Why do people take steroids? Is it insecurity?

Why do people take steroids? Is it insecurity?

Other urls found in this thread:

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1071916408011147
rottentomatoes.com/m/bigger_stronger_faster_asterisk
ted.com/talks/andrew_solomon_depression_the_secret_we_share
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Pretty much.

Unless you are a pro athlete or an actor for a role there is no reason to go on gear.

5 reasons

>lifting long time natty(5 years+), progress no longer exists. Lose motivation. Juice to keep yourself doing your passion.

>want gains faster

>insecure about body, even if jacked

>genetic potential to be succesful in competitive sports

>genetic potential to succed in bodybuilding

It feels awesome......and you make progress incredibly quickly

>why do people want to be better at a thing they do I really just cannot understand

mirin that level of satisfaction with mediocrity. If you never play you can't lose right? What a life.

Aside from sports all of them are insecurity.

Make gains faster (for what purpose, are you insecure and think you need to be swole to be happy)

>Lifting long time (Why is it not good enough, why do you need to be bigger)

>why do you need to be bigger

never gonna make it

>why do people give themselves 10x the normal levels of testosterone
>why do people want muscle gains faster
>why do mutants want to leave humanity behind
cmon op questioning this is some nu male beta shit

yeah, being angry 100% of the time, having acne and gyno and killing your heart faster than anything must feel grrrrrrrreat

Already made it, i know i dont need to be on gear to get pussy or a good career.

I made it clear that option 1's passion is lifting. He doesnt lift for a body, he lifts for progress. Think powerlifting. He then roids when progress slows.

All of those are easily avoidable sides.

If it power lifting it is using gear for sport, if its a random guy they are just insecure about their size and numbers so think they need to go on gear.

sure bud, keep telling yourself that

Tamoxifen for gyno. Accutane for acne. Sex for anger. What else do I need user?

>lifting for pussy
never gonna make it

is this what true autism looks like?
these are the people giving Veeky Forumsness advice

Oh, and cardio for heart.

lrn2read, dont need to lift to get pussy. There is no reason to roid unless you are insecure or a competing athlete.

I lift to stay in shape and have fun, i dont see any need to inject gear or compare myself to others.

There's probably more to it than just 'insecurities'. But the reason I'm about to begin my first cycle is definitely rooted in deep insecurities about myself.

wew laddddd

This is why you will never be the best at what you do

>I lift to stay in shape and have fun

well if the only goals in the gym are the ones you share with the sluts in yoga class then of course gear isn't for you. If you had more conventional goals like

1. Get bigger
2. Get stronger
3. Get better at (athletic activity)
4. Get leaner

then it would be a different story. It's pretty silly to pretend that other people are insecure just because you're a basic bitch though

> if its a random guy they are just insecure about their size and numbers so think they need to go on gear.

but isnt pretty much everyone who is into lifting weights insecure about their body? people clearly dont do it for fitness, they do it because they want to look big and muscular.

Not everyone is statisfied with being average.

Why do people build their own pc's and not just go with local supermarket shit tier prebuilds ?

>cardio for heart

>being this delusional

Lifting is not my life kek.

Pretty sure i dont need steroids to finish medical school.

Its all about Height, Face and Frame.

Because building your own is cheaper and better. False equivalency, though, taking steroids is expensive and detrimental to your overall health according to all the information available to us.
>inb4 "no it's not that's just a jew by the big bad gunmint"
Challenging the status quo requires sufficient evidence, give it to me doc

Ah it's another /r9k/ robot trying to make himself feel better kind of story
Kill yourself

>ts all about Height, Face and Frame.

Veeky Forums is only reason i started to become insecure about my height. before i came here, i never considered myself small.

I still lift heavy weights, hit a 6plate DL a couple months back.

But i lift and run to stay fit, and because i find it fun. I have no need to go on gear.

keep telling yourself that to make yourself feel better
deep down you know you want to juice and you're too much of a pussy kek

Just memeing you senpai, dont get angry.

I just dont see the need to roid, you can make more than enough gains natty and there is no reason to be xbox huge it wont help you in life in any way, and the time spent lifting weights and being an autist can be spent on actually beneficial things.

Its ok no one actually notices aside from lanklets.

>taking steroids is expensive
False
>detrimental to your overall health according to all the information available to us
False

i would go on juice but im afraid of needles

That's fine, but it doesn't follow from that that anyone else is insecure. For the majority of people gear is just a better way to do what they're in the gym to do. If you're trying to do one of those 4 things and you're not maximum poorfag you're just mismanaging your time.

more like you need to juice because you feel so insecure in yourself that even with an excellent natty body you feel the need to prove yourself and that you're not good enough, and that you'll never be good enough.

>on actually beneficial things
I keep forgetting what makes you happy and what's benefit your life aren't subjective...

prove it faggot, for the reasons I already posted but you ignored because you're not quite smart enough to understand it

*if you're not on gear

Bc you only live once so why not? It's safe when done correctly. Has very appealing risk/reward factor. No one i care about would give a shit if i tried it.

