Who were the Sea Peoples?

Who were the Sea Peoples?

I've heard some people think they are a myth but why?

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.com/databank/jedi-temple
youtube.com/watch?v=bRcu-ysocX4
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21687714
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16645092
journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0071004
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0305440312000416?via=ihub
pnas.org/content/105/43/16460.full
researchgate.net/publication/234107730_Fragmenting_the_Sea_People_With_an_Emphasis_on_Cyprus_Syria_and_Egypt_A_Tel_Dor_Perspective
pnas.org/content/105/43/16460.full#xref-ref-35-1
books.google.it/books?id=F_7zBwAAQBAJ&pg=PA80&lpg=PA80&dq=pyla kokkinokremos vaso locale&source=bl&ots=2u7XqRqDzL&sig=JyiGeBJEu-LbtA6fdXAA_cursb4&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjz7ozz9K3YAhVI46QKHSGUAJ8Q6AEINTAB#v=onepage&q=pyla kokkinokremos vaso locale&f=false
youtube.com/watch?v=skRuzlCA8Yo&t=3s
honorfrostfoundation.org/up-from-the-sea-mariner-networks-in-ports-across-the-late-bronze-age-east-mediterranean-linda-hulin-and-s-german-2016/
academia.edu/225687/M._Mehofer_co-authored_with_R._Jung_A_sword_of_Naue_II_type_from_Ugarit_and_the_Historical_Significance_of_Italian_type_Weaponry_in_the_Eastern_Mediterranean_Aegean_Archaeology_8_2008_111_136
youtube.com/watch?v=O6CwiP5KIK0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Niggers and fags

If Africa was so advanced, how did they get overrun by white hordes living in a cave?

Is Battlefield:Earth an accurate account? Did wh*te cavemen commander advanced African craft and use it against them?

Some of the first cities in history were built in Europe.

>taking twitter seriously
>2017
Even the library of Congress is tired of their shit

Corsicans and Sardinians

Canaanites

they had open border policy

So OP's /pol/ pic aside, how many of you are going to see Black Panther in droves? i know i am.

I ask /pol/ the same question. "If whites are so superior why have they been controlled by Jews for all these centuries"

you never get a good answer when horseshoe theory is involved

these arent even real twitter accounts

Lmao, why does the negress post pictures of Coruscant? I'm going on a limb here, but I'd presume that the CGI designers at LuscasFilm were 90%+ White at the time.

Africa was called the 'dark continent' for a reason. I doubt they would have had the numbers to really even have 'borders' that would encompasses all of the continent.

Like, I know that our paintings show natives immediately walking up to Europeans as they landed ashore of the New World, but that very rarely happened, especially in North America.

It's possible that they may have been Veneti, Liburnian, or Illyrian pirates that sailed to the eastern Mediterranean. Does anybody know about an Adriatic Sea connection?

Also George Lucas invented the planet, making it 100% White in that sense.

Even if you believe that artists only steal, he copied the 'look' from Blade Runner, which had a White director (Ridley Scott) and was based off of a book with a White author (Philip K. Dick), and you could see as a future vision of what highly urbanised areas (a product of North-West European ingenuity, industrialisation, and the agricultural revolution) would be like in the future.

We do not know.
They could come from anywhere really and settle in any place.
See and .
They could be even raiders from Mesoamerica.
Anyway what surprise me is that nobody mention that some of the Sea peoples that assaulted Egypt were circumcised and that nobody even mention Arabic origins.

fucking lost it

did you really

I am easily entertained

well they haven't been controlled by jews for centuries. Whats the basis for that?

If Jews are so superior to everyone, why is it they still go to synagogue instead of going to Temple?

Here in Sardinia our Archeologist are studying the Sherden with passion and are trying to find possible links between the Nuragic and them
The way they were dressed and armed shows a strong similarity between them, we also know from Greek sources that Sardinians were also raiding Greece from time to time
The people from mainland Italy are accusing us of wewuzzing though, stupid continentals

No: it's actually mostly the Italian archaeologists who think the Sherden were Sardinians while the Sardinian archaeologists tend to deny that because they're afraid of Sardinian nazis rising

There is pottery from Calabria, Sicily, Sardinia and Apulia in Mycenaean cities and in the Levant, so it's possible

Multiple ethnic groups that banded together to rape and pillage their way through the civilised world.
We know the Egyptians that at least some of them were Canaanites as they had circumstanced penises.

