Thinking about opening a gym

Thinking about opening a gym.

I want you guys to tell me your vision of the perfect gym!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=j7mhFkc0k4U
youtu.be/tAAAbwEtZRo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

A gym without you as an owner.

More than one god damn squat rack and power cage, BIG plates

Plenty of power racks and the most important

Deadlift place with mats and shit

- no women
- no men
- no weights
- no problems

Nothing. /homegym/ master race.

Gym etiquette test must be passed to apply for membership.

a gym with alot of walls and dividers is cozy as fuck

People who tip the desk girl are banned

Lots of mirrors. My gym barely has any

Posters of Mark Rippetoe everywhere for motivation

multiple power racks, multiple deadlift platforms, bumper plates

a row of powercages, like 10 at least
same amount of oly platforms
head to toe mirrors, sometimes i want to see my calf pump but cant
some machines, but not a lot. free weights area should make up the bulk of the space, have a few cable ones cause those are nice
maybe 1 row of cardio, if any. i dont want those fuckers crowding up my gym, go run outside.

Mankinis are only allow.

underrated post

No douches allowed
A fridge and stove for people to whip up quick meals after
No women
No normie music
No discolights
Maybe themed days (Each Wednesday during October theres German music playing and if you wear a Nazi uniform you get a 2% discount for that month, which does stack up if you keep doing it for all those themes)
This should be a thing

full naked gym, no exceptions. No hiding the fact that you skipped leg day, no hiding that beer gut while calling yourself bearmode. Boners/erect nipples allowed.

middle of woods, no walls or roof, just equipment, river or stream running nearby for atmosphere

front desk is a fire circle where you can sit and chill and drink your protein shake after the workout

no technology allowed, no non-lifters allowed, no kids below 18 allowed

rubber mats everywhere, stretching area, dirty walls, gymnastic rings, weightlifting platforms with bumpers and eleiko barbells, dumbbells, kettlebells, sled drag area, climbing ropes, little bouldering corner for rockclimbers, box jump area
basically a crossfit box without the faggy programming
no top-40 shitty pop music, just good lyricless instrumental music, not too distracting
no stupid quotes on the walls, a small section near the dumbbells with mirrors, lots of windows and a big balcony with rubber mats for outdoor calisthenic/stretching with a good view
big water filter cause the drinking fountains usually taste like chlorine
barriers between urinals, private showers, sauna, hot tub, ice bath and a masseuse

this is ideal, obviously not very realistic or cheap to set-up
also no stupid PT's giving tips when they're not needed and a no cell-phone rule

>Each Wednesday during October theres German music playing and if you wear a Nazi uniform you get a 2% discount for that month,

thats so....

oddly...

specific...

I may have thought of that idea more than once...
Maybe we can make the showers release mustard gas
I still can't believe that no one likes this, come on now

Watch this video OP.
youtube.com/watch?v=j7mhFkc0k4U
bout the powerlifting gym I go to, ain't gonna be easy.

basically this

>Enough power racks for everyone
>Never run out of plates
>After you lift a nice mist cools your face
>No one comes just to flex
>Water isn't $80
>Always an open shower
One can only dream

A lot of chest and tricep related machines

Please have tootsie roll candles await me at the front desk. Oh and the occasional pizza or bagel treat.

And can you get a rid of those awful brutes and their free weights? They intimidate me and I wish to pass judgment on them but on me because I should be welcomed at all costs.

fuckin' dying.

premium squat racks (the ones with ash trays)

my nigga

>no plate racks
Yeah just stack em all on the platform right in the fucking way jesus whos the dyel who planned this gym?

Now, how do you think he is going to afford all of that in a such a low profit margin business. Especially when most of it is going to go unused?

normie alarm

it's my dream one day to have a gym that's guys only. it's gonna be called guy heaven.

As much as I hear these planet fitness jokes I never heard of someone being this stupid. I never heard someone who isn't fit referring to dumbells and barbells as "free weights."

your dream is to open an exclusively gay gym that openly advertises itself as being gay.

Replace all the benches with toilets so I can shit while I bench press

>milk is going to come out of the water fountains

Adjustable artificial gravity

Membership fee instead of coin operated squat racks please, this new trend has to stop.

Power racks, squat racks, benches, lots of olympic bars, dumbells, and plates for everyone.

