Are these a form of exercise?

Are these a form of exercise?
> hiking
> "exploring the outdoors"
> mountain biking
> normal biking
> walking

I know a 3 girls who don't go to the gym because it's unnatural, but instead do natural activities outdoors. What do you think? They're average/chubby so I'm not inclined to believe them

That shit is great exercise, but they look like shit because they don't count cals/macros

Of course they are. Pretty enjoyable to do too with other people.

Those girls seem like good gf material. Not even being ironic.

Definitely are, but they probably do it like 2 times a week for a couple hours at most.
Lying fats

I would consider that NEPA (non-exercise physical activity)

Great for increasing NEAT (non-exercise activity thermogenesis)

Terrible for inducing adaptive responses to training stimuli

Even the chubby ones?

maybe I could get them to eat lower calorie natural foods

Scratch that, if they mountain bike HARD it might be exercise

I doubt they go hard, though

Yeah honestly if you aren't working out at least 8 hours a day 7 days a week you're a casual fatso.

NEPA can be done all day every day.

But that's pretty good.

/fit
> gym 5x a week for 1 hour = 5 hours per week

hiking girls
> hiking 2x a week for 3 hours = 6 hours per week

It's the same commitment

>training 5x a week
Bitch i do 3x (60-90 mins at most)

The difference is i do hours of NEPA (walking, cycling, physical tasks, etc) every day, and anaerobic cardio 3x a week.

Eh. You're right. They probably eat like shit then? I never really believe what girls say though. They're full of shit.

Or maybe 6 hours NEPA doesnt compare to 3 hours heavy fucking fullbody resistance training? Especially in trainees that absolutely might have more than 6 weekly hours of NEPA?

Also they can eat healthy, and still eat a caloric surplus

Hell yes they're exercise. You need to treat them as such, though. Doesn't mean they can't be a blast.
I chop wood in the winter when I already have a surplus just to work on my obliques, serratus, and forearms.
Canoe paddling is amazing for romboids, erectors, and anterior delts.

I met my fiance on the hiking trail. It beats tinder and other social networking media - think of it as a screening for the personality you'd be attracted to. They already have a passion for the things you do and you know you can share in it. Super important to have common interests.

These are all recreational activities, like going to the movies or a concert. Not to be confused with working out.

They're fun to do but don't neglect tour weights

I agree with this. Mindset prior to these activities is essential. When I bike, I'm biking to work my quads and cardio. Hiking is all about my hip drive and stabilizers. Sounds absurd, but if you don't think of it as a workout, it will be nothing but NEPA - a leisurely stroll that you're pretending is a workout. Good thought, user.

Come canoeing with me. You'll get a shoulder pump.

Keep away from fat girls. They usually are insecure and emotional. They'll fuck your shit up senpai

You CAN make them an exercise. You CAN make anything an exercise if you do it vigorously enough.

Fact is, most scientific literature defines walking and cycling as NEPA.

Casually walking up a hiking trail =\= exercise.

I am sure when you go, you go hard.
I am also sure that when these lazy bitches go, they do not

you two are a bunch of nerds lol

We'll have a great time and get shoulder pumps for sure. That doesn't mean I won't hold you accountable to doing your shoulder lifts that week bruv.

>not being scientifically literate, swole, and autistic

THE WORST NERDS

I won't fail you

To be fair exercise =\= training =\= resistance training.

Otherwise crossfit would be more than just "exercise"

>believing what women rambles out
Veeky Forums is fucking beta board

Are you some sort of nerd sympathizer?

Absolutely a nerd. Wouldn't be in med school if I wasn't. My time is important, so if I can double up on leisure/exercise I will. 2 birds 1 pl8.

>women rambles out

u wot

And I'll be there to spot you, and then we can go to a local spot and find some lucky slam pieces to take to pound town. /wingman

no homo

protip: get a Veeky Forums approved dog. Instant wingman.

DO NOT date overweight people unless you are.
Reason being they will almost always consider you to be either a chubby chaser or will have image issues.

Fit Guy
Bench 160kg

Def no homo

Like pic releted?

Dogger dump

Look at this fucking savage in the middle of the river chasing ducks

Fuck yes. Fine looking mutt. Looks like a belgian malinois mix/ lab mix?

That is awesome.

was told he was half besenji, had his dna checked and he's malinois/pitt bull.

Fittbull

das rite mane

It's actually fantastic exercise.
You see, there's something you should know.
The vast VAST majority of your calories are burned just from your body doing regular shit.
10% are burned from simply eating.
The rest?
Activity.
Want to know something?
People who fidget everyday and get up off their ass and move for hours at a time and rarely sit still?
They burn thousands of calories a day. THOUSANDS on just that alone.

Those healthy activities are a fantastic way for them to get fit and burn some extra calories, and if they do it for hours at a time then they'll do fantastic.

BUT they're probably still BIG because they eat trash food and well over their calroic needs.

My tactical hound. Bluetick/foxhound/beagle mix. Holds my phone and keys when we run the horse trails.

Just look at dem dog-pecs.

>most calories are burnt through NEAT.
>therefore NEAT is exercise

By definition non-exercise activity thermogenesis doesnt come from exercise

No, i am some sort of nerd

look at that madman. you can see the stoic loyalty in his eyes. Like he'd take a bullet for you. Hunt with him?

Only if you do it in intense, concentrated amounts that will actually affect your BMR

not lounging around the wilderness for a couple of hours a week

Rabbit fiend. He becomes a different dog when he sees a rifle in my hand.

30 minutes of activity in a gym doesn't burn as many calories as walking around a forest for 4 hours.

Ahh, truly man's best friend.

we'd make great friends broski

yeah and normal fit people spend around 4-6h a week in the gym. unless you are a neet who lives in the woods that is gonna be hard to achieve.

Yes that is exercise.