts" and shitty team sports. like ultimate frisbee.

The thing is, you can get out of PE just by maxing out your schedule, so fat kids are non existant, lol. Also, atleast when I did it 4 years ago, the program consisted almost entirely a few sets of 5 reps of deadlifts, squats and incline bench presses almost 30 lbs under your maxout weight. Auxiliary workouts included unweighted squat jumps, rows, pushups and whatever other shit to barely hit secondary muscle groups, plus an insane sprint once a week.

Point in hand: weightlifitng classes, although good to well round you out and teach you some excersizes, aren't very serious and won't make you any progress. Even though it was fun showing off and having access to dumb bells alrger than 20 (I lifted at home back then), 15 yesr old me would've made alot more progress doing curls with dumbells in a backpack.

>Post country OP
Bosnia.
>was it cozy or did you feel like some shit could go down at any fucking second.
Nah, the conservative Muslims tend to be more peaceful than the average person (not even memeing religion-of-peace.) They make up about 2% of the local Muslim population - it was a bit like someone in Manhattan walking into a gym only to see it has been taken over by text-book Ashkenazi for the night.

I know lots of guys who trained from age 7 or younger at their respective sports - a lot of them get fed up and quit. Most those that stay with it are usually pressured by their parents. Very few children are autistic enough to devote themselves so much to something of their own volition.

Our PE curriculum was basically:
>rotate between playing random games of basketball/volleyball/futsal.
>do some kind of test every three months.
>us boys had a month each year set aside for lifting while the girls did gymnastics - but that shit was always left out because the teacher couldn't be assed.
I actually was close to failing PE one year because I hate volleyball and basketball with a passion, despite having been the best runner and jumper in class and being able to do 20 pull-ups.
PE is basically designed to make you hate sports as much as possible no matter how good or talented you are.

Sounds about right for PE

This was in Canada.

I don't know about the States but when I was in school for high school and junior high, there was a separate room for weights. Usually quite small and in the basement.

High school had barbells, dumbbells, benches and squat racks. The room wasn't small but wasn't really big either.
Junior high was dumbbells that could only go up to 30 lbs and maybe a bench or two and for some odd reasons lots of gymnastic equipment like a pommel horse, parallel bars and lots of mats.

>PE is basically designed to make you hate sports as much as possible no matter how good or talented you are.

>Enter the uni gym for the first time
>Pretty much has everything that any up to par commercial gym has
>quite the cardio bunny pack doing what they do best
>a couple of sick cunts and rest are dyel STEM nerds like me, it's on the mathematical sciences campus to begin with
>start doing my thing and realise there's this Asian skellington, for sure a transfer, bolting around the gym with a confusing grin on his face
>decide to observe what the fuck he's doing
>literally just rushing to every machine there is, avoiding the free weights like the yellow fever, doing 1-3 reps with the lowest setting on each machine and completely wrong to boot
>literally just does this for the entire time I'm there and continues afterwards
>maintains the weird face and looks at people funny for the entirety of this farce

Fucking hell man.

>tfw my dad started bringing me at 13
feels good man

>first day at new gym.
>walk into locker-room.
>heated conversation going on about how fucking men is the most high test thing you can do.
>most of them were unnecessarily naked.
goddammit/fit/.jpeg

Went to the "wrong" gym with a bunch of really young kids working out.
>actually just went to the local middle school gym and likes to look at kids.

Canada (Ontario), we have physical education, part of which was go to our school gym and lift weights(curls for days)

It isn't by design. Most school PE teachers are simply garbage.

They know how to deal with the kids who're naturally athletic and hide behind their genetics.

They don't have a fucking clue how to make a kid with shitty or even average genetics perform better. And it shows with the legions of kids who're more or less put off from exercising for the rest of their lives by like age 14.

Seriously, in any other subject if the worst kid in the class doesn't get any better over a 5 year period, the teacher gets fired. In PE, that's just par for the course.

