/plg/ - powerlifting general

Enjoy it while it lasts

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2W8CN74_gCo
imgur.com/gallery/tCsdBh7
twitter.com/AnonBabble

other thread is not yet kill. Fuck off faggot, gas yourself

Can you powerlift while playing a contact sport?

contact sports generally require strength and above average musculature...

source?

did patrick ever came back?

s t o p

you really need to fix your positioning out the hole

not being a keyboard warrior twink

I don't feel like I'm advanced enough to do Diddy off of blocks and other variations on sheiko. Feel like I'd he better off just deadlifting. Should I just do 1x5 each session rpe 10?

Garagebro were you the one with an herniated disk?
Did you manage to fix it?

this was a year and a half ago

i dont know if its 100% fixed but im pain free and have hit prs since

i only pull from blocks

and if you want an rpe based programme do one, sheiko is %age based

Hit 97.5kg x10 paused bench today lads.
140 by the end of the year looking good

if you've never done blocks pulls then WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING SHEIKO?

I just feel I'm new enough to benefit from actually doing the motion more than pulling from blocks or on blocks or any other variation

currently halfway through 6x4 bench with 125kg, these low weights are so comfy right now

Would you mind explaining how you managed to lift pain free?Lots of stretching?

>I don't feel like I'm advanced enough to do Diddy off of blocks and other variations on sheiko.
What do you pull? And the idea that only people who can pull 300+ has the permission to do variations or assistance lifts is just minimalist propaganda from stupid people.

That said some people do feel that there's not enough ordinary deadlifts on sheiko, so if you do want to replace the variations with ordinary deadlifts you should make the sets of deadlifts equally as hard as the variations should have been.
So if you're scheduled to do 3*2 90% block pulls you can do 3*2 80-85% normal deadlifts.

then do a programme more suited to your experience level?

What do you bench? like 150-160?

mcgill lower back stability protocol
donnie thompson youtube series on decompression
lots of self release with lax ball and roller
sports massage and osteopath
switched to only block pulls to not get that bottom end range of motion where my back is most at risk

started with the bar and worked back up over 8 months

the day after i did it i could barely walk, saw a chiro who just wanted my money, he advised me not to lift again, i was lifting a week later, very light

I'm happy with the program with everything except deadlifts on sheiko. My dead is disproportionate to my other lifts

PR is 180
youtube.com/watch?v=2W8CN74_gCo

maybe listen to the coach who has decades of experience getting people really strong?

trust me, you do not know better

he lifts with the aid of steroids now

its practically impossible to bench under 200kg with steroids

I'm currently running the modified Hepburn routine (8x2 to 8x3). I want to run the C routine due to time constraints (5x3 to 5x5). Since the volume is almost the same, can I use the same weight I would use If I ran the old program with slighlty bigger rests to compensate for the more dense workload? Or would it be too much?

go to an untested meet, you are very wrong

in theory yes, but i wouldnt, your 2/3 reps are at a weight to allow stimulus but not too much form breakdown, using the same weight for 4/5 reps could reinforce sub optimal technique for reps 4 and 5, so 10 reps per session

But sheiko assumes the lifter has had adequate time spent deaslidting, I haven't. I should deadlidt and not do variations

well I know its not COMPLETELY impossible

but its possible if you are very bad

the amount of people who compete untested is really really small, competition is small and people are likely to be bad

put top IPF lifters on steroids and they would sweep top 20 slots in every weightclass, ateast

That's not how roids work mate.
I've only seen 1 guy bench over 180, and 5 over 140. I've seen/know a lot of people on roids at my gym.

id say % of 200+ benches at nationals is like 10?

bench in the UK is poor on the whole

yeah youre probably right on that one, some of the totals on no dose/low dose in the IPF are really bridging the gap

DO ANOTHER PROGRAMME THEN, youve answered your own question, you havent spent adequate time lifting to run it

