Polish History

Is Polish as dark as these games make them out to be?

Jesus Christ.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MhzeRKskw4s
witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Nilfgaardian_Empire
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pagan_reaction_in_Poland
eupedia.com/europe/Haplogroup_I1_Y-DNA.shtml
imcjournal.com/index.php/en/volume-xvi-2016/contents-number-3-3/879-the-proto-slavic-warrior-in-europe-the-scythians-sarmatians-and-lekhs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Mongols
>Teutonic Knights
>Swedes
>Muscovites
>Turks
>Russians
>Germans
>Communists

Yes

Polish - Redanian
HRE - Nilfgaardian
Norse - Skellige Isles
French - Toussaint

>HRE - Nilfgaardian
No, the Nilfgaardians are more like the Ottomans.

>Is Polish as dark as these games make them out to be?Jesus Christ.
yes

Yeah, but the Nilfgaards were actually intended to be modelled off the HRE, despite the actual portrayal not matching up.

No, they just love playing the victim card and LARP as the "christ of europe" like the crypto-jews they are

The polack cries out as he strikes you, they literally attacked and terrorized all of their neighbouring countries after WW1 under Pidsulski go look it up

>we are a proud warrior race oh kurwa we are the alphas of Europe we wuz winged lancers!!
>reeeee we are victims of Germany and Russia and we live on land given to us btw pls give gibs we need Western money to live we are bigger victims than Jews!

The Pole fears the White Man

Nope, there are sandniggers in the game. Ofieri or something

this

>Oy vey we just wanted to secure some polish lebensraum by stealing all this clay here all the way to the black sea, we so opressed n sheeit!

here comes the butthurt brigade

I wonder why are so many autistic Poles posting on Veeky Forums? Apparently Polish history is not that interesting and Poles seem to be unable to have a educated discussion about history anyways. So why are all the retards here shitting up the board?

>butthurt
>Poles calling other people butthurt

Ah yes, because tankies and wehrniggers that shit up every poland-related thread is "an educated disscusion about history" give me a fucking break lmao

No one here has any clue, why pretend it's any different.
I suggest you to look at this thread again and see the plain and simple butthurt that gets spawned every time Poland is mentioned. Same people shit up those threads with insults and evident brainletism.

How exactly are they modelled on the HRE?
Nigga, I'm talking about their expansion and not looks...

Oh stfu.

Do you even know what that map is supposed to show you idiot?

I know this is ironic, but the Poles were really better and more humanitarian than their neighbors.
What was even the worst thing we did in WW2? Jedwabne? Max 500 Jews. This is nothing compared to Ukrainians, Lithuanians, Hungarians and so on.
Bereza Kartuska? 15 people died or so. Compared to virtually any other dictatorship it was a paradise.
Disloyal minorities such as Ukrainian terrorists literally deserved ethnic cleansing and what the Poles did? Pretty much nothing.

>Jedwabne? Max 500 Jews.
Jedwabne was done by Germans.
youtube.com/watch?v=MhzeRKskw4s

- witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Nilfgaardian_Empire

As I said, the details don't actually match up with the HRE. But the *intent* was to base them on the HRE.

>Ukrainian terrorists literally deserved ethnic cleansing and what the Poles did? Pretty much nothing.
The Polish state sentenced Bandera to death for his terrorist activities, but in the end pardoned him and removed the sentence... Like WHY???

There are conflicting accounts. According to IPN:
>The perpetrators of the crime sensu stricto were Polish inhabitants of Jedwabne and its environs; responsibility for the crime sensu largo could be ascribed to the Germans. IPN found that Poles played a "decisive role" in the massacre, but the massacre was "inspired by the Germans". The massacre was carried out in full view of the Germans, who were armed and had control of the town, and the Germans refused to intervene and halt the killings. IPN wrote: “The presence of German military policemen.....and other uniformed Germans.....was tantamount to consent to, and tolerance of, the crime.”
So yeah, even the biggest Polish crime wasn't even fully Polish. And Jedwabne can't be even compared to Ponary or Babi Yar.

