Mixed grip dl

I've been avoiding the mixed grip because I don't like the idea of asymmetric exercises but going over 3pl8 I'm finding my grip strenght to be the limiting factor. obviously I'm working on my grip strenght but in the meanwhile I think I should switched to mixed grip.

how does mixed grip work in practice? do you pick one side and go with it for the day? switch hands between sets? switch after reps? should I expect a momentary drop in my lifts as I change grips?

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com.au/itm/Heavy-Sports-Hand-Grippers-Grips-Grip-Metal-100-150-200-250-300-350lbs-/191695435701?var=&hash=item2ca1f037b5:m:mo0sJotf5AQbgcxzURndWJw
amazon.com/Heavy-Grips-Set-Strengthener-Professionals/dp/B000LLI9G0
amazon.co.uk/Heavy-Grips-Mens-Hand-Grippers/dp/B00A3KC4QU/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1474378898&sr=8-7
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I do 3x5 mixed-grip at 80% of my max and then 2x12 double-overhand at 60% of my max.

The only thing I'd say is be careful not to pull your arm up at the start of the rep, especially on the side with the inward facing Palm, I did it a couple times when I first started mixed-grip and it's a great way to fuck your shit up, make sure you keep that arm nice and straight.

Other than that there's not many differences between the two, I have friends deadlifting 250+kg and mix-grip all the time.

I pull with the same hand supinated every single time I deadlift anything over 4pl8, have been doing so for 3 years and have absolutely no imbalances.

Whatever minuscule, practically not noticeable imbalances that may arise are ironed out with accessory work. You may not be doing much of that for the moment being, but as you advance to where said asymmetry MIGHT become an issue, you most certainly will have needed to add accessories anyway.

However, there is no shame in training with straps either, for quite a few months I used straps in training unless I was testing my max.

You're not going to wake up with one arm massively bigger than the other unless all you fucking do is mix grip deadlifts and no other upper body exercises. Fucking paranoid retards listening to people fucking with you.

Currently at 4pl8 deadlift, this is how it goes - 135 warmup = overhand, 225 warmup = overhand, 315 warmup = overhand, 405 = mixed one way, rest, mixed other way, 315 cooldown = mixed one way, switch grip no rest to mixed other way, 225 until failure = overhand.

Which hand which way? And which is the dominate one?
I'm not worried about aesthetic imbalance retard.

What grip are you currently using?

I think I'll try this

Double overhand. Up until 315 it feels like I could hold on all day but after that it feels like I'm losing my grip each second.

Try hook grip then.

hmm maybe I'll give that a shot too. I never liked the idea of jamming my thumb in there though.

I don't have any super-pro advice, just a little story: I resisted mixed grip for the first 1.5 years of lifting for various reasons. Last session I finally tried it, and added 4 reps to my heavy working set. Shit is cash, south's highly recommend. My pan is to switch the underhand arm week to week.

I'm right-handed, I supinate my left hand every time and have for years.

For me, it is essential that my pull is exactly the same every time, as far as it is possible.

I never understood this meme. Straps cost $10. If your grip doesn't progress as fast as your deadlift then it just doesn't. Go to failure and then put the straps on. If you deadlift 315 with straps RDL 225 without straps, or do weighted chins without straps or do hack squats with a barbell, or do high rep rack pulls, or do shrugs, or do cleans, or do cable rows and go heavy, or do farmer's carries, or just plain and simple pick up a barbell with 3 plates on it and hold it to failure and repeat 3 times. There are 101 ways to train grip but only one way to train deadlift.

now that we're on the topic of training grip strenght do these captain of crush meme grippers work?

I have no place to try them out IRL so I'm kinda hesitant to order one online because I have absolutely no clue which one to get. If 315 is my DL grip limit what could be a good estimate for a starting place? I don't want to waste my money on ones that are just way too easy.

Using mixed grip has such a small effect on muscle imbalances that any other pulling you do will correct any imbalances from mixed grip.