>Who were the Sea Peoples?
It's been lost to history
>some people think they are a myth
There is ample evidence for the sea raiders in the archaeological record. For more info, read about the Late Bronze Age collapse.

aren't there also drawings at the medinet habu of the sea peoples too?

what if the sea peoples were the descendants of the ancient atlantean civilization?

So they were going to go from mudhuts and spears to flying cars in 150 years?

If by drawings you mean inscriptions, then yes. The most detailed evidence comes from contemporaneous Egyptian inscriptions and memoranda inscribed in Hittite tablets.

ah interesting then

>when an anti-poltard gets btfo by himself having to take a /pol/ position
It's hilarious watching this happen, what an absolute retard.

it's mostly about that theory of sardinia being atlantis

Yes, that's retarded

T.Sardinian

Well, some of them were Minoans so in a way they were.

The Sea People were the people who formed classical Greece. The only survivors to withstand the Sea People were the Trojans.

The sea people’s origin is completely lost.

Troy was destroyed as well as the majority of the city states in Anatolia including Hattusa, Tarsus and Mersin

The Sea People's weren't one race, they weren't even one alliance of races, or even one wave of alliances of races, they were multiple waves of raiders who waged a generations-long onslaught against civilization. The first wave were probably barbarians and pirates, but the second wave included the survivors from the first wave, who were reduced to joining the second wave in raiding after their own civilization had been destroyed in the first wave, this is why you see "Peleset" / Phillistines among the Sea Peoples, these were Mycenean Greeks who just a generation earlier had been civilized peoples but whose cities had been burned down in the first wave. The last waves no doubt contained the descendants of civilizations from across the region, Canaanites and Hittites and Greeks, as well as outsiders such as Sardinians and Libyans.

The best analogy for them is the vikings, who likewise weren't a single race, weren't all allied, and who represented a phenomena that spanned multiple generations of raiding.

>we taught white people astrology

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

My 2 cents is that the Sea People were jews in alliance with other enemies of the great empires, and caused a war so stupid, everyone lost.

Phoenicians probably who invited foreigners from the west like Mycenaeans & Co to the Levant, so pretty close

Jews didn't exist during the bronze age you dope, Moses and the Levites didn't leave Egypt until the 10th century BC, centuries after the Sea Peoples.

this, pretty much. the only definitive evidence is that they existed for about a hundred years, their origins and motivations have been lost to history, and that there is some correlation of their existence to the Late Bronze Age collapse.
Whether they precipitated the collapse or were victims is largely unknown.

That is because Ashkenazim are European (or at least central Eurasian in origin).

Good people. Civilization should be destroyed, cities should burn, temples should be razed and the priests slaughtered like cattle. Virgin civilicuck has always feared the chad barbarian because he knows he's the divine instrument to punish his urbanite degeneracy.

>he says, on a computer, over the internet

You're welcome, barbarinigger
>t.civilicuck

High level of discourse etc

I got fatigue and boredom from superhero movies now.

>wahhh hating civilizations means you're a shitposter
No.

It means you're a dope and a hypocrite if it you do it over the internet, tho.

Hopefully internet ceases to exist soon too, can't wait for the screeching numales committing mass suicide because of no Netflix.

>hopefully all this evildumb technology will vanish
>but only after I'm done using it

like I said, a hypocrite.

They all moved to Europe and mixed with the locals?

On the contrary they fought tooth and nail for their freedom, one tribe at a time.

I'll be just fine and cozy like I was before internet was really a thing, civilicuck.

If you were alive before the internet was a thing, then you're too old to be fending for yourself innawood. Quit larping and accept that civilization is just objectively superior.

>30+ is too old
If you're a civilicuck manlet raised in a city and fed industrial waste maybe.

Nigga, I was born in the 70's and my aches and pains make me grateful my ancestors took the Bread Pill and adopted city living. Enjoy dying of an easily treated illness in your 30's, pleb.

>city trash
Might as well be stillborn. Let me guess, under 180 cm? Skinnyfat? Squeamish when animals are getting killed?

6' bearmode I'm afraid, ironically I'd do pretty well in a caveman society but I'm not dumb enough to yearn for it.

>I'd do pretty well
>aches and pains
Hmmm

Aches I only have because I've outlived the typical primnigger lifespan.

