Thinking about Orthodoxy post aesthetic Orthobro pics

Thinking about Orthodoxy post aesthetic Orthobro pics.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0ish4LIuCtA
youtube.com/watch?v=O2datksJA4U
youtube.com/watch?v=RwFYUJb03d0
youtube.com/watch?v=hsByuW8fhGQ
youtube.com/watch?v=feu2owd0MsY
youtube.com/watch?v=0bDw5F32c_w
twitter.com/AnonBabble

pretty gross looking
icons are ugly & choppy looking
gilded vomit
cluttered
"yuck"

Nobody cares mutt

You obviously care because you replied, nigger.

Archangel Michael defender of Orthodoxy and destroyer of Heresy that you Pope worshipers follow

He looks like a bro! I wouldn't mind sharing a pint with him!

Pics cannot descripe it, but if you really wan't to see Christian aesthetics visit a monastery and more specifically a hermitage.

Orthodox icon of Jesus Christ, notice how he's not 6'8'' blonde hair blue eyed stud like dumb American cultists claim to be

>falling for the church Jew
Abandon Christianity you cuck

Saint Alexander Nevsky defender of Novgorod and Pskov, fought against Prussian Crusaders in Livonian war and prevented Crusaders from converting Russia to Catholicism

Try Latin mass before you go down the Orthodox autism route, it might be what you're actually looking for

>Try Latin mass before you go down the Orthodox autism route, it might be what you're actually looking for

kys mend the the schism, don't support it

>Friendly reminder the patriarch of Rome split from Orthodoxy because he wanted more power in the 11th century

>Vastas is best known for its "miracle church" of Saint Theodora of Vasta, who was an 11th-century Byzantine citizen. When the area was raided by bandits, Theodora was determined to help defend her village, but as a woman it was unthinkable to do so. Not to be deterred, Theodora secretly disguised herself as a male soldier in order to join the defense. Unfortunately, Theodora did not survive, and as she lay dying she uttered the following words:

''"Let my body become a church

My blood a river

My hair the forest"''

The villagers, moved by her bravery and her untimely demise, built a church at the site of her grave. Legend has it that a local river re-routed to pass directly under the church. Eventually, trees sprouted from the roof of the church, the roots of which are not visible under the roof and neither inside nor outside the church. Currently the church has 17 enormous holly and maple trees growing on its roof. Most of them are taller than 30 meters. Saint Theodora has become an important saint of the Greek Orthodox Church and the site has become important for religious pilgrims and sightseers alike
>Currently the church has 17 enormous holly and maple trees growing on its roof
Saint Theodora was 17 years old when see died.

Great Martyr Lazar Hrebeljanovic King of Serbia, fought against the Turks in 1389 which would cost him and Sultan Murat's life, which would prevent Turks from conquering Serbia for next 60 years

>mend the schism by choosing one side of it over the other

Whatever you say, memeflag

>population gets killed by failing to grow the easiest of all crops to grow
>blames the English instead of accepting responsibility
>blames fungus when they can't blame the English
>Europoors
>Used to be anti-fag until Soros bucks came in, public opinion immediately shifted in less than a decade
>No Irish or dogs allowed
>No Irish need apply
>Never conquered anything

Who is the real meme flag here?

Emperor Constantine founder of Constantinople and Empress Jelena of Byzantine Empire, Constantine converted to Christianity during his war with Maxentius who had twice the size of an army compared to Constantine, Constantine would see a sign while sleeping which would tell him to put X on the shields of his soldiers and on top of the head a curved circle, which would mark the Christ on the shields, he would then win the battle against Maxentius and Maxentius would drown while fleeing, ending the war in victory

Note, Constantine accepted Christianity right before his death making him first Christian Roman Emperor

He had red hair according to tradition. Orthodox icons paint him with red hair, it just turned brown becuase the iron paint was oxidized

>Orthobro

That sounds gay as fuck in Spanish

on the inside

Any good pics of mass and/or other traits (architecture,customs) etc.

youtube.com/watch?v=0ish4LIuCtA

This is how most liturgies look like

You poor sinners just can't help jooooing up every thread, can you? May God have mercy upon your shriveled little souls.

The architecture and customs tends to differ based on the nationality (russian, greek etc). Sometimes the women wear scarfs. My favorite pics are from monasteries and small churches.

'gross looking'
>go back to pastor Anderson 56%

>You will always be stuck with shitty Orthodox architecture
>ywn have Gothic buildings in your country

>Abbadon Christianity you cuck
no thanks, after the 2nd miracle that happens to you it's not funny anymore

thats because you and your parents are homos

That's a compliment coming from a Greek.

Have you been?
youtube.com/watch?v=O2datksJA4U

Listen to this guy chanting in Aghia Sofia. Truly mesmerizing.

youtube.com/watch?v=RwFYUJb03d0

Amazing.

enjoy it

Don't be a cuck, Serbs built some really cool byzantine churches.

