The only way medievalism would work would be if you killed 60 percent of the population and made the entire country...

The only way medievalism would work would be if you killed 60 percent of the population and made the entire country farmland.

>medievalism
islamic conquests?

>if you killed

why do that when you could just wait for nature to do it in the next 150 years?

This. Just wait for the collapse of all the oil economies and we will be launched into a post apocalyptic world where warlords control territory with ownership over people, just like feudalism.

This reminds of that one universe or franchise or whatever set in the future (I think this was made jn the 90s) where you have futuristic technology but the vast majority of people live like the 1400s. Even the armies use lancers and firearms are uncommon. Any know what I’m talking about?

No idea but sounds great. I've been wanting to right a series of books about that sort of thing for a while now, maybe 80 years after the fall of civilisation so characters can reminisce the 'good auld days' to the young leads. I went into real autistic detail with my planning but I don't know if anyone would be interested.

You make that sound like a bad thing.

I would read that shit. I loved Warzone 2100 and Mad Max when I was a kid. I wish there would be more movies set in a post apocalyptic future instead of the generic sci-fi world

You called?

cowboyism>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

fuck is cowboyism

>I've been wanting to right a series of books

You're off to a bad start my man.

>medievalism

>The only way Communism would work would be if you killed 60 percent of the population and made the entire country farmland.

:^)

>cowboyism
Right off your ass.

okay lads, tell me when this gets too autistic:

>British isles (only place i know well enough to write about in all honesty)
>80-or-so years after the collapse of civilisation
>main character is son of warlord engaged to marry princess of the largest kingdom in the whole of britain
>Empire is acctually the size of Luxembourg
>main character is to journey to the girl he is his betrothed to and obtain an audience with his soon-to-be father-in-law
>journey begins in the main character's home town in North Wales
>due to an end of English visitors and a rise in nationalism in the area after the collapse, Welsh as a language become the common tongue.
>exploration of cultural and societal changes since our present
>old castles become the homes of the aristocratic rulers such as the family of the main character as a source of prestige (and since no one is able to make artillery pieces, these fortifications are now militarily useful)
>towns are now unsavory places with only the most basic sanitation (basically Indian tier). most people are now laborers or farmers, with a smaller number being merchants selling mostly woolen clothes and fish in markets.
>christianity has seen a revival in popularity due to the severity of the situation and the lack of education, but has now developed strange traditions special to particular areas from the lack a centralised church.
>the church is also the only organisation remotely interested in the preservation of old ideas and texts since the termination of the internet (apart from a heavy number of intellectual elites that fled to the isle of Mann out of persecution, but I'll go into detail with that later)
>main character journeys to the seat of the 'Empire' along old dilapidated motorways
>witnesses murders, rapes and muggings as he travels with his party
>ragtag highwaymen armed with ancient farmer's shotguns and hunting rifles are causing havoc without any consequences
cont?

>farmland that doesn't get used

fixed

Go on. What is the cause of the apocalypse though?

>main character travels through fields greener they have been for hundreds of years
>sees power stations swallowed by life; chimneys and vents now coloured with flora
>character finally arrives at the palace of the 'emperor', in the centre of a huge metropolis
>not a castle or a real palace, but a grand red brick mill
>main character meets his betrothed, and is marveled by her beauty
>spends many days with the princess and both of them fall for eachother's noble character and love for all things good
>Emperor is not present however and is campaigning in Manchester
>our protagonist proceeds to journey towards his future father-in-law
blah blah blah
>main character finally makes it to an audience with the war-ing chieftan
>barbaric acts are seen:
>the city is completely besieged, cries of hunger can be heard throughout the vast waves brick
>The Emperor in his judgement dictates that whites will be allowed their 'freedom' from the city and serve in his fields and mines as serfs until they die of exhaustion
>non-whites are treated with utter disdain, and are allowed to starve to death
>non-whites who try to escape find themselves with little knowledge of the countryside and are easily picked up by the Emperor's men and publicly executed.
>protagonist feels sick with disgust for the barbarism of the Emperor and the jovial nature in which he conducts such actions
>yet he still feels love for the pure at heart daughter, and comes to the conclusion that he must not allow an alliance between the two nations exist but he must also be with the girl he holds dear
>he concludes that he must elope with her, and so begins the tale.

what do you think guys? :^)

Makes me wanna read the shadow of the torturer

I was thinking of a complete dissolution of global connectivity (like the internet, phones, television etc) through timely onslaught of civil unrest throughout the world, economic crashes brought on by oil markets and diseases spreading without cures.

This actually sounds like a good story. As long as you don’t go full autism mode and describe every little detail of the setting, this would probably be a good selling book.