I did really well in swimming, cycling and running outside of school. When I did a thorough medical they noticed that my VO2max was a lot higher than would be normal for my age and size. My dad was SF and aced all physicals, my uncle was a runner competing at regionals. So I don't think I'm wrong when I say I have good genetics - still almost failed PE because I had a bit of a speech impediment and hence was not social enough for team sports.
Both our coaches were also very fond of making fun of all kids that have trouble in some sport or in general.
Them "coaching" usually involved showing the necessary skill once without comment and telling the popular kids to teach the others - which went about as well as you expect.
I guess it's the failed hopes and dreams that make them so bitter.

honest to god.
>naked dudes getting in each others faces and arguing the point heatedly.
>somehow no one present seemed to think this was a bit (or really) gay.

> Walk in gym
> Freshers week, every faggot asian student newfag skeleton-mode piss off the PTs with their bad form and misuse of literally everything
> Quietly deadlifting, gangs of roving yellowniggers obviously watching me and taking pictures.
> Usually enjoy being mired but this time its creepy
> Finish my last set, sweating my bollocks off
> Get a round of appaluse from a small crowd
> QT3.14 girl PT looks at me confused
> Shrug at her and go over to the leg press
> Band of chinese fans follow me and continue to watch.
> They do this my entire workout

> someone asks me to spot him
> he wants to fuck
> spot him
> continue my workout
> see him walking around with his GF
He literally cheated on me like 5 minutes after our relationship started. What a creep.

LONDON

What's that?

>implying people outside of palestinian folklore music forum care about that shitskin

I think I was someone else's weirdest day.
>Go to gym
>Get blood nose in locker room
>Finally get it to stop, pissed it was eating into gym time
>Heavy bench day
>Second two of the set my nose starts bleeding
>Fuck it
>On my back, the blood starts pooling in the back of my throat
>Fuck it, keep going
>More blood pools and I can't breathe
>Fuck it. Who needs air?
>Grind out last rep for a PR
>Sit up, cough up blood
>Grinning like a mad mad because PR
>Make eye contact with a horrified cardio bunny
>She scampers out of the weight room
Felt like a boss all day.

That sounds pretty awful

I had to do gym days in TX junior high, but not once in high school. I was a shrimp.
Junior high weights never did shit for me, but I was never eating right so not surprising. Not that I knew how I should have been eating.

Reminds me of an experience in high school weight training class years ago
>be me friendly neighborhood aspy
>never lifted weights in my life
>I'm a top student so brains is my life
>in my class I'm grouped up with some of the wrestling team students
>they come in and get down in here like it's military (some were even actually ROTC and enlisted after HS)
>I was friends like a few of them because they were also in my top classes
>decide one day I'm feeling enthusiastic
>dead lifting machine is dead so I walk over and say I'm gonna do this
>ottor mode friend runs over says he needs to spot me
>bear mode friend also comes over and says I'm going to kill myself while he takes off the huge weights
>they start telling me the weight of the long pole and what it adds up to
>start off with 20 on each side
>more bulky dudes start seeing what's happening and walk over
>they're all like holy shit she's gonna die
>turns out I couldn't lift 30 pounds so they take off more
>couldn't do 20 either
>the crowd around me keeps getting bigger and heads are turning
>PE teacher walks in and sees what's going on as well with a serious face
>13.5 pounds I'm determined
>otter boy doesn't want me to lift it
>I say no I'm going to do this
>he let's me take hold
>crowd is around me as I struggle to lift the weight
>I lift it all the way up and do about 6 or 7 more as bear says with a smile that I can keep going
>otter starts calling me a weak fucking bitch if I don't do at least 10
>do just that
>sweating and they set the weight back down
>whole PE room starts clapping and cheering
>PE teacher tells everyone alright settle down now
>friends tell me never touch the machine again
>I don't
>the end

It was an experience and a half. I appreciated the encouragement from my peers. I've lost about 40 pounds and have kept it off ever since.