Nilfgaardian sounds germanic. Almost Old English/Dutch like

>Jedwabne
Even if that one was done by Poles, it was well deserved. Jedwabne Jews made a warm welcome for invading Red Army back in 1939, and later on aspired for most important offices in local communist administration, and were highly active in Red terror, pointing out and reporting uncooperative Poles in order to seize their properites. It is no coinsidence that Jews were forces to bury Lenin statue before getting killed.

>There are conflicting accounts. According to IPN:
Remember that the old IPN was run by communists which wanted to smear Poles in everyway because it was in Moscow's interest. The decisive role in most was watching as Germans in black uniforms pushed the people in the barn and set it on fire. Besides German bullets have been found in the bone fragments where the former barn stood during the partial excavation WHICH THEN THE JEWISH COMMUNITY WANTED THE EXCAVATION TO BE BLOCKED.

That's just nationalist nonsense. IPN was never ran by the communists.

It's not okay to burn people alive and we don't know if all people killed in Jedwabne were even communists.

the countryside getting devastated by war was pretty accurate portrayal to what happen to conquered people during medieval times
doesn't necessarily has to be related to Poland tho
i always thought that the war theme of the game was more inspired by bohemia (since sapkowski loved to write about hussite wars too) getting enroached by germans than Poland since polacks themselves were pretty stronk back then and won multiple wars against HRE

>I wonder why are so many autistic Poles posting on Veeky Forums?

To be fair. Poland is a mixture of Western and Eastern sensitivities. This makes Poles quite annoying to people from both East and West.

Moreover, from what I see, Poles simpl want to be recognized as a distinct nation rather than being part of some nebulous "Eastern Europe".

>being this triggered by facts and actual Veeky Forums related discussions on Veeky Forums

Nilfgaardian Empire is a mix of Roman Empire and HRE. Nilfgardian Emperors even called Ker'zaer by their subjects, sounds like Caesar or Kaiser

> Nilfgaard draws many parallels with the Roman Empire of the real world: a vastly powerful empire that, with the use of disciplined armies, assimilates other "barbarian" cultures into itself through hard conquest. Also similar is the feeling of superiority among its delegates and subjects (who like to believe they are all of the Elder Blood - descendants of Lara Dorren).
>The cult of the Great Sun amongst Nilfgaardians can be related to the cult of Sol Invictus ("Unconquered Sun") within the Roman Empire. Furthermore, the Witcher 2 clearly lampshades this idea. In one of the quest descriptions in chapter 1, Dandelion uses the phrase "When in Nilfgaard, do as the Nilfgaardians do" in exactly the same manner as we would use "When in Rome, do as the Romans do."

What I meant was, that there trails for example in in the Kielie pogrom etc., were done by communists which in the beginning inspired those pogroms to shift the blame on the Poles. Later IPN used those rigged communist trails as proof, and yes, some people in the old IPN had a shady past.

this discussions is pointless seeing as author himself confirmed that not a single nation in the book was inspired by some real life equivalent

This, Polacks are just whiners.

>To be fair. Poland is a mixture of Western and Eastern sensitivities.
And cultures, you nailed it.
>This makes Poles quite annoying to people from both East and West.
Yeah.

Sapkowski talks so much shit than you need to take his words with a grain of salt.

Poles are White Nordics.

No we are not Nords, we are Slavs, so gtfo with your BS.

Slavs are Nords.

It's because of idiots shitting on Poland and Polish history. I'm a liberal who hate nationalism and dislike PiS, but even I have to defend Poland on Veeky Forums.

>I'm a liberal who hate nationalism
That's because you're a cosmopolitan cuck.

Poland had a long period of stability starting with the late middle ages so the entire thing about Poland being in ruins all the time is often played for laughs and exaggerated. But if you're looking for a period similar to that from the Witcher then perhaps you're looking for this.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pagan_reaction_in_Poland

>timeline of Gdansk
Oh lel you just know it was posted against autistic germaboos claiming that someone else's cities are really German

>>timeline of Gdansk
Some one said timeline of Gdansk?

Ugly alpinid bitch. Clearly not really Slavic.

Oh it's your stupid as again. She's Slavic you retard.

Language shifting subhuman =/= Slavic.

The real Slavs are NORDIC :)

Yeah yeah. And you're that imbecile that thinks Mieszko was germanic lmao.

