Any good stories from German resistance against Nazis?

The amount of courage it took for anyone to try to resist blows my mind.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilhelm_Canaris
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dietrich_Bonhoeffer
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilm_Hosenfeld
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maximilian_Kolbe
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johann_Georg_Elser
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edelweiss_Pirates
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Köpenick's_week_of_bloodshed
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Rose
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/20_July_plot
de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anton_Schmaus_(Widerstandskämpfer)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Friedrich_Goerdeler
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judenzählung
books.google.se/books?id=HStYzfvVBr8C&pg=PA15&lpg=PA15&dq=Judenzählung&source=bl&ots=-Iclwhhowz&sig=5GX0m3lAwNpadd_Xme8gu864o14&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjo17XfjqXYAhWqA5oKHaP8AooQ6AEIbDAO#v=onepage&q=Judenzählung&f=false
amazon.com/Hitlers-Jewish-Soldiers-Descent-Military/dp/0700613587
synagogue.org/about-us/professional-leadership/rabbi-david-j-fine-phd/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bryan_Mark_Rigg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

why would you resist the nazis as a german? would you resist if somebody gave you 10 million dollars? because resisting the nazis as a german is like resisting somebody insisting that you accept 10 million dollars as a gift.

>why would you resist the nazis as a german?
Beause they were totalitarian murderers.
Alright, let's say you don't care about that.
Then because they were incompetents who got the country into an almost unwinnable war.

I know this may be a shock to you but some people genuinely believe in principles that don't always reinforce their own self interest.

Yes I've got one. The French police outnumbered Germans in Paris, yet did nothing. Along with the majority of citizens in either France yet people pretend the French Resistance was much of a thing.

>resistance
What the fuck were they resisting?

more like 10 million russians

Instead of being sheep, they follow their principles.

Order, economic strength, the only country that was going to stop communism, a country that did actually prevent communism, jewish people wigging out because they didn't have ties to their nations, etc

>Instead of being sheep, they follow their principles.

How do you know you're not the sheep defying what should be your natural principles?

German hegemony.

Nous was partisans

Does anyone else find the fact that the Nazis decapitated them very awesome? I have no obsession with decapitations, but that is just cool.

>Order,
There's a difference between order and totalitarianism, Germany was the Latter, not the former.
>economic strength,
The Nazi economical Planning didn't work and was set to imploded around early 1940's

>the only country that was going to stop communism,
Poland right? Poland was the won stopping Communism

>a country that did actually prevent communism,
Poland was the bulwark of Europe, not Germany? Germany Align themselves to the Soviets to double team Poland and gave Stalin a reason to expand Communism to the other Eastern European nations.

>jewish people wigging out because they didn't have ties to their nations,
Many Jews, were Loyal to their home nation. Its why so many fought in the Great War, to finally prove to everyone that they were Loyal.

Pre-Nazi Germany was doing a pretty good job of stopping Communism, too. Then the Nazis gave the Communists Eastern Europe.

Canaris.

>There's a difference between order and totalitarianism

No, totalitarianism is what happened in the USSR. Germany was authoritarian. For reference, USSR was totalitarian and Germany was not because Germany did not:
>ban religion
>ban personal expression, although it did limit protesting by law
>ban weapons, Germans could own them
>ban home ownership, nobody in the USSR could own land or property
>ban private property to include tools as they were "means of production"
>ban transportation and communication, formally both were owned by the state but there was no real way to enforce that to it's fullest extent and keep up with standard of living with western countries

>The Nazi economical Planning didn't work and was set to imploded around early 1940's

Sauce? That doesn't sound remotely likely. It didn't implode in the 1940's. What are you basing this on? It sounds like you just pulled something out of your ass. Speere's biography speaks very opposed to your statement.

>Poland right? Poland was the won stopping Communism
>Poland was the bulwark of Europe, not Germany? Germany Align themselves to the Soviets to double team Poland and gave Stalin a reason to expand Communism to the other Eastern European nations.

One* and no they weren't. Poland also annexed part of Lithuania and Czech land, so they weren't even fair neighbors like they're painted to be. Poland only existed in the 20th century to keep Russia and Germany limited and help Britain win the "Great Game".

