youtube.com/watch?v=DdpIrzLe5mU
powerhouse-fitness.co.uk/bodymax-cf475-heavy-power-rack.php
sweatband.com/dkn-heavy-duty-power-rack.html?gclid=CIj-scDuoM8CFeQp0wodk4QENg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for switching to sumo / semi sumo

second for having shit deadlift grip

3rd for having a shit deadlift

Mehdi is one silly goose

4th for doubling my bench volume to try to get big.

>semi sumo

19th for being unable to count.

7th for stop taking after every meme in /plg/ you idiot, 12 weeks ago it was sheiko, now Rolo has been spamming
>hurr durr to little bench
and you're taking after that. Pretty sure you're gonna start SSB squatting and buy a RAM soon.

>pretty sure you're gonna start SSB squatting

Should we tell him

>SSB squatting
But that's what I've been doing for the last 2 weeks.

I'm running a bench routine that sabre/SSB were saying I should do and it just happens to be double volume over what I was doing before.

Why not try different things to see what works well?

Seconding this

Keep it simple. Lift heavy for a few/lighter for a lot and eat/sleep big

Is strength shop actually bad? I can't find a better power bar than the strength shop bastsrd power bar in the UK.

You're not switching to semi sumo, you're just learning sumo

For what they charge they are very good, all these "GENERICFITNESS" companies are overpriced

Autism

>Should we tell him
>But that's what I've been doing for the last 2 weeks.
Fucking hell.

>I'm running a bench routine that sabre/SSB were saying I should do and it just happens to be double volume over what I was doing before.
>
>Why not try different things to see what works well?
Didn't you get great results on sheiko? Then you decided to switch program because some anons didn't like your squat form, then you switched bench programming because Sabre/SSB told you to.

I'm not saying you shouldn't experiment, but /plg/ will meme about 5 different things in a month, and most of those things are good but for a limited amount of people. You need to ignore most of those things or implement any changes slowly because if you just switch it up all the time you're not gonna learn what works long-term for you, or you're gonna cuck yourself out of gains by not doing what you know works for you.

I only scored a 22 on that quiz though.

I keep hearing bad things about them. I'm about to drop £430 on stren shop equipment, I don't want to get it, have it rust, bend and be generally shit.

I didn't run sheiko for bench and I was stalling on my previous bench programming. I think my upper body mass is lagging far behind my lower, so slamming it with volume is a good idea.

My squat form was bad enough to be concerned. Back rounding at 90%+ is not a good thing. Alex suggested trying SSB squatting for a while to strengthen my upper back and get better at staying upright. I'm still doing sheiko for deadlift.

On paper the bar is the same spec as the texas bar. The knurl will not rust anytime soon and is sharp

Good stuff is powdercoated, wreck the coating and you expose the metal which will rust

Look after your stuff and it will be fine

>dumping comp lifts from your programming for more than a few weeks post meet

lmao

I'll go for it because I trust you, I really hope I'm not let down though.
Do you know of any other 6ft power cages? Ignore this post if not.

while I agree with you, to be fair sheiko is a meme of the month too

>rounding on squat because of upper back weakness
>no
I squat more than you and I get no rounding despite the fact I can't do weighted chins and I probably can't row bodyweight. It's not an upper back issue lad

i lift more than u haha

Meme of the last twelve months maybe.

Lats and traps aren't the same as t-spine erectors.

stop posting this weakling

why? it's impressive

Lats are a spinal erector though

lower spine is different from upper spine
and they are far from the strongest

Regardless, I'm almost certain it's just a common form issue and not a weakness issue

But then again I'm one of the weaker trips so who's gonna listen to me
¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Poor ones.

You forgot blast steroids to make it work.

Didnt say they were great, just that they are

Imo the best developer of the thoracic erectors would be seated good mornings, allowing the t spine to go into flexion

Yeah cause train/eat/rest would never work for a natty how crazy

Nice rape dungeon user
kys

Wouldn't back rounding come from weak quads, like when you straighten your legs really fast to shift the load onto the back and hammies thus causing a good morning squat?

