>9 hours of deep quality sleep
>get up at 5 o clock
>morning cardio 45 mins
>fresh air filling lungs
>see sun rise
>cold shower
>cup of blackest coffee
>feeling like a god

sometimes i regret how much time i wasted with party and bullshit. this feels better than beeing drunk.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/6LxyL2vz7b8
amazon.com/Daily-Rituals-How-Artists-Work-ebook/dp/B009Y4I4OM#nav-subnav
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4049052/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I agree, something about getting shit done real early in the AM feels fucking great.

But honestly after I workout and eat in the morning I don't feel like the rest of the day can match up to it's "completeness"

I need to fix my sleep schedule to do this desu

I go sleep too late and then its always too early when i getup

But then again i would have to shower 3 times a day (morning after cardio, after work because smelly physical work, and after gym).

I can only manage to get my sleep schedule in check for this type of shit for a week at most.

Then it just slides back into staying up all night for some reason.

>But honestly after I workout and eat in the morning I don't feel like the rest of the day can match up to it's "completeness"

so much this. still trying to figure out how i can keep a bit of it for the day.

actually have been an insomniac for years and i cant tell you how titanic an early night of quality sleep influences you in EVERY aspect of beeing.

try cold showers if you need to shower that often.

set the alarm clock to a time and then get up no matter what. never snooze. never take a nap longer than 20 minutes during the day. if you need more sleep go to bed earlier. thats the secret to a solid sleep shedule.

>tfw have to get up at 6 for work
>tfw have to workout at night

Probably 8 or so hours of fulfilling work.

>>cold shower
lmao why torture yourself my senpai?

Personally ive always found working out at night more relaxing for me
>9pm jog
>dark so nobody can see me
>feel alive watching the city lights
>I can take as many as i want
>nobody knows

5 years ago i thought the same about it. then i did some research and started slowly with just feet arms legs etc working myself up.

today i look forward to every cold shower because it clears my mind so good like a reset button for the mood. the skin gets smoother and healtier too. it has only benefits for me. but i highly believe in everybody having a different body with different needs. in my case its like my body longs for cold climate and temperaturs. iam always dying during the summer :D

i do a 10k morning run 3 times a week during the summer, and if i dont have a long cold shower afterward then ill be dripping sweat until noon. my body is amazing at retaining heat and 10k will turn me into a nuclear reactor unless i have a cool down

Jesus christ, you must be the turboist of manlets.

How do you get good quality sleep?
I have a fitbit and am always restless at night...

I had big problems sleeping for a long time. Try these:

Magnesium before bed calms the muscles
Don't eat within two hours of bed
Exercise in the morning instead of afternoon
Cut back on alcohol
No coffee within 8 hours of bed time
Stretching an hour or two before bed is good too

I slept from 1pm until 8pm and took melatonin to fix my sleep schedule and went back to bed from 12am to 4:40am

Now it's 5am.

What should I do?

Why coffee though?

How is it to be coffee dependant? I tend to be very sleepy as soon as there is only boring shit to do.
I neve drink coffee.
Will making 2-3 coffees throughout the work day help? Or will the effect diminish after a week due to my body getting resistant?

You literally go fo bed at 8pm? Dude lmao.

When does your work start? When do you get back home? When do you cook, clean, do laundry etc? What if you don't only do cardio but have 2 hour gym sessions + 30 min back and forth drive?
Give me your finished daily plan please.

>When do you cook, clean, do laundry etc?

Probably while you are jerking off to animu and playing wow.

>
Thanks for these :
>Magnesium before bed calms the muscles
>Don't eat within two hours of bed
Difficult...
>Exercise in the morning instead of afternoon
>Cut back on alcohol
Done
>No coffee within 8 hours of bed time
So pretty much no coffee...
>Stretching an hour or two before bed is good too
Already do yoga every night before bed.

>tfw wow is finally good again

Anyone know why i feel better if i go to sleep at 10 and wake at 6 than i do if i go to sleep at 11 and wake at 7? The difference in how i feel is remarkable.

Nice projection you fucking faggot.

ayyy

>love coffe, have top coffe machine, grinder, etc
>start taking stimerex-ex, 3 a day
>coffe is now water to me
You get used to it, but 2-3 cups a day is pretty good

Take what? Are you a thief user

>going to sleep at 8:00

youtu.be/6LxyL2vz7b8

>going to bed at 8pm

look more like a granny than a god to me user...