>enter gym
>not a special day in particular
>you didnt eat any more than usual or take any extra supp
>not even extra sleep or rest or anything
>youre lifting 10-20% more than usual

Ill figure it out some day

>go to gym
>they play normie tier music, /mu/ would weep
>music video showed on some screen
suddenly
>hear saxophones
>Look up
>David Byrne is getting out of a car and walking towards St. Vincent
>Who.mp3
youtube.com/watch?v=hpPYKJAnwUo
>one of my favorite albums, and I'm hearing it where they play Owl City, Selena Gomez and Coldplay
>I've heard the pop songs repeat in 20 minutes, and they're playing art music that I don't think even charted

It was weird for me

>another time they played Lazaretto by Jack White
youtube.com/watch?v=qI-95cTMeLM

>enter gym one day too early because I won't have time tomorrow.
>still not properly recovered.
>ate very little protons and carbs because paycheck is long gone.
>tossed in bed all night.
>break pr on every lift I do.

>get in gym after one week break.
>basically only ate and slept during that time.
>did a bit of volume work mid-week just to keep groves greased.
>deloading since I'm starting a new program.
>struggle to get reps in with deload weight.

i went to high school in georgia. PE was mandatory in 9th grade, and the 2nd semester was weightlifting. to pass the class i had to bench my own bodyweight by the end of the semester. i barely made it with the worst form ever and almost dropped the bar on my neck.

kekd

My high school in Indiana had a weight room that's bigger than my current gym and we had a mandatory PE class where we had to bench, squat, dead lift, and do skull crushers. It's what originally got me Veeky Forums

>Ride my bicycle to the gym
>Say hi to receptionist lady, make small talk
>Go put my shit in locker
>Notice I forgot my key
>Go back to get key
>Receptionist says have a nice day
>Say thanks, but I just got here
>She apologizes profusely for forgetting and spills her spaghetti for a few minutes
>Idk why tho, thought it was funny
>Get my key
>Walk back inside
>She greets me again
>I just give her a cheeky breeky look
>She turns red and hides herself behind her computer screen
Side gains were sick that day.

>6year old girl stands in front of me and starts tugging on my leg.
C-Cute!

That's actually fucking great

kek I'm imagining a bunch of skinny kpop guys holding their phones going "ooooo" everytime you did a rep

>get nosebleeds often my whole life
>basically like a male period, every 1-2 months then they can recur for a few days afterwards
> haven't had a nosebleed for about 4-5 months, have been going to the gym for almost 4

Fuck i'd be so pissed if they started during the gym, I thought last rep faces and high blood pressure lifts had cured it

My younger siblings have to take 4 years of PE classes now. They can choose between PE, advanced PE, and whats basically a lifting class.

I took lifting for two years and my teacher laid out a routine that was basically bench/squat and clean-press/deadlift. He would work with you to make a routine specific to your sport. Our class was 75 minutes so we would usually workout for 60 and then do some sort of cardio/ab thing for the last 10.

Yeah it was, but the possibility of her getting squashed like an empty soda can just because her whore mother wanted to feel her PTs quads for five minutes was decidedly uncute.

Man, that normie music kills me, I wish I could have a home gym, but I have no space
After 4 they even turn the gym into a rave by using flashy colourful disco lights for some retarded fucking reason, as soon as I went there and found out I noped like hell and left.

>after 4 they turn the gym into a rave
oh God, why? that seems beyond stupid and into dangerous.

Anyways, it's not like my music is good workout music (last albums I bought were Devil Makes Three gospel blues album and Jack White acoustic album), but when you're playing the same top 40 songs, it gets old real fast. I've heard the stupid indian-esque pop/electronic song like twenty times in the last month.

Maybe 1/30 is good music.

