QTDDTOT

old one dying, here's the new one

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WCdhjfg7fv4&ab_channel=RogueFitness
youtube.com/watch?v=KjGvwQl8tis&ab_channel=RogueFitness
youtube.com/watch?v=Q0zCmx-ZpD4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

fucking stomach vacuums, how do they work?

I see conflicting posts about them everywhere I look. Do they actually help your gut a bit? Are they a meme? What the fuck is the sets and reps? Do you do them daily?

Goddamn

Will post this again

I haven't seen enough progress after almost three months of gym and cardio, I have lost 4 kilos / 9 lbs, and my ass looks better, but my stomach and waist look exactly the same, the progression pictures look all the same too.
So when should I start to see progress?

>5'1 130lbs, first month I was eating 1100, people told me it was dangerous so I upped it to 1300

They definitely help make your waist smaller, not a meme. Sets, reps, and frequency are not that important in terms of finding a perfect routine. I would do them every day, or at least 3x a week. It's a posture exercise that doesn't get progressively harder over time so you aren't gonna overtrain from doing vacuums unless you go crazy with them. Personally I do them every day. I'll have 3 "blocks" throughout the day, and in each block I'll do 3 holds for time (this can be 10 seconds or 30 seconds, whatever you are able to do). As you get better you'll be able to suck in your stomach more and more.

You're making slow but steady progress. Even if you think the pictures look the same, the scale doesn't lie. People have different genetics with regards to body fat distribution, so you may retain a lot of fat in your stomach until you get into a lower BF% range, whereas a different person would lose their stomach fat first and then lose it from their thighs, for example. As long as the numbers on the scale are steadily dropping, you are doing something right.

It feels like I can already do 60 seconds, I just do that 3x a week or daily?

Yeah, like I said, how often you do it doesn't matter that much from a not-looking-like-you're-pregnant perspective. Just make sure over time that naturally are able to have your stomach be a little more "toned" while in a resting state. You don't want to be perma-flexing but it should get easier to have some degree of ab activation when you are sitting, standing, etc.

Eat more protein, work harder.

10lbs isn't much of a difference from an overall body perspective. It takes time to see these differences. That said, 9 lbs in 3 months isn't the best of progress. You should be losing 1lb/week.
grill? Or guy? Assuming you're losing weight.

grill, yeah I haven't lost that much but I was sick last week (so I skipped cardio) and we had some national festivities (so I ate a lot, tried to get lots of meats though) but I blame myself for not progressing quick enough, that being said the most I ate was 1600 in two days a week ago so I stalled.

Yeah I'm losing weight, I'm 9 lbs away from my ideal weight (maybe a little more).

ZMA, yay or nay? And if daily dose is 2 pills and I only take 1, will I get any effects still? I'm 6.3, lank.

I hear cracking sound from my knee while squatting, doesnt hurt, whats fit's opinion on this?

Also Ive been getting mass whilst increasing reps and just increasing weight just a little, so getting "strong" per se isn't needed for mass growth, hope noobs realize this.

Thinspo fag here
I want to do some bodyweight workouts so I can do neat things like handstands and flag poles to impress people
But i want to stay a twig
How possible Is this?
Everyone that I've met who can do those sort of things usually is very thin

I am 19 male 195cm 66kg (145 pounds) I finally got a gym membership and I'm going to the gym tomorrow and I feel I'm too skinny to follow starting strength or 5x5 program, too skinny to lift the equipments. Any help here? Thanks

GOMAD AND 5 SCOOPS C'MON, THIS AINT A GULAG

Do a bulk and cut cycle. Normally a natty bodybuilder might cut to 8% then bulk to like 15%, but if you want to remain spooky then maybe bulk up to 10% and cut down to however much you want your bones to rattle. You won't be able to put on as much muscle mass, which is probably what you want anyway, but you need some in order to do those feats of strength.

How the fuck do I bulk if I'm on appetite suppressants?

break your meals into small, more frequent meals or drink them down.

woops I meant 15 lbs away from my ideal weight

I can try broken meals, I think.

But how do you drink meals?

Well, I think I'm seeing some of the issues. First off, you're eating more than you should. The people who told you eating at 1100 was dangerous are retards. As long as you eat 60% of your TDEE, you should be fine.

I did a quick check and it seems your TDEE is about 1550, which means if you want to be losing 1 lb per week you should be eating 1050 per day

Junk food. Goes down easy.

Blend oats + banana + protein powder + peanut butter
there you go, liquid meal

Get a blender, throw in oats, bananas, protein powder, etc. to hit your calorie count.

+water, or milk, obviously

It goes down worse than anything else for me.
I think I can do that too, assuming raw muesli counts as oats. Thanks for your advice.

You may be a hungry skeleton but even the weakest faggots can lift 45lbs with their legs.

