Wedding

What did weddings in the west look like prior to the most recent consumerist destination weddings?
What did rings look like before spending 3 months pay on a ring was common place?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_Beers
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfred_Beit
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernest_Oppenheimer
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

My parents went to the registry office then they had coffee with their parents. I know many couples from that generation who had similar weddings.

Lots of alcohol everywhere basically unless you were a muslim.

>bolsheviks

Wasn't the whole diamond ring schtick made up by jewelry and diamond companies to make huge amount of profits from people?

Jews in other words.

Jewelry being used in wedding is ancient as our species itself.

Jews are a 20th century invention. Prior to that they were simply israelites.

Jewery is pretty expensive.

Much more traditional (duh) wedding dresses and jewelry were passed down from generations. Lots of Alcohol. Put the bride and groom to bed
Just seemed like a lot of fun desu

>ywn never attend a folk wedding from ye olde days

Yup, also remember that diamonds are basically worthless and the only reason why they seen a luxury item is because of jewish diamond cartel.

Here (argieland) they use simple twin gold rings with the names engraved, no diamonds or things like that. Was surprising to know that more elaborated stuff was the norm for USA.

>What did weddings in the west look like prior to the most recent consumerist destination weddings?

I mean, how far back are we talking? And what class level? There's a difference between an 18th century wedding between 2 people from a struggling community in colonial Virginia and a socialite wedding in 1920s New York.

Modern weddings are bastardized Upper class Victorian weddings

Everything in gross excess is the norm in our country.

Basically. I sell engagement rings and don’t bullshit people. Diamonds are overpriced rocks and an IRL forced meme.

Shit, my wife got a sapphire and was happy as fuck.

But the guy's ring is a basic one?

not that guy, amerifag here talking about our excessive traditions.

Diamonds are boring as fuck desu, dunno what's the apeal when you have things like amethyst, ruby, emerald, etc.

De Beers told that they\re great. That is all that there is to it.

not true

properly faceted diamonds are incredible

Weird spin of words considering Israel is a 20th century creation. And I wasn't meneing, Jews are behind the global diamond trade.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_Beers
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfred_Beit
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernest_Oppenheimer