Grippers are great, I picked up a set of 100, 150, 200 and 250 grippers when I bought more plates. Didn't take me too long to go from a few reps on the 100 to 10-12. They're a bit annoying to use and uncomfortable in general but they get the job done. I wouldn't buy that brand though, just because I don't like their memey numbers and infographics. Seems like a dumb shill.

For me, it was painful for the first few times I did it, but now that I'm used to it I wouldn't recommend anything else.

I've used mixed grip for 10 years without switching hands. No injuries in deadlift ever. Biceps and back muscles look the same on each side. 6 plates all day.

>2015+1.75
>doing deadlifts

these are pretty much the only brand I've seen here that offer actual resistance unlike the plastic crap you find at some supermarket.
>Didn't take me too long to go from a few reps on the 100 to 10-12.
Do you have any idea how your grip strenght was then? DL maybe? I've always had freakishly large forearms even when I was out of shape.

When I got them I was deadlifting about 3 plates mixed grip with no trouble. I usually switched after 3 or 4 warmup sets between 1pl8 and 2.5pl8, so at least 5 reps with 2.5pl8 plus some fatigue beforehand.

hmm ok though I can't really compare to that because I've been doing double overhand. maybe I'll try out the #1 140lbs it's called #1 after all

How much are they? I bought mine for $10 each.

>2015+1.75
>.75

like 40€ so on my student budget I'd like to make sure I get some use out of them

I do a 5x5 deadlift, I do double overhand for the first set, mixed grip A, mixed grip B, mixed grip A, mixed grip B

> i have friends

>lying on the internet

No way nigga, that's a crazy rip-off. I bought mine in a store and I'm an ausfag which makes everything expensive down here plus our currency is worth shit all right now.

ebay.com.au/itm/Heavy-Sports-Hand-Grippers-Grips-Grip-Metal-100-150-200-250-300-350lbs-/191695435701?var=&hash=item2ca1f037b5:m:mo0sJotf5AQbgcxzURndWJw

Look around. Search power grippers. There are two popular brands that people on Veeky Forums talk about but I forget their names.

straps cunt

amazon.com/Heavy-Grips-Set-Strengthener-Professionals/dp/B000LLI9G0

Literally all you'll ever need and it only costs 50 burgers. Don't fall for stupid meme shills.

amazon.co.uk/Heavy-Grips-Mens-Hand-Grippers/dp/B00A3KC4QU/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1474378898&sr=8-7

this seems like a decent deal. they pack in 3 consecutive sizes (150,200,250 for example) for 45€ including postage (ouside UK)

Now I haven't finished my maths degree just yet, but I'm pretty sure 6 for 50 usd is cheaper than 3 for £30

Sorry, this item can't be shipped to your selected address. Learn more. You may either change the shipping address or delete the item from your order.

Do your own research then mang. Look for local fitness shops, especially ones owned by Asians. Asians always have the best prices. The one you found is okay but if I were you I'd feel salty about paying more than £7.50 per gripper, 10 at the most.

I've looked at the local shops and they all carry only the plastic crap and the CoC (probably because of the profit margin)

maybe try hook grip

anyway I'll order the set of 3 as soon as my government buxxx come in later this week :^)

Have you looked for not-so-local fitness shops? I drive 45 minutes halfway across Sydney to the warehouse I bought my weights and grippers from. Everything is paid for online.

I've checked all the ones with a website which is most of them. 45€ for three isn't that bad for me

Well if you're too lazy to look through amazon for non flashy brands, go for it. I'm just saying you can eat 2 scoops a day for 2 weeks with the money you'll save.

meh no better deals in the first 15 pages of search results

what other lifts aid in the progression of deads?

Rack pulls, RDLs, SLDLs, depending on your weaknesses.

Good mornings, GHR, deadlift variations

probably lifts that focus on the muscles that are your weak points in deadlifting