Did reddit beat Veeky Forums at building a good beginner program for aesthetics?

Did reddit beat Veeky Forums at building a good beginner program for aesthetics?

>no retarded amount of lower body volume
>still doing compounds at low reps
>AMRAP sets for fun
>just one, but effective, supersetting
>people will start commenting on your size soon enough

If they are retarded, how did they beat us? This is great for the beginner-intermediate that just wants to look good. Instead, we suggest starting strength or greyskull lp.

>ppl

>program for aesthetics
>good

Way too many lateral raises. Like, why?

Also, switching between deadlifting and rowing doesn't make much sense. Why not keep deadlifts on legs and do another row type on pull?

>Doing PPL as a beginner natty

Lmfao. Hitting muscle groups twice a week is retarded as a beginner. You can train way more

yeah they should alternate DL and Romanian DL on leg days and add in chin ups or pull ups on pull days.

PHUL is a better routine anyway for intermediates

>AMRAP at beginner or untrained

yeah all 3 of those pushups are really helping

AMRAP is for muscular endurance stop

Too bad they will still look worse

The "author" said that lateral deltoids responds well to very big volumes, also lateral raises are not exercises where you can go heavy so you may as well go super high reps. Since it's supersetting with the whole triceps routine it's not like it's gonna take a shitload of time.

About the deadlift/rowing debate, I agree. I kinda like the proposal.

you can train full body 3x a week, but you will not look decent at the end of your linear progression. With this, you will be weaker but look better. It's all about priorities

pplpplx is probably the best way to train for size as a natural.

not everybody wants to compete in powerlifting contests. at each its own

I really like the idea behind PHUL and PHAT. But as you say, that's more for mid-intermediates.

AMRAP is for faster progressing in case you started from a weight which is too light. it's also good for building that good awareness of fatigue in the beginner. you are GOING TO fail, no matter what. but you can control and experience it.

I don't think so, this routine will provide better size gains. It's kind of logical too, since the more time spent in the gym (provided the guy is eating and not doing retarded things)

AMRAP isn't totally bad

>You can train full body 3x a week but you will not look decent at the end

What the fuck makes you say that, retard?

You certainly will be stronger and bigger than some guy doing 20 different exercises a week with baby weights. It's retarded.

The Point of beginner training is building a base. You need to get strong in general and learn to use your muscles to move weight.
Doing 6 exercises for chest with 10lb dumbbells wont get you anywhere ever

>What the fuck makes you say that, retard?

Because hypertrophy responds to volume, and this routine have way more weekly volume.

I actually just ended this program after about nine months of lifting it does actually show a beginner the importance of linear progression and compound lifting. I went from 145lbs to 165 with all of my lifts essentially doubling even though I know that it was majorly just noob gainz. Only complaint with this PPL program is that it really didn't train arms as much as I'd like and I think that it should add more volume as you progess.

There's not only sarcoplasmic hypertrophy, you know

Also getting strong will help you with hypertrophy later. A good base will aide you strongly in whatever you do.

And to add to this one of my good buddies started SS right around the same time that I started PPL and I've gained a lot more in comparison to him (we eat the exact same food too)

Nice.

Any previous lifting experience prior to this one? Ever trained for pure strength like SS / SL / GreyskullLP?
What about the mirror, do you look drastically better?

Also man, I don't know, there are already 32 sets of arms in a week. Doing more than this feels crazy. Your arms should have blown up anyway in 9 months of this.

I don't know if you guys are retarded or not but I'm pretty sure it's literally 120% impossible to have a small chest if you go from benching half a plate to 3 plates with the same form.

Or to have small lats if you go from barely doing 1 chin up to doing sets of 10 with a plate added.

Or to have small traps if you deadlift 6 plates.

On the other hand, it's definitely possible to be small if you do 9 sets of pulldowns and end up only doubling your strength in 3 years.

>There's not only sarcoplasmic hypertrophy, you know

I don't know man, to this day the scientists doesn't seem too convinced on the sarcoplasmic/myofibrillar separation. Some swear for it, some swear against it.

I agree that a strength base can be useful, but I think the concept is way too stretched here. That said, this routine still train 6 compounds a week for strength.

It's not stretched.

It's just logical for a complete beginner.

I agree with you but I prefer bodybuilding style of training to strength training. I know I would be stronger if I followed a full body strength training routine, but I just don't enjoy it. Would rather do one heavy compound exercise followed by isolations 6x per week so that's what I do. Might not be optimal but at least I enjoy it enough that I show up every day and train hard.

>AMRAP sets for fun
You're a fucking retard.

it will work but there is no need to train 5-6 days per week as a beginner. You are just wasting time at that point.