>ooga booga me strong man me survive without ebul civilisation
Absolutely embarrassing

Sea peoples were a collage of peoples from all over the mediterranean, a piracy confederation

>Lmao, why does the negress post pictures of Coruscant?
Pretty sure that's from the new Black Panther movie.

This. A really absurd and ridiculous situation. The Sherden=Nuragics thing is already obvious to anyone.

Look closer, the images on the bottom left are of the Star Wars planet.

The image on the left is random and I can't name the location, but the image on the right is identifiably the Jedi temple.
starwars.com/databank/jedi-temple

The Sea Peoples were Jews, the Egyptians invented Judaism to keep them in line.

But they did.
The Shekelstain tribe that was circumcised, defeated and enslaved by Egypt.

Correct, now what about the connection between vikings and sea people?

Don't listen to these fucking retards. There is ZERO evidence that the Sea People's were from Sardinia and Sicily other than that
Sherden and Sikil are similar words. The only confirmed sea peoples were the Peleset/Philistines...Philistine pottery indicates that they came from Mycenae Greece. Other pottery in the area (tentatively associated with the Sekelesh/Sikil) is from Syria and some from Anatolia. The Meshwesh were also mentioned with the Sea Peoples and they were Libyans. Other words associated with the Sea Peoples seem to mean things such as "brigands", "nomads/refugees", "outcasts", and "desert people" although linguists are not quite sure. Some of the Sea Peoples also seem to be from Lukka, which is basically Mycenaean Greeks in Ionia/Western Anatolia.
tl;dr Sea Peoples from Sardina, Sicily, etc is pretty much a meme with no real evidence.

Except it isn't because its been almost completely discarded by archaeologists and historians.

Not him but not really, it’s just not possibile to establish with the current data, but there are a huge number of archaeologists who vouch for that hypothesis

T.Retard who has read the wikipedia article and thinks he’s well informed

There is evidence connecting the sea peoples and Italy, of course it’s not 100% conclusive, but to completely dismiss it means to other ignore it or to be biased

For starters there is archaeological evidence for south italians, sardinians and sicilians showing up in the Aegean and Levant exactly during the centuries when the sea peoples show up in those places.

This is attested by Italian pottery for those places showing up in greece, crete, cyprus and syria, recent chemical analysis have confirmed that most of that pottery came from Sicily, Sardinia and South Italy, the fact that some of those pottery was made locally further confirms their presence because it’s low quality pottery that would only be there if it was brought by those who typically make it.

Secondly the weapons that the sea peoples introduce to the Eastern Mediterranean were Italian, the closest prototypes are the cetona and Allerona swords, and in fact the first Naue II swords in the Aegean were made in Italy, major archaeologists like Reinhard Jung think that Italian mercenaries were at service in the Aegean world since before the Italian Naue II prototypes, this is confirmed by the find of a Sicilian Pertosa sword in the Uluburun wreck and by Italian razors and ceramics being found in almost every major Mycenaean citadel

Or you could be putting the cart before the horse by discounting the possibility that some of the Sea Peoples eventually settled in Italy and Sardinia after being kicked out of the Eastern Mediterranean.

They were just criminals. Maybe even Illyrians, but that's just me saying one random group.

Unlikely, first of all the objects that I mentioned were typical of those indigenous cultures and were thus first found in Italy and only later in the Eastern Mediterranean, secondly there are no signs of foreign settlements in Italy during those years, and even Thapsos in Sicily which was thought to be foreign is now confirmed to have been a native settlement.

So the hypothesis of Levantines settling in Italy which was made in the 70s by Sandars has now been discarded by most archaeologists after the find of typically Italian pottery and weapons in the Levant.

>Corsicans and Sardinians
>Implying it wouldn't take decades to sail from Sardinia before renaissance tech

youtube.com/watch?v=bRcu-ysocX4

I wince everytime someone unironically uses "alchemy" and "astrology" as some kind of civilizational achievement.

Kek, what? No.

This. The Levantine hypothesis is fucking retarded, since there are no proofs of any invasion or foreign settlement anywhere in Italy and also, regarding Sardinia, it ignores a lot of other data:

1- the weapons, shields and horned helmets of Nuragic bronze statuettes and Egyptian representations of the Sherden are the same.

2 - "The island in the great green" is clearly Sardinia, that at the time was considered the biggest one because of its coastline.