>First time in gym
>Machine where you apply for membership doesn't work
>After 20 minutes of helping me a guy who works there lets me in due to pity
>Turns out my homemade nut and dried apricot smoothie had spilled all over my bag
>Benched but form was shit so I shook like I had MS
>Went to changing room toilet to wash bottle and contents of bag
>See guy on urinal pissing away
>Thinking I would make friendly small talk and get people to like me I simply said "n...nice form"
>He looked at me in a confused manner while I just pulled a dopey grin
>I said "have a nice day" and he just walked off
>Waddle down stairs because I had pins and needles from squats
>Leave and finish smoothie sludge which had the texture of diarrhea because you can't use nuts and dried apricots as a decent brotein smoothie base
>Hobble home because of said pins and needles
>Mum goes "How was gym?"
>"f...fine"
>End up just sitting in fetal position in the shower
Pushing a bar up and down doesn't do shit for autism

Yeah, everyone is allowed their own musical tastes, but the same pop bullshit is cancer.
I don't understand why the discolights are there, but I know that it was the normies fault
The music won't be an issue for long though, since I'm compiling a playlist that consists of French language audiobooks, motivational Nazi speeches/ folksongs and top tier music from most genres, just nothing past 2005

It's a city in England.

just keep going back brah, you'll make it. everybody has their first day

I'll try, maybe someday I can beat the normies at their own game

Stick with it. It will get better.
>My first time at gym.
>Walk in Monday at 8pm, weekly peak.
>Locker-room is crowded as fuck and everyone is huge.
>Feel all eyes on me as I change to reveal skinnyfat gut (actually probably no one was looking.)
>Everyone is laughing at me (actually they are laughing at unrelated banter.)
>Step into weightroom, packed as fuck.
>Everyone stares (no they weren't.)
>Supposed to do squats with bar first.
>Fit chick is squatting 1plt in only rack.
>Pretend to walk around gym between sets while trying to muster up courage to ask her how many sets she got left.
>End up bolting out of there 5 minutes latter.
>So miffed at myself that I barely can drive.
>Park car on lonely hillside. Disgusted as fuck with myself.
>Go home.
>Go back to gym at 3AM and do my training.
A month latter I started coming in in the mornings when there is a 50/50 causal/big-people crowd.
A month after that I would come in occasionally on Monday evenings, too crowded for my taste but zero insecurity.
Nowadays I go at around midnight when the competing powerlifters and bodybuilders gather - banter and hang out with them afterwards.
We're all gonna make it.

>un-noticed satanic trips

>Monday 7:30pm and it's squat day
>About half an hour in worked up to my 80% feeling good.
>See some sperg come walk over to me then walk away rubbing his hands nervously
>he walks back and forth about 6 times, obviously wants to ask how many I have left
>Hear him mutter 'everyones staring at me' as he leaves with his face blushing
>Look out the window and hes sitting in his car crying on the hillside
>Gym PT tells me he turned up 7 hours later on his own and reenacted the situation from earlier
>Also tells me he tries to talk to the gym rats about his mixtape on the midnight sessions
>I only had two sets left he could have just asked s m h

Hi, Nikola. You smell, everyone is just too polite to say anything.

Seriously though, forcing yourself into uncomfortable situations is how you mature. Just fucking do it.

It was only mandatory in the 9th grade? In Bongland PE is mandatory from years 1 through to 11 (Age 4/5 - 16/17)

>weight room monitor because work study
>basically get paid to lift and rack weights
>end of day
>athletic trainers come through one by one
>chick does bent over rows, 50lb lat pulldowns, back leaning cable air humps, some ass workouts and fuckelse
>all terrible form
>dude does nothing but traps and lats with dumbbells while staring in the mirror
>ohps 2 45lb dumbbells
>twice
Such is life at a D-III.

Any word from our non north american Veeky Forums denizens?

Does your country have weightlifting as part of your physical education curriculum?

>Momscience said it does, real science said it doesn't
>therefore it has exactly half the effect momscience says it does

You retard, lifting at a young age can only stunt your growth if you suffer some kind of trauma, usually back trauma. You can still suffer back trauma as an adult, you'll just be a tall cripple instead of a short cripple.

