Whose /ThinkingAboutThosBeans/ here?

Whose /ThinkingAboutThosBeans/ here?

Pic related, just had 2 cups of these bad boys.

Enjoy your piss low bio availability

LIES

>Davidsson L, Dimitriou T, Boy E et al. Protein and Iron bioavailability from iron-fortified Guatemalan meals based on corn tortillas and black bean paste. Am J Clin Nutr, Mar 2002; 75: 535 - 539. 2002.

I'm actually changing meat to a mixture of beans. For every 100 grams of meat I eat 400 grams of beans. Beans actually have more essential amino acids save for methionine which I will be getting from eggs and dairy (I eat four eggs and 500 Grams of quark a day). I also add some olive oil to the beans to get some fats.

Macros for 400 grams of mixed beans (lentils, black- and broadbeans) are something like this:
>500kcal, 80 carbs with almost zero sugar, fat free and ~35 grams of protein

Seems like a decent meal to me concidering that I add a spoonful of oil to get some more calories and fat in there. And it's cheap as hell.

Sounds like a good, healthy, and filling meal. I just had a 460g black and kidney bean stew.

Beans are great for poorfags. Healthy and cheap with endless variety. Absolutely terrible weight:protein:calories ratio though.

Anyone trying to get the bulk (pun not intended) of their protein through legumes is an idiot.

Black beans also taste amazing. I only started eating them recently after a Mexican restaurant opened in my city.

Black beans are the god tier of the beans type.

By way of comparison: 460g of chicken breast is over 100g protein with just as much if not fewer calories.

To get as much protein from lentils as you do lean meat (or even dairy) would require 1-2kg of them every day. Goodbye your toilet.

....im thinkign about em again Richard

Could eat Garbanzo beans for every meal

Were the people of Sumer swole?

My plan actually has me eating 1,2kg of cooked beans during the day. Since they also have carbs I don't need to cook rice.

Sprout your beans for even more nutrients, protein and less carbs.

Or forever stay a normie.

Eating soup with black beans & chicken breast right now as my pre-workout.
>all that protein

3 tbs (30g) Hemp seeds = 11g Protein

Hemp seed is 33% protein
Hemp seed is 35% essential fatty acid
(Omega 3, 6, 9 and GLA)
Contains all 9 essential amino acids
Contains 6.2 x more Omega-3 than raw tuna
Contains an abundant source of GLA
Rich in trace minerals
High in dietary fiber

I don't know which labels to trust. Dry Goya black beans are apparently 150 cals and 10g protein per 1/4 cup, but the canned ones are somehow listed as 90 calories and 7g protein per 1/2 cup. These can't both be correct.

How else could they build ziggurats?

Those aren't terribly far from one another. The dry are labeled as having 15cal/g of protein, while the canned, pre-cooked ones have 12.86 cal/g of protein. One or both is clearly wrong, but you have a pretty decent idea of the calorie and protein content.

Haven't been able to find black beans in Austria but I bought some on my trip to Barcelona and made pic related a week ago and again yesterday. Turned out amazing both times. Today I also finally found a store that sells them where I live.

I only buy canned ones because I don't have time to soak and cook them from scratch.

We get the Goya brand black beans here and some local Finnish brand in tetra packs.

Recepie?

No, he's right. I love beans and usually have them at least once a day, but they're just a high fiber carb source with that shit bioavailability.

>250g dry black beans
>red and green pepper & optionally chili pepper, diced
>medium sized onion, diced
>3-4 cloves of garlic, minced
>100 ml water
>0.5 l chicken or vegetable stock
> 1/2 teaspoon salt
> 1 teaspoon cumin
> 1 teaspoon chili powder

instructions

>soak beans overnight
>fry onions, peppers and garlic in a pot (just a little bit)
>add beans and liquids
>put lid on and let simmer for around 90 minutes
>add cumin, chili powder and salt
>simmer for another hour
>add some lime juice and optionally cilantro leaves and uncooked peppers
>sour cream also goes really well with it

The amount of liquid needed can be a little bit tricky. If it's too watery you can remove the lid and turn up the heat a notch until the excess water has evaporated.

> Beans and Legumes
Enjoy your estrogen.

The health benefits of eating beans and legumes vastly outweighs any potential negative side effects due to eating slightly more xeno-estrogens.

Are you mentally retarded? YOu really think there is estrogen in beans?

>soak

You don't actually have to soak them, it's optional.

I love beans. I eat either beans or lentils daily and they are great at filling you up. All the fibre helps you to prevent blood sugar spikes and promotes healthy bacteria in your guts. They are rich in minerals and perfect for overall health!

vegans gains pls go

>that first legume

i been thinkin about these beans all day

This reads like an advertisement but it's totally true.

>references of forced memes from the vee

Baked beans + tuna covered in Nandos hot sauce is v nice

Somone has to support the poor bean farmers. They don't have any big lobby to advertise their product (except for soy)

Love black beans. Cowpeas, Kidney and Pinto beans are nice too.

no he's not, their bioavailability is fine.

been there, done that. beans with olive oil is great.

lentils are great too but aren't complete protein.

you might want to eat peanuts or pumpkin seeds as a fat+protein source, they're nutritionally very similar, with PS having the better aminoacid profile.

they don't increase protein. they often grow in carbs and nutrients, but not protein. in fact, I never saw that happen.

cant you just add some eggs with your beans and rice for dat dere protein?

I grind up black beans and use them in soup. It's a healthy way to add flavour.

>showing that something other than meat is good for gains = vegan shill
You're retarded.

Tfw Mexican here, always have beans in a pot cooked. Cheap complete protein