God damnit, I got my world shattered today

God damnit, I got my world shattered today.

I've been lifting for 3 years, made awesome gains, and my friend wanted me to come try out BJJ at his gym.

Veeky Forums, I got fucking wrecked. I'm pretty damn in shape and strong, and look physically strong, but today it didn't matter. My ego was shattered.

We did some warm ups and techniques. All good. Was having good fun, but then the last 20 minutes of class we did sparring. I gassed out after about 45 seconds. I got fucking destroyed by a little dude. I got destroyed by everyone, both smaller and bigger than me. I was winded.

What the fuck is the point of even lifting? I'm fucking training martial arts from now on.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NzQI_45quYg
youtube.com/watch?v=R4LQvPCuwbY
youtube.com/watch?v=vMzPmN09sfg&t=1h56m27s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You should have done your cardio, baby

Didn't even matter, my strength counted for nothing. My cardio wouldn't have either. These guys were just better than I was at kicking ass.

What did you expect?

Would lifting help you at tennis against one who is trained, when you are not?

Of course they outperformed you at martial arts - they train martial arts

So keep practicing bjj

/thread
stupid thread

This is normal.

Keep training BJJ but also keep lifting. They complement each other.

lol do you not do regular cardio? you can't consider yourself Veeky Forums unless you have a sub 6 mile

BJJ isn't fighting in the streets, trust.

Yeah, BJJ is a different kind of animal.
Keep going man, your strength will come in handy once you pick up some technique.

Since it's weird cardio, you'll find yourself fitter too

I feel like i would. Asically have to run at a full sprint for 6 minutes to get a

get on an hiit routine

Endurance will usually win in a fight baby

>calling a sub 6:00 mile sprinting
>being this out of shape
Way to fall for the SS meme

>technique is more important than strength
No shit.

This post is probably written by the same guy who's been writing the "why bother lifting when you'll just get wrecked by anybody with a little BJJ experience"

staymad

Do crossfit. I've been doing it for years and have a sub 6' mile. Everyone calls it a one way ticket to snap city, but I've literally only injured my lower back twice from weighted box jumps and a Deadlift challenge where I did 50x1pl8 Deadlifts in 2 minutes.

This. Strength comes in handy, but amazing technique > strength (unless you're way, way stronger). I did bjj before I started lifting, and our instructor was one of the smallest guys there. He was 130lbs and could wreck guys over 200lbs.

Please be trolling.

>I've spent the last three years doing things that are not learning how to fight and then I fought someone and I didn't know how to fight, why??
I do not understand. Getting strong does not make you good at skills that use strength

Do both dumb ass. Then after you get a purple belt, start judo, then do boxing,

I had a similar experience about 6 months ago when I started. I went in pretty much knowing I would get my ass handed to me, but at 6'4 225lbs I figured I'd at least do half decent. Was gassed out during the warm up and the first person I rolled with is a 16 year old who weighs about 160 and he literally ran circles around me. I probably got submitted over 10 times in 5 minutes by this kid. I stuck with it, train 3-5 days a week and changed my workouts to compliment bjj. Lessons learned;
>Despite your size, you're not tough. I was never tough, and I still am not tough
>Technique, endurance and the ability to stay calm are alot higher priority than strength when it comes to fighting/ grappling/ self defense etc.- moreso than most people think
>Most people who lift could use a reality check by getting fucked up by martial artists at least once
>Although I still am a shitty white belt I am 99% less nervous around confrontation
>Now am a 200lb wiry cunt with sick endurance and building on my fundamentals, look less intimidating at this size but leaps and bounds more confident

6'5 230 lbs lanklet here.
Broke my leg in infacy and have had a short leg along with balance issues my whole life.

Is it impossible for me to do BJJ or martial arts?
Should I work on balance before I get killed by a small brown man?

do people practice greco-roman wrestling for fun outside of high school? is that a thing? i want to do a combat sport but not judo or w/e

Mediocre b8

Bullshit technique>strength in practice

I did the same shit as OP. I went with my cousin on off days because I was bored. Sure the first 2 days I was gassed as fuck rolling. Then when I realized to control my breathing after the third day it was easy as fuck not to get wiped out even it being a rest day.

