Poland-lithuanian commonwealth

What exactly was it?
Was it really that important and if so should I know about it?
Tell me about their history, what they did for the world, why they fell, etc.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YEONLGOSnZQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ibu-XGHUWYY
youtube.com/watch?v=TW_hcZCY6QM
youtube.com/watch?v=Fkr-U2yvYO4
youtube.com/watch?v=IwwXJ8u7eTM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balto-Slavic_languages
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>What exactly was it?
A meme gone wrong

no, irrelevant country which looked big but actually ruled over empty steppes and swamps. was BTFO by virtually every one if its neighbors, until they finally decided to put an end to the joke and partitioned it.

why did it exist in the first place?

>What exactly was it?
Poles stabbing in the back their allies.

A deeply dysfunctional country, in which nobility usurped power, which led to its complete political impotency, both external and internal

Pole here, our greatest mistake.
Lithuanians easternized our country and hindered economical development of Poland, while leading us to fight pointless wars against Russia.
We should have united with Czechs and Hungarians instead and take Silesia and Pomerania back from Germanics

This this meme telling me that the Poles are INCOMPETENT DISAPPOINTMENTS that got trolled hard by the Lithuanians or that the Poles didn't believe in Lithuanians?
Or are you one of those disgusting Battler Beto shippers?

A big Slavshit blob.

Subhuman and treacherous "neighbours" + idiotic policy ("democracy" in times of kingdoms and empires) + imbecile rulers + being cucked by Vatican, which resulted in:
- 123 years of non-existence
- 50 years of communism
- countless wars and uprisings
- total destruction and theft of Polish culture, genocides of our elites, intelligentsia etc
And somehow we are still here

Poland and the PLC were great reservoirs of culture and development throughout the entire 15th and 16th centuries. It was rich and (relatively) stable, and was probably one of if not the nicest place to live during those centuries in the middle of the last millennium

Swedeshitters ruined it though, they looted and burnt almost every palace, library, archive and gallery in the PLC, they massacred, in some places, up to 3/4 of the population, and are the reason Poland in the last few centuries has gone from France-Tier to what it is now

It was quite unique and showed that Poland was the most free country in Europe. And oh, it wasn't really szlachta that mostly fucked up the Commonwealth, they were actually the soul of the nation and cultural and knowledge propagators, but some magnate families like the Radziwiłł's.
Actually the protestants and calvinists like the Radziwiłł's wanted the Cossacks (a warrior class of refugees to the borderland (U+kraina) of mostly Ruthenian but also Polish, Lithuanian, Scottish, Dutch ethnicity as well) to rise up against the Catholic majority so the protestants from the north could overtake the country, then later the Radziwiłł's literally begged Sweden to invade and are partly responsible for causing the Deluge - all in the name of destroying Catholicism.

Prussians were supported by other protestants, mostly Britain through proxies like Sweden and Prussia. The protestants wanted to destroy Catholic Poland because it was the largest and most powerful country loyal to the Vatican. The Brits were the 4th partitioner of Poland through funding Prussia.

>The cries of the papist

No Sweden invaded because their king was a dickhead that wanted to piss off all of Europe and wanted to inherit Poland as well

>What exactly was it?
An argument against libertarianism

I just wanted to learn about those guys, all I know about them is they're slav nations that somehow ended up together for some reason around the 1500s.

read Norman Davies, people here have no clue, they just want to unload their butthurt towards poles.

>and are the reason Poland in the last few centuries has gone from France-Tier to what it is now
ON THE OTHER HAND
if this wouldn't happen then today we might be a vibrant rich multicultural country like France...

what was Polish culture like pre-commonwealth and how's it different from today?

>What exactly was it?
youtube.com/watch?v=YEONLGOSnZQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ibu-XGHUWYY
youtube.com/watch?v=TW_hcZCY6QM
youtube.com/watch?v=Fkr-U2yvYO4
And here is a great lecture on it and the whole region itself.
youtube.com/watch?v=IwwXJ8u7eTM

Lithuanians aren´t exactly slavs, they are something close to germanics

Lithuanians are part own group of breed, the Baltic peoples, and they are the only ones who are remotely competent. The rest were assimilated by either the Russians or the Germans (with a bit of a slaughter in the latter case).

liths and belarusians are pretty much the same people genetically. people hare are truly fucking retarded.

>genetics us the same as ethnicity
I want haplotards to kys

>liths and belarusians are pretty much the same people genetically.
Hardly so. Belorussians came from an East-Slavic tribe that is roughly split in half between Russia and them.
Lithuanians came from a set of Baltic tribes.

Belorussian and Lithuanian languages are completely foreign, while Belorussian, Ukrainian and Russian are as close as being dialects.

Keep dreaming about being germanic

>Lithuanians aren´t exactly slavs, they are something close to germanics
You retard, Balts and Salvs have the same Balto-Slavic ancestors before they split.

I don't give a shit about being Germanic, you fucking sperg. I bet you're one of those Amerimutt armchair experts on European genetics and ethnicity.

>being cucked by Vatican
Can you explain what you mean by this?

>Indonesia and Bolivia decided to form a commonwealth
What were they thinking?

>123 years of non-existence
And I see balkanites whining less about being 500 years under turks

Did I mention once that either Balts or East Slavs have anything to do with Germanic?