Can we have a paleo diet thread?

Can we have a paleo diet thread?

Civilization was built on beer and bread, and civilization built the Internet.

How are you posting these shit threads about fucking inane and misinformed dietary fads from your cave without electricity ? Smoke signals ?

you do know no science is as inconclusive as nutritional science, yes? Not the OP, but likely you have never tried paleo. Trying these things out for yourself is the only way for anyone to conclude that they work. Relying on science to guide your dietary habits and physical activity techniques is pretty ding danged silly. They're just starter advice at best, you have to do all the rest yourself.

its a meme

I restrict my carbs and eat almost no sugar, but I'll be damned if I'll start saying I'm on a meme diet

>not just eating exclusively whole, unrefined foods
>not eating 7 different vegetables and 1-2 fruit daily
>not eating lots of whole grains, legumes and dairy
>ever eating refined carbs or vegetable oils

So what's a typical day's meal plan look like for you? Do you do any sort of prep cooking at the beginning of the week?

>so what kinda arteries do u want senpai?

bumping

>triple 75s

is that even a thing? is this like trips?

Carbs clog your arteries, not animal products rich in saturated fat.

Grains have been part of human diet for thousands of years. Any reason why we have still not evolved to process them ?

Evolution is an inherently random process that takes time, and comes with no guarantees.

It means kek has mixed feelings about his post.

what, we can already process and digest them.
refined grains are just a wasteful source of carbs and only really serve to make you fat.
If you aren't going to eat Whole Grains only, then just stop eating grains altogether.
Paleo is dumb though

Evolution works in that way traits are adapted from people who survive to reproduce.

Grains don't kill people or prevent them from having children.

Please let the idiots who believe this stuff die of malnutrition or dietary related diseases

>Relying on science to guide your dietary habits and physical activity techniques is pretty ding danged silly

That about sums up the average paleo dieter

>Thinking I'll ever give up oats

>comes with no guarantees

Like how long it would take to adapt to grain consumption. Apparently we have adapted, since virtually all the data we've gathered on whole grains points to them being good for us. Same thing with legumes. I don't know why it's assumed that we haven't adapted to these foods when practically every piece of data we've gathered on beans and human health are positive.

>I disregard professional advice and learn about nutrition from blogs.

>you can adhere to a large list of arbitrary rules based on pseudoscience
>or you could just count your fucking calories

people love these stupid diets because it allows them to continue eating excessive calories while still claiming to be on a diet

Wednesday and Sunday I prep whichever of these:
>sweet potatoes
>buckwheat
>lentils
>chicken breast
>peas
>boiled eggs

And a slow cooker stew of carrots, swede, sweet potato, beef/lamb, peas, brown rice, whatever.

For dinner I basically eat lots of frozen mixed veggies, cabbage, beef, salmon, sardines, nuts, seeds, beans etc. Cottage fheese and Gouda before bed

>Evolution is an inherently random process
t. doesnt know jackshit about evolution

>alphamaletribe
>"events and authors inspiring folks to give it a try"
could this image be any less alpha

Grains are literally fruits. Swollen ovaries of plants. Humans are primates, and primates eat fruit.

Do you think mutations are non random? Or are you making a joke about intelligent design?

>lactose tolerance gene develops in 50 thousand years
>ITS IMPOSSIBLE FOR YOUR BODY TO DEVELOP CARB TOLERANCE IN 50 THOUSAND YEARS
>FORGET THE FACT THAT THE GLYCOGEN RESERVES RELY ON CARBS TO BE REPLENISHED

clean diet >everything else

> stuff I said
> stuff you thought I said because you can't into comprehension

Pick just one.