Rolling while being stronger than the other person also helps. I was green as shit and rolled with people who were superior in techinque tremendously. Hell one dude laughed that I had no technique and brute forced everything...you know what I did when he got the advantage? I just rolled into a ball and waited it out till they told us to reset then repeated if I got in a bad angle. He literally couldn't break my hold on myself and he was 20lbs heavier than I was.

Now if you're a dumbass who literally stays upright while the dude is making moves that;s on you for being a dumbass.

>could literally americana almost everyone there with no technique
>kept losing to some girl because her gi would come lose and I'd be weirded out that I didn't want her freaking out if I grabbed somewhere I wasn't
>that instant tap outs when she kept trying to smother my breathing with her chest while trying to arm bar me

Adopt 1 legged crane style like karate kid

It only works because you play by their stupid rules...next time sneak up with a brick and crack the back of their ugly heads...go for the balls and twist them....if they get full mount start shitting yourself and puking...be boys ain't shit..never seen one stop a bullet to the face... all martial arts are just fancy dancing...next time bite a chunk out of them..see how their technique holds up

u just sound like an uncoordinated dofus

Is this even useful if you don't live in a squalid hellhole like Brazil?

I've seen armless dudes do BJJ so there's that

It should be fine, you should know that BJJ is hard on the body if you train and spar seriously, I don't know anyone that have trained for years that don't have messed up something in their body.

BJJ is great for getting into shape though, you have to know your body's limit or you will get injured

and you will get killed by everyone in the class when you first go, but that's how you learn

You are that one spazz in the gym

You are going to end up injuring someone or yourself soon enough. Please don't brute strength, not everyone go there to go balls out crazy

This is a good post.

I have found that bjj is all about that max efficiency. I went from gassed in 2 mins to roll for 2 hours in like a month. I don't think My cardio just magically exploded.

I learned how to stay calm, not panic, not struggle. You need to know when to chill and when to explode. It's about the flow, senpai.

After starting bjj i've stopped feeling sick on my leg day. Also, bjj is a great ego softener; somedays you are feeling great and you are in shape and you kick asses, and somedays you are just tired from work and personal life and you get choked out repeatedly. It's not very much uncommon to see white belts submit brown belts or purple belts, it just depends on how you woke up that day.

So stop being a fucking pussy, keep lifting and start grappling.

I just said I was green you fucking faggot I'm not there every day wanting to roll around with sweaty guys fucking queer.

>please don't brute strength
>thread is literally HAHA strength doesn't mean shit compared to technique

I'm the green guy I'm not going out of my way to pick on people everyone there has more experience anyways.

Hilarious, because when we're playing by these rules, fuck rolling, fuck takedowns, I'll just draw my CCW and it's over.

BJJ isnt about street fights. GJJ is. Gracie Jiu Jitsu is completely different from sport jiu jitsu. BJJ crosses over well to the streets, but I am never going to play the BJJ game in the streets. However, it's a fun and amazing sport, and Veeky Forums fucks get trucked every time they stroll in, so it's great.

t. BJJ Blue Belt

Brute strength and spazz are totally different things. I've seen some assholes get WAY too angry during rolls, and someone will get hurt. He's just being a pussy and asking you nicely. When someone turns up the heat, study time is over and it becomes war. Especially if you're new and a retard. If you're a fresh white belt willing to learn and know your place in the gym, no one will actively hurt you. If you're a hotshot and think you can beat everyone, you're in for a hurting, brute strength or not.

>scared to rub up against a girl
>'fucking queer'

that has nothing to do with what I said, Course strength matters, anyone that tells you different has never competed.

Stop brute strengthening especially when you are green. It's not good for anyone, people go to gyms to practice technique, not to just "win" rolls, unless you are aware that the other person wants to go balls out, don't be a spazzy retard.

Think about it, it's like going to a pickup basketball game and trying to bullrush into the lane every time you get the ball

someone should put that harambe down anyways or it's a shit gym

You're reaching and making assumptions. I don't even care to advance I'm just there for cardio and learn a little.

This isn't a fucking tournament with trophies on the line so all I do is turtle up. I'm not going out of my way to put myself in a bad position just to learn how to defend in it, fuck that. Nor am I yanking motherfuckers and injuring them hell I'm more passive than anything. I don't know fucking moves or techniques hell all I know right now is an americana and that hip takedown shit where you shove your ass into them, grab their arm, pick them up on your back then throw them down.

