Why aren't you running a bro-split?

Why aren't you running a bro-split?

>entire session to focus on a particular muscle group
>always feel 100% rested for when you need to hit it again
>can focus more specifically on the individual lifts for the specific body-part
>don't leave the gym feeling exhausted, leave feeling amazing
>can actually properly warm up
>sessions are 40-60minutes at the very most

I can't believe I didn't do this early....to be honest, those 3 hour full body sessions, or the 2 hour longer upper/lower sessions were getting to me. I also tried PPL but 6 days in the gym was far too much.

The bro-split has been perfect for me, no wonder 99% of people who lift do it.

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8563679
mulpix.com/claybarbuto
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Oh yeah, here's my bro-split if you're interested :-)

>MONDAY (Shoulders/Traps)
1. OHP
2. Barbell Shrugs
3. BtN Press
4. Face-Pulls
5. Lateral Raises

>TUESDAY (Legs/Calves)
1. Back Squat
2. Front Squat
3. Calf Raises

>THURSDAY (Chest/Triceps)
1. Flat Bench
2. Incline Bench
3. Dips
4. Triceps (Pick any tricep isolation)

>FRIDAY (Back/Biceps)
1. Conventional Deadlifts
2. Chin-Ups
3. Barbell Rows
4. Biceps (Pick any bicep isolation)

Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday = OFF

Stay jelly :)

Absolutely pointless if natty

You even got the muscles wrong lol

I've been lifting for 4 years and 3 months.

Not all of us are

You must be nit-picking deadlifts on my "Back/Biceps" day, because everything else is 100% correct and un-nitpickable.

You do realize deadlifts aren't only specifically made to focus on your legs like a squat is, right?.

Deadlifts are on back day because of the fact they're training your posterior chain, your lower back is getting worked a lot more here than it is on Squat, it's a lot more "back" dominant than any other compound lift, hence why it's put on Back day. Not only that, but the whole idea is so you have 1 day specifically focused on your deadlift, which you can after than throw in your Chins, Rows and Curls.

It's about common sense and convenience. Good try on the nit-pick :-).

I'd rather squat multiple times a week than do one day where I squat, leg press, leg extension, leg curl, abduction, adduction, etc...

I felt the same way until I got to the point where I was squatting 4+ plates every 48 hours, yeah, that doesn't work out very well, not unless you're willing to have 3+ hour long sessions.

FB every 48 hours is fine if you're pushing 1/2/3. It's not very feasible (time-wise) when you're pushing 2/3/4+. It just takes too much out of you, hence why the sessions take so long.

When I first started lifting, my FB sessions were like 45minutes max, because of how weak I was. Fast-forward 4+ years and 1 lift alone will take that long.

I like the pain

I'm at intermediate and it's taking me 2+ hours typically to get through an entire full body session. It's starting to become psychologically brutal. As a beginner it was about an 1 - 1.5 hours. So I agree with you.

For advanced natties bro splits are fine. The hurr durr bro splits suck mostly applies to people at a beginner weight progression and strength level.

the reason is that it is not optimal for natty lifters to hit a muscle once per 7 days because protein synthesis lasts about 48 hours.

/thread

do your shitty split but don't encourage others to do it too if they're natty

wow that is absolutely retarded

If you were squatting 4pl8 every 48 hours you're a faggot with no understanding of training advancement.

Thats good for you. If it works then it works.
If you do routine X and you hit the gym motivated each workout because you enjoy it more then you will make more gains thans if you did routine Y.
No its not. I dont even do a brosplit but ive seen plenty of guys get good results from it.

They're not particularly useful even for more advanced lifters in most cases. The bodies response to a workout pretty much only lasts ~40 hours whether you're a rank beginner or an elite competitor.

>At my current strength level, a Full Body 3 times a week means that I must spend 3+ hours in the gym to complete a session.

>Warm-up - 10min.
>Warm-up sets - 10min (at most)
>5X5 Squats - 1min per set at most + on average 8min of rest. 45min if you include rest from warm-up.
>5X5 OHP - 1min per set + 5 min rest. 30min.
>4 Accessories 2x10 each, supersetting - 15min.
That's under two hours, for volume day.

