/braingainz/

so Veeky Forums, what are you doing today to keep from being a stereotypical stupid meathead?

also,

>Veeky Forums approved reading.

Anyone have experience with The Prince by Machiavelli? Had it hand my hand at a bookstore but didn't follow through with the purchase.

Other urls found in this thread:

cfd2012.com/cfd-mandatory-reading-list.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

that first read of the day

I'm trying to learn Unity
I used to be really good at C# in uni, probably top of my class, but it's only been a year and I seen to have forgotten it completely
Oh well I'm sure it'll come back quick enough

Starting to do some reading about chess theory. That's a game that I'd love to be decent at.

Would recommend reading The Prince, but also learn about the circumstances in The Vatican around the time of its writing. Really interesting stuff.

When /g/ meets Veeky Forums

Finishing up some wind energy design homework and heat transfer homework. Then meeting with my graduate economics project group and senior design group.

Gonna be fuuuuuunnnnn

Tomorrow I'm doing pretty much the same plus part time work at an engineering firm.

Its kind of slowing my physical gains

People always assume I'm really good a chess but I'm above average at best.

I had a 420blazeit frat brother in uni would would wipe the floor with me match after match. So fucking degrading.

Always studying networking related topics since it's my field. But in my personal time, I enjoy reading about history and occult topics like Western Mystery Tradition.

fagop here.

my two favorite non-academic subjects to read about are serial killers (profiling, history, victimology, etc) and historical medical procedures that are absurdly outdated like the lobotomy and shit like that.

Breh i made wind turbines at college, great stuff
Pic related
That book is on my reading list for CFD proficiency
cfd2012.com/cfd-mandatory-reading-list.html

Last 2 months i went over full math of elementary, middle and highschool.
Then i did first 2 years of engineering math stuff, and now im doing multivariable calculus

Meanwhile reading books like Starting Strength, How to read a great book, Intelligent Investor Meditations, Rational male..etc. Last 2 years ive red more books than ever before. feels good

i havent learned anything in about a month. i was trying to learn ruby on rails but havent opened sublime in weeks. same with music and books. i havent opened my DAW or a book or touched my guitar in a while.

berate me into getting shit done Veeky Forums

It's free online, any book that's past copyright is.

If you want to read the Prince, I'd recommend picking up "Machiavelli: Philosopher of Power" by Ross King. Its a nice supplement that greatly informs the Prince (and neatly dispels the dumb 'the Prince is satire' meme).

will check it out, thanks.

I'm a sucker for a physical book though. Most of my forensic pathology texts are in PDF. I'd love to have them on my bookshelf, but sadly they're like up to $700 each because A, medicine and B, textbook industry.

Pretty dope. I'm trying to do a cross class project between my economics and wind energy course. Pretty much a feasibility study for my economics class, while in the wind class analyzing the wind properties and potential amount of energy generation at a certain site.

Do you have any professional experience in the field? It's something I can see myself getting into.

>Anyone have experience with The Prince by Machiavelli?

I've read it and it was informative about the maintenance of the power of the state. Try to get a copy that is bundles with Discourses on Titus Livy, also by Machiavelli. This is Machiavelli's thesis on the ideal form of government which is one that incorporates republican values. I think this is the first major work to mention checks and balances within government which is expanded on by enlightenment era moral philosophers.

You should definitely read those two works by Machiavelli. They aren't long and they are written simply so you shouldn't struggle with the reading. While accessible they are also informative which means everyone should read them.

Am I right in the idea that making mental gains is about learning things as you need to, in relevance to where you are or what you are immediately interested in? Having to pair this alongside being well rounded in aspects of health, humanity, athleticism, creativity, logic, and learning.

yeah you're not wrong.

I just think there are certain things that every well rounded person should know and concern themselves with. Many of these things I myself, am lacking.

All knowledge can be beneficial in s certain situation even if you're not an expert on the subject. Why limit yourself to just one niche of information?

>read non-fiction for 30 minutes per day (usually more)
>program for 2 hours every day
>meditate

that's all i got right now

oh just some mathematical induction

reading the prince is literally 'fun hobby'-tier

what's that cfd website? Sounds right up my alley. Will be starting mechanical engineering next year. Do some programming on the side >Intelligent investor
>Rational male
Ma redpilled nigga

Math and science are the oly lifts of brain gainz. Get on khan Academy and relearn all the math you forgot and keep learning until the end of the calc courses. Do the assignments and tests and master that shit.
Go over chemistry, physics, and bio. It's about high school-early college level but there's a lot to learn.

When you're done with that, hit up the programming section and learn to code.

After all this, and while you're learning, your brain will rewire itself to be better at logic and critical thinking. Fucking makes you feel amazing.

Yo same, what chapter are you on?

I'm doing 26 as I type this shit.