Methylphenidate

I'm on Concerta 54mg (long acting ritalin). Can i use it as an advantage when lifting or doing cardio? Do i have to take special precautions?

don't do it
I did for a week . besides the concentration . its really hard to get a pump
and doing a intense set my heart wouldn't stop beating that I ended up spending 40 minutes in the bathroom trying to calm down

I've read that exercising during the crash (when it starts wearing off) can make it suck less.

Not a prescription, but it's my go to during exam season. I've found it doesn't affect my gains at all, but the appetite suppression effect could prevent you from eating so make sure your diet's on point. I wouldn't recommend lifting during the crash, but while your rolling through the normal phase lifting feels no different. Played one of my best games of hockey when I was on it though.

maybe but I wasn't expect it to be that bad. so I went to straight to "pls don't die mode"
its goat for studying and maybe some walking
but I'd take a really low dose for lifting IMO

I use adderall 25mg XR's for studying quite often, I actually popped one about 1hr & 1/2 ago. About to head off to the uni library for a studying session.

>I normally studying for 4-5 solid hours on adderall
>The XR's last about 10-12 hours
>I normally lift on them towards the end of the high

With the appetite suppression life is good
>no i don't have a prescription

I have to take it everyday for studying (just one pill in the morning)

Thanks I will try to workout at different times and see how it goes

I snort that stuff when drinking sometimes.

Its great because it will just give you a tiny pick me up without making you all jittery.

Snorting Concerta or Ritalin?
Concerta turns to a waxy powder

Just crush 15 of those pills and snort them if you're this desperate for Heart attack you mental retard.

1. 15 is way too much
2. Crushing it and snorting it would be a waste

I use ritalin and concerta, Two pills are enough to get your heart to beat the room you're in into an earth quake. 15 of them should be more than enough to kill you since you're so retarded that you train while on stimulants.

I don't want to train on stimulant, I'm on stimulant and I would like to know when is the best time to train.

Ritalin.

It breaks up into a nice fine powder.

When you get off you fucking Autist.

Thank you sir

Learn to peel it and crush it.

It has 2 layers. The red skin, and a plastic-like skin beneath the red. Peel off the red using your fingers after cutting along it diagonally with scissors. You'll see what I mean. Once the red is off, cut through the pill and remove the grey bit. It's useless. Then, cut along the white/yellow section (like a cross section) to have what you have left. Repeat this so that it's in quarters. Then peel the inner skin. Make sure it's all off. Then, use a dinner plate and a glass bottle's bottom to crush the pill into powder. Remove any leftover skin. Then chop it up, keep crushing until it's very fine. Then snort it and you're ready to be high as a kite and end up vomiting at gym.

*halve what you have left

Not if you crush it right. Make sure your hands are clean and dry.

Cut off the outside, crush the powder, and leave under your tongue. This is best for concerta.

This particular stimulant is very bad for your nasal passage and will be absorbed better sublingually anyway.

I do that technique but I put the pieces under my tongue and let it dissolve (I first let the red wax layer dissolve under my tongue because it contains 12% of the dose or something)

I was thinking about using something like this to crush it

I pop my 27 mg Concerta on the way to the gym in the mornings and it definitely helps. I stay motivated and strong throughout the session instead of getting exhausted halfway through. I say it's a pretty good preworkout.

Yep. I used to keep the outer skins for when I ran out of the inner stuff.

Ive been taking Adderall (and was on concerta) for the past like 4 months and its helped me tons when working out.

I usually do some cardio before a weight session and the focus is crazy.
Ive heard its a bad combo because your heart rate will be crazy but I havent gotten a thumper yet.

I even took adderall, dr jekyll then did cardio and even tho I got thumper and felt light headed I didnt die.

When it starts wearing off (around 6 pm and after) I get all anxious and depressed (in a bad mood way). Do you have any idea why? Does it go away after some time?

Same but with aderall. The shit literally tastes like pixy stix when it drips down your throat. I dunno whose idea it was to make them so tasty.

take 5htp when it starts wearing off

I already take an antidepressant (tricyclic), so I'm afraid of serotonin syndrome

Just dont take pre workout its not good for your liver or heart and dont abuse it it will fuck you up emotionally if you take a lot for a long time.. was on this kinda shit for 13yrs straight

Yes I use to take more than prescribed at first, but like a lot of stimulant the comedown and the withdrawal suck enough.
Now I take it as prescribed to keep everything balanced.

yea, So basically what concerta and adderall does is release all of your dopamine in your brain at once. Dopamine is what makes you happy and enjoy life thats why you might get a thrill when the concerta kicks in.

So whenever that wears off theres basically no dopamine left right? lol
so thats why you might feel all shitty, after a while the comedown didnt seem as bad but I when I kept taking the mood my overall mood was kind of shitty apart from the high.

To balance that out I really just dont take my adderall that much and I also take a L dopa Supplement to help produce more dopamine.

I have N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine powder, do you think it can help?

>taking that and adderall
you need to pick one or you're gonna be fucked in the head soon.
The less meds the better user
having bad comedowns isn't a good thing
if anything take less stimulants and do More HIIT

(I take Concerta not Adderall)
I have been taking the antidepressant for 10 years now, for panic attacks and depression. I have build quite a strong tolerance to it. I tried to get rid of it multiple times but it was unbearable. Now that I am on Concerta I think I will try to quit it again because I can barely feel the effects it used to have.

My depression gets really nasty on the come down as well. I've only been on 27 mg for a few weeks so idk if it gets better. I try to make sure I'm home to smoke some weed when that happens or else I feel downright suicidal at times. Still, in succeeding for once so I'll take it.

Yes, it like being hit with a wave of depression. I will try to eat before the comedown, because I don't eat during the day

>implying you know more than doctors

Go away

Im on concerta 18. Was on 2x 5mg ritalin. Love both! Keeps me motivated, keeps my mind clear and direct. I remember the first time I took concerta. Just cleaned the whole fucking house, lifted, did all my chores, didnt yawn once the whole day. Never once have I had issues where its been too much, but I used to do coke/md when I was younger so I guess im a bit more used to it.

Perhaps you should lower your dose?

I started at 18mg but didn't feel cognitive improvement, same with 36mg. At 54mg I'm way more calm and my thoughts are more organized.

>that first pill of the day

Just do cocaine like a normal person

Not worth it for the heart problems desu

Low dose that shit will get your heart to like 160 otherwise

Anecdotal, but it gives a lot of people concerning chest pain when doing cardio. I'd avoid it when possible. It's also an added risk factor in the case that you have an unrecognized heart defect or something like that. Also, really heavy exertion (e.g. a hard sprint workout) or exhaustion (e.g. a long distance run) could be dangerous to your brain or the rest of your body. Strong stimulants have the risk of allowing you to over-exert.

That said, these things rarely cause serious problems for people. The question is whether it's worth it.

I have had shit shoved up my leg and into my heart because of ritalin. They still arent satisfied everything is all good and I will be getting an mri soon. Even if it turns out nothing is wrong, I will never touch the stuff again. Not worth it. I wake up with mad pain between my shoulderblades at night sometimes, feeling like it's hard to breath and that there is a fist in my throat. I have no idea why, and maybe it's nothing, but I'm pretty paranoid ritalin might have fucked me up any time it happens. Hope you all get better luck taking it.

Have fun with your cardiac arrest goals of 2016 user.