Do whatever you want, but on a bro-split you literally waste 5 days worth of recovery and growth. On a U/L you waste 4 days, on a whole body work-out you waste only 24hours.

And don't give me that shit about how you work out so goddammn hard that your muscles recover for days and days - that's not how the human body works except on large doses of anabolics.

>5x5 squats
>5x5 OHP
>2 accessories

my god, you people actually do this and wonder why you look like shit lmao.

yet some dude doing some "retarded bro split" looks infinitely better than you

nice

This.

Veeky Forums is a bunch of morons.

>Legs/Calves
>calves are not legs
>traps are not back

That example has 4 accessories you fucking illiterate.

>Some hypothetical person looks better than some other hypothetical person.
Great logic there. Enjoy your 3 times slower progression twink.

Traps are perfect on shoulder day you retarded cunt.

holy fuck you guys are actually on a bro-split. please tell me you're roiding at least.

How's your first week of SS going?

>bro-splits dont work unless youre on steroids!

when will this meme end?

you people make it sound like you'll never progress or get gains unless you lift with super high frequency; real world results completely crush that theory

so long as you're making progress, it doesn't matter what routine you do, but you wouldnt understand that as a newbie lifter.

>on a bro-split you literally waste 5 days worth of recovery and growth. On a U/L you waste 4 days, on a whole body work-out you waste only 24hours.

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8563679
> It is concluded that following a bout of heavy resistance training, MPS increases rapidly, is more than double at 24 hrs, and thereafter declines rapidly so that at 36 hrs it has almost returned to baseline.

/thread

but science is wrong and you're smart, because limiting your gains to a third of what they could be is obviously a genius exercise in confusing your gains.

Because you get less gains on a bro split and it's too much volume.
>less gains
>more injuries

Holy fuck, you've only ever read the Sticky for fitness advice and think that's the end-all of everything.

>implying your CNS, tendons etc doesn't need time tor recover.

woah its literally just 5/3/1

>Why aren't you running a bro-split
Because I don't want to remain dyel

Ah, you're one of those guys who thinks training high frequency with the big 3 is going to transform you into the BMOC.

Good luck with that 1/2/3/4, you'll still be a skinny dyel by the end of it.

That really doesn't look much like 5/3/1.

You'll get gains you'll just work harder and do more harm to your body than you would doing a full body split.

>you disagree hence you are a newbie who dosen't know shit.

>real world results completely crush that theory
No they don't. Sift trough the routines of top natty strength athletes or pre-roid bodybuilders and those who are on something - notice a difference?

You don't need to go heavy all the time, but you need to keep stimulation up.

>so long as you're making progress, it doesn't matter what routine you do.
Hey, do crossfit as long as you enjoy it. But don't tell me that that is the best way to build muscle. Bro-splits may be fun and quick, but they are far from the best or fastest way of building muscle - period.

I'm closing in on 2/3/4/5 actually. Nice try though dyel weakling.

It's the other way around.

If full body was the be all end all of routines, more people would be doing them, by default.

The fact is, people default to a bro-split. Because it's the easiest on the joints, faster and more fun training sessions.

I don't expect you to realize this yet because your full body session probably takes you 30 minutes because you're OHPing the bar, benching 0.25 plate, and squatting 0.5 plate. Of course you don't feel like that training is causing harm to your body. Just wait until you actually have decent lifts and you try doing them multiple times a week, all on the same day.

>Strength = size they said

Post body. I know you wont, because your "closing in on 2/3/4/5" body is going to look DYEL compared to guys on a split lmao.

> The hurr durr bro splits suck mostly applies to people at a beginner weight progression and strength level.

Splits get shit on here because almost everyone on this board is in the noob gainz phase. Same with anything that's not linear progression... they haven't been working out long enough to look into things like periodization

>People actually think you won't gain any strength on a brosplit
>Not realising you will increase the weight as you increase muscle mass

Fucking retards

Full body used to be the default.

It started to disappear around about the time gear started getting popular. That might not have been a coincidence.

