Figured this would be the right thread for me to post this, since the words "Fat Fuck" and "depression" were mentioned...

Figured this would be the right thread for me to post this, since the words "Fat Fuck" and "depression" were mentioned.. I started losing weight about 6 months ago, I've lost 50lbs+ so far. I'm 5ft 9 and I currently weigh 154lbs.
Pic related is how I look, and I'm worried about it
My GW was 160lbs and I've surpassed this and I look horrible.. is that loose skin? Maybe I should slow down on the weight loss..

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Ji3Ot3kUeHU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Figured this would be the right thread for me to post this, since the words "Fat Fuck" and "depression" were mentioned..
Ignore this, I was going to post this as a response but decided to make a thread

Just eat healthy and it'll go away

Start building muscle. The fuck are you just losing weight for the sake of looking like a skellington for?

Skeletons are aesthetic

At the moment I've just been eating ~1600 calories per day, so I should keep this up and keep losing weight?
What this user said, I think it might look cute

dafuq im 5'11 159 and look so much fatter

Yes keep the calories the same as you've been doing but eat better foods
Get more vitamins to plump up your skin to improve elasticity

6 months isn't long enough for your body and skin to adjust. Keep up your weight training ease off cardio 10-30mins here an there is ok.

Up your calories to at least 2000 with 1.5g protein per lb or bodyweight.

You've done well just keep on at it. It's early days don't let it get you down.

FUCK.
So it is loose skin. why does this have to happen to me

Dude relax, it WILL go away

I've not been weight training at all, maybe I should start doing that huh?
There's no gyms at all around me, I live in the countryside
Thanks, I hope it does before the end of this year

Don't listen to him keep the cardio going
Make sure your circulation is going great it'll help tighten up
Also try some firming cream if it bothers you too much

I guess halloween is right atound the corner. Good luck on your weak nu male path OP

Like this dude said Your skin isn't able to keep up with how much fat you're losing which is causing it to be loose. It just takes time for it to adjust, but it will shrink. Them stretch marks are there for good though, but they'll be less noticeable when your skin shrinks.

>I hope it does before the end of this year

nope. you're looking at a couple of years, assuming you drink enough waters, keep your vits & mins up to spec.

This is from around the beginning of this year so at least its progress, but I'd rather be like how I was then have loose skin everywhere

oh and I'm only 18 my skin shouldn't be loose

I feel for you, OP, since I lost over 80 lbs and have loose skin on my lower stomach, as well. I hate to be the one to say this, but the comments you're getting from others are false... Truly loose skin from major weight loss does NOT go away, unless you get it surgically removed. I've seen photos of a 24-year-old guy with loose skin from weight he lost when he was 17. It has nothing to do with how fast you lose it, how long you wait, what creams/pills you use, or anything else. If you stay heavy long enough, your skin literally becomes larger, and when the fat is burned away underneath, there's no pressure on the skin to return to its smaller state.

This is obviously not major weight loss you pessimist loser
This amount can retract perfectly

I'll just kill myself

But dead skin won't retract at all

I'm not trying to be a pessimist, just a realist. That characteristic little flap of skin under the navel that is lower on both sides than it is in the center is the hallmark of significant weight loss (he said he lost 50+ lbs). If any of the people giving him this expert advice on how it will tighten up have actually had this themselves and watched it magically disappear by exercising and "giving it time," let me know. Go ahead, I'll wait.

chiming in since I'm a 27 year old guy who lost when I was 17. Went from 255 to 185 initially. Loose skin never goes away. Considering an abdominoplasty this spring because there's no way I can just lose/massgain past this shit. At 24 I tried keto hardcore, thinking there was just some stubborn fat waiting to be eliminated before the skin shrank back. Not the case, pic related is of me at my absolute lowest weight (168 @ 5'11) with pizza dough stomach skin.

really sucks. I feel somewhat better about it after putting on some mass and really prioritizing core workouts (abdominals, obliques, etc,) but it still just hangs there. It's less saggy now and more like a permanent lil gut. Tanning helped even out stretch marks so they're less noticeable, but I'm just stuck with my pudgy stomach.

Surgery is just about all that will work for loose skin, I think. Feel pretty fucking terrible honestly.

Judging by your second pic there is evidence that your skin has stretch marks around the abdomen. Your skin WILL be loose no matter what age you are if you suddenly go from needing to have stretch marks to not needing to.

Holy shit, OP doesn't even come close to having it as bad as you. Stay strong man!

Here's a guy that has gotten pretty ripped after his weight loss. Should he just keep waiting for that skin to just tighten on up, guys? Maybe another year or two?

Giants ugly scars and fucked nipples from surgery ain't going to be much better.