>Many Jews, were Loyal to their home nation

Not even remotely true. Vast majority had no alliance and the formalization of the "Judea" nation without borders demonstrated that since 1897, during their first congress. Even in Brusilov's autobiography, a fairly neutral party politically, points out that jews had no care for Europe going back to their "effort" in world war 1.

>Economic strength
I don't think I would hold up Nazi economic policy as anything other than an example of irresponsible government which almost brought Germany to its knees by 1938. Hjalmar Schacht, who predated the Nazis, was ultimately removed from office for resisting Nazi economic policy insanity. The annexations of Austria and Czechoslovakia were necessary to shore up the faltering Nazi economy.
>The only country that was going to stop Communism
Poland don't real
>a country that did actually prevent communism
If your enemy kills you, you win?
>jewish people wigging out because they didn't have ties to their nations
Propaganda. Thousands of Jews fought and died for Germany during WW1.

>I don't think I would hold up Nazi economic policy as anything other than an example of irresponsible government which almost brought Germany to its knees by 1938. Hjalmar Schacht, who predated the Nazis, was ultimately removed from office for resisting Nazi economic policy insanity. The annexations of Austria and Czechoslovakia were necessary to shore up the faltering Nazi economy.

Sauce? That doesn't sound remotely likely. It didn't implode in the 1940's. What are you basing this on? It sounds like you just pulled something out of your ass. Speere's biography speaks very opposed to your statement.

>Poland don't real

Poland also annexed part of Lithuania and Czech land, so they weren't even fair neighbors like they're painted to be. Poland only existed in the 20th century to keep Russia and Germany limited and help Britain win the "Great Game".

>Propaganda. Thousands of Jews fought and died for Germany during WW1.

Not even remotely true. Vast majority had no alliance and the formalization of the "Judea" nation without borders demonstrated that since 1897, during their first congress. Even in Brusilov's autobiography, a fairly neutral party politically, points out that jews had no care for Europe going back to their "effort" in world war 1.

If we go by Wikipedia's opening paragraph...

...then Nazi Germany fully qualifies. It didn't try to regulate every aspect of life as much as the Soviets did, but only at the beginning... when the Nazis realized that they were in grave danger of losing the war, they started to ramp up even that.
>Sauce? That doesn't sound remotely likely. It didn't implode in the 1940's.
No, but that was wartime, and the Nazis supplemented their economy by seizing the resources of their neighbors and of internal groups, plus wartime let them sell economic hardship as a necessary part of the path toward victory... and later, just survival. Would a Nazi government that avoided war have given Germany a better economic trajectory than some other possible 30s/40s German governments could have done? I doubt it. The fact that the wartime German economy didn't implode doesn't mean much, since as we know, the war caused Germany as a whole to get imploded from the outside.

>Propaganda. Thousands of Jews fought and died for Germany during WW1.

>100k fought in ww1
>out of about a million
>had to be drafted
POWERFUL

The rest of your post was incoherent, and the part about Schacht's removal is made up. There's way more to that story.

>some people genuinely believe in principles that don't always reinforce their own self interest.
you mean losers?

>when the Nazis realized that they were in grave danger of losing the war, they started to ramp up even that.

How? There's a clear defining line between authoritarianism and the very loose definition of totalitarianism you just pulled off from wiki. I've already demonstrated that this part:
>"strives to regulate every aspect of public and private life wherever feasible"

Is inherent to the Soviet system and not the NSDAP one.

I'm not sure what your argument was behind saying the economy would've imploded. You didn't actually suggest one mechanic that might cause it and instead mention war time production, which actually did have a negative effect on the civil economy.

Cont.
>One* and no they weren't. Poland also annexed part of Lithuania and Czech land, so they weren't even fair neighbors like they're painted to be. Poland only existed in the 20th century to keep Russia and Germany limited and help Britain win the "Great Game".
Sure, Poland weren't innocents. But the thing is, the diplomatic system made up of Poland and some small nations, the recovering Weimar Germany, and the bulwark of the British/French backstop (and also to some extent the US)... was doing an effective job of containing Communism in the 20s and early 30s. The Nazis broke the whole system apart. There was no need. The system was working. A liberal Germany would have done a better job of fending off the Soviets than the Nazis did, because a liberal Germany would have been able to work within the overall European diplomatic framework.
>Not even remotely true. Vast majority had no alliance and the formalization of the "Judea" nation without borders demonstrated that since 1897, during their first congress. Even in Brusilov's autobiography, a fairly neutral party politically, points out that jews had no care for Europe going back to their "effort" in world war 1.
The Jewish effort on the German side in WWI was substantial. Tens of thousands of soldiers, out of a total Jewish population of less than a million, I'm pretty sure. Also, people like Fritz Haber and many other scientists and industrialists. Jews were significant in Germany's weapons industry at the time.

