Is Pho Veeky Forums?

That protein, those noodles, the herbs, and the fortifying beef broth. How can that not be good for gains?

Around 600 calories for a bowl, 28 grams of protein, 13 grams of fat, and 70 grams of carbs. That broth, those herbs.

You are trying so hard to make this happen.
But yes its delicious now calm down.

unless you have a vietnamese community near you literally don't bother. the level of quality between real, honest-to-god vietnamese pho and the soulless imitation shit that stupid fucking chiniggers try to pass off as pho is insane

there is literally no point in eating pho anywhere in the continental united states if it's not in california's san gabriel valley or texas' dallas-fort worth

Asiandale (Annandale) Virginia

I live in Southeast Texas. Lots of Vietnamese people here. I go to the pho places in Port Arthur where all the old Vietnamese guys eat at. It's good shit bro.

just had some shrimp pho today

how exactly is the beef pho served? the shrimp one comes with shrimp already in the soup and cooked

but beef pho is raw? are you supposed to immediately put it in the soup yourself to begin cooking?

It's not about trying hard, it's about loving pho.

???

Kek, I live in Mass and there's shitloads of Asian people here.

pho broth is just msg and salt water m8
(nothing wrong with msg)

It is healthy but it's really not a ton of calories. I didn't know this was a discussion and it seems like you just wanted to make a post about pho

The beef is raw until it is placed in a steaming hot bowl of noodles and broth. It's good shit man. I had pho today with beef round, beef brisket, and sliced meatballs. It was awesome.

Is it offensive to put sambal and soy sauce in the pho I order at restaurants?

Eat two bowls then

Not at all. That's what is for. You customize your pho how you want with the sauces. I put sriracha, plum sauce, soy, and and a few drops of fish sauce in mine.

at this day and age there are gooks everywhere, im sure u can get good pho anywhere in NA desu senpai

I make my own pho broth. It takes a bit time though since I have to boil the bones for awhile. I don't have a pressure cooker which apparently can cook it faster.

>Implying NYC doesn't have god tier pho

I eat that Pho Bo Vien. (Pho with Meatballs).

Squirt some Hoisin Sauce and you got a bomb ass bowl for gainz

Fuck you, OP. I was craving pho all day but didn't want to go by myself so I just lifted and then sat on my ass reading manga all day. I thought I could come to this place to escape my sins, and lo and behold this fuckin thread is there.

Yeah, and probably about 3000mg of sodium, you dumb slanted eyed gook.

seasoning... tastes good man

u fucking white ppl just don't understand

>rice noodles with glycemic load through the roof
>expensive as fuck for the calories(have to get from restaurant)
>hard as shit to eat
Yeah, ill pass on that gains goblin.

enjoy ur tubberware chicken and broccoli

freaks

Mirin dem numbera
I wish I could have those digits

lol

why couldn't it had been me

what a waste of sexts

>tfw got sexts before sex

ive literally never seen such a strange mix of things to add to pho. soy sauce? and fish sauce? why are you ruining the broth user :(

Bufford highway in GA. We got like 3 places with good pho.
Also Lees bakery, havent been there in like 5 years tho and a lot of white people know about it so it might be shit now.
Food bloggers destroy shit fuck yelp.

kexkts

lee's bakery? we have a viet-run chain called viet sandwiches here in socal. if they're the same or similar then shit's probably still bretty gud

Look up chankonabe op

It's the shit sumo wrestlers bulk on

God tier

Stop eating gookfood and start eating like a man, faggot

Ayy NoVa represent

I've seen like 3 pics of her today, who is she, help me out user

i bulked on homemade Pho. Gained 2kg in under a month

>tfw I've had good pho in Oklahoma City, DFW, and Seattle

My good friend is Vietnamese, and she recommends only the most authentic places to me.

South central TX, you find pho shops about half as often as taco shops here.

what a massive fucking waste of dubs

Vienna here phobros

There was a spot around the corner form me called Pho Ever Yum

I WANNA BEEEEE

PHOOOO EVER YUM

Pho is the perfect Veeky Forums food imho

heh that's clever.

>expensive
It's about $5 for a big bowl here in PHOenix.

Lol my gym is right next to a chinese buffet, and a chinese market and a pho place.

It's this girl

>hard as shit to eat
Are you retarded or something user?

shit ton of sodium

lots of good pho in colorado, faggot

Is ramen as good as pho when it comes to being Veeky Forums or am I just a delusional weeb?

A small bowl, maybe.

Average sized bowl? Double that minimum.

Heard we had a sick get over here, came to check

Got a point here, I'd be eating this stuff every day if it wasnt for this

Wow nice get user.

Those numbers cant lie, r-right?

Whats your favorite place? I really like that Viet House near Woodson HS

Pho is delicious but like practically everything served in a restaurant the macros are a shit

I do enjoy them thanks. Just enjoyed some earlier today and soon it's time for another one.

Sodium doesn't mean dick if you're drinking a gallon of water daily. Shoo with your 1980s mom science.