>I don't know if you guys are retarded or not but I'm pretty sure it's literally 120% impossible to have a small chest if you go from benching half a plate to 3 plates with the same form.

I understand your point but I believe you took an awful example. The chest doesn't seem to respond that well by just barbell bench, even if very heavy. DB work is almost mandatory, and cables have their place too.

About the pullups, this routine does include them.

A lot of studies to this day have clarified the role of volume in creating hypertrophy: it's crucial. This doesn't mean you shouldn't do your thing of course, or that you will have no effects whatsoever. But if somebody steps in the gym with the only idea in mind of getting bigger, he should eat and train for a fuckton of volume.

Apart from some P.E. class in high school I was a skelly for most of my life. I'm moving towards more strength related periodization programs now because I'm pretty happy with my current physique (maybe gain 5-10lbs?) but I found with the arm workouts that yes you do them very commonly but after your workout they never really burned like your chest/back/legs would. I'd highly recommend the PPL program for a beginner just because it goes through all the basic lifts that a newbie in the gym should learn while giving them the exact results that they want.

>Up to 120 reps of lateral raises per push workout

Depends on how you do bench. You have to arch hard but instead of cutting ROM by lowering the bar to the bottom of your chest you lower the bar as high as you comfortably can without spreading your elbows too far out. Either that or just do decline bench at a very slight decline, but I haven't found a decline I like yet.

If you enjoy it that's great man. For most people, the light weights are just annoying and it's easy to move the weight up too fast and end up tired and in pain even if your form is good.

Wait, this is a beginner program?

Holy shit what

you are a fucking dyel spouting broscience

Just because it worked somewhat does NOT MEAN IT WAS OPTIMAL! understand that? You are just a sample size of one. There are people out there that have seen 100s of beginners grow and the majority have the consensus that a fullbody strength based routine is the best way for beginners to go for the first 6 months or so.

Stop misleading newbies with your shit.
Show us your body and lifts

Cut facepulls and make the cable rows wide grip. Otherwise it's good.

>With this, you will be weaker but look better. It's all about priorities
Yeah bro, just like all those horrid looking natties running shit dumbbell dominant accessory routines at your local 24 hour gym. They all look great don't they? Train like your on gear except don't do gear, fucking brilliant.

No bro, my anecdotal evidence on an anonymous message board is total the rule

The man is just doing its thing, you really shouldn't take this (or any other argument) about fitness this seriously.

Somebody could contest your point with the picture of zach. sure, he was training OPTIMALLY for strength. but did he optimally train for size? for looks? Zach is competing now, which makes sense after the only strength training. but the guy here will never compete, he wants other things in life. spending months and months squatting and deadlifting wasn't just the right thing for him.

Just stop. The program is good. It's higher frequency lower intensity and the volume is split up.

It's not some crazy 10 exercise per day roider program, it's just a lazy beginner program for lazy beginners. Exercises like arm work and lat raises aren't even counted in 3 day programs but most people do them anyway.

why's that? right now facepulls have a lot of credit for pre-hab rotator cuff exercise, do you think otherwise?

Are you implying that barbells are mandatory to look good? I don't suggest this by any means, but you could look fucking jacked just by machines only man. Barbells have no magical powers, the people plagued by fuckingarounditis would never achieve something even with barbell training for the rest of their lives.

>The only way to do ss is to become a fatass like Zack

Don't you understand that you aren't suppose to bulk beyond 15%?

I never said that you have to get fat when I said doing a strength orientated program for 6 months is best.
>he wants other things in life
sure do some sub-optimal beginner routine for your first year I don't give a fuck but don't try and convince others that they should too.

>lazy beginner program for lazy beginners
6 days a week. 1-1.5 hours a day doesn't sound very lazy to me.

What about this one then?

A program for aesthetics iscalled a diet plan, you fucking botched abortion.

This one feels totally shit to me. 3 amrap twice a week?

Every overhead press variation is a rotator cuff exercise. It's one of the reasons why good old rip likes it so much and doesn't include much rowing. Wide grip rows work rotator cuffs anyway. The difference is they build more mass than facepulls and target the exact same muscles.

Normal rows have a lot of overlap with pulldowns, makes no sense to do rows right after pulldowns, might as well do a variation that has a separate, equally important goal of building trap and upper back mass, rather than putting unnecessary stress on the lats and then having to do facepulls to make up for the reduced upper back focus.

If it takes you 1.5 hours to do that you're really resting for too long.

5 exercises, 3 of which are light 1-2 minute rest work.

Push day:
20 minute main movement, 3 minute rests
10 minutes secondary movement, 2 minute rests or so.
10 minutes incline press, 90 second rests
10 minutes each superset with generous 90 second rests.

Not even an hour.