3 - The word "ŠRDN" only ever appears in the Nora Stone, found in Sardinia.

4 - The Nuragics were already a very well known seafaring civilization, that traded in all of the Mediterranean for centuries, and Greek sources tell us that they also raided and attacked some settlements the area.

The Italian hypothesis also makes way more sense when it comes to the origin of the Shekelesh and the Teresh, and has more evidence than the other ones.

Also the studies about Sardinian DNA demonstrate that it did not change significantly since the Neolithic, another proof that there was not a new population arriving there from the outside and settling on the island.

>IWW HRYU NW WAD WR

What?

Left is the Republic Senate in the distance and the Senate Office Building (Fmr. House of the Galactic Representatives) in the foreground

Cheers.

>T.Retard who has read the wikipedia article and thinks he’s well informed
I don't think Wikipedia even mentions that Italian, Sardinian, and Sicilian hypothesis are almost completely ignored nowadays. Robert Drews hasn't been taken seriously in a decade.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21687714
Here's a current source on the Sea Peoples, no mention of Sardinia or Sicily at all.
There is NO EVIDNECE of Sardinian or Sicilian pottery or anything in the Aegean or Levant.
journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0071004
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0305440312000416?via=ihub
pnas.org/content/105/43/16460.full
researchgate.net/publication/234107730_Fragmenting_the_Sea_People_With_an_Emphasis_on_Cyprus_Syria_and_Egypt_A_Tel_Dor_Perspective
Italian pottery can be found in lots of place but it ALL was exported. The only evidence for domestic pottery is domestic Mycenaean pottery in the Levant, aswell as domestic Syrian and Eastern Anatolian pottery....possibly some domestic Cypriot pottery. ZERO Italian pottery. Also source on Italian weapons in Mycenaean cities.
The use of European weapons by Sea Peoples is based on Egyptian depictions. Actual documented changes in weaponry has been definitely debunked to such a degree that most of the field doesn''t even consider Robert Drew's and Reinhard Jung's hypothesis. Sardinian and Italian mercenaries were probably used but that proves nothing.
>typically italian pottery and weapons in the Levant
literally making that up because its not true at all
1- not very convincing nor is it unique
2-- wat
3- not attested until 2 centuries until after the Bronze Age collapse
4- Most of the civilizations in the Mediterranean engaged in seafaring and long distance trade.

Trips don't lie, and as I was researching for a paper I wrote on the Bronze age collapse I was surprised to see NO references to the Sardinian/Sicilian hypothesis.
Mycenaean cities were mostly destroyed by earthquakes, not raids. Italian razors are found in Mediterranean islands, not major cities, and to my knowledge they're associated with TRADE, not invasion. The Uluburun wreck is clearly not confirming anything other than long distance trade existed, which we already knew.

Are those screenshots from Revenge of the Sith?

Its also worth mentioning that the population collapse that occured in Italy, the proposed mechanism for the invasions, did not occur until a full century AFTER the Mycenaean civilization collapse and the Sea Peoples invaded the Levant.

This, i never see the sardinians mentioned in actual sources about the sea peoples that aren’t from the 90s

So, let's check the articles you posted:

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16645092
Not accessible, it doesn't say anything about the origins of Sea peoples and I'm not paying 30 euros for that.

>journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0071004
>"Despite the abundant literature devoted to the Sea peoples, we still do not know exactly who they were, where they came from, why they attacked, and, finally, where they disappeared to after their raids. Some scholars are even uncertain whether the Sea People’s existence was a cause or an effect of the decline of the LBA."
The article doesn't speak about the origin of the Sea People, it only studies the climate of the Eastern Mediterranean, using Cyprus as an example, to give a possible reason, IF they were from there, to get on the boats and start fucking up shit.

>sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0305440312000416?via=ihub
Not available, nothing about the origins of the Sea Peoples in the available part.

>pnas.org/content/105/43/16460.full#xref-ref-35-1
This article is not even about the Bronze Age Collapse or the Sea Peoples, why did you post it? It talks about a situation created by the power vacuum created by it but, again, there is nothing about Sea People's origin

>researchgate.net/publication/234107730_Fragmenting_the_Sea_People_With_an_Emphasis_on_Cyprus_Syria_and_Egypt_A_Tel_Dor_Perspective
The only paper about it, that tries to find origins in Syria and Egypt. Literally the only paper that says that, and just in a note that says "However, the notion that the Šikila arrived from Sicily and the Shardana from Sardinia seems generally to have been abandoned." without sources or reasons. Really?