Keep in mind that, if you were a member of the groups that Nazis viewed as undesirable, then the state indeed did try to regulate every aspect of your public and private life. And as soon as the Nazis began to be seriously paranoid about broad German public support for them, toward the end of the war, they started to treat average Germans the same way.

As for the economy, I don't know if it would truly have imploded, but I don't think that cutting yourself off from the world credit system, effectively restricting your economic ties instead to a bunch of small underdeveloped Eastern European countries and Italy, attempting to build a sort of autarky without the necessary resource base, driving away many of your most talented people through political persecution, and disrupting existing functional economic subsystems by kicking out the people who knew what they were doing and replacing them with Nazi loyalists... is a recipe for economic success.

>"Jews were significant in Germany's weapons industry at the time."
>Hands rubbing*

>The system was working

You mean the system was working for Poland, so they could bully the smaller countries in Europe, and for Britain, who could bully bigger countries in Europe.

>A liberal Germany would have done a better job of fending off the Soviets than the Nazis did

Lookup Weimar German culture. Now read about German communist revolutions. Then get back to us.

>Tens of thousands of soldiers, out of a total Jewish population of less than a million, I'm pretty sure

I gave you the real numbers and they're proportionately optimistic and even better than you suggested. 100k max, with just over a million(at the time, Germany ruled over parts of what later became Poland, which had many yidds). They had to be drafted anyways, and that number is still pretty low compared to the total number of Germans employed in the military, so that's probably the worst case you could've made.

>Keep in mind that, if you were a member of the groups that Nazis viewed as undesirable

If I were a nazi and I viewed myself as undesirable, I'd eat a bullet or volunteer for the front.

>And as soon as the Nazis began to be seriously paranoid about broad German public support for them, toward the end of the war, they started to treat average Germans the same way.

How exactly is that again?

>but I don't think that cutting yourself off from the world credit system
Holy shit this is a level of indoctrination I didn't know was possible. Maybe this sounds rude. The credit system abolishing is what allowed Germany to control it's own economy. Mosley had a lot to say about world financial government. We've nuked Libya and Iraq for not obeying it. The one thing I'm sure about in this world is that world financial control is not a good thing, and shilling for it doesn't do you any favors personally or through historical argument.

>You mean the system was working for Poland, so they could bully the smaller countries in Europe, and for Britain, who could bully bigger countries in Europe.
It wasn't perfect, but it's not like the Nazis replaced it with a better system.
--Goebbels

>Lookup Weimar German culture.
What about it? Weimar Germany was doing fine fending off Communists. If you disagree, give specifics.
>Now read about German communist revolutions.
There was one, it was in 1919, and it was crushed in less than a month. The Communists were never a real threat again. In Weimar Germany, unlike in 1917 Russia, a big chunk of the military wasn't about to support Communism.
>I gave you the real numbers and they're proportionately optimistic and even better than you suggested. 100k max, with just over a million(at the time, Germany ruled over parts of what later became Poland, which had many yidds). They had to be drafted anyways, and that number is still pretty low compared to the total number of Germans employed in the military, so that's probably the worst case you could've made.
You seem to be supporting my argument. As for "they had to be drafted", most people of all groups had to be drafted. From what I understand, out of 11 million Germans who served in WW1, only about 0.5 million were volunteers.

>If I were a nazi and I viewed myself as undesirable, I'd eat a bullet or volunteer for the front.
I'm not sure what you're trying to say here.
>How exactly is that again?
Read about the last few months of the war. Average Germans were shot in summary executions for almost any reason, kids were conscripted, and so on. And this when any non-idiot knew that the war was lost.