Rounding your back will let you get everything closer to the center and get your ass in a higher position, thus making the movement more dependant on your ass/back than quads, would it not?

Yes, literally only americans don't know this.

This is true but a lot of people here refuse to believe it

When nearing failure you will find the most mechanically advantageous position, losing your upper back would be a back strength issue though

This is correct 90% of the time, yes.

>decides to run sheiko without the bench and do his own bench
>goes nowhere
>decides he needs more volume
>runs some meme shit instead of just doing sheiko as it's written
Yaknow for claiming to have a 210 iq twink makes bad decisions.

>Yes, literally only americans don't know this.
>This is true but a lot of people here refuse to believe it
Ok, so it's like I thought then. I get confused because there's so many different opinions on here. Thank you.

>When nearing failure you will find the most mechanically advantageous position, losing your upper back would be a back strength issue though
Why? Is it because upper back doesn't contribute to spinal movement as much as the lower back?

Check ur bully at the door

No its because upper back rounding in the squat will be due to weak thoracic extension as there is no advantage to it like in deadlifts, it would just pitch you forward and your lumbar would probably end up rounding anyway

yes it only makes sense
you could do something like that on a back ext. bench with a bar, it may be safer and allow you to go heavier, because there is not the same potential for compressive force on the spine on a back ext bench, its basically the same movement though.

Will I die if I do WL technique practice + mobility, instead of cardio + mobility, on my rest days?

Doing it on an actual lifting day makes it feel like I got nothing done.

Do them to pins or hanging chains

I have a back extension, and i can tell you they are 90% different movements

>mfw Joe actually makes a good and correct post

no it could very well interfere with recovery less than cardio depending on the intensity of "WL technique practice" and cardio

15 sets of bar work is peanuts compared to e.g. HIIT (the real gains killer)

but if youre loading up 90% of max clean and jerk for "technique practice" and your cardio is walking for half an hour slowly.... you get the picture.

its a lot easier to recover from the olympic lifts than from slow lifts (e g. heavg squat and DL) anyway.

depends what you mean by "WL technique practice"

If it's anything remotely 'heavy' then you're on a good track to getting injured

you realize theres like 2000 different variations of back ext, right?

what kind of back ext. are you comparing to seated GM?

Just do LISS.

If you want to weightlift, start weightlifting instead.

ITT people confuse forward collapse with rounding

But no one is

On a 45 degree hyper

You mean like a Roman chair?

Anyone know how to make these harder? Holding a 25kg plate just isn't doing it for me anymore

>No its because upper back rounding in the squat will be due to weak thoracic extension as there is no advantage to it like in deadlifts, it would just pitch you forward and your lumbar would probably end up rounding anyway
Ok, thanks.

youtube.com/watch?v=DdpIrzLe5mU

Throw a bar across your back and load up, laddo.

no. I mean, bar on the back, bar in hands, dumbell in hands, dumbell held on chest, plate on uands on chest, plate hekd behind head, hips lovked on the pad, hips unlocked on the pad, deliberate rounding of the upper back or locked lower back, deliberate rounding of the upper back or locked upper back?

No, no. Of course I will keep it light. Maybe not just the bar, but 40-50kg. Normally my cardio is spinning bike for 20-30 min. Feels like my knees will take less of a beating doing light WL though.

Not sure if I want to make a complete switch or not yet.

I've been doing Power cleans in my regular program. While doing so I figured I could just as well add some split jerks. Could not go super heavy due to poor technique, was a long time since I did any of the lifts.

Figured I might as well sneak in some practice instead of doing cardio, while still getting in my normal lifting.

Oh shit I always held them close to my chest

I can't OHP good

Ive tried all of those and its still largely differing from a gm

Heavy band wrapped round the bottom, i used to use 2, do ten reps drop a band 10 reps drop a band 10 reps

How are stiff belts better than softer belts?
Stiff belts don't fit round you perfectly like softer belts that mould around your mid section.

As well I've noticed no difference in bracing.
A stiffer belt just hurts and gives me no extra benefits.