>glycemic load means fuck all unless your diabetic
>if $7 is expensive you've got bigger problems than not getting your gains
>are you a retarded child that doesn't know how to use eating utensils
>nice sextuplets

Just a drop or two of each. I add sriracha and plum sauce primarily. I like it spicy.

That's because Mexicans. The gooks like the humid weather and plentiful shrimping here in SETX.

Suburbs in central maryland have a shit ton of viets.

Vancouver is pretty decent. The place I go to knows me know.

hankook taqueria is god tier too

GA fag here. We have some legit asian towns around here with korean and vietnamese food that is quite good.

Alright bros. I'm not big by any means, but I fucking love asian food. I hate carbs. One of the easiest, even though shitty way for me to intake is asian food but specifically asian noodles of every type, pho, ramen, udon, yakisoba, etc.

I always figured this was troll science by utilizing asian god-tiers for the food they produce, but maybe Veeky Forums is onto something.

>those sexts
what a shame they had to occur on such a shitty post

>what is reading comprehension?

Not all Asian people are Vietnamese, which is exactly his point. Only Vietnamese people make pho worth eating, other Asians will pass off their piss soup as pho and Americunts like you and I will eat it and think it's great.

he has spoken

Grew up in and around garden grove and westminster in california, largest vietnamese community outside of vietnam and grew up with sriracha before that was a meme. Now in Philly and I get my pho from Chinatown. Plenty of Viets there too, and Chinese that know what they're doing.

Pho can be Veeky Forums but don't bother with the rice noodles. Replace them with egg noodles if they offer it. Otherwise nutritionally you're basically just eating meat with oily salt water. I don't even count the fish sauce or spices nutritionally.

Don't put the sriracha in until you've got a good taste of the broth. If the broth is real good it's probably better on its own relatively unadulterated before putting what's essentially spicy ketchup in it. If it's not that good then go ahead put the srirach in. I like mine with extra jalapeno and basil, cilantro, green onions myself (very herbal)

If you must use sriracha I recommend putting in a little dish aside from the rest of the soup and dipping the meatballs in it. Also 50/50 sriracha/hoisin sauce.

Ramen can also be Veeky Forums but probably not the kind that I actually like (tonkotsu is really fatty)

Yeah, there's sodium in all these. Enjoy that delicious sodium and glutamates and drink more water to make up for it (you should have been doing this anyway). I add extra salt and MSG (if available) myself and I don't give a fuck and neither should you.

Don't be a fucking hipster about food please the Viets probably think we're fucking crazy for our neurotic attitudes about food.

checking in, glad y'all responded with all your favorite pho places. i've traveled the US a lot and the only places i've found legit pho are where i live/work (SGV) and one place i've been a lot (DFW)

if you guys haven't had genuine vietnamese pho, though, please go try some. i worked briefly at a chinese-run modern "fusion noodle soup" place and the difference in the quality is palpable, not just yelp food critic shit. from my experience, vietnamese-run places tend to stick to a single well-balanced recipe and they take a lot more care about their product because it's a huge part of their culture. the chinese-run place i worked at literally did whatever they could to push a bowl out of the kitchen, and the end product was inconsistent and usually pretty shitty. vietnamese places also tend to use more and generally better meat in their pho. they don't cut corners, esp not with their filet mignon.

again sorry for my misgivings against generic chinese-run pho places, but pho is a huge staple in my personal diet and if you're not eating viet pho, you're doing yourself dirty famalam

oh yeah and pho as I eat it (no rice noodles) (spicy, herbal salt water with meat) is basically cutting food, not bulking food.

Philadelphia (around Washington ave) has a very robust Vietnamese community, and the best pho I've ever had. Fuck you.

I work in a very nice Vietnamese restaurant and I assure you our Pho Ga and Bun Bo is the shit compared to the crap you get in other restaurants. It helps that the chefs are actually Vietnamese and have worked under such names as Charles Phan.

It's hard to get good Pho for some reason. Alot of the Pho I've had barely tastes any different than Miso

>pho ga
>ever

Stop being a fucking food hipster god fucking damn.

lol not many ppl get pho ga bra

It's just chicken pho people get it all the time

i've never sold a bowl of pho ga. white people don't like it, asian people don't like it, and i don't know of any places that make pho ga that tastes better than a can of chicken noodle soup

is it being a food hipster when i want my $7 to taste good? nigga i stick to the pho tai and just dump the veggie plate in there w/ some hoisin. how do you make pho ga taste better?

MN here. gook restaurants all over this shit, pho aplenty.

> how do you make pho ga taste better?
how the meat is prepared and what cut it is makes a big diff but same for the beef

Buford Highway and Roswell road have so many good small restaurants. I went to a Malaysian one last month that blew my mind.

Tfw in Dallas and constantly banging Asians and they always know the best pho places.

living the dream, my nigga

I really really really really really really am. Thank you. We're all gonna make it, user. Just keep at it.

Lol what never thought I'd see anyone on fit posting from this shithole. We do have plenty of delicious pho though.

Morrow, Georgia is little vietnam

PHO CONFIRMED FOR SHIT TIER GAINS GOBLIN GOOK FOOD

>and have worked under such names as Charles Phan
literally who.

if you have to google someone then name dropping them is fucking worthless