>Holy shit this is a level of indoctrination I didn't know was possible. Maybe this sounds rude. The credit system abolishing is what allowed Germany to control it's own economy. Mosley had a lot to say about world financial government. We've nuked Libya and Iraq for not obeying it. The one thing I'm sure about in this world is that world financial control is not a good thing, and shilling for it doesn't do you any favors personally or through historical argument.
Interesting... I didn't know that being unable to borrow money is a good thing. I would have thought it better to, you know, be able to borrow if you want to, not borrow when you don't want to, and so on. You don't actually lose anything by having the world credit system available to you, as long as you use the access intelligently.

a genocidal police state you bootlicking fascist

You forgot to add that the million dollars should come from a robbery. Some people might have issues with killing innocent people for money and some people don't like being chased by police.

Some of the most known that come to my mind:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilhelm_Canaris
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dietrich_Bonhoeffer
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilm_Hosenfeld
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maximilian_Kolbe
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johann_Georg_Elser
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edelweiss_Pirates
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Köpenick's_week_of_bloodshed
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Rose
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/20_July_plot
Also worth to read about if you find something in English, unfortunately only a German Wikipedia article:
de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anton_Schmaus_(Widerstandskämpfer)

Basic moral decency and caring for your fellow man.

not an argument

Yeah, except when they throw your relative into a concentration camp for his leftist sympathies, when your kid gets indoctrinated with holding party loyalty over loyalty to his parents, when you have to live on rations, when you get forcibly shipped west to work on the Siegfried line, when you have to be paranoid around your neighbours because they might just report you to the gestapo, when the government gets you into another world war, etc..

>Lookup Weimar German culture. Now read about German communist revolutions. Then get back to us.
You mean that time when the social democratic government authorised the use of Freikorps to crush the commies?

Are you so selfish that you only think of yourself and not your fellow community

not him, but thinking of your community is a spook

Nazism didn't turn out very well for my community

Canaris and 20th July Plotters were as bad as Hitler though.
20th July Plotters infact consisted of mass murderers and war criminals who were afraid Germany will lose the war due to Hitler

Well they weren't wrong.

Daily reminder that the KAPD response to Nazism was to burn the Reichstag.

USSR didn't ban religion. You don't know what you're talking about. This is the kind of simplification I really hate. USSR of course wanted to transform their country into an atheist state but they never outright ban religion. It wouldn't be possible because way too many people were religious.
Nazi Germany banned Zentrum (a Catholic party) and wanted to control all religious groups.
>ban transportation and communication
I'm curious what did you mean by this.

>Poland also annexed part of Lithuania and Czech land
There was no such thing as Czech lands and Lithuanian lands after WW1. It was a fair game for everyone involved after the fall of Russian Empire and Austria-Hungary. The majority of Vilnius population were Poles. It's also really annoying how you ignore facts that doesn't fit your anti-Polish and pro-German narrative. Such as this:

>Shortly after its defeat in the battle of Warsaw, the retreating Red Army, in order to delay the Polish advance, ceded the city to Lithuania after signing the Soviet–Lithuanian Peace Treaty on 12 July 1920
Lithuanians had the city only because the Soviets ceded it to them.
>Poland also annexed part of Lithuania and Czech land
We all know about Sudetenland, but Germans also forced Lithuanians to cede to them Klaipeda.
>German Foreign Minister Joachim von Ribbentrop delivered an ultimatum to the Lithuanian Foreign Minister on 20 March 1939, demanding the surrender of Klaipėda. Lithuania, unable to secure international support for its cause, submitted to the ultimatum and, in exchange for the right to use the new harbour facilities as a Free Port, ceded the disputed region to Germany in the late evening of 22 March 1939.
>The region subsequently accounted for up to 30% of the Lithuania's entire production. Between 70% and 80% of foreign trade passed through Klaipėda. The region, which represented only about 5% of Lithuania's territory, contained a third of its industry.

KPD wasn't responsible for burning the Reichstag. This is Nazi propaganda.

It's precisely because they thought of their community that they resisted. I don't know what's so difficult for understand. The nazi regime wasn't good for anyone.

Most Germans didn't know what was going as we do know.

I remember reading about this village is west Germany that majority despised Hitler, but in the middle of town was this big brick building with a thick fence. It was right next to a butcher and a newspaper printer. The people didn't think much of it and went about their day. A few trucks would leave and come, so they thought it was depot of some kind. Well when the allies marched through, turns out there were piles of dead people in it, and not one citizen knew anything of it.