>so long as you're making progress
That's the point faggot, bro splits makes it difficult to progress because linear progression doesn't last forever. If you weren't so weak you'd know this.

this gook isn't even that strong faggot

>building big muscle efficiently will make you a dyel.
>building muscles inefficiently will make you aesthetic because doing things more slowly than necessary (because you're a massive pussy) is better.

And that's where varying volume and intensity come in. Also proper nutrition and rest.

>go on Veeky Forums
>everyone says its impossible to gain strength/size/aesethetics on a split and that you'll stay forever skinny/weak

then why is every fucking cunt at my gym running a literal normie bro split monday to friday and they're all strong, jacked and aesthetic?

NO theyre not all on steroids you FUCKS.

Don't have any pics on my laptop. You're deluded though if you think it's possible to look dyel while being able to that much weight. Just head over to plg and see for yourself.

Time, effort and genetics trump intelligence when it comes to lifting.

Also drugs. It's hard to overstate how prevalent gear is.

>Don't have any pics on my laptop.

Reality: You look like shit and can't handle the fact I am right.

>You're deluded though if you think it's possible to look dyel while being able to that much weight.

Reality: There's thousands of DYEL powerlifters who put up far greater numbers than you and still look DYEL.

>Just head over to plg and see for yourself.

lmao.

> You're deluded though if you think it's possible to look dyel while being able to that much weight

Nodoby said that
You will make gains on pretty much any routine to a point, brosplits are just slow as fuck compared to virtually anything else.

>If full body was the be all end all of routines, more people would be doing them, by default.
>If not being fat was the be all end all of not being a miserable cunt, more people would be thin, by default.
Brosplits are what was in every bb magazine and on many sites because those routines were from roided up BBers. Sheep just jumped on the band wagon, the fact that they are easy and quick certainly helped entrench their popularity. During the natty era full-body or at least UL/PPL reigned supreme.

Or maybe I just don't have pics? Kek

You're right, powerlifters and plg are all dyel. Post your body so I can see just how much smaller and dyel pic related is compared to you fags.

Rephrase: Not usually possible to look DYEL while lifting heavy weight unless you're abusing the shit out of high androgenic/low anabolic gear.

>NO theyre not all on steroids you FUCKS.
You'd be surprised. Plus lifting in a retarded manner for 10 years with dedication will blow away the best routine done for 2-3 years or with poor compliance.

>What is body-fat and kleinfelters tier genetics.

Amazing the way Veeky Forums tries to turn every beginner into a pseudo powerlifter

>ITT: dyels on a brosplit calling powerlifters dyel

The blunt truth is that powerlifting routines - even beginners powerlifting routines - don't tend to look anything like the stuff Veeky Forums tries to push people towards.

Because beginners actually need to focus on form, strength and developing their CNS, something that strength and powerlifting routines cater towards.

After many years in the gym, browsing fitness forums I have come to the conclusion that there is 1 thing in common with people who have decent size and really great aesthetics.

What do they all have in common?

1. They have decent strength (not crazy strong, just normal, like 2 plate bench, 3 plate squat, 4 plate deadlift)

2. They can rep out the 2-3-4 for many many reps.

3. They basically have moderate strength level, and put that moderate strength into a "high volume" kind of bro-split training.

All aesthetic guys have that in common. You rarely see this in guys who are much stronger, but only focus on strength training, or guys who only focus on "aesthetics".

This is why, IMHO, you're all kind of wrong. The guy who has decent strength, that then focuses on training like a high volume bro, gets the best results.

That said, in my opinion, once you can bench press 100kg, squat 140kg, and deadlift 180kg. You should stick to that weight, and then just focus on getting those lifts to doing sets of 15+ reps. As well as include bunch of isolation.

>2016
>claims unable to post pictures.

You are a full of shit DYEL

>tries to argue that people who lift heavy don't always look good
>uses a guy who is 20% BF and fucked his body up by abusing gear

Good fuken argument m8 cherry pick some more. If you are trying to make a credible argument USE SOMEONE BELOW 15% BF

see

Fine. Here's me. Try not to let your jealousy get the best of you and your shitty brosplit faggot.

You have size, but not aesthetics.