>current year
>caring what other people do along their life journey when it has literally no affect on you.

>Its ok no one actually notices aside from lanklets.

thanks. im pretty much average height but all this shit about manlets makes me worry sometimes lol.

>take medications for roid side effects
>get side effects from new medications

welcome to your life faggot

Building a computer is a show of skill and natural, taking steroids is fucking with your own health and unnatural.

Will roiding fix the problem?

>thinks he is smart
>makes one logical fallacy after the other

Show me the bodies. Why do people not drop dead all over the world from hormone therapy?

I hate my own body and self. I don't think roiding will magical fix everything but I do think it will improve the situation.

all of those 4 things you listed still have limits, even with roids. you're just stretching those limits. eventually you'll have to roid so much to progress that it gets more and more hazardous for your health

How does it
>fuck with your health
?

In ways that are actually dangerous?
Because side effects of high testosterone arent dangerous, just an annoyance. And they are completely managaeable.

The majority of people on gear are retards who dont know how to lift so they just hop on in the hope of getting swole. There are so many 16-20 years olds that hop on cycles thinking they can look like their favorite fitness model or zyzz.

For the average person what does it do? the side effects potentially shorten your life span, so that you can lift more weight and carry more muscle.

In what situation would that benefit your life? It wont help your career, it wont help you make money, wont help get girls, wont make you live longer or be healthier.

If your only desire is to be huge and shredded and thats it then fair enough, but its rather pointless.

If you only live once wouldn't your life be better spent working towards acceptance of yourself and your natural abilities? What a shallow, hedonistic argument. It also does have affects on the rest of the world - when you choose to take a shortcut for 'gains' you are just contributing to the destruction of morals and building the huge market for body image problems in men. There is no such thing as a victimless crime.

I love it when a whore moans.

Do you think you will stop hating yourself because you have a good body?

Why arent these people dead?

>Ronnie coleman
>Arnie
>Literally every title holding mr olympia within the last 20 years

Serious question what reason is there to roid?

You can be strong lean and healthy natty.

>For the average person what does it do?
>you can lift more weight and carry more muscle
You answered your own question.

>In what situation would that benefit your life?
If you want to:
>lift more weight and carry more muscle

>If your only desire is to be huge and shredded and thats it then fair enough, but its rather pointless.
And we are right back with this regurgitated crap. Life is what you make it. Everything is pointless. Get off your high horse.

>you can be strong lean and healthy natty

Because I don't like the natty look and I don't give a fuck about health

>why do people who use certain drugs for actual disorders with responsible and well-researched dosage and delivery not die all the time?????
fucking idiot. also, equating bad for you with dropping dead is retarded. Anabolics have been shown to do damage to blood vessels and heart tissue. See sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1071916408011147 , correlating use of AAS with cardiomyopathy in bodybuilders. btfo faggot

Lifting more weight and carrying more muscle will not make your life better.

>everything is pointless
Edgy

No. But I think it will improve my situation in that I will be statisfied with my body.

Something i have noticed with steroid users, most of them do cocaine too.

Wonder why.

Does that ever happen though? All the people I've seen who roid just keep wanting to get bigger and bigger and their body image issues just manifest into a huge thing that takes over their lives.

Have a really good think about this before you start mate.

You dont hold adults to a high enough standard.
If you are too ignorant to know that these shredded monsters arent enhancing then you are an idiot. Why the fuck should i not be able to do what i want bc little johny might see me and grow up to make his own decision whether or not its based in ignorance?

>black and white fallacy

It's a shame you cant cruise on 250mg/test a week.

I'm sort of at the end of the line. At this point, only drastic measures are going to help me.

The only way to fix that is get out in the world and realize that body image means nothing, once you understand you look fine and you dont need to look like a fitness model you will be fine.

>You don't hold adults to a high enough standard
I'm not the one saying adults have no responsibility to be good role models mate.

Bc id like to see what its like to have an abnormally high amount of testosterone.

Same reason i do psychedelics. I like to "experience"

As long as its safe and i know enough about what im doing to get myself out of a bad situation that results from the substance im taking.

I'm afraid it's not that simple anymore. See:

Why do you think that?

>Implying arnie isnt a good role model
>implying every sport star isnt a good role model
>implying john ceeeena isnt a good role model

Etc etc etc

After years of therapy to treat my depression, I'm worse than I've ever been. I'm at the end of the line. If this doesn't improve my life, I'm killing myself.

Sounds like you have depression or something, and self medicating with drugs sure as hell wont help you long term.

Yeah, totes. Roids are 100% safe for everyone, as long as you do them right all the time and and are rigorous and knowledgeable about them. No 'true' roider has negative sides.

You actually think these effeminate faggots obsessed with their bodies are good role models?

Is that really the world you want to live in? One where young men care about how they look as much as women?

I only roided once. It was great. Learned alot about the body and hormones. Had great gains.

Didnt do it again and havent considered it since bc i didnt roid for the reasons you listed.