Youd better be doing deadlifts again soon you faggot.

>everyones got their shirts off for meme workout
>everyone except me

Proper form weightlifting with decent nutrition doesn't stunt growth.
Weightlifting with poor nutrition does stunt growth, bad form can lead to structural anomalies.
Why risk it? It's not like you can put much muscle on anways at that age because of hormones. 15-16 is the soonest I'd let my kids start lifting.

Those weren't kids, they were just manlets.

Kek

It gets better believe me dude
> First day in the gym
> let's start this bitch out with some lat Pulldowns cause I'm a queer
> set it to like 87.5 or some shit like that
> holy shit this is heavy
> take out the pin thingy or whatever and it crashes down
> and gahdamn I still remember the crashing sound and having people look at me
> now I'm a regular, it gets better user

I wouldnt let my son start lifting untill hes 16-17

till then just body weight

Australian here, at our public school Pe was mostly outdoor stuff like soccer and baseball.
We did have 1 tiny weight room but you had to specifically ask he teachers to use it.
Also I never had to climb a rope, is that a real thing in America?

Ugh I know this exact feel wtf body

Had a similar experience but on the other side of the spectrum
>listening to my own shit doing chest
>my headphones are trash so I occasionally hear the gym radio between songs
>at one point think I hear barking
>wtf.jpg
>Stop my music between sets
>It's fucking DMX

youtube.com/watch?v=6CqXgs-7ico

>Remember the second half of the song is one giant homophobic rant
>They're not gonna keep this going right?

"I SHOW NO LOVE TO HOMO THUGS"

>Yeah they're blasting this in a college gym at peak hours
>I just start giggling like an asshole and finish out

Italy
Fuck no. Here people think Weightlifter/powerlifter/strongman all equal to Bodybuilder. Seriously

>indiana

DESIGNATED

Poland
Yes

In the German Reich you have to do PE until you leave School. This can be up to 12 years.

Any other anons from the Reich here? I'd love to hear some opinions on your experience with PE, my classes consisted of 90% soccer and sucked balls. Fat PE teachers too for some reason.

>my classes consisted of 90% soccer and sucked balls. Fat PE teachers too for some reason.
can confirm this, especially the fat teachers.

That's nothing, we have PE from preschool to college. Even for majors like electrical engineering.

In Illinois it's required to have pe every semester in college except one where it's replaced with health class

Actually it can be 13 years depending on where you live.
But desu it's mostly "Here you've got a ball, go play."

Yeah, soccer and Völkerball. Didn't learn anything sports related in school.

Fellow bong.

Compulsory and shit.

Finland

No.

Only aerobic shit like skiing, orienteering, hockey, floorball, pesäpallo (finnish version of baseball), soccer, basketball.

Sometimes teacher took us to gym but all we did was eat stuffed subs and drink energydrinks (ES) while sitting on legmachines.

Sweden here. I wish I was joking, this just confirms the stereotype about our country; my high-school PE class had massage and dance, but no weightlifting

>school trip in a COMMERCIAL gym that people PAY MONEY to use

surely this post is just a joke?

I went to a gym in China once while on holiday. I didn't get applause, but literally everyone in the free weights area stopped what they were doing and watched me while I frontsquatted. 2 of them even took pictures or videos...

You should get a doctor to burn some of the vessels on your septum. It's easy to do and might just get rid of your nosebleeds forever.

lurk more

how much did you front squat

bodyweight, mate.

Uruguay here.
PT it's just Football ( soccer, for you) and basic cardio here.

So don't let them have poor nutrition? It isn't that tough to understand.
I lifted weights in the gym since 12 and did heavy physical labour on my farm from like age 9-10. Still grew to 6'1, taller than my dad who's 5'11.
But we were never ever allowed to eat poorly. Every night was a feast especially around age 14-16 when i was going through the growth spurt I fucking could clean off 4-5 plates.
I think there'd be a difference between me and a 14 year old kid in the city who eats pizza pockets and cereal every day.