Follow the program, start with the bar for the first week. Bulk at a surplus of 500 calories. Aim to hit 1lb of weight gained per week. If you're gaining too much, reduce calories by 150 and vice versa.

gonna start uni in a couple of weeks (engineering) will I be able to keep up with my studies, make solid gains and have somewhat of a social life i.e. go out every fortnight or so

probably not, Uni knocks the shit out of you. You can choose one or two of those things though, definitely.

why are you on appetite suppressants if you're trying to bulk?

Only if you're on so much cocaine that your body loses the ability to sleep

If you manage your time well, then yes, you can do all of those things. It's not easy though and you won't have much free time.

Try to get a easy routine (CnP for volume reps) and try to build a homegym (24kg kettlebell or some dumbells)

Probably adderral.

Because I need amphetamines to not fuck everything up.
Pretty much.

BF estimate?
6'2 175lb skele

Switching from linear programming (SS) to intermediate program, probably Texas.

Is Greyskull LP or SS better for a beginner?

just eyeballing it and guessing 14-15%

I'd say like 12-14%

shieeet, I guess I won't be able procrastinate as much as I use to, thanks brahs, I'll try to be more productive
home gym isn't an option, since I'll be on Greg Plitt's MFT program, so I'll need access to full gym equipment, since the workouts are short and intense I'll waste as little time in the gym as possible

Thank you, I'll probably keep bulking then and stick to linear programs.

lmao, why you deleting your pic fatty? emberassed by your gyno?

What is it with this "First sip of the day?"

>175lb lanklet
>fatty with gyno
lol
People answered the question so I removed it. Relax.

Forced meme, think of millhouse back in the day on /b/.

Ah thx

[DAMAGE COMTROL]

Is it okay to do a split routine if I'm a fat fuck? It seems easier to get an easy work out in because I know I won't make significant gains while I'm cutting hard

How strong do i have to be to do 5/3/1?

Depends on the routine, but there's no hard rule against doing a split as a beginner. As long as you are lifting you're gonna make some noob gains anyway, even while cutting.

Why would you fall for bait.

How do you get a job as a trainer in a big box gym? I recently got my ACE-cert and have been applying online, but I know people probably don't check those. Is my best bet to physically go to gyms and ask in person if they need a trainer?

I'm having a colonoscopy next week. How do I not get hard when they put the tube up my ass? I mean - everyone gets aroused by that, right? No homo. I'm serious btw.

even if you do the doctor isn't gonna care.

I'm pretty sure stage fright might get ya. If not look for a blood thinner to keep ur peepee from getting hard

You're going to be too tuckered out to get a hard on by the time they get to that

It's simple. Remove your penis.

Is doing 3 sets of 1 min planks a good time for a beginner?

This kills the penor

My gym closed for a week and since it re-opened the squat rack disappeared. It was supposed to be replaced by a new one, but they lost the screws or something and basically it's there, but in pieces.

In the meantime I can't fucking squat and it obviously is a big problem. What do I replace the squats with ? So far I've tried squatting with DB but even with 30 kg DB it's lighter. I also tried leg press + lunges but I'm not sure it's efficient. Thoughts ?

I'm skinny fat. What body will I end up with, eating at a deficit and swimming only? (No lifting, not too interested in it.) Skinny/toned or simply a smaller version of skinny fat? All I want is tons of cardio ability to use when raw dogging the ol' gf. But to look good would be a bonus

Trap bar deadlifts are probably one of the best replacements if your gym has it. Sumo deadlifts are also good for hitting the quads.

What stats should I begin cutting at? Are my goals ok to start cutting or should I reach 1/2/3/4?

Current:

OHP: 120lbs 5x5
Bench: 190lbs 5x5
Squat: 265lbs 3x5

Goal:

OHP: 135lbs 5x5
Bench: 205lbs 5x5
Squat: 275lbs 3x5

my right shoulder is hurting.
I'm doing 5x5 SL.
Exercises included are deadlift, squat, bench, row, and OHP.

I recently noticed that, my right wrist is bending over further than my left wrist, which stays relatively straight, during my bench press.
Right wrist that bends, right shoulder that hurts.
Could this be the cause of my shoulder pain?

It's not even so much that it hurts, but that I guess the joint is more crackable and feels different.

also check out this cool pic of review brah. it's now my go to "wew" reaction image. [spoiler]OC pls don't save.[/spoiler]

Cutting/bulking is about BF%. If you are unhappy with your bodyfat levels, then cut.

What is your favourite super food?

I've recently been adding chia and linseed seeds to my yogurt, and am wondering if anyone uses other good super foods ?

powerclean form check? I think I've been doing it wrong.

Thanks for the input

I had this exact same problem (but with my left side not my right). I fixed it by fixing my form. For me that meant making sure my knuckles were always facing the ceiling, my forearm was always pointing straight up (not at an angle slightly towards my head), and basically getting the angles all right. Watch some youtube videos and sort it out before you start lifting heavy shit and it fucks up your shoulder.

bad

honestly, don't bother with power cleans when you have hex plates

Good enough thanks! Would I look a tad better frame wise if I simply added pull ups with progressive overload? I love pull ups anyway so I wouldn't get bored

why? And what can I do to correct my form?