Sounds kinda questionable

I am looking for source now, I think it was in the documentary about Hitlers sister
Sorry for grammar, English is not native to me and am illiterate in native

>Holy shit this is a level of indoctrination I didn't know was possible.
Said a brainwashed stormfag.
>Lookup Weimar German culture. Now read about German communist revolutions. Then get back to us.
Funny how you act like an expert while knowing very little about the period.

Browning, C. Police Battalion 101.

Many people in the resistance were Communists. Communists are totalitarian murderers. By your logic they should have resisted the resistance. But they didn't. Therefore we must conclude that they did not resist because the Nazis were totalitarian murderers, but for some other reason.

>Canaris
Absolute bullshit, Canaris personally saved lives.
>20th July Plotters infact consisted of mass murderers and war criminals who were afraid Germany will lose the war due to Hitler
Source

Tresckow,Nebe,Ewald Loeser were all involved in war crimes and genocide.Loeser was convicted of war crimes by Allies after the war.
Stauffenberg was die hard racist who hated Poles and wanted to turn Polish people into German slaves "treated with a whip"

Yes, good goy. Be a traitor to your country and make an already bad situation even worse.

Some of the most prominent opposition to the nazis were literal clergymen

Not an argument

German clergy was made up of racists who supported genocide of Catholic Poles

The only of those who was involved in genocide was Nebe, the others weren't.
Tresckow was involved in the abduction of Ukrainian and Polish children, and Loeser was member of a company that used forced labour. Save for Nebe, who only played a minor role in the 20th July plot, this is hardly "as bad as Hitler".
[citation needed]

Tresckow was involved in the abduction of Ukrainian and Polish children
Which was classified as genocide by postwar trials, he also executed civilians on Ost Front

Substantial archival evidence indicates that during his tenure as commander of the 17th Army and military governor of France, Stülpnagel was involved in war crimes. In the Soviet Union, Stülpnagel signed many orders authorizing reprisals against civilians for partisan attacks and closely collaborated with the Einsatzgruppen in their mass executions of Jews. He admonished his soldiers not for the murder of civilian population but for chaotic means in which it was undertaken, particularly early premature taking of hostages and random measures. He ordered his troops to focus on Jews and Communist civilians, remarking that Communists were Jews that needed capture anyway; in order to improve relations with Ukrainians, even in cases of Ukrainian sabotage, local Jews were pointed out for punishment.[3]

20 July plot Edit
On the day in question, 20 July 1944, Stülpnagel put his part of the plot into operation. This mainly involved having Hans Otfried von Linstow, who was only informed of the plot on that same day, round up all SS and Gestapo officers in Paris and imprison them. However, when it became apparent that the assassination attempt in East Prussia had failed, Stülpnagel was unable to convince Field Marshal Günther von Kluge to support the uprising and was forced to release his prisoners. When Stülpnagel was recalled from Paris, he stopped at Verdun and tried to kill himself by shooting himself in the head[1] with a pistol on the banks of the Meuse River. He only succeeded in blinding himself.[4]

In March of the same year, he was named Police President of Potsdam, and from July 1935, he took on the same function in Berlin, a post in which he remained for the last decade of his life. Helldorff, an inveterate gambler, was notorious for arresting wealthy Jews, seizing their passports and then extorting huge bribes from them to secure their release and exit from Germany.

He was closely allied with Dr. Joseph Goebbels, Gauleiter of Berlin and Minister for Propaganda and Public Enlightenment. As chief of the Berlin Police, Helldorff played an instrumental role in the harassment and plundering of Berlin's Jewish population in the early and mid-1930s. Joseph Goebbels mentioned in his diary on 2 July 1938, that "...Helldorff wants to construct a Jewish ghetto in Berlin. The rich Jews will be required to fund its construction." Helldorff was the organizational brains behind the arson and looting of Berlin's synagogues and Jewish businesses in the Kristallnacht pogroms of November 1938.[2][3][4] On 8 November 1938, the day Kristallnacht began, he was quoted in the New York Times saying, "as a result of a police activity in the last few weeks the entire Jewish population of Berlin had been disarmed".[5]

20 July Plot

It is asserted that Helldorff was in some form of communication with the military opposition to Hitler as early as 1938.[6] This is especially the case in Hans Gisevius' book "To the Bitter End", in which Helldorff plays an important role in Gisevius' circle of conspirators and anti-Nazis.