>people go to gyms to practice technique, not to just "win" rolls
Exactly.
Being on the mats is NOT the time to gloat about how many times you tapped someone. Maybe they were studying a new move. Maybe the were working on getting out of positions. Who the fuck knows. Only in competition are you truly tested, and I promise anyone that doesn't train in this thread would get worked in comp.

OF COURSE YOU FUCKING DID

you've never done bjj before in your life why the fuck do you think you'd be good at it? All the general fitness in the world isn't going to make you a martial artists don't be a fucking stupid cunt.

>I'm not going out of my way to put myself in a bad position just to learn how to defend in it,
and
>Nor am I yanking motherfuckers and injuring them hell I'm more passive than anything.
yet
>I don't know fucking moves or techniques hell all I know right now is an americana and that hip takedown shit where you shove your ass into them, grab their arm, pick them up on your back then throw them down.
You're literally wasting your time, the instructors time, the person you're pair with's time, and your money.
You learn by making mistakes. You learn by trying new things. Your body develops as you train, and from that comes progression.
You literally just told me you don't know anything, but you love to submit people with the same move, or turtle. What happens when someone learns how to break your turtle, takes your back, and chokes you out?
Honestly, you're not being challenged enough in your gym. If I saw that shit more than twice, I would personally take on the mission to show you what turtling over and over can result in.

"Doesn't matter how good your BJJ is; if the person fighting you has better BJJ, your BJJ sucks."

Good for you nigga. Good attitude.

>what happens when someone chokes you out

Uh I tap lol what you think I'm going to have a autism moment and freak the fuck out?

The whole point is to develop your skill set to get out of things like a back-take. It's pretty damn easy, ESPECIALLY AGAINST BEGINNERS.
Say for example you do get into a violent confrontation for whatever reason.
Did tapping on the mats teach you anything?
Did fighting a single move over and over teach you anything?
What happens when you're set against someone and it's win or die? I'm confident in my BJJ skill set thus far that I know for a fact I can choke someone out in at least two ways from at least 6 different positions.

You have a higher % of ego left in you.
I'm not attacking you directly as a person; I just truly believe you're wasting your time by not LEARNING NOW and APPLYING later. What good is it to turtle every time you're in a losing position? With or without gi I know how to break down a turtle into a back take, and am pretty damn efficient at it. What then? Get choked, tap, start over.
Then what?
Take down -> Side control -> You turtle -> Back take -> Choke -> Tap.
over and over and over.
Why not take the time you're already spending to do something other than turtle when you're in a shit position?

> Challenge BJJ fighters to BJJ
> Get wrecked

Color me surprised.

So it wasn't a meme after all

You'd be surprised. I'm 190 6'
by 5'5 130 friend is bretty gud now at BJJ, since he's using his size and speed to move around and AWAY from attacks. It gets frustrating at times but it's testimony to the size debate.

youtube.com/watch?v=NzQI_45quYg

Yes, however if you train BJJ for 2-3 months, you'll destroy all the weakfags that have been doing it for years.

>50x1pl8 in 2 minutes

LMAO

What martial art or general training should I do to achieve maximum agility?

It's always funny when martial artists talk about "letting go of their ego" and then shit talk other athletes for not being good at their sport.

No shit, they aren't good at highly technical thing that you've been practicing for a while. You're going to wreck them. Gloating about it is pointless.

Any actual serious martial arts athlete will train their general strength and conditioning. Every single UFC fighter does. Why? All things being equal, the stronger opponent theoretically should win. There are tons of factors that will determine who wins in a fight, but to purposely ignore a force multiplier like strength is just retarded.

OP, if you like it, keep going. You'll start to pick it up, and then you'll be better able to make use of your leverages.

This is bait right? I mean no one is this ignorant to think X = Y

youtube.com/watch?v=R4LQvPCuwbY

>Rolled against a girl one time.
>Only person in class I could beat.
>keeps digging her knuckles into my chest
>literally choke her out in front of her husband
>pssh... Nothin' personnel kid...

As someone that did Martial arts for about a year, my experience says that cardio is the most important thing.
Fighting someone for more then 10 seconds requires a huge amount of energy. Gainsangels get destroyed in a fight if they don't land the first punch.

Bullshit I armbarred a dude 20 kg heavier than me on my third class nigga foh you jus got no animal instinct

youtube.com/watch?v=vMzPmN09sfg&t=1h56m27s

>Fatty
>Femalet
>Meat butcheress
>Asian-Hispanic mutt
>Nobody in any resemblence of form

This guy is Diamond and playing with training bots

You cant possibly be this stupid can you? Fucking hell.