I don't know how Polish history can be compared to other. In Europe the English one is probably my favorite. I'd say Dutch history is ok but mainly the golden age. After that not so much and after WWII the biggest piece of news was a flood. I'd say Polish history doesn't have longer period of borderom and is among more interesting. Perhaps the most complicated.

>Mieszko was germanic
Indeed. His real name was Dago or Dagobert. Therefore "Dagome Iudex" :)

It is obligatory in Polish schools to read books about
>a girl that murders her sister, mother and husband for power, and is burned alive by God with a thunder at the end
>summining ghosts of damned souls - evil lord, girl who kept her virginity (she went to hell because she didn't share her beauty with no man) and a pair of kids (who went to hell because they died early and had no chance to suffer, do their lifes were too happy)
>A father getting his eyes gouged by Teutonics to let his daughter free
>A king who was eaten alive by rats with his whole family for murdering guests
>Ten poems of author grieving death of his eight year old daughter
>A promisying enterpreteur comitting suicide because his fiance lost a gift from him during sex with a stranger
>Relations of a man who dragged people to gas chambers in Auschwitz
Polish literature has dark but interesting tone.

Just kys.

Can you stop posting this ugly bitch? I want to puke now :/

WIR

Dagobert was his Christian baptizing name you while his original Slavic name was Mieszko you utter fucking retard.

I think I can decypher most of these but apart from historical epics my favorite will always be long books about the life in the city in the 19th century (written by contemporaries of course). Industrial revolution, urbanization, science, people trying to start a new business.

Genetics would support the other way around, as he had Teutonic R1b haplogroup :)

Just choke on your puke.

>had to colour her hair blond because she has complex of being non-Nordic
Lol'd hard.

>Indeed. His real name was Dago or Dagobert. Therefore "Dagome Iudex" :)

"Dagome Iudex" is a clusterfuck of a document, compiled by someone with no idea what's is it abuot. Seriously, whoever wrote that compilation thought that those weird geographical names were in Sicily. There's theory that "Dagome iudex", which has no sense in Latin, is actually corrupted "Ego Mesco Dux", i.e. "I, duke Mieszko".

>Genetics would support the other way around, as he had Teutonic R1b haplogroup :)
>Teutonic R1b
>Teutonic
>900's
Holy shit you're retarded. And stop lying and talking shit about something you have no idea about. You didn't even know when he got his Dagobert name and why.

>There's theory that "Dagome iudex", which has no sense in Latin, is actually corrupted "Ego Mesco Dux", i.e. "I, duke Mieszko".
Wishful thinking, I still think his Teutonic genes disprove this theory.

>>summining ghosts of damned souls - evil lord, girl who kept her virginity (she went to hell because she didn't share her beauty with no man) and a pair of kids (who went to hell because they died early and had no chance to suffer, do their lifes were too happy)
purgatory not hell senpai

>You didn't even know when he got his Dagobert name and why.
It's simple. It's his name birth given to him because he was a Germanic warrior just like Rurik in Russia :)

>Genetics would support the other way around, as he had Teutonic R1b haplogroup :)

Hurr durr, R1b is not Teutonic. I1 was far more prevalent among ancient Germanics. R1b is not that uncommon in the region of Greater Poland, about 15% of population has it.

Relevant linky.
eupedia.com/europe/Haplogroup_I1_Y-DNA.shtml

I1 was far more common in Germany before the genocide of Saxons by Charlemagne.

>Hurr durr, R1b is not Teutonic
In case of Poland, and especially the Greater Poland it is.
>I1 was far more prevalent among ancient Germanics
Irrelevant.
>R1b is not that uncommon in the region of Greater Poland, about 15% of population has it.
Because modern Wielkopolans are admixed with Germanics.

>Eupedia
This is just Maciamo's fantasy. He is a hardcore celtaboo who makes stuff up, and the most of his theories were later proven to be wrong.