We love giving compliments to Gayhammad's disciples.

No i have only been to pic related. Stayed 3 days with the monks, it was an incredible felling.

My village of ancestry is next to this place. I've stayed there for a night when I was younger.

youtube.com/watch?v=hsByuW8fhGQ

Absolutely beautiful. I hope by the time I die there are still priests in my diocese versed in old church slavonic to give me a proper sendoff.

Thanks Greek bros.God bless.

God bless you too brother. If you ever want to go to the monastery, make sure you do the 8km long hike from the gorge to get there. It's absolutely stunning.

>following the scuffed Orthodox church which is subservient to the Russian government
>or Greek Orthodox, which is practically non-existent outside of Greece

Following the pope is worse than that though.

It does look breathtaking.
youtube.com/watch?v=feu2owd0MsY

Just imagine that this song you posted is over 1000 years old. Makes classical music look too modern.

Truly spectacular isn't it?

A true man of God and his people. Věčĭnaja pamętĭ!

I've been here tho, when i was 16 i was in the area with a friend. I was LARPing as pagan then and my friend as an atheist, Even like that we couldn't resist the felling of tranquility and we got insight to light a candle.

youtube.com/watch?v=0bDw5F32c_w

Absolutely. Why are you not showing where you're from, I wonder.

It's looks like boring shit,even Neoclassical churches look better than that shit,but still not comparable to Catholic churches.

eat a hamster

Religion is a hope for infantile adults and tool for a state.

>it looks like boring shit
Because you look at it every day. Even the best gothic churches look like every other generic catholic church all around the world, hellish and pointy. The oldest examples of Byzantine churches look better than medieval catholic ones, and Neo-Byzantine revival is god tier.

How is anything i have said false.

Even if you are an Edgy Emo faggot,Western Churches are just better.

>dude spikes lmao
Too passé

It's trough these chants that I found God and Christianity again, they are so beautiful.

I have always wanted to visit your country.

Weird that it only happened to the paint on his head and so perfectly. If only there was red paint from that same time period and artist to reference the difference

I don't look at it everyday,i live in Northern Serbia.But the field trips to this boring ass Ball top churches in Southern Serbia where always a fucking drag.Pic related is what i look at everyday.

Do not upset the St.Maria. You would not like the outcome.

You should come its cheap and people are frendly

> dude spikes lmao

You should take into account that vojvodina wasn't stunted by Ottoman occupation. There are many sights in southern serbia hidden away from the big cities that are very pretty. If you want to look at old compact european architecture, try St. Petersburg, the Kremlin or Novgorod. Sofia is nice too.

Neoliberal, westernized, eurowanabe Serb is the most pathetic thing a man can be bro. Except if you aren't a Serb.

>worshipping a literal Jew
Have some self-respect

HUEHUEHUE

You got me! Oh wait, nope still a Jew.

> ignoring helmets and safety belts altogether
Have some self-respect

Russian churches look even worse than our Medieval Monasteries,albeit obviously more impressive architecturally.Look at this,why did they have to mix up all these colors,and still ball tops.
I am not a Western wannabe,i just want nicer looking buildings in my country lmao.

I don’t get it.

You have a very western outlook. That's a very beautiful city. I'd imagine the colours and shapes would be 1000x prettier and vivid irl. All catholic churches look the same and all central European cities are the same architecture.

The city is beautiful,yes,the Church is ugly.
>Western outlook
Just because i prefer a western style does not mean i have an Western outlook.Unfortunately Neoclassical style here,got replaced Serbo-Byzantine revival,and now some of the newer look hideous.

I find western churches kind of vulgar. And their interior is objectively worse.

It does. There are brown halos around him there's one on him right now and he has brown clothes. He is usually in red atire to represent his passion.

That church blends in very well, I think it's pretty. I agree that catholic churches have reached bigger architectural feats, but Byzantine churches don't fall far behind, especially Neo-Byzantine revival. However medieval Byzantine churches are leagues better than Catholic ones.

I doubt that, look at the book, it's still very striking red.

The only older Eastern church i kind of like is this one,the rest i don't really like.

Ok, it's just that in Greece whenever someone is a Catholicboo, he is always also a eurocuck and an atheist (ironically enough).

I should also mention there are Roman busts that have "brown" hair but it was originally red, and in mosiacs too with lions, and King David in the bible is described as having red hair. They use "ruddy" which is just a old word for red, the word in hebrew is just "red" This is why King David and Judah the traitor alwasy had red hair in old church art

Why does Greece even have Catholicboo's,when there are no Catholics there.And i am strictly talking bout buildings here,not Catholicism in general.

Meteora is lovely, but I can think of better examples.

There's only some memeliberals that are parroting european and american politics, not even christian anyway. They just feel that catholic LARPing makes them more european somehow. That's why i though that you are somewhat like them.