QTDDTOT

Other thread about to die.

If I feel my lower back at all during an OHP, does that mean I'm over extending it?

Other urls found in this thread:

keto-calculator.ankerl.com/
amazon.com.mx/dp/B00JK085IK/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1O84K4ZK6Z1V&coliid=I32LQWTQEELKAQ
forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150877343
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Pendlay or Yates rows?

Video your lift and see for yourself.

Depends on what part of your upper back you're targeting.

When referring to a novice program like ss and someone says add 5lbs to your squat every week, do they mean 5 total or 5 on each side?

Pendlays are going to be more solid if you're on a full body.

Record your lift and see, but I don't really feel any lower back activation at just below a 2 plate OHP so that would be indicative of poor core and glute strength imo

total but you should be able to hit on each side at first

Thanks, I've been able to add each side to most lifts so far, ohp is slowing down hand at 75lbs, but I know that's my poor diet and sleep

How do I do high-bar squats without hurting my knees? What exercises can I do on the side to strengthen knees?

>SS
>progressing by 5lbs a week on the squat

You should be adding 10lbs to your squat and deadlift every training day if you can. If not, then 5lbs instead of 10.

After 18 months of lifting I have achieved a relatively strong, relatively aesthetic physique. Why do I still hate myself?

Because your physical appearance is not the cause of your inherent depression, and you can get better mental gains with something like Buddhism, Taoism, or meditation rather than making yourself "look" better.

Ultimately, the fact that you think you need to "improve" yourself is why you'll always be stuck trying to improve yourself.

WHAT IS GOOD PPL?
HOW TO PPL?

If I was stalling on bench and squat at 1pl8 for both does that mean I wasn't eating enough protein?

Should you stretch before or after lifting? Also, what stretches your pec muscles? I have this tight feeling in my left chest whenever I bench, and I feel like stretching would help

How much body fat to reach in order for my puffy nipples and man tits to disappear? Currently at 22% bodyfat.

For a while now, my ankles (more my left) have been hurting whenever I do anything even somewhat strenuous. I could walk around for an hour and it'll hurt enough that I want to go home and ice them. I think it's because I fell weird about a month ago and may have hit my left ankle, but now my right one's going out too. What should I do?

What bf% does one have to achieve to sat that cutting is sufficient and have to bulk?

Only if you were eating enough, period.

So it was either I wasn't eating enough calories, or enough protein? I can't really think of anything else that would make me stall on such bitch weight

I read that sentence like seven times and still can't make sense of it. I get your drift though, and the answer is read the sticky.

One more thing, I also wiggle my toes and my foot around when I'm walking, it's kind of a nervous tic. I'm worried this might fuck up the way my foot lands when I'm walking and intensify the problem.

Any try Halo Top ice cream?

I'm not much for sweets but I figure in a pinch it's not the worst thing.

Suggestions for flavors?

Also not enough rest, too much stress, etc. And I am assuming you didn't just try to bench 1pl8 your second visit to the gym...?

Impossible to tell. Go to a doctor, dumbass. You're not going to get a credible diagnosis from a mongolian fingerpainting forum.

I plan to, I'm just checking if I'm actually retarded first

Nope I started with 95 pounds which was easy, so I went to 115, then from there increased by 5 each workout until 1pl8 which I did 3x5 but my form started to go to shit and I couldn't do 140. Shit was weird.

Tried all but choc mocha chip and b'day cake. All decent, especially if you let them melt a bit. Least favorite mint chip, which was still OK, just barely any chips. Best thing I did with them was make a diet root beer float.

Is there really any benefit doing 5x5 as opposed to 3x5 as a beginner? More volume sounds better, but will it help strength gains?

It's actually especially good for beginners. More reps to practice form and more volume from lower weights.

I think that's what I got at with anons answer, I add 10 to my total. 5 on each side

If you are at the gym and some soccer mom comes in with ther little brat going around the gym unattended and you are minding your own business lifting, and he gets in the way of your clean and jerk or whatever you are doing and you end up killing him or making him paraplegic because the bar falls on him since he was running around being annoying like kids do, is it the fault (legally speaking) of:
A) the mom's fault
B) the gym owner / front desk
C) you

Who gets the blame?