>just a quick evening jog to the convi for a tea and sachet of fruit snacks ma, back in a jig

stay awake no matter what. it will be a hard tired day but you will fall into your bed tonight and this is what gets you back on track

i usually try to go to bed between 9.00 and 10.00 so its about 7-8 hours of sleep. the 9 hours were extra sleep because i didnt get enough the night before.

as a rule of thumb that is even gobert aprooved - if you need your alarm clock to wake up - your body isnt done recovering

also what is nice to know: reading a book about the habits of the greatest minds and almost all have in common to be early risers and going for a walk in the afternoon.

iam not coffee dependant - i just drink a single strong cup in the morning because i love the taste and its the only time i can make sure the caffeine will be out of my system when its time for sleep

I always shower hot but then finish every shower as cold as possible and cool of every part.

I am this obsessed with this routine, I can not get out of the shower without it.

But does it come close to the quality of a thorough cold shower? I think not, but it should be better than just a warm shower.

Morning coffee lunch coffee. If you need coffee in the evening then you have big problems m80. If it's for the taste then get decaffeinated for the evening.

no it doesnt - i shower about once or twice a week with hot water to give me skin a reset and shower cold afterwards. feels completely different.

>a book about the habits of the greatest minds
Name it!

Also, if you like such books you may have already checked out "Surely You're Joking Mr. Feynman". If not, you will surely appreciate the eccentricities of this genius.

I love how caffeine makes you addicted. You can get addicted pretty quickly and It's just so great to quench that thirst for coffee.

It depends from person to person. I can live without coffee and I also won't get in a bad mood just because I did not have coffee. You also lose your addiction after about 3 consecutive days without caffeine.

Caffeine raises blood pressure. If you have low blood pressure a little coffee or tea can raise the pressure so it's just right, you might sleep even better due to this effect. (Even if caffeine blocks the sleep hormone)

Caffeine will prevent you getting tired and in bigger doses will make you pumped. I guess it's one of the best pre workout boosters to get you hyped.
But as a regular coffee drinker I take about 400mg Caffeine before workout. I guess someone who has a very low to no caffeine intake could get overdose symptoms from doses this high.

Check out what scooby has to say about Caffeine on scoobysworkshop.com

>if you need your alarm clock to wake up - your body isnt done recovering
damn my body is never done recovering senpai

I usually sleep 10h without alarm clock. I can't afford that.

amazon.com/Daily-Rituals-How-Artists-Work-ebook/dp/B009Y4I4OM#nav-subnav

reading it for the second time now. its so good.

do those 10 hours for a while. you will notice that the body is done after a while and clocks in around 7-8 hours. some even less.

Cold showers don't actually have any evidence for being beneficial.

>dayshift
>get up at 4:45am
>crawl into shower and go get breakfast
>in the car driving to work by 5:30am
>need 400mg of caffeine in the first hour of the day to not feel completely fucked
>dopey cunt the rest of the day
>finish at 6, gym 6:30-7:30 and in bed by 8:30

>nightshift
>wake up at 1pm feeling like an absolute turbo
>gym fasted from 1:30-4pm
>have a shower & a batt
>go down and enjoy my buffet "breakfast"
>work 5:30pm - 6am with no real struggle
>be asleep by 7am

Why do i feel like i have so much more energy on less sleep and living a nocturnal lifestyle? Does anyone else get drained by sunlight?

maybe you're actually a spooky vampire

Some people are night owls, others need their daytime. Everyone is different in this regard, you might be a night person.
The problem with this is of course that society at large is more of a 9-5 type of construct, so us night owls usually are fucked.

>45 mins of cardio
Shoo shoo mr skeltal

Wtf? The larger you are the better you retain heat. Less surface area to lose heat compared to volume. It's why animals like deer get larger the farther north you go.

i have about 20% bodyfat lardmeister

Whats after lunch?
Afternoon bruh. Afternoon coffee.

>Magnesium before bed calms the muscles

fuck that senpai that shit will give u mad nightmares

take it for breakfast instead

>he doesn't do cardio

Nightmares are like legal drugs.
Goanna try anyway.

Thanks for the pro tip though.

>anybody overdose on 400 mg caffeine

you know jackshit mate

yeah, ZMA really fucks with my dreams

I usually get up at 0430 and do my shit. Once you get used to it it's w/e

once I had this sleep paralysis real fucking bad I woke up in the middle of the night couldnt move and therse was this immense sound in the room that only got worse

finally managed to open my eyes, move my hand and with that wake the rest of the body up

went out for a smoke to calm me down but shit I was paranoid as a motherfucker not even legit acid has made me freak out like that

You do cardio the whole day

why would it be hard? I regularly get up around 4:30am, work all day then go to bed at around 9-10pm no problemo
he'll be fine

I feel you, user.
It really hard for me to adapt to a 'normal' daytime routine.
I function way better by night

>9 hours of sleep
>time to workout after

Enjoy the childless single life, breh. I love being a parent, but I do miss having unfettered personal free time. My fitness and diet scheme could be on another level if I didn't have to make the common compromises that come with living, eating, and sleeping with another person.