On 20 July 1944, he was in communication with the coup d'état plotters. His planned role in the plot was to keep his police from interfering with the military takeover, then to aid the new government.[7]

Tresckow, Stauffenberg and Loeser weren't involved in killings, but apparently you're right about the others. The main members of the plot weren't war criminals, though, and they needed all the help they could get. People like Goerdeler, Beck, Oster, von Witzleben, Olbricht and von Haeften did not participate in war crimes and in fact saved persecuted people to escape the Nazis.

Both Tresckow and Loeser are responsible for deaths of thousands of civilians.

>People like Goerdeler
rabid antisemite and racist, who stated Poles are insects and Poland needs to be destroyed.
Typical German Resistence "hero"

I mean, was he wrong?

>economic strength
>invading your neighbours, using the population as slave labour and stealing everything in sight

Do this is the power of National Socialism...

A perceptive German in the 30s/40s who really cared deeply about his community would have realized that the Nazis were about to get/had already gotten the nation into deep shit.
Unfortunately, once the war started (which was their own doing) the Nazis had a ready-made excuse for political suppression. "If you go against us, you're endangering Germany in this time of danger..." And to some extent, this was probably true. Germans were in a real shitstorm in 44/45. If you try to hurt the regime, you're probably handing over more territory to Soviet occupation. On the other hand, the regime are murderous fanatics and they are what got you into this shitstorm to begin with.

>Not even remotely true.
Jews served in the German army in WW1 at a higher rate than Germans.

citation

Also, sorry if this hurts your feefees, but German restistance members normally cared about Germany first and not so much about Poland...

Judea-Bolshevik lies

>but German restistance members normally cared about Germany first and not so much about Poland...
>Germans exterminate Polish children and women
>German resistance:we need to think how to preserve German rule over Europe
hmmm, tell me again how they were different from Hitler again?
Do remember that the icon of resistence, Stauffenberg was proposing to colonize Poland and turn Poles into slaves

Dumb stormfag

>I mean, was he wrong?
obviously modern Germans consider atrocities against other nations fine since such creatures as Stauffenberg or Tresckow are presented as heroes

>a million
>half are women
>1 in 5 of the entire male population, not factoring in significant numbers are too old or young to fight

No, you're right. Thats nothing.

Most people I've encountered who think as the guy you replied to thinks probably don't even know what the SPD is and what role they played in early 20th century Germany. In their minds, socialists = communists, and they think there was some sort of mass communist threat in Weimar Germany. They don't realize how quickly and easily the 1919 revolution was put down, that it was put down by social democrats and centrists all working together with Freikorps, or that there was such a thing as the Kapp Putsch. They don't understand that unlike in 1917 Russia, in Weimar Germany there was little possibility that any significant portions of the military would join a Communist revolution. Many of them probably even believe in the stab-in-the-back theory of WWI, even though anyone who is even moderately well acquainted with the military/political/economic history of WWI realizes that Communists had almost nothing to do with Germany's loss, the social democrats supported the war effort, and the Germans were fucked on every level by 1918.

>>German resistance:we need to think how to preserve German rule over Europe
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Friedrich_Goerdeler
This was the planned chancellor of Germany if the plot succeeded. Read the article before you talk shit about him. If you only cherrypick those resistance members who only wanted to avoid defeat and were ok with Nazism besides that you're closing you're generalizing those people with genuine heroes.

This isn't even accounting for the fact that the number of German Jews was closer to half a million than a million. It was about 600k. I hate how antisemites spit on the memory of people who fought and died for Germany.

>what the SPD is and what role they played in early 20th century Germany.
SPD supported ethnic cleansing of Poles, submarine warfare, annexation of Polish territories.

>Read the article before you talk shit about him
Yes he is the guy who stated Poland needs to be destroyed and Poles are insects

Where's the source though?

To be fair, while I have no doubt that many German Jews served, I question the 100,000 figure. It seems too high given the size of the German Jewish community at that time.

>Read the article before you talk shit about him
>By 1934 he clashed with Hitler over his foreign policy, as Nazi Germany signed a non-aggression treaty with Poland, to which Goerdeler was opposed, demanding annexation of Polish territories. He wrote to Hitler that continued Polish possession of territories in Gdansk Pomerania and Greater Poland was "thorn in country's economic flesh and honour", and that "the German people must fight for security of their existence".[17]

KEK, and this the best you have for German "hero"
Fucking nationalist piece of shit like Nazis

>the German military was run by Judeo-Boksheviks in the First World War

Truly their tentacles spread everywhere!