It's not bad, he's just not doing power cleans. He's doing muscle cleans.

you're doing hang cleans instead of powercleans. When you do a full power clean, you have to reset like a deadlift off the floor.

Hex plates don't roll correctly and will misalign your pull after each rep.

For your form

>squatting the weight instead of deadlifting it
>using your arms to pull the weight up instead of deadlifting really fast and shrugging your traps
>catching it with your wrists above your elbows instead of catching it on your deltoids

Look up front squat form. Kind of like of that.

>didn't reset off the ground off each rep
>not humping the bar

>you're doing hang cleans instead of powercleans.

Confirmed for having literally no idea what the fuck you're taking about.

>Hex plates don't roll correctly and will misalign your pull after each rep.

Doesn't matter. You can just do the powerclean from the hang or just realign your feet. It's doable.

>squatting the weight instead of deadlifting it

wtf does this even mean

>Hex plates don't roll correctly and will misalign your pull after each rep.
...but it's still on the bar. It still weighs the same.

You seem to know what you're talking about. How do I fix my form?

No, you're speaking out of your ass

youtube.com/watch?v=WCdhjfg7fv4&ab_channel=RogueFitness

hang clean

youtube.com/watch?v=KjGvwQl8tis&ab_channel=RogueFitness

power clean

actually learn your lifts, loser

>wtf does this even mean
he's squatting the weight up and treating the deadlift motion like a squat with the bar in your hands

when you have round plates and you deadlift or powerclean, there are no edges which make the bar tilt a diagonally when they go back on the ground.

When you have edges on your plates, everytime you reset, your bar won't be perfectly aligned like it should be. The ends of a barbell spin and this will offset the edges.

I hate the term superfood, but I do add flax seeds when I bake anything and to my oatmeal. Supposedly the fiber and omega 3's are good for you.

Guys I pooped I'm so happy thank you lord

Care to elaborate?

>No, you're speaking out of your ass
>actually learn your lifts, loser

Kid, I did Oly for two years and can clean 150 kg. Fuck off.

A hang clean is just a clean that start from a hang position. A power clean is just a clean that is caught above parallel. A power clean IS a clean. And a hang power clean is a clean that starts from the hang position and is caught above parallel.

You're literally retarded, kys.

>When you have edges on your plates, everytime you reset, your bar won't be perfectly aligned like it should be.
So take 2 seconds and realign it. Big whoop.

The clean/power clean is a complex movement and isn't just "do xyz". You should read rippletits chapter on it and maybe supplement with Tony Kono or Greg Everett.

Rippletits won't teach you a proper clean in the Olympic sense, but it isn't designed to.

I couldn't poop. I just did, finally. I'm really relieved. Not a lot came out, but I'm still glad to poo.

>e-stats
>says terrible powerclean form is ok
>endorses hex plates

please just stop

Why? When deadlifting my working weight, I don't want to have to pause, realign myself or my bar, and then go again.

This has happened and it's terrible. There is a reason you only find hex plates in shitty commercial family gyms.

Same thing goes for pendlay rows. It keeps messing up and ruins the set.

kay whatever dude, if you're so much of a diva you can't take 2 seconds to realign a bar you have no place giving advice in this thread

how weak are you?

Honestly. No lifter who knows what he's doing wants his working set moving around and having a bunch of things breaking his focus and rhythm.

Holy fuck man I can't even comprehend how dumb you are.

youtube.com/watch?v=Q0zCmx-ZpD4

that's fine, I have no plans on ever doing olympic lifting.

P-please respond

What does chalk exactly do? Should I always use chalk?

Prevents sweaty hands, which causes calluses to rip and other shitty hand skin injuries. Gives you a better grip, resulting in far safer lifting.

You should always use chalk.

Why do I still hate myself even after getting fit? I feel like I've wasted all this time.

how do I increase shoulder endurance?

Started boxing again and holy fuck, my left shoulder was killing me(and we didnt even go HAM)

I do OHP 3x5, lateral raises 3x8 and also another exercise with the cables machine where it's like front raises but with a little bar 4x8(switch grips from over hand to underhand so 2x each grip)

is this too much?

What do you do besides lift?

I'm having trouble adding size to my chest. I've read that close grip dumb bell bench press can possibly help, but it seems to me that it would focus more on the triceps?

I know that getting stronger triceps can help all my chest exercises, but will the close grip DB press be good for chest size/be mostly a chest exercise on its own?

Wich one of pic related is better for a begginer also can i take creatine only on my workout days or should i take them every day

Do any of you have large scars? Does it get in the way with building muscle? I have a rather large scar on my left arm and am wondering if it will impede muscle gain