>only injured my lower back twice

So two times too much.

also LAMO

I would expect to be beaten at something I'd never trained at by those experienced in it.

There is no shame in being out wrestled by those who train it.

So you arent good at something you didnt practice. Thats like being mad over losing a chessgame despite lifting for years. If you want to be good in bj's give more bj's.

Im still new in mma and being an ottermode with decent strength/movement ratio is all thats let me come out on top over the less experienced skinnyfat guys

Anyone who thinks strength doesn't matter at all is a retarded

But anyone who thinks they can brute force their way through someone well trained has the autist spectrum

wrong

its strength>courage>technique. All of which are essential btw to become true martial aritst

do you have autism?

Duh, you have to actually train to fight to actually know how to fight, you don't just magically know how to fight, it's just like any skill.

Most people will realise once they start a fighting sport just how much they don't know how to fight.

What the hell has lifting got to do with fighting OP? Fucking nothing at all.

I think the reason why you feel so shattered is because you adopted the wrong ideas and held on to them for so long, and now that you have faced the reality of fighting it has completely destroyed those ideas from bottom up, welcome to fighting, now don't run away, you need to accept this new information and keep training. It's a really great sport, brings you back down to earth.

>you don't just magically know how to fight
nu male detected

In this pic why isn't he trying to do something with his free hand. "Oh I'll just let this faggot pull my arm out its socket while I rest my other arm on my hip". I'd at least break his toes or try to gouge his ball bag. Even a nip on the arse anything.

/thread

enjoy the brute strength of my .45 fucking faggot end yourself

because hes suffocating you fuckwit, dont you even know simple biology?

Tfw 150lb kid at work who mma trys to demonstrate a take down and arm bar and I pick him up and drop him on his side winding him in front of people who constantly poses about mma in front of.

Undoubtedly mma is a skill and some people who train have 0 skill it's almost a fucking meme at this point.

"Connor Mcgrogor, Connor Mcgrogor blah blah".

Did you honestly think lifting was giving you the ability to fight?

I'd choke you, with my cock you little fucking manlet goblin.

What should I train if I want to be able to win a fight against a wild nigger who tries to fight me, or a drunk guy at a bar? Not like kill them just put them down

get a taser or a gun, shoot their leg/blow their kneecaps for epic win

Your dad lifts
Basic boxing, some wrestling and learn to unleash pure aggression 0-100.

none of them are even swinging.

> (OP)
>In this pic why isn't he trying to do something with his free hand. "Oh I'll just let this faggot pull my arm out its socket while I rest my other arm on my hip". I'd at least break his toes or try to gouge his ball bag. Even a nip on the arse anything.
Because the shoulder of the free hand is being blocked, and won't allow you to reach the ball bag or the ass. In order to do that the shoulder has to come forward, and because of the way that levers (or frames in this case) work, when you muscle the shoulder forward, it will push the hips away from the attacking hand. Pic related.

Besides, the motion here is not to pull the arm out of the socket, but the hips are coming up to break the elbow. I suppose breaking a toe would work if you are willing to let your elbow get broken in the process.

what an idiot

Well if he tries to do anything with that hand, he can just snap his arm.

t. false flagging fighting faggot

God damnit, I got my world shattered today.

I've been lifting for 3 years, made awesome gains, and my friend wanted me to come try out Chess at his club...

gracie jiu jitsu is about downloading a blue belt

Strength does matter eventually, but if you don't know the basics you're fucked.It's just a skill. You'll suck at first.

Dude, after a year you'll be kicking theirs. All the huge guys are impossible to take down because they're massive.

>Do something for the first time
>Be not so good at it
>Complain to anime autists about it
Really makes me think.

>isn't big enough to simply flex and break any grapple.
Think before you stoop down to the level of Jew jitsu

There's the opposite side to this too. Being 185 pound skinny fat BJJ purple belt, I could choke out most meatheads with ease. But then they'd go bang their hot girlfriends, and I'd go home, get high, and jerk off to internet porn.

Do both.

as long as you weren't beat by girls you're good

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAAHAHAAHHAHAAHHAAHAHHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHHAHAAHAAHHAHAHAAHAAHHAAHHH
>trust