And the average stormtard just sees the word "social" in the name and the fact the the Nazis disliked them and thinks they were a bunch of full-fledged Judeo-Bolsheviks going around dragging Aryan maidens into brothels and starting a Communist revolution every other month.

>Oh no why does a German politician want a powerful Germany with areas of German minorities?
Still no source proving your previous claim btw

>I question the 100,000 figure.

The Imperial German government (who were trying to pin blame on Jews for how poorly the war was going) themselves did the study.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judenzählung

>n December 1942, the "Freiburg Circle" who were continuing their work helping Goerdeler develop a constitution submitted the "Great Memorandum" to Goerdeler for the proposed post-Nazi German government, which also included "Proposals for a Solution of the Jewish Question in Germany".[131] The "Proposals" rejected Nazi racial theories, but stated that after the overthrow of the Nazis, German Jews would not have their German citizenship restored, would be restricted to living in ghettos, and would be allowed only minimal contact with German Christians, and called for continuing the Nazi ban on marriage and sex between Jews and German Christians.[132]

>In June 1919, Goerdeler submitted a memorandum to his superior, General Otto von Below, calling for the destruction of Poland as the only way of preventing territorial losses on Germany's eastern border

But what is the source of the 100,000 figure? Is it in the Judenzählung itself? I tried to find a copy of the results, but haven't found one far.

>Polish state annexes German territory
>Why do German politicians want the territory back?

>Germany invades Polish territory with 90% of Poles and 5% Germans
>it is now German
German autism in action

Ahh, yes. Of course conquering territories is an inherently German thing.

>ban religion
It wasn't banned. It was under pressure indeed.
>ban weapons, Germans could own them
Bullshit, hunting weapons were widespread - mostly smooth-bore, but rifles as well.
For example, I keep my grandad's 28 gauge Mosin-based shotgun.
>ban private property to include tools as they were "means of production"
There was such form as private property as cooperatives. Cooperatives were legal until Khrushev's era.

Closest free source I can find is this
books.google.se/books?id=HStYzfvVBr8C&pg=PA15&lpg=PA15&dq=Judenzählung&source=bl&ots=-Iclwhhowz&sig=5GX0m3lAwNpadd_Xme8gu864o14&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjo17XfjqXYAhWqA5oKHaP8AooQ6AEIbDAO#v=onepage&q=Judenzählung&f=false

Which references a Jewish community estimate for the 100k figure and Otto Armin as an anti-semitic author of a 62.5k figure.

The wikipedia article itself cites this book
amazon.com/Hitlers-Jewish-Soldiers-Descent-Military/dp/0700613587

I like how we went from German resistance were heroic to German resistance were planning to ethnically cleanse and enslave other nations but it was ok because they are Germans.
Ironically this shows all you need to know about what the German resistance was about.
Just the usual German warmongering and attempt to conquer others

We just established this wasn't the case. Why would you lie about it? And they were conscripted almost universally. There were almost no enlistee's.

Yes religion was banned. Distributing holy books or holding services was a punishable offense by law up until ww2. Hunting rifles were supposed to be licensed and there was a penalty for not doing so. The army was unionized since Prikaz no.1 and they sought to centralize their tools since the end of ww1(Brusilov). Cooperatives were not private property and designed to be a less political instrument than a soviet ran operation but thus less empowered.

Yes this seems incredibly suspect. All of my sources for the 100k jews in the military figure were from jewish sources. I may have overrated them.

I'd rather less bias in authorship, if these sources are who I found. The first:

synagogue.org/about-us/professional-leadership/rabbi-david-j-fine-phd/

And the second:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bryan_Mark_Rigg

>Reared as a Baptist Christian, he discovered he was of Jewish descent in 1992 and embraced his Jewish heritage. He is now an ethical humanist. He served as a volunteer in the Israeli Army

So the only ones who are proving that there were a relatively significant number of jews are jews, and it seems to have started that way. I'm still confused though, if the document was classified and released, why would the jewish nation in Germany fear release of the contents? The wiki article implies that those were fudged numbers but there's no evidence of it either way.

>implying that's a bad thing