What's your mile pr Veeky Forums?

what's your mile pr Veeky Forums?

5:11
pls no bully

I never run but 6:51, 3 years ago in gym class.

One mile

14 pints of Guinness in 4 hours.
Drove home 2.5 miles.

>bout 6 G-beers per mile
>did I win ?

5:38, although that was for 2 km. I think it's pretty good considering I never run

4:02

4:32. after running some mile intervals.

I've always been shit at running but I recently made it to 8:00 even on a treadmill which is pretty good for me. I'm having issues converting that to running a real mile because the treadmill isn't setting the pace for me, anyone know how to overcome that?

4:27. Definitely could have got close to 4:20 if I had raced one fresh.

Any running shoes you guys recommend? I've been getting into running at the gym lately and my general training shoes aren't quite cutting it for longer sessions

Go to a store and try different kinds.

find a running specialty store in your area and get fitted for a pair if possible

2:20

Let's pls stop this nonsense and start using standard civilized kms people. You look like retards to the civilized world.

Why are you lying on a Lithuanian ENERGY drink appreciation board?

off topic but guidance would be appreciated

I started running recently and my knee has started being sore. I took a week off but it's still sore despite no running and no weight training on legs.

What do?

What kind of shoes are you wearing user? What distances are you running and do you have insoles?

I got some decent running shoes and running / walking around 5km 5 times a week

The knee pain is during your run, after, or both?

>4:20

B L A Z E

L

A

Z

E

after and I haven't run for roughly a week however I still feel it today. The pain isn't "bad" but I'm worried I'll fuck myself up.

8:00 in 3rd grade. havent attempted since, it would probably be a little bit better

I have 150$usd to spend on running shoes, wut do i buy

my go to brand is brooks

OP here btw, pr is 4:58

Treadmills don't count for pr's.

5:04 my sophomore year of high school grrrr. Was so close to breaking five, but I got psyched myself out and got scared during the race. Then I got injured and lost motivation bc at least I wasn't fat anymore.

Man I miss high school cross country, team was so much fun.

OP here dude same feels

3 minutes flat

>tfw you'll never be back on the bus bumping Trouble by T-swift and screaming along with the drop on a bus full of 50 hungry high school boys on their way to a wendy's

I like to run and I'm pretty fast, 3min, also I weigh 300lbs

Got into running last year. I'm down to this.

In order to do a 6 minute mile I have to run at nearly twice the speed of all of the overweight women in the cardio section and they give me weird looks so I go back to the weights section because it's safe.

I can run 4.5 miles in 30 minutes

Is that good?

It's not bad if you're new to running

4:42 be gentle, it was in my skellyfag running days

If it's dull pain, you could try a light jog and see if it's exacerbated. If it's sharp I wouldn't mess around until it goes away completely. See below if you're suspicious your shoes may be the culprit.

I don't know if you have Vernon Powell's in your area but I'd go somewhere like it if that's your budget. They'll examine your stride and where your weight is distributed while in motion.

Lime the other user, Brooks is my usual brand. But what's right for me may be wrong for you.

...try training withouth the treadmill?