What does Veeky Forums think about microwaveable meals?

Are they a no no?

Other urls found in this thread:

heart.org/HEARTORG/HealthyLiving/HealthyEating/Nutrition/Saturated-Fats_UCM_301110_Article.jsp#.V-A4JFNriUk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

There's nothing inherently wrong with microwave meals. Look at the ingredients and make a judgment call, it's not somehow the devil because it's in a plastic wrapper.

I eat microwave meals 4x a day, coupled with intermittent fasting and ultra zero and I'm jacked

Always, always, always czech the sodium count. Also make sure they aren't trying to downplay it by labeling it per serving and having the whole meal be "2 servings"

The Monterey Chicken has too much sugar for my liking, but the Oven Roasted Chicken seems to be alright (5g/400kcal).
I did not know these existed. $3.75 is not a bad deal either.

Yea they taste really good actually and the ingredients dont look too bad either

ignore this clear moron

avoid processed food like the devil if you know what's good for you

Too much sugar and sodium

And saturated fat

Good luck fitting all 46 of those carbs into your macros.

>ultra zero

I dont need to count nigga hahaha

Nothing wrong with saturated fat.

>no body pic

Of course there is. Are you new to nutrition?

heart.org/HEARTORG/HealthyLiving/HealthyEating/Nutrition/Saturated-Fats_UCM_301110_Article.jsp#.V-A4JFNriUk

there are a handful that are ok, but like other anons say you need to read the nutrition facts closely.
I like the Atkins frozen meals occasionally because several of them are extremely low carb, however the others have a decent load of carbs thanks to dietary fiber

400 calories for 26g protein isnt worth it

Implying i dont want a surplus

Try not to eat processed food with plastic wrapping, and NEVER eat food microwaved in plastic due to BPA that goes into the food. Gives you loads of health problems and estrogen and shit. And no, this isn't some bullshit diet fad like strawberries giving you cancer, this is real, research it instead of asking Veeky Forums

But how else will I turn into a trap?

>thinking sodium is bad

do you sweat alot? aka DYEL? if yes you should be taking more sodium

at least 4g a day

yea i do cardio like a real man unlike the majority of fit

Can anyone find me any frozen meals that are low in sodium ?

Seems like every fucking brand is at least 500 mg, often more

none

they literally have to be high in sodium

flash-frozen vegetables

otherwise you're shit outta luck, salt is what preserves the food.

i feel like theres a still a huge opportunity for a cheap microwaveable meal thats fully accepted in the fit community as a healthy and nutritious option

theres literally nothing wrong with salt

yes you will gain water weight for a bit but your body will adjust and it will got back down

let me guess, you don't vaccinate your kids or eat more than three eggs a week

Work in QA for a food production plant. If you brehs knew what goes in your pizza pockets.

these arnt pizza pockets tho

everything in moderation brah
i like salt too but prepackaged food has way more than is necessary for good flavour

I know. Microwave dinners are most likely made in processing plants anyway. I'm just saying

I eat these erryday.

are you a big guy?

Not for her..... :(

im sorry anoniel, maybe one day you'll "make it"

>He thinks fiber counts as carbs

There are tons of those you retard. You just won't find them in a grocery store.

they're generally just shit, you're getting tiny scraps of low-grade meat for way too much money per meal

Nothing wrong with them except sometimes cheaper because shittier contents.

If anyone says you lose more nutrients that was debunked and it actually turns out cooking food breaks down more nutrients

if you dont mind paying way too much money for shit-tier food

I want to like those but GODDAMN ARE THEY EXPENSIVE.

FOUR BUCKS AND SOME CHANGE.

I get these when they are on sale, they are pretty good honestly. I always add a bunch of hot sauce to them though

I haven't used a microwave in 5 yrs.

What does that mean?

Absolutely nothing wrong. Pic related, my steak and potato dinner

>mfw all these delicious macros

Those are actually pretty good. Lived on them for a while because of a shitty household.

High sodium. Depending on the rest of your diet that isn't necessarily an issue but worth considering.

Lacking in flavor.

More expensive than cooking for yourself.

Probably okay to keep one or two in the freezer for emergency "I literally don't have time to cook FUCK" times and even then supplement the vegetables.