Sorry to have upset you but seeing as I have tried the program first hand for a long time I thought I would be capable to telling my experience with PPL I guess that I am a dyel spouting broscience.
I started in January and took July and August off because I was volunteering at a special needs camp (maybe you go there?) My lifts went from
Bench: 75lbs to 185lbs
Squat: 95lbs to 245lbs
Diddly: 135lbs to 315lbs
These are sets of five reps I don't know why you want a picture of my body but if you need more wank material I suggest using grindr or an app similar to that.

Eating nice will not get your muscle bigger without exercise

>weak as fuck after a year
>no body pic
as expected.

I don't want a pic of your dyel body to wank over, just to confirm that 'lifting for aesthetics' is a meme for beginners

Pretty stupid shit. Also everyday is bench day apparently. I'm sorry but if you can't even manage every other day, and have to do axbxcxx shit, that's just sad.
I feel like I've seen better takes on ppl on bodybuilding.com. overall ppl is a fairly decent program for beginner-intermediate though. I wouldn't say they "beat us", at the end of the day we're all faggots in the gym, Veeky Forums or reddit.

Yeah but all you have to do is lift at that point. SS, Doggcrapp, PPL 6day, full body all day 3 day. You just lift or, ideally, play a sport for actual well rounded training. Unless you're trying to leave humanity behind but then why would you stay natty?

fine then. Lets see your fat ass

I don't understand why you are so angry but really it was six months of real lifting and I'm happy with my progress perhaps you'd like to share your program and 'body shots' so we can all learn from your god-tier aesthetics.

I never understood the supersetting thing, I do it but it limits me to many less reps because my arms are pretty tired by that point.

Thread's about getting aesthetic, which i assume just means "nice looking and/or attractive; pleasing to the eye". You don't need big muscles to be aesthetic. Just lean and fit i.e. neither fatty nor skelly. Maybe we define "aesthetic" differently?

How much do you weigh?

>gives advice on how to look aesthetic AFTER ONLY 6 MONTHS WORKING OUT WOW
>doesn't give pic

Its just annoying how many faggots that are out there that give confident advice yet don't know anything.
'aesthetics' is largely due to body fat anyway.

here is me, bigger, stronger and more aesthetic than you after a year

>EIGHTEEN different exercises
>beginner program

Literally everyone has seen your face.

Bigger, stronger, more aesthetic and also posts on Veeky Forums for hours on end. Sorry buddy, his strength progress is actually quite good if those stats are real.

kek

Compare r/bodybuildings mirin mondays to our cbts and you will change your opinion

R/fitness is garbage though

What routine?

>posts on Veeky Forums for hours on end
oops

SL into my own push pull now doing canditos 6 week strength program

actually we have very similar looks I'm surprised it's taken you so long to look like that really I'll see about getting a body shot of my own I don't normally take pictures in the mirror its a bit narcissistic.

Sorry buddy, his strength progress is actually quite good if those stats are real.
Thanks a lot! Yes they are I don't really know how to prove them but I guess I can swear on my dog because I fckn love that pupper

>can't green text
>buddy
>pupper
>ppl

>reddit

kek not the guy you're talking too but
>training for aesthetics
>taking pictures is narcissistic

something doesn't add up

All you motherfucker bash every program.
Is this a gimmick to discourage new lifters?
And apparently training for aesthetic is shunned when in reality its the main reason the majority of people start lifting.

>If they are retarded
>dead lifting on pull
yup they are retarded

there's nothing to prove supersetting has anything beneficial
AMRAP are a great way to not progress, I did them for over a year
>people will start commenting on your size soon enough
wow just like every other meme workout claims

PPL is not beginner fuckwad, doesn't matter how many reps you do if you bench sub 1pl8 once a week

there's nothing wrong with training for aesthetics but a complete beginner doing a brosplit or a 6 day PPL is not optimal. That's all we are saying

Been doing this program for about 6 months now, and it's really all about how hard you're willing to go and how rigorous your diet is. I lean bulked and upped my deadlift exponentially. Arms get really juicy if you hit them hard and keep pushing the progressions.

are you kidding man?
>well below 2 plate bench
>little over 2 plate squat
>lmao 3 plate deadlift

For working out 6 times a week for a year?
I'd want my time and money back kek

The program is alternating. It says ABC but is really ABA and you aren't supposed to bench everyday. You do bench on Monday then ohp Wednesday then bench Friday while the next week is ohp Monday and so on. It's the same as SS or SL.

Those are 5rms.

That's easily a 3.5pl8 deadlift, 280 squat and 210ish bench.