DO IT AGAIN KARL X GUSTAV

>It's his name birth given to him
YOU RETARD HIS NAME OF BIRTH WAS MIESZKO WHILE HIS CHRISTIAN NAME WAS DAGOBERT WHEN HE BATIZED HIMSELF IN 966. THUS WHERE DAGO-ME(IESZKO) CAME FROM. DAGO + MIESZKO = DAGOME

It's objectively sad that the Swedes didn't take controll over the whole Poland and Lithuania. It would be beatiful place if it was ruled by the Nordic Scandinavian man and Germanicized ;(

I WILL eventually find you and behead you

you're just a vermin, a nord*ck tourist without a single drop of noble sarmatian blood

He is now a Celtaboo?

>DAGO + MIESZKO = DAGOME
Wishful thinking. Dagome is just a Latin gramatical form of the name Dago.

>noble sarmatian blood
On the topic of Sarmatian Iranian Aryans.
imcjournal.com/index.php/en/volume-xvi-2016/contents-number-3-3/879-the-proto-slavic-warrior-in-europe-the-scythians-sarmatians-and-lekhs

>Irrelevant

It is, you idiot. I1 is the haplotype that was common among ancient Germanic people until historical times, that is ethnic replacement during the Frankish conquest.

R1b is actually consistent with the native origin of Piast dynasty, since this is a haplotype commonly found in Greater Poland.

Surely, there was an admixture during the migration period, but this is again consistent with the native origin. "Admixture" is something that got assimilated.

Sarmatians were Nordic.

>Dagome is just a Latin gramatical form of the name Dago.
Even if so Dago was his Christian name which he got in 966! Are you a fucking deaf wall or something?

JUST KYS ALREADY

>It would be beatiful place if it was ruled by the Nordic Scandinavian man and Germanicized
Poland filled with soyboys watching their feminist women get raped by muslim migrants with arousal is a grim vision desu

>It is, you idiot. I1 is the haplotype that was common among ancient Germanic people until historical times, that is ethnic replacement during the Frankish conquest.
Let me guess, it's one of these Maciamo memes? Lol.
>R1b is actually consistent with the native origin of Piast dynasty, since this is a haplotype commonly found in Greater Poland.
Greater Poland was heavily Germanized since medieval, it was actually very German province before the end of WW2.

its really amusing to see a wh*te subhuman try to to appropriate slav (slave masters) history when the only connection between us from that time is that we sold you as slaves to romans and proxy civilized you that way

>Even if so Dago was his Christian name which he got in 966
It could be as well the opposite and his Teutonic blood supports this theory.

>It could be as well the opposite
KYS KYS KYS

Sarmatians were Blond-haired aryans just like the Slavs :) Just read their description made by several Ancient historians, and look at their skull shapes. They were of the NORDIC race.

>it was actually very German province before the end of WW2.
AFTER HEAVY GERMNAZISATION ATTEMTS BY THE PRUSSIANS DURING THE 19TH CENTURY. They did same shit in Torun and its Polish majority became the minority and the German minority became the majority in 50 years.

>AFTER HEAVY GERMNAZISATION ATTEMTS BY THE PRUSSIANS DURING THE 19TH CENTURY
Indeed. You have just proven my point. R1b in Greater Poland is GERMANIC :)

>R1b in Greater Poland is GERMANIC :)
They were expelled in 1945 you idiot. And many of those Poles were just Germanized Polish Slavs you idiot, just as Eastern "Germans" are.

>They were expelled in 1945 you idiot
It's irrelevant because the Poles there were German admixed too :) This is where their R1b comes from, the GERMANIA.

Germanic immigrants in both Medieval (głuchoniemcy) and Prussian times were mostly from the western part. This is why they brought R1b to Polenland.

But poles caused Russian history to be dark, not the other way around.

BTW, why the fuck do we get 2-3 threads about poland every single day? Is it because of kekshitstani spillovers from pol are obsessed with "MUH BASED POLANDIVM DEFENDING EVROPA"?

So the thread just got successfully destroyed with a bunch of some numbers and data that don't belong on this board. We can leave now.

Poland needs to liberate Russia again.

>we independent now, it will be great!
>it's actually shit
90% of Polish literature from early 20th century.

I would be more for the liberations of east "German" Slavic lands and kicking out the Turks and Arabs which the German cucks invited.

Russia isn't occupied.

Anyway we liberated and even gave you pomerania, silesia and bElOstok so stop biting the hand that feeds you.