You wont make money tho. Normies like machines and the cardio shits.

i came

Enjoy the bugs

A divider between the weights and the cardio machines.

you should hire woman exclusively paid to mirin

savage

Glorious

With a higher ceiling and yes

back to 9gag

>human milk

>2016
>wanting to be strong but not wanting the human milk of kindness

a celltech fountain

>no women
>no clothes
>no homo

the plates are racked on the rack brah

Guy Heaven

youtu.be/tAAAbwEtZRo

What do you get from this, you fucking redditards? Go the fuck back to /r/Veeky Forums.

No blacks
No pajeets
No cell phones
No blacks
No mexicans
No faggots
No blacks

>Lunk alarm on every wall
>All machines are lunk alarms
>All treadmills dispense pizza and are locked to .5 incline with 1.5mph speed max settings

Monkey bars EVERYWHERE

and BMX bikes and foam pits for Cardio .

and water slides
and mini golf

HAHAHA

Sounds like the gym I go to except they have a room for cardio machines instead of just a row. It's pretty great.

Assuming you are being real here and not bait
to make money you will need lazy fat people who dont go and skinny fat normies who only do cardio
while having a few power racks are fine you do not want many cheap autistic /fit people going to you gym
just have a good amount of cardio and machines with a nice dumbell rack along with 3ish power racks depending on size of gym
good luck

Or he can become a YouTube celebrity, make a catchy name ie Barbell Brigade and endorse a bunch of hot chicks to talk about it so you can price monthly fees at $150.

My gym is fairly small but I think it's really good if you don't come during the rush hours (like 5pm for example), so as the anons suggested have a few different cardio machines, something like a chest press, rows, lat pulldowns, bars for pullups/dips, some yoga mats for stretching (and a place to actually do the stretching), also please have more than 2 benches because that's what driving me insane about my gym
good luck user

Replace every U in that sentence with an A and you'll have your dream

This would be so much more cost-effective for me.

Reverse hyper machine

Lots of power racks

Bumper plates and platforms

Either have a guy go around racking the weights, or somehow strictly enforce racking the weights (especially dumbbells)

No meme machines

ample water fountains

either no music playing, or intense lifting music. No pop bullshit, play music for lifting weights, not music to keep the cardio bunnies singing along

lots of cables

lots of mirrors, head to toe

very few cardio machines - tell people to go run outside (it's fucking great, way better than cardio machines. running in the rain is amazing too)

Nice

call it the autism gym

You know the hyperbolic time chamber from Dragonball? Yeah just make that.

it has a ghr bench, a reverse hyper machine, actual pull up bars, squat racks, bumper plates and a prowler. there is no crossfit shame culture, in fact everyone is very nice and knowledgeable but only gives information if asked.

so a spin class for trannies?

Required (if a gym doesn't have all these things, I will not pay money to go there):
-power racks
-benches
-oly lifting platforms
-Ample iron plates
-Ample bumper plates
-chinup bars (preferably separate from power racks, though this is not a deal breaker)
-GHR stations
-Cable row
-Decent (not cheap and easily broken) barbells
-Chalk (preferably provided, but definitely allowed)
-Owner that I get along with

Dream team (all other items that I would include in my perfect gym):
-Spin lock, heavy duty collars
-Resistance bands, from minis to monsters
-Chains of all different sizes
-Rolling thunder
-Plate loaded gripper
-Plate loaded dumbbells
-Adjustable cable machine
-Hammer pull down
-Atlas stones up to 300lbs (and loading station)
-Kettlebells up to 200lbs
-Medicine balls up to 200lbs
-Safety squat bar
-Log (like for log presses)
-Gymnastics rings
-Climbing rope
-Prowler
-Land mine
-Yoke
-Farmer's walk handles
-Axle bar
-Boxes (for partial rep dls, oly lifts, also for box jumps)
-Tractor tires
-Hip belt squat machine
-Cambered bar
-Hex bar

That's all I can think of, though I'm sure I've left something out. If you had a gym with all this, I would suck your dick every day just for the privilege of letting me go there.

Ah, dip station. That's what I forgot.

lunk alarm
no dumbbells over 50 pounds
no barbells
free pizza

Please make this happen.

Omg sign me up!

