Read sticky, read Veeky Forums, working out sounds great

>Read sticky, read Veeky Forums, working out sounds great
>Start to work out, enjoy it

>dad is fit
>worked construction for 30+ years
>had 4 knee operations and is bone on bone
>tell him iv started working out
>tells me I should stop entirely, or at the very least stop doing cardio to save my knees
>tells me it's not worth all the pain later in life

what do Veeky Forums?

Have proper gear and form, don't overtrain, and you're fine.

Construction work is a lot different from working out in a gym for 1-2 hours a few times a week.

Buy some knee pads

I bought my EX knee pads for her to wear while she sucks my dick, she wasn't to happy about that, but she loved them for cleaning/gardening.

By the time you'll get those problems, medical science will have progressed to a point where they can be easily fixed.

Balding men have been saying that since I can remember.

>Have proper gear
You mean like gloves?
What gear do you need to lift?

I figured as much, but I still.

My dad was putting off knee replacement in favor of cortisone shots because of this line of thinking. Nothing has really changed.

Don't do high impact cardio, and don't rest on your knees while you suck you leather masters off every night, you dick goblet

I have scoliosis.
My upper right back hurts like a motherfucker all the time.
How do I stop this? I'm just 21

>working construction for 30+ years, 8 hours a day, 5 days per week
>vs
>going to the gym 2h per session, 3 times a week

hmmm

not to mention diet plays a large part in bone and joint health

Shoes mostly. Gloves aren't needed.

VERY true. I heard of a woman who drank a bunch of soda every week since she was a kid and when she got into her 40s and 50s her bones were just disintegrating.

Elliptical is the bees knees. No joint wear and you get your cardio. I honestly don't get people that choose treadmills

> running hurts your knees

NOT THIS FUCKING MEME AGIAN

It's only bad for your joints if you're an overweight fucking elephant.

I was having knee issues, and after running + strength training, my knee feels better than ever.

how about your dad worked construction for 30+ years, which is VASTLY different from lifting
manual labor will absolutely destroy your body, lifting won't

>stop doing cardio to save my knees
he means 'stop running like a retard and get on a bike'

This. Want to avoid knee problems? Don't work construction your whole life. Every construction worker I've met over 50 has blown knees.

You had best unfuck yourself

How about you eat a good diet that is higher in good fats and oils that will prevent the erosion of cartilage rather than the shit McDonald's diet your father is on.

Elliptical or cycling OP

manual labor is long, painful and tiring

lifting is short, controlled and intense (not tiring at all)

if you fuck up your body while lifting it's because you did shitty meme routines with 50 sets per muscle group

in fact, i fucking wrecked my shoulder when i worked painting walls while lifting and that shit doesn't even need strength but doing it every day for so many months it kills you

RUN ON YOUR TOES
U
N

O
N

Y
O
U
R

T
O
E
S

See a doctor.

If you want to make your dad happy, you could take up swimming or use the elliptical for cardio. It's really up to you whether you care what your dad thinks.