How do i eat 1,500kcals a day that high in protein? can i achieve this without drinking protein shakes?

I've started reading Starting Strength. Do I really have to read this whole book? I don't even understand what he's talking about half the time, and I don't really care about the physiology of the squat. I would like to skip all that shit and get right to the program. Is that a good or bad idea? It's so hard for me to pick up the book because it's so boring, and it's keeping me from going to the gym and getting started.

>diet root beer

Doing starting strength with a friend. He is too fucking fat to do chinups/dips, as the assisted chinup machine is kicking his fucking ass with all weights on.

Should I tell him to stick it out, or is there a better lift we can replace it with while he's still so overweight?

>I would like to skip all that shit and get right to the program
By that I mean get to the part of the book that talks about the program

In my opinion, if you're too fat to do a proper chin-up, you shouldn't be doing them yet.

Sure, eat only meat, lentils, and Halo Top ice cream.

A lot easier with protein powder tho.

>Who gets the blame?
The one with the worst lawyer.

lat pulldowns

As long as you "know" proper form, by all means. Rip does like to hear himself talk/type, but it really is a fantastic resource. A lot of the stuff will make much more sense after you've been lifting a bit.

ppl is easy, what do you not get about it?

>As long as you "know" proper form, by all means
I don't, but I honestly think I'd get a better understanding of it from watching YouTube videos or asking someone for help at the gym.

you are legally required to sign a contract to even come as a guest into a gym - even children aged 11-14 who are working with their parents MUST sign off to the fact that any injury may occur from their own negligence and it would be on them

Thanks for the advice, dudes. I'll make his ass less fat yet.

Yeah, I meant before you get under a bar...

So just learn the program (seems pretty simple to learn), learn techniques from youtube videos, and learn how to eat (I already do), and then I should be good to go?

Anybody know what a reasonable price for gyno surgery in leaf land is?

Best barbell exercise for forearms?

Deadlift

Yep. Don't be in too much of a hurry to go max weights. Get that form practice in. You'll be glad you did. You're gonna make it bro.

Thanks a lot, man

Should i be strength training on a cut?
I'm aiming to lose about 70 lbs. lost 10 so far.

Whats a good weekly deficit to be at calorie wise while cutting?

What does Veeky Forums do on their rest days? I have no other hobbies and get bored as fuck.

>I live in a fucking fantasy fairy land where everything is roses, the police exists to serve and protect, and all politicians have the best interest of their citizens at heart

That's not how the real word works. I have seen kids way younger than 11 running around unattended in a gym. I have been to many gyms without signing shit, just telling them your name and dropping the bills at front desk once a month. What an idiotic comment.
Are you underage? Or from the new tumblr/reddit wave?

Realistically, how long would it take me to go from 19 to 15% bodyfat while maintaining a proper diet and lifting/cardio routine.

Yes, but don't expect to gain much strength or muscle. But a big yes.

Read the sticky.

then maybe chill your retarded ass out, move out of brazil, and then go somewhere that doesn't have barnyard animals behind the gym you fucking autistic tripfag

Insufficient info. Use keto-calculator.ankerl.com/ to get a decent guess.

You forgot to answer me this, tumblerino.
>Are you underage? Or from the new tumblr/reddit wave?

500 grams of chicken should do the trick. Dunno about murrica but in my country chicken protein is cheaper than powders

keep crying tumblr and reddit while you're still the one that is not only using a trip to ask autistic questions in a QTDDTOT but also getting triggered by the answers - not my fault you live in some shitty nigger 3rd world country that doesn't have basic business safety related legislations and protocols

1/3 i can find here. Guess im fucked.

I live in the philippines, so chicken is cheaper when bought in bulk, especially on the country side where they butcher live chickens infront of you.