>That slow descent
Doesn't that waste a lot of energy?
Looked very controlled otherwise

I have just not deadlifted like I said. Injury. Advanced lifter in every prospect other than deadlifts

What is the point of an SLDL?

there is none.

just do the sheiko programming for deadlifts

it's set up the way it is for a reason

the reason being if you do a high volume deadlift day one week and then try to do full deadlifts again next week you'll accumulate a little too much lower back fatigue and shit out your spine

the variations help fatigue management

do what you want, your lifts pal

id just come off an offseason block, hadnt done flat bench or gone heavier than 140 for 6 weeks, felt heavy out the rack so controlled the descent more to not get pinned

Thanks man,much appreciated

The routine I'm doing has some higher rep sldls but I'm just wondering about the benefits or differences to say and rdl?

Luke, is that you?

Uh, you're only happy because you're a novice and you could literally just walk into the gym and slap your dick on the wall for 15 minutes and you would probably make some decent gains.

You should probably listen to people who are more experienced...

>the variations help fatigue management

I disagree with this philosophy and believe that a week block of submaximal lifting to train the entire range of motion while focusing on form is much more agreeable. I'm not talking about a deload, I'm talking 60-70% with a few extra reps thrown in.

Also sheiko is a meme for fraudsters.

the variations help manage fatigue and also help address weak points

the diddy is not that technically complicated so doing variations pays dividends more than just hammering the base lift week in week out

>having weak points in your deadlift

neber gona lern, mang

what's your deadlift

505 (lbs) conventional

Sorry if I bother you again.
Did you train through the pain?
My pain originates from my erectors,very close to the spine(when I hyperextend) and radiates to the sides of my lower back (when coming out of the hole of a squat or when rotating the torso).

Reminder sheiko is a meme for no bench gains

>tfw gained 20 kgs on my bench since last december doing sheiko, while staying at the same bw, and taking unwanted "offseasons" due to uni
Yeah, no bench gains

thats probably not a disc herniation then

but the lower back stuff i suggested will still help, i did 1000s of hyperextensions too

i did train through the pain to a certain point, just pushing a little bit more each time, mine was nerve pain where the disc was pressing on the sciatic nerve so it hurt all down my leg too, my calf hamstring and glute actually switched off for a few weeks, i couldnt stand on my toes

yours just sounds like an erector strain

I have always been able to walk without problems and actually PR'd a couple of times because I ignored the pain.
I took a 3-4 week full time rest from squats/deadlifts two times this summer but the first day back it came back with lights sumo deads (I think).
I have some pain in my spine if I press one disk with my fingers,I'm getting xrays done next week because that's only what my doctor prescribed me so nowhere near to find if I really have an herniated disk.
Gonna visit a physio while I wait months for an MRI I guess.

bodorio how often do you incorporate back work on sheiko

just when programmed, or every session?

thats nearly a year old and i waived my third cause i almost blew out my shoulder, my technique was so bad, only training the pause 4 weeks out is not a good idea

but you learn from these things

Pretty impressive to add 40kgs in a year natural.
What sheiko are you running?

taking time off will only make it worse

even an mri could be of zero help

i saw a chiro/physo/osteo to get different opinions, the osteo was the best help, and found something else that would have inhibited my recovery

500kg reporting, should have done your variations

that was 155, i started pinning after that comp and pressed 180 in the summer

haha sheiko, good one

Oh so you just roided and didn't do any work for it... Alright I guess.

Uh roids doesn't offer any advantage and it just allows you to work harder ok no drugtests in the jungle

I do the program as its written. I feel like the hypothetical person the assistance stuff is written for is quite close to who I am.

I only replace sitting GMs with standing GMs

i was surprised if im honest, id battered volume for weeks, some sessions 8x8, so to hit a decent 1rm was a shock

Thanks man,I guess you're right about taking time off.
I can sometimes train almost pain free after a bit of warming up.
I did squats last friday and I was actually feeling a bit better saturday.I didn't have time to do my daily warmup/stretch routine on the weekend and I was in a lot of pain yesterday.

do you see any actual use to a safety squat bar? or is it just the stupid /plg/ meme of the month.

