First Gym Day

>be me
>decide to get Veeky Forums about two months ago
>diet is squeaky clean, down from 190 to 165 lbs
>planned on adding a lifting program once I moved to school and had access to a gym
>do lots of reading, watch lots of YouTube videos, etc.
>go into gym
>muscular Chads everywhere
>squat the bar for 3x5 (I'm on SS)
>arms are killing me after trying to fold them into a pretzel to do a low-bar squat
>pretty sure every aspect of my form was terrible
>move to bench press
>same deal, bar for 3x5
>each rep is wobbly and uneven
>Chad on the bench next to me is showing his Stacy GF (who is wearing a dress in the gym) how much he can bench
>meanwhile, my pathetic ass is struggling to maintain something resembling proper form with just the bar
>can hear Rip's voice in my head the whole time
>deadlift is next
>take the bar from one of the incline benches and put a pair of 35-lb plates on just to get it off the ground
>fuck up yet another lift with what I assume was abysmal technique
>put my plates and bar back because I'm not a tool
>dips are the last exercise
>program calls for 2 sets of 5-8
>can only manage 1 set of 3, shaking wildly
>leave gym and bike back to apartment

it wasn't pretty, but I did it--I got through my first day

h-hold me Veeky Forums

>he fell for the Veeky Forums gym routines meme

and as you can see nothing bad happend
now just keep going and ull make gains
at least thats what it was like for me

Fucking relish it man. If you're struggling with just the bar now you're going to be making gains at such a silly rate. I fucking miss just starting out. Adding weight like crazy. Feels good.

fpbp

I still remember my first gym day... I was wearing a pair of Dickie's shorts, a 300 movie t-shirt, and a pair of dirty Nikes. My workout that followed consisted of an embarrassing combination of bicep curls, tricep dips, and chest press all on machines.

I do that literally every day and I'll never be shamed out of it

>READ THE FUCKING STICKY NEWFAGS
>lol he actually read the sticky what an idiot

You played yourself, the sticky is a lie

Ugh I wish I could go back and be a beginner again. Gains literally everyday

Congrats my dude. The hardest part is over and done with. Now you can look forward to mega gains every session.

don't compare yourself to the other guys. Everyone was a beginner once, and your better off learning form with low weight than fucking up with heavy weights.
quality over quantity user. you're gonna make it.

t-thanks brehs

k

The intimidation feeling goes away

I started lifting at like 14 and I was a chubby kid and I remembered I felt very intimidated by everyone because I barely knew how to lift. Now Im 18 and relatively fit so I just ignore the people around me. Just ignore that chad desu there is nothing more to add. Put your headphones and do your things.

The anxiety of that first day will forever keep me out of the gym and a skeletor

maybe I can get up to something Im not ashamed of by just doing a shitton of push-ups/sit-ups and pull-ups at home.

Ive been going to the gym an hour a day for the past three days and intend to keep it up until a hackathon in two weeks.

Am I supposed to be seeing results already? My body is usually sore from the workouts but that's all I've noticed so far.

And also how important is diet? My diet is pretty bad right now, but if i just start eating more vegetables and fruit but less junk food will i make gains faster?

Nigga watch rip's videos on art of manliness. He explains each lift very well. Now that you have done the lifts you will know specifically what to look out for. Keep these things in mind
>Position of feet
>Placement of hands on bar
>The path of the bar

>Ive been going to the gym an hour a day for the past three days
>Am I supposed to be seeing results already?
>three days
no

>And also how important is diet?
essential

>My diet is pretty bad right now
fix it

>if i just start eating more vegetables and fruit but less junk food will i make gains faster?
eat a caloric surplus and get lots of protein

read the sticky

>he's too dumb to be too intelligent to lift

>first gym day never because i'm a huge pussy

so, first gym day thread?
>get gym card with qt female friend
>she wants muscles for tricking, i do it for better Health.
>get there and warm up by treadmilling
>approach squat rack
>lurked fit so i know how to not be retarded
>still decide to ask a strong looking guy if we have good form
>instead he gives us the phd of squats and deadlifts
>gurl not too into it
>im learning so much
>he tells me to try 50 kg
>skeptic but i try
>do 5x5
>feelsgudman.jpeg
>deadlifts 45 kg 5x5
>gives us tips and tricks of how to proper form and breathing.
>tells me to get liftin shoes
>soon™
>end the workout after 40 mins cuz friend had to go
>thank the guy for his act of kindness
>"if there is ever anything you want to ask, just approach me, i train here x o clock x times a day.
>2 weeks passed and i havent seen him again
i can do 60 kg (lmao1pl8 3x5) so im definitelty stronger

if u read this philip god fucking bless you. we're all gonna make it but he already made it

(took place north of stockholm)

hey its me ur phillip

After my first time in the gym I nearly collapsed on the way to the showers. My whole vision turned grey and I fell down on the nearest bench. One muscular guy that came from the showers sat down next to me and asked if everything is alright. I nearly vomitted, while assuring him everything is OK.
After that i wasted 1 year of lifting on machines, until I got myself a homegym and had to start practically from the bottom.