>Fedosienko benches 177.5 @58.15
WEWWWWW, and it looked so damn easy

He did totally launch it off his chest though

>one of the best powerlifters in the world is strong
WOOOOOOOOOOW

>formation of stones

w-what does he mean by this..?

Don't reply to me.

who is SSB?

No one. He doesn't exist

when you switch to intermediate programming, are you going to keep doing cuckols or are you going to do something else?

yeah cool he won by the rules and good at his technique but it's hardly an impressive "bench press".

Yeah alright Sean

is this impressive? i've been lifting for 3 months and i'm at 405 double overhand (hook grip, but w/e)

Cuckols for bench, and not sure for squat. Maybe C6W? Deadlift programming not sure either. Might stick with 1 day int, or might do C6W

Can't tell if you're serious. And no, hook grip isn't the same thing as double overhand.

fuck you
>hwh its juat not the samw i cant describe tit hough :)))))))))

SSB is good for targeting quads though too, right?

>everyone says sheiko is for more advanced people than me
>Today everyone is saying I should stick with sheiko
????

Also the bench I'm doing now is higher volume than sheiko.
A-and I didn't say my iq is 210. I-it's in the 150-160 range.

You think I should start adding in seated good mornings?

what meme program should i do for bench? also the new lady gaga song is really catchy

when you start to stall, how long are you going to stay on beginner before you make the switch?

28 free programs

>someone said sheiko is too hard so I'm going to do something harder than sheiko
>doing this instead of one homogenous program is a smart decision and I surely won't crash and burn
That 250 IQ brain really rolling

There are three main ways of holding a deadlift
>Mixed
>Hook
>Double Overhand

That video he isn't using hook grip.
Next time you deadlift, just do double overhand without hook grip and see how much you can hold. (Thumb on the outside of fingers

U wanna go m8? I'll wreck you in math contest.

Also I'm not going to crash and burn since I actually have work capacity from being in somewhat decent shape unlike someone I know who can't finish the first week of sheiko with deflated maxes :^)

>3 main ways

Don't forget cheater straps

2-3 weeks probably. Depends on how hard my stall is. If I can make progress about 1-2 sessions a week, it'll be on the upper end. If it's 0-1 sessions a week, it'll be on the lower end.

>tfw two weeks till skills test, first time I'm testing my true maxes
>still feel extremely fatigued and volume doesn't go down much in the weeks preceding skills test

Should I finish the whole meet cycle or just cut it at the end of the skills test, take a few extra days off and then hop back on the prep blocks?

Yet you pussy out of sheiko??
Too bad that 275 iq can't do anything other than useless STEM shit.
I'd break you twig.

That's what I'm gonna do. Alex did that too but he didn't repeat the cycle so who knows if it works.

I might go a week into the block after the skills test just as a pseudo Deload week before I repeat the cycle

pls officer
just write me the ticket
i dont want any trouble

does it look like that's on the horizon soon?

currently progressing well but starting to only get 1 extra rep on my amraps. Hoping the linear progress continues for a while.

You left out severely :^)

I think I have another 2 weeks or so until I start stalling on squats. And probably have 3-4 left until I start stalling on bench. Might need to add a little more tricep work in, since I'm consistently, or getting close to, failing on lockout. Might switch to push presses this week instead of doing ohp. Or maybe I'll throw on the slanger after my amrap on Fridays, do a couple sets to RPE 8

what are your work weights for m,w,f on squat and bench?

I'm currently
>squat
205x8
220x6
245x4

>bench
150x8
160x6
165x4

obviously weak af, but making good progress after stubbornly stalling forever on SS. Also improved my diet and sleep which of course helped loads

Uuurgh what's a quick way to get poo out of my diaper ?

What is the difference between
powerhouse-fitness.co.uk/bodymax-cf475-heavy-power-rack.php

And

sweatband.com/dkn-heavy-duty-power-rack.html?gclid=CIj-scDuoM8CFeQp0wodk4QENg

The picture and dimensions are identical but weight and max load is not?
One is £350 the other £299

Saturdays*

Got 265x9 and 230x10 yesterday

I thought I told you to shut the fuck up about this