Shit dude you don't even look close to a 1/2/3/4

>Not crazy strong, can bench 2plt.
>Can do that for many reps.
This is probably one of the most stupid things I ever read on Veeky Forums.

If you can rep out 15 on bench with 2plt then your 1RM is probably somewhere around 3.5plt.

No other argument so he resorts to b8ing. Nice.

Except he doesn't train for aesthetics. Even then he dwarfs 90% of this board so OP is a fucking retard for thinking getting stronk will still make you dyel.

As I said, I'm closing in on 2/3/4/5. Try to work on your reading comprehension.

Probably not. Someone who never does low rep work is going to have a shitty 1RM relative to their rep performance. And vice versa.

Still, by no means unimpressive.

>Damage control, the post

>If you can rep out 15 on bench with 2plt then your 1RM is probably somewhere around 3.5plt.

That's not how it works.

LMAO yea I read that I said that you don't even look close to a 1/2/3/4 let alone 2/3/4/5 Fuck dude you have no size whatsoever.

If you are going to try and shit on someone for their reading comprehension make sure you actually read their comment right you DYEL dumbass

Fuckin exactly. Him posting his body destroyed his whole argument so he is lashing out trying to call people stupid for no reason

Threadly reminder that the one user who constantly shits on strength training in these threads is a dyel sperg who admitted to having a dadbod.

LOLLOLOLOLOL

>Thinks I'm DYEL
>promotes shitty brosplit
>can't read

Dude, seriously, are you this retarded? Go do some more Curls in the Squat rack

Post your body so you can prove to us how superior brosplits are, rather than posting some twink pretending to be me.

Yea I'm not the guy that was promoting the bro split ya dip but you do look dyel as fuck

>strength camp posts two pics
>bro-split camp post blahino
Post your body mate. Lets us see those juicy bro-split quads and sumptuous core.

Yea I was actually agreeing with you that strength would help size since you need high number lifts for volume. I wasn't the guy you were arguing with

I've done strength training and made some good gains, but still look like shit.

Do I jump on a brosplit?

I brosplit 4 days. Rest. Full body. Rest. Repeat.

Feelsgoodman.

Talk to be about aesthetics when you can deadlift 5pl8 loser

Well then you're falling for his b8.

Post body already instead of shitposting

Is pic related a good program?

I can tell you obviously have some problems because you are getting so fucking worked up thinking that I am someone else SINCE I WAS FUCKING AGREEING WITH YOU

if you need help there is mental health thread just sayin

PS I'm not the guy promoting the bro split i don't know how many times i have to say that

this is him

From the back, just in case you still wanna argue

Yes, I'm doing something kind of similar. You might want to hop onto a beginner program and get 1/2/3/4 first before you do that though.

Already posted it twice faggot

Are three day splits good for Bodybuilding?

>mulpix.com/claybarbuto
>Bro-split fags are so desperate that they need to post the pic of a gay prostitute that does a bro-split and pass it off as a full-body Veeky Forumsizen pic.
TOP KEK.

Lol this thread is a shit show. Let me clarify.

This is me This user is pretending to be me. He's shitposting photos of a twink and acting like he's a powerlifter because the faggot has no other argument.

Got it lmao

KEK!!!!!!!!!

And this little troll is trying to discredit me by pretending to be me

3 days isn't really enough frequency. You could look at a 4 day upper lower program if you wanted to. It's essentially the same as the program you posted except standing ohp has its own day rather than doing them the same day as squats.

Sorry should have clarified I'm a different user thanks though

No worries. I do reiterate though, these programs really do require a strength base, which includes having a trained CNS, knowing your form and knowing your limits. The program is great for intermediates because you focus on building strength at the start of the workout (5x5 on the main lifts) and then you throw in whatever bodybuilding exercises you want afterwards.

with the split you use you can do them on delt day but on something like ppl you really need to do them on pull day if you do any wait you engage your traps with. delt day is fine, but they technically are back day

well, a brosplit is really bad to gain strength for a natty. perfect for aesthetics tho imo, even natty

>the best or fastest way of building muscle
do you have any example of such a routine pls