Fuck. I've been bouncing between 210-220 forever, finally worked out how to cut properly and I'm headed for 150... and I guess this is what awaits me too

I wanted to have abs, but all I can have is flabs

That picture really touched me, you look so strong though
Here is a picture of me standing upright, in the first pic I was sucking in and angled a bit towards the mirror.. I really don't want ANY loose skin

We're not trying to give OP a hard time, man. Hell, we're in the same boat as he is. But we're also not going to give him false hope, either. He still has a relatively high body fat percentage, so the leaner he gets, the saggier that skin will become. That's the way loose skin works. The less subcutaneous fat you have, the more noticeable it is. Having loose skin is better than being fat, but a bunch of people telling him that it's going to "clear up on its own" if he just keeps exercising when they don't even know what they're talking about isn't going to help him. It'll just make him feel worse when it doesn't happen.

Yeah it sucks. My only consolation is my facial gains were pretty great, but the contrast between my shirtless body and my face is pretty extreme. I feel like I need to warn people before I take my shirt off so that they don't get freaked out.
Your frame can handle a lot of muscle, I think that'll help you quite a bit. Your loose skin isn't too bad, and if you prioritize your chest I think you'll be looking pretty good bro. Hang in there.

Fuck didn't mean to turn this isn't a support group bros.

omg shut up you spoiled middle class american brat, your problems are soooo bad, your body is soooo disgusting.

I know exactly how you feel man. Obviously we have the determination and drive to do whatever it takes to transform our bodies, but we're still completely powerless to change this one aspect of our physiques. We traded embarrassing fat for embarrassing saggy skin. I'm just as embarrassed to take my shirt off now as I was when I was fat.

When you're standing upright like that, it's hardly even noticeable. Your first picture made it look more significant.

Here's my progress - 247 down to 169 in this pic. Loose skin is hidden by my waistband.

Here's a picture from a week earlier, where my boxers are sitting lower and you can see the loose skin.

I know that feel man. I'm scheduled for a fleur-de-lis tummy tuck on the 28th.

Kinda anxious, but I know I can't live the rest of my life with this shit on my stomach. I haven't even flirted with a chick in like 3 years because I know I'd be too embarrassed to take my shirt off.

He has much more skin than OP
OP has a tiny wrinkle on his belly not fucking skin flaps

Shut the fuck retard, he can be worried about his own issues as he wants it's not because some poor nigger from africa is starving that he can't cry about his weight problem here on a fitness board.

>Having loose skin is better than being fat, but a bunch of people telling him that it's going to "clear up on its own" if he just keeps exercising when they don't even know what they're talking about isn't going to help him. It'll just make him feel worse when it doesn't happen.

So at worse it motivates him to exercise harder and taks better care of his skin
Wow surely a much worse fate than your "just fucking give up" approach

I never once told him to stop exercising or to "give up." I just told him that loose skin won't go away on its own, or through exercise/skin care. If you want to get rid of loose skin, get surgery. It's as simple as that. I have loose skin and I still lift all the time and take care of my body. It's not a "one or the other" situation. Just because I pointed out that the others' advice was incorrect doesn't mean you have to pick an argument with me. I'm just trying to give him an honest answer.

Damn dude, sorry to hear about your illness. Hope you're doing better, and good luck with your upcoming surgery!

Loose skin can and does go away with skin care

damn are you serious?
insane progress my friend
mirin hard

Not the dude you're replying to but--

There's always gonna be exceptions. Definitely try out whatever skincare regimen you want if you want a low impact approach. Might work for you, and if it does, awesome. If you try for a year and see no improvement, I don't honestly think all the expensive creams in the world will make a difference.

by skin care, you mean covering up the loose skin like in the pic?
Sorry but "moisturizing and staying hydrated" is an old myth.

Thanks, man. Loose skin has been the only disappointment during my cut. As great as I feel about the weight I've lost and the muscle I've gained, you'd have to pay me to take my shirt off at the pool because I'm so self-conscious about the saggy skin on my stomach...

youtu.be/Ji3Ot3kUeHU

Here's it in motion with the girl touching her belly amd everything to show you the difference

>posts "miracle cure" skin care meme, complete with lame tagline and doctored cover-up photo
>expects to be taken seriously

kek

I considered becoming fat again or just slowly bulking and continuing to bulk till it fill out. I honestly thing being a bit fat looks better than disgusting loose skin.

Instead I decided I'll die alone and that's fine.

Eye roll emoji

You guys are soooo smart nothing gets past you that's why you have all the answers

Just do rad shit instead. I've gotten into mountaineering and rock climbing.

Also girls really don't give a shit. I've dated a bunch of girls, slept with 5-6 of them, and none of them have ever said a word about my loose skin. I'd eventually bring it up, and 100% of the time they said that it didn't bother them. Pretty girls, too. Give it a shot.

pic related: took this doing dope shit instead of being bummed about my saggy stomach skin.