Isn't it strongman?
How is the gym overall?
Is Alan the same off camera as on?

Is there any logical reason why you would fucking say that post is underrated? Has anybody expressed any kind of dissatisfaction or criticism at all against it? Are you delusional? Are you reading replies that are nonexistant? Maybe you come from communities with voting systems, but there is literally no way that you could know what other people think of that post you just replied to here. Maybe it's psychological. Maybe it's your own post you're replying to, like a 12 year old fucktard liking his own facebook posts thinking his swelling autism is going unnoticed. Maybe your self esteem depends on you tricking yourself into thinking someone out there thinks your post is worth something. Or maybe you are just a retard, the worst kind of retard, the one who thinks he's smart, the one who thinks he's the only one to have gotten the joke, to have understood the post. Well, guess what, faggot, that post is under no definition underrated so why don't you do the world a favor and go check out what the bottom of your toilet smells like?

a boxing ring

Fuck off toxic dickhole. THat's only funny on tumblr and reddit.

I bet you're one of the fucking newfags who always whines over no good threads too.

F U L L W E W L A D

No shirt
No girls
No homo

Why is it underrated? It doesn't contribute to the thread at all. In fact it's fucking up content. OP is asking a questions about gyms. On Veeky Forums. Oh, shock and fucking horror.

Goddammit. I want Summer to go. I want all the robot faggots to go with it. I want reddit to go the fuck back the shittty thing they call a fitness forum.

Exactly this. Normies who think they fit in here because they tell people they lift is pissing me off. Lurk moar wasn't always just a meme. It used to be an unofficial rule of conduct. Now this flood of autism is fucking this board.

Just make a ripoff of strength camp

No normies and Chads allowed gym

must haves
>at least 2 oly platforms/plenty of oly weights
>at least 3 power cages (preferably all power cages, my high school gym had all power cages with roll in benches and it was godly)
>1-2 leg press machines
>1-2 rowing machines
>1-2 cable machines
>rubber mat flooring
>full free-weight section lbs 5-120
>try to get 1 of each accessory lift machine

but see this shit gives a super expensive start-up cost, but depending on your demographic/gym size you can cut back on a lot of this and only have 2 oly platforms, 3 power racks and a few benches then a bunch of free weights

Put down yellow stripes on the floor in front of the dumbell rack with "DO NOT STAND HERE"

I hate it when people work out directly in front of the dumbbell rack. I shouldn't have to tell you to move your ass out of the way.

you know what really grinds my gears?

fucking lawn mower pulls ON THE DUMBBELL RACK

Yeah, it's like fuck man you shouldn't even be starting that thing in here at all, there's no grass and it's not safe to run a gasoline engine indoors.

Fleshlights in the locker room.

Squat plug fitting stations
Crabcock arena

thats the funniest thing I have ever seen

Sounds like my highschool gym

>thinking about going back as a volunteer coach just for that gym

>Invest in really "good lighting"
>Have a one way mirror to the cardio section with a Starbucks attached
>Have a giant glass cooler filled with ice and sliced lemons and lime and water

>Dick Milk

>2016
>Not being a super mutant
C'MON

As long as it's ran like my gym

>be me
>ask fit friend to help me get Veeky Forums
>tells me I can come to his gym for a while
>place is off the main street
>no sign on the outside telling you what it is other than some faded poorly done window paint on the windows that says "GYM" in letters about a foot tall
>walk in
>there's an entrance area with faux parquet vinyl flooring that probably has asbestos glue holding it down
>smack dab in the middle is an old barber chair, and a tv hanging up on the wall over a fridge
>sitting in the chair is a guy in his late 50's early 60's
>you can tell he used to be a pro
>My friend says "Ay Mac, this is my friend user, is it alright if he tries shit out for a while?"
>he nods, friend walks off
>start following
>"eh eh eh, come here."
>take a few steps forward
>"This is MY fucking house, I live here, respect my house. Do you understand the entire breadth and width of that statement?"
>nod
>"I said do you fucking understand me?"
>"Yes sir."
>he extends his hand
>shake hands
>run off and follow my friend

There is never a plate left unracked. There's never a barbell that's been misplaced or in the wrong order. Bars are always put back after sets. Everyone treats the place like it's Mac's house because it is. His apartment is right up the stairs next to the refrigerator in the entrance.