Ever think that not everyone fits into your little box just bc a couple guys you know?

It feels no different, you have to take tren and shit to feel it.

Test makes no difference to mood.

Spot on. See:

Except all the pro body builders that died of heart problems and zyzz.

So every pro athlete is an effemenite faggot thats obssesed with their bodies?

You shouldnt deal in absolutes, friend. There are always more outliers than u think.

I'm not in it for the long run. If it cost my life to get out a couple of good years, I'm fine with that.

Holy shit mate, you're a fucking idiot. Seriously, how will having a good body make your life better? Do you think your outlook is going to magically change and everything will stop being pointless? Do you think women will not think you're an insecure faggot and will just magically become attracted to you because you're roiding?

Go out and do something for the world. Do some volunteering, give to a charity, read the Bible.

Everyone who's even mildly interested in this question should watch Bigger, Stronger, Faster*:

rottentomatoes.com/m/bigger_stronger_faster_asterisk

It's fantastic and really well-reviewed. The question of why people juice is probably the main focus. It also shares a lot of good medical information on steroids and explores some cultural niches and personal stories.

The filmmaker and his brothers are experienced powerlifters, bodybuilders, and WWE wrestlers, so they know what they're talking about on the Veeky Forums side of things, too.

Pro athletes who use steroids are cheats and therefore are not good role models. Cheating is the opposite of masculine.

Dont kill your self, i have had periods in my life i have felt a similar way.

You just need to try and get out and have more good things in your life, taking gear wont help. You need friends and family that will be supportive to you, and you need to find your place in the world.

Start thinking about what you want to do in life, and take a risk just go out and start doing it. If it means going to university or quiting your current job just do it, and put all your energy into bettering your life. It wont get better unless you take control.

> I have never roided.

The post

Meant to include the cover

>hah I'm on steroids so I'm a tough masculine adonis and you aren't even playing the game you are so below me HA

>not everyone is insecure enough to want to be this big

You are all so beta that you can't humanly become alpha so you cheat and fail miserably
Kys

Yeah i have, i have loads of test and tren too.

Your life is a delusion.
Just accept the fact that using test is no different than taking creatine. Its a means to reach a goal faster.

No one gives a shit if you think theyre cheating when they literally have to juice to compete at an elite level.

You want home runs? You want big tackles? You want record breaking speed times? You want excitement in pro sports?
Then you have to juice.

In the meantime, these guys are actually being rolemodels and doing things to better their communities. Helping sick kids, providing youth sports programs. Teaching kids about healthy lifestyles. Etc

Take the stick out of your ass.

>THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!!!!1!1!11

Is a shitty argument

Being sad is not the same as being depressed. You don't get it, that's fine, but please, don't be so fucking arrogant to think the answer just be "get out more".

If you actually give a shit, watch this: ted.com/talks/andrew_solomon_depression_the_secret_we_share

My brother has suffered with depression for years, all of my family are on anti depressants. i have suffered depression.

The only way to help yourself is to actually want it, it is very hard when you are in a depressed state. But with help medication and the right attitude you can do it. You just have have some clarity in your life, once you do you can start to get better.

Haha righto mate. Was clinically diagnosed with depression at 15 and experienced it until i was 21. I know just as much about depression as you do, and I know that lying to yourself is not going to make things anything better

You just said before that life is meaningless and you make your own meaning. Therefore, any interpretation of the meaning of life is delusion according to you - including your own theory of 'just do roids and get swole bro fuck everyone else'.

If you weren't 16 you might be able to see that >think of the children is a legitimate argument and your actions affect everyone around you in ways you probably don't realise. I hope you never breed.

Eh, many pro athletes are thinking of *their* children when they start doping. Just like 80-hour weeks in a biophysics lab lend themselves to off-label stimulant use, professional strength and speed and the wear-and-tear of competition lend themselves to steroids. Those jobs are incredibly unstable and there's a lot of anxiety associated with getting your money before you get pushed into retirement at 31 years old (or tear your Achilles at 25 years old, or get dropped at 22 years old because you can't cut it).

I agree that these guys don't set the best example, but they're not armchair philosophers or politicians. They're young men whose job is to perform amazing physical feats or get fired, and they'll do what's necessary to perform.

I know what you're saying and to an extent agree with you. It's a vicious cycle now where to be a professional athlete you have to take steroids to be able to compete, and many of the guys probably never wanted to do so. But just writing it off as 'the way it is' or whatever will not fix the problem.

>There is no such thing as a victimless crime.
Wew. What a stupid argument. Anything can be a crime; someone just has to be dumb enough to ban it.

>shortcut for 'gains'
It's also worth noting that once you get to a certain point, steroids aren't a "shortcut" - they're the only way to get substantially stronger.

I see that side of it too. I cautiously support at least some forms of doping in sports, but I think that modern bans and stringent testing have the nice side effect of keeping athletes' doping minimal and safe. Gone are the days of guys like Dwain Chambers (pic related) who are so obviously doped to the gills that it's cringy and comical.