Well into intermediate territory for anyone that isn't permabulking on SS at 20% bf. Those numbers plus lean after a year = great progress for anyone. If his form is good then he probably looks good.

why? theres still compound lifts of bench, squat, ohp, deadlift, row, and pull-ups twice a week.

what is so wrong with that?

>program for aesthetics
>beginner

>the same sentence

I don't get novices who go "I LIFT FOR AESTHETICS"

Do you really think that when you can lift heavy weight that you will look twinky and gross?

Beginners who do this stay beginners as they wonder why they don't have huge pecs after benching 135lbsx8 for a year.

because you won't make progress.

Are you on gear? No? Then train only a few times a week.

You don't need bicep curls when you do pull ups as a novice. You don't need lunges when you squat as a novice.

You don't need "I googled these exercises and they look cool" when you do compounds as a novice.

You're so weak and skinny that just doing squats or bench makes your squat and bench go up.

High volume is only meant for advanced lifters because just doing a squat won't make them squat more.

>he probably looks good.
he still hasn't shown a pic of his aesthetic body. It doesn't really matter if he does because what this guy said is what I'm talking about

because beginners grow on anything. That's why its called 'noob gains' because you can still grow no matter what the fuck you're doing.
you will make gains on a PPL or a split but it proabably isn't optmal.
Eric helms can explain it better than I can

>Beginners do best training their bodies frequently because they aren’t yet able to do so much damage that they require a lot of recovery. They also grow quickly and their physiques are ready to put on size. Research has shown that muscle recovers and is ready to be trained again in 24-48 hours, that only one or two sets is needed for beginners to grow maximally and that beginners don’t have the capacity yet to truly put themselves in a recovery hole. So, what makes the most sense is a full body split for a beginner, a setup that is low on volume per session, and is done three times per week on either a M/W/F setup or a T/Th/Sa setup.

tldr you are wasting time on your 6 day ppl as a beginner

>either a M/W/F setup or a T/Th/Sa setup.
oh fuck, I'm going Su/T/Th am I missing out on gains?

>beginners do best training their bodies frequently

>SS
Bench 3 times per 14 days, 9 sets
>Le reddit PPL
Bench 4 times per 14 days, 16 sets

talking to you fags is a waste of time. Just carry on doing your splits and spending 10 hours a week at the gym for minimal gains at 1.5 plate bench / 2 plate squat after one year and spin your wheels for another.

Fuck yea dude you're fucked you will never hit 1/2/3/4 like that and you already wasted all your noob gains

I actually did hypertrophy meme workout for a year and was weak shit afterwards, switched to SL and I say it's superior, it was just a joke bro
fug

I do 5/3/1, I'm just making fun of your flawed logic.

>all these dogshit unbalanced routines still being memed full force four years later
Read practical programming
Full body AxAxAxA will serve you to 1/2/3/4 and beyond if you don't do memetines like everything in this thread

So when to transition from Stronglifts to PPL intermediate routine?

I am 130 lbs 6'0" and my goal weight is 190lbs or so.

Should I just keep going till 1/2/3/4?

when your lifts are intermediate, see symmetricstrength

Look for aesthetics though. I don't really wanna strength train after I build a base.

>Veeky Forums is more than one person

Gasp!

sorry man I got triggered by people trying to mislead newbies.

>SL or SS
Press/bench
9-15 sets a week (mainly 5 reps)
>reddit meme routine
11 sets per week (with mainly 8-12 reps)

>one of these routines is 6 days per week and the other is 3.

you don't have to. But your strength should still be increasing gradually as you are gaining size as a natty. Lyle macdonalds generic bulking routine, canditos 6 week or PHUL are good options

How shit is this?

(A) Bench 5X5
OHP 5X5
Squat 5X5
Lat Raise 4X8
Incline dumbbell 4X8

(B) Deadlift 1X5
Pull ups
lat pulldown
bicep curl

ABxABxx

I'm a novice., this routine is the one that actually gets me to go to the gym. I never stayed motivated on SS

could be much better but not the worst thing ever. Check out candito's linear program for strength and hypertrophy. its kinda similar but much better

Post body or shut the fuck up

This is fine if you keep going and progressing

Sorry this was meant for

This program is perfect for boring people to death

SS bored me to death

Nah I'm good. By all means keep hitting arms and chest 70% more than your legs while managing to have almost no push to pull balance though, I'm sure it's gonna turn out great.

>he wants other things in life
So uhhh just cut?

Oh. Okay, sorry. I guess I couldn't into reading. To be fair though they laid it out like shit.

So why does this routine do 5x5 Bench/OHP one day and 3x8-12 bench/OHP the other?

pic unrelated

What about blahas program? Im a beginner and im thinking about doing ICF

Kek full body fags are so dumb

Why would you ever listen to Blaha ever?

Why why why why