Is an 8pac a generic thing? I've seen a lot of bodybuilders that just don't seem to have the last two and I've seem pretty small guys that have a massive 8pac abbs all the way to their chest.

If its not a generic thing how the hell do you get the last two its an amazing look.

fuck meant genetic

if you mean genetic then yes, you're born with what you get, an 8 pack is uncommon

>don't expect to gain strength or muscle
So.. if I already have no strength or muscle, what's the point of lifting while cutting

I workout at my local community college because its cheap, but I just noticed that it's closed on friday due to some holiday.

Is it alright to workout two days in a row (wednesday & thursday) if I get the weekend off and resume on monday? I'm doing SL

Thanks for making it easy!

Damn I meant to say "much muscle." You will gain some, depending on how much BF you have. Noob gains are not inconsiderable. And the more muscle you gave, the less weight you'll need to lose to get to a certain BF%. But your lifts will falter sooner than someone who is eating enough to make more muscle, and then you'll have a decision to make...

Depends on how new you are. If you're lifting heavy, you need that time to recover, so I'd say take a 3 day weekend. If you're still lifting lighter weights and two days of squats in a row won't kill you, then go for it.

how do i do that. it won't let me

I asked a similar question a few days ago with alcohol and the consensus seemed to be that it was better to not get your calories from alcohol, but is it better to be 500 calories short or to eat something like 500 calories worth of potato chips or half a cup of straight up sugar?

Also, what are some calorie dense foods that I could eat without preparation when I'm short? Preferably something with protein obviously.

I can get this rack (XMark Power Series Half Rack XM-9014) for my home gym for around 750 bucks semi-new from a friend.

Is it worth it?

amazon.com.mx/dp/B00JK085IK/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1O84K4ZK6Z1V&coliid=I32LQWTQEELKAQ

4chanX friendo

Depends on what condition it's in, 750 seems too cheap

Need picture related browser script. Only reason I still use Firefox. Slow as fuck but all the scripts...

It's literally new the guy never actually used it

you should try to be close to your goal as much as possible. Obviously don't eat just simple carbs.

>Also, what are some calorie dense foods that I could eat without preparation when I'm short?
Nuts, peanut butter, whey.

Go for it then, seems like a good deal.

Abductor pain after squating
What coud it be?
Gonna record myseflt next time

Which is better 5x5 or GSLP? I was going to start with GSLP but the whole 2 sets thing is throwing me off. Is that really enough? Does the AMRAP make up for that?

Is it bad to do 531 instead of Texas Method? People keep saying TM is better because of weekly progression but I really like 531s template

Im skinnyfat. Should I only do a few hundred calories over my TDEE or should I bump it up even more?

Really just dont want to get fat, and I'm still making progress on my lifts, but that might just be because I started so low on them

forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150877343

Should I take a job for 40k? Im unemployed and it seems easy and I can stay in the city that I want to live in.

If I keep waiting though, I could potentially get one for 15k more

You could even try it at a deficit for a bit til your lifts stall for a recomp, then increase calories to chase.

How harmful was one cigarillo to my fitness? I don't feel different but I'm sure it might have affected my performance.

Do 5/3/1 and increase your training max everytime you get too many reps (5 more than the minimum for example)

Also you should definitely throw another benching or bech variation day in there,
one session just doesnt allow for enough volume to last you for a week.

fuck maybe ill do this. was scared about the bulk. but i weigh like nothing

just a note that 40k is not that much in the scheme of things. Can you hold onto the offer before checking with the other place?

One beer, one cigar, one cake, one shot of vodka, one of just about anything will not hurt your fitness overall.

Repeatedly doing that will hurt your fitness.

It is for us not first worlders

Is cardio or lifting more efficient for losing weight? I understand that lifting is obviously better for muscle gain and retention and that doing both is ideal but if muscle is not a priority is cardio more time efficient for weight loss?

im 24 years old

Dieting is most efficient. Exercise is 10% of the process.

HIIT is the best way to burn calories fast
Besides diet obviously

Thanks.