I've been using my gym's for GMs and it's kind of comfy, I guess.

I really really do

Anyone know any nice snacks high in protein but low in calories? I'm a manlet trying to lose some body fat but restricting calories is leading to an insufficient protein intake. In an ideal world I'd be eating meat and veggies a couple of times per day but unfortunately I can't prepare food during the day so I'm looking for smaller snacks I can easily take with me or eat in between bigger meals.

Also I'm continental European and we don't really have jerky but something along those lines (or homemade protein bars/cookies/pancakes/...) is what I'm looking for. A quick google search only gives me stuff made for bulking, using tons of milk/peanut butter/honey/nuts etc

It's Mike T's favorite specialty bar.

Plain Greek yogurt, canned tuna, cottage cheese (or quark since you're a euro), pocket eggs, etc

>or is it just the stupid /plg/ meme of the month.
Bingo

mealprep

I'm already mealprepping all my lunches, I eat warm meals twice a day but apart from those I still want to eat even when I don't have a stove or microwave available.

I CANT TAKE THIS ANYMORE IM SO SICK OF 2100 CALORIES A DAY ITS NOT ENOUGH AND ITS ONLY MAKING ME WEAKER AND TWINKIER BUT I WANT TO BE LEAN FUCK I COULD EAT THE WORLD

>Being on a deficit for an extended period of time claims another

Then eat more you dip.

Nah man it's legit

>is it just the stupid /plg/ meme of the month
It's the stupid meme of the year

>is it just the stupid /plg/ meme of the month.
It is but it has its place.

Hold strong
Also get some sleep

Meme of the month tBh

>the last 8 posts all have unique names
>Veeky Forums, the home of anonymous

>it has it's place

Do you think it can help with fixing my back rounding on squats and let me stay more upright by strengthening my thoracic erectors? Front squats are really good for that and it serves a similar purpose, right?

>Can't deadlift 400 lbs
>Cutting
Wew

>Nah man it's legit
A legit top-tier meme for sure

trips are to Veeky Forums as /plg is to /fit

Don't ask isley for squat help.

>twinklex
>happy(haino and trappy)
>panzer
>fat retard
>poutine
>lith
>benchbro
Oh what great high quality posts they have made, how could we survive without knowing their identities

I'm on 1500/day and i guarantee I'm bigger than you.
Cry me an ocean.

>benchbro
I don't see him here

That says wort

imgur.com/gallery/tCsdBh7

Possibly. But what is most important is repeated practice of good repetitions. For you, I'd suggest you set your RPE to the point of technical breakdown, such that if you were doing 3x5 @ 80%, and the last 2 reps of each set had any back rounding, you should only be doing 3 reps per set, and those would be "RPE10".

And after that, you could do some low intensity, low RPE Front squats or SSB stuff as assistance. If you were doing sheiko your main squats of the day would be comp style, and the second could be a front squat, or an SSB, with the same reps @8, say.

tl;dr yes it has its place, but the main focus has to be SQUATTING CORRECTLY. I don't think anyone will disagree with me here.

KAWAII DE SHOU NE

He's tripping as worhtlessbro now. Sometimes he takes his trip of to bully Isley or meme about shit.

So it's not BenchBro it's WorthlessBro because he no longer has a good bench due to Alex being a massive talent Chad and blasting him out of the water?

What is the origin of this meme of shaker cups being hard to clean? You don't even have to clean them, just rinse them out with hot water.

>So it's not BenchBro it's WorthlessBro because he no longer has a good bench due to Alex being a massive talent Chad and blasting him out of the water?
Nah, he became bad at bench when he started competing IPF because he couldn't bounce the bar and had to keep his ass and heels planted.

Beef jerky.