Oh and not to mention non-invasive clinical skincare or shit like dermarolling that helps with wrinkly loose skin too

You guys are too quick to give up
So hung up on muh old wives tale you won't even try

See, the problem with loose stomach skin is that it's precisely located in the one area of a man's body that doesn't get bigger as you get fitter. The argument could be made for "filling in" loose skin with muscle when it comes to your pecs, quads, arms, etc., but it's not like your abs are going to get big enough to fill in the loose skin on your stomach after weight loss (unless you develop an HGH gut).

I'd probably just die doing shit like that. I'll stick to low tier stuff like hiking and camping. Less accidents that way.

I know, hence why I'd slowly bulk and eventually just become strongfat or something. Might do it anyway.

>tfw trying dermarolling
>skin feels like you have a rash on it all day, turns bright red, any stretch marks stick out like fucking crazy
>draws all this awful undue attention to your skin and makes you think about it all fuckin day instead of just when your shirt is off
feels demoralizing, man

Have you ever actually had loose skin that has been successfully eliminated by one of these miracle cures, or are you just going to post the most convincing "before"/"after" pictures that they use specifically to sell these treatments to people?

Don't overdo it man

If even the video of the chinese girl showing her own results with a product she's not affiliated with and paid a lot of money for herself didn't convince you then there's really no point
Just go ahead and do nothing

Looked into this shit. $200 for a small bottle is a lot to ask for people looking to take a leap of faith, and I've been burned in the past with similar miracle cures.

Don't really know what to think.

You do realize that, in her case, she was recovering from a pregnancy, right? She was skinny and firm before, gained her baby weight over a maximum of 9 months, and then had her baby (thus ending the stress placed on her skin). That's a lot different than a person who has been overweight for many years.

Different how? The end result is still damaged skin

stay hydrated.... it will go away also by the looks of it. work on your mid section.. sit ups and planks if you get thicker the skin will tighten both with work at time.

Hey man, i'm just starting to lose weight and i've lost 6 lbs since a month ago. Last week I just got an exercise bike I wanna know how long do you do cardio. I'm free for the whole week until I get a job. Can you recommend me your workout routine? I wouldn't mind the loose skin, i'll just cross the bridge when I get there

this is where I'm at right now, on a cut, down to 220 from 230, should I be expecting loose skin if I go down to about 185-190? if so, anything I can do while cutting to keep things manageable?

Lift, and don't overdo the deficit. Honestly I don't think you're big enough to be worrying about all that much loose skin.

i'm down to 179 from 225 starting in February.
My recommendation is LIFT
The extra muscle mass will make you look better, and it'll make you lose fat faster because it'll increase the amount of calories your body will burn passively.
Anyway I wouldn't worry too much about loose skin. You probably won't have any and even if you do, its a small price to pay for getting fit

is loose skin permanent after losing a loads of weight?

i'm lifting alongside cutting, month and a half into stronglifts with some extra bicep work
thanks brehs

At 5'9 why even bother tbqh

you're never going to look cute as a former fattie unless you get very lucky. you're going to have a lot of loose skin if you go for the whole slender thing. it's too fucking late for that. go beast mode, turn into a fucking bear, doing that is a much easier transition for your skin than going skellington mode. i used to be 5'9 265 lbs, now im 205 lbs at like 15-18% bodyfat, so a good amount of muscle. i'm so much happier looking like this than a 140 lbs twink with loose skin everywhere.

also forgot to mention becoming beast mode (by normie standards lol) has given me a massive testosterone boost which i've needed because i never had a strong father figure lol

nice work, keep at it buddy. I guarantee you're going to make it

I'm not an expert on the matter so I can't really say.
I'm close to having lost 50 pounds and I do have a little loose skin, but I gotta say it doesn't bother me a bit.

>you're never going to look cute as a former fattie

Then what's the point

no you don't fatty mcfatfat. how about instead being a little bitch you fill out some of that loose skin with hard muscle? or are you too much of a pussy to put in the hard work that would take?

because you can still become a fucking beast my dude.

200 lb beast > 140 lb loose-skin-draped fail-twink > 260lb fatass

where you think "130 lb fairy twink" fits in that ranking is irrelevant, you're almost certainly never going to achieve it. So go for beast mode

Took this photo this weekend after 7 full days of going to the gym. I'm 6'3 255 lbs at the moment and bought a membership for a whole year.

I go the gym M-F and do cardio at the end of every day (20-30 min burning 300-350 cals). I've been doing a cut with surplus protein (220+ g).

How fucked is my stomach? I plan on going burr mode because of the wider framed shoulders and general hairiness. My gym partner who is in great shape wants me to be in great shape by June, is this doable?

Highly depends on genetics.

Nearly a year to get in decent shape is a bretty good time frame.

Go from ugly to ugly sounds like wasted effort

Yeah, definitely understand that. I have some pretty long marks on my hips and some minor next to my belly button. I'm just wondering how bad it's going to be. But it'll be better than what's in that picture I suppose.