I used to do literally this all the time, minus the coffee. I need to get my shit back together. Thanks for the reminder.

This.
I used to wake up at 7am every morning (which will get you ABSOLUTE MADMAN status in my friend group, as most of my mates stay up til 5/6am). Worked out (bodyweight) as soon as I woke up, and then the rest of the day was mine.
I go to a gym now so I prefer to go around midnight because that's when no one is there. Maybe I should just do it first thing in the morning again?
Thanks, OP.

>feel like I'm missing out on the partying and drinking
>im 28
>see pictures of mu aged, weekly partying friends on facebook
>they're now hanging out with people who are 18-21
>realise I'm not really missing out on much given that they're just reliving their youth because they're scared of failing at adult life.

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4049052/

Feel free to go into sources. I am deliberately not saying whether you are right or wrong

Looks like any benefit comes from short term effects which would benefit athletes in competitions. Mainly lower cortisol levels, an anaesthetic effect and increased short term recovery times.

However for training purposes these are indicators measure training response. So using them regularly could decrease the training response by reducing inflammation (which trigger hypertrophy).

This would agree with the current guidance used for British cyclists and tennis players which encourages the use of cold baths and shower during competition and tournaments. But no longer uses them during an athletes training regimen.

same. I'm always hot it seems. nothin worse than gettin out of the shower and sweating immediately

The only thing I hate about waking up early is that it fucks up my meal timing so by the evening I'm starved and irritable.

I'm scared of vampires now

>cold shower
>not ice bath
Not gonna make it pleb

Do what makes you feel good and props on the discipline. Just remember even Alexander the Great got trashed with his brehs once in a while.

>go to bed at 1 am after being on Veeky Forums in bed instead of reading the book ive been meaning to read
>sleep for 9 hours because I had 2 cups of coffee that day instead of 4+
>go on laptop while eating breakfast
>get off chair 4 hours later
>do minor tasks
>go back on laptop
>mom comes home, borrow the car
>drive around feeling sad and go to burger king
>stomach feels too rumbly, decide to go to gym tomorrow
>tell myself I'll start eating healthily and giving up coffee and working hard tomorrow

gotta break the routine, brah

>this pic
>cold shower
>black coffee, no cream, no sugar

*tips*

>using cream and sugar
If you don't like the taste of coffee, don't drink it

This. Sugar and cream is for faggots

6 may be closer to sunrise. Your body is designed to rise and set with the sun.

In fact, the most common non-prescription recommendation for people with severe insomnia is to (assuming it's warm enough to allow it and your work schedule permits it) go camping for one full week with no artificial light sources.
Your body readjusts to the sun and your sleep schedule will fall back in line.

What does the fitbit have to do with sleep?

>Being such a self-loathing beta that you've actually convinced yourself black coffee isn't disgusting.
Have fun choking down your caffeinated dirt in a cup, I'll stick with my double-double there m80

Cream/milk compliments the taste of coffee though.

I drink black everyday and only quoted becaused it's a common fedora meme. Although people who could shower should die.

Sweet things are objectively worse than not sweet things. This cannot be argued.

You are correct. The point is not health, it's discipline. A cold shower early in the morning gets you used to the idea of being uncomfortable.

Cream and sugar compliments the taste of coffee you faggot it doesn't mean people don't like the taste, that's like saying
>using seasonings or sauces on chicken
If you don't like the taste of chicken don't eat it

>2016
>not having a double cream latte with extra froth and choc sprinkles

THAT
FIRST
SIP
OF
THE
DAY

>working hard tomorrow
This is it. This is the trap that gets all of us. "I'll do it tomorrow". Tomorrow we say "tomorrow" again. The "tomorrow" in which we work hard will never come. If you want to change yourself, do it NOW.

Working harder does not mean getting greater rewards or gains.
That yes or no philosophy when it comes to fitness is fun for a while or if you have that certain kind of mindset but for most people it's simply does not work.

Approaching it from a chill perspective works with a lot of people.

well shit... that would explain some things

I'm never really that bothered by my nightmares though

Double doubles are gross

400 calories in an XL double double.

mfw this is my day

>wake up groggy snoozing 3 times at 8:35 am
>take a shit and put in contacts
>go to work
>come home
>eat x3
>take a shower
>sleep at 1:35 am

i can do this

>wake up at 4:30 am
>eat
>go to the gym
>come home
>shower
>eat
>go to work
>come home
>eat
>shower
>sleep

>2 showers in the day, start the day with gym and not tired from work, have a breakfast

mfw i cant change and im addicted to trying to stay awake as long as i can shitposting on Veeky Forums