You did not post a lot of sources, were you hoping nobody would open the links?

1/2

2/2

Anyway Christian Greco, Giovanni Ugas, Adam Zertal and many others published about it after the '90s or are publishing about it still today, and openly supported the hypothesis. The reason for you not finding enough data is that most of it is in Italian, but a different language doesn't make it less valid. Your idea that there are not recent publications from academics about the Sardinian/Italian hypothesis is just false.

Wrong, the terramare crisis occured in the 12th century bc, the sea peoples invasion of the levant and Egypt occurred at the same time.

>3- not attested until 2 centuries until after the Bronze Age collapse

Wrong, it was found in the Aegean since the 14th century bc, and in Cyprus in the Levant contemporarily to the Levant, while there is none dated to 2 centuries after the collapse, I don't know where you got that from.

>Italian pottery can be found in lots of place but it ALL was exported

Wrong, it was locally made in some cases

Sardinian pottery both imported and locally made in Pyla Kokkinokremos, which by the way karageorghis

>This may corroborate the evidence from Medinet Habu that among the Sea Peoples there were also refugees from various part of the Mediterranean, some from Sardinia, the Shardana or Sherden. … It is probable that these Shardana went first to Crete and from there they joined a group of Cretans for an eastward adventure. (KARAGEORGHIS, 2011b: 90)

books.google.it/books?id=F_7zBwAAQBAJ&pg=PA80&lpg=PA80&dq=pyla kokkinokremos vaso locale&source=bl&ots=2u7XqRqDzL&sig=JyiGeBJEu-LbtA6fdXAA_cursb4&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjz7ozz9K3YAhVI46QKHSGUAJ8Q6AEINTAB#v=onepage&q=pyla kokkinokremos vaso locale&f=false

Wrong:

26th minute of this video

As you can see there is plenty of it, but I suggest you watch the whole video, where it mentions finds of both imported and locally made pottery.

Other evidence of common domestic pottery include the Sardinian bowls, cooking pots and other common domestic pottery at Kommos in Crete

honorfrostfoundation.org/up-from-the-sea-mariner-networks-in-ports-across-the-late-bronze-age-east-mediterranean-linda-hulin-and-s-german-2016/

South italian pottery found and not exported, so reproduced locally at Tell Kazel and Tell Arqa in Syria and Lebanon:

I forgot to attach the last source:

academia.edu/225687/M._Mehofer_co-authored_with_R._Jung_A_sword_of_Naue_II_type_from_Ugarit_and_the_Historical_Significance_of_Italian_type_Weaponry_in_the_Eastern_Mediterranean_Aegean_Archaeology_8_2008_111_136

Not to mention that Italian pottery was completely bland and roughly made so there was no reason to "export" it

>y has been definitely debunked to such a degree that most of the field doesn''t even consider Robert Drew's and Reinhard Jung's hypothesis

What?

Even Eric H.Cline who is basically the biggest name in this field has explicitly said recently that he believes the sea peoples were from the Central and Western Mediterranean

youtube.com/watch?v=O6CwiP5KIK0

Wrong, the terramare crisis occured in the 12th century bc, the sea peoples invasion of the levant and Egypt occurred at the same time.

>3- not attested until 2 centuries until after the Bronze Age collapse

Wrong, it was found in the Aegean since the 14th century bc, and in Cyprus and the Levant contemporarily to the collapse: 13-12th century bc, while there is none dated to 2 centuries after the collapse, I don't know where you got that from.

>Italian pottery can be found in lots of place but it ALL was exported

Wrong, it was locally made in some cases:

Sardinian pottery both imported and locally made at Pyla Kokkinokremos in Cyprus, which by the way karageorghis considers a sea peoples' base

>This may corroborate the evidence from Medinet Habu that among the Sea Peoples there were also refugees from various part of the Mediterranean, some from Sardinia, the Shardana or Sherden. … It is probable that these Shardana went first to Crete and from there they joined a group of Cretans for an eastward adventure. (KARAGEORGHIS, 2011b: 90)

Wrong:
26th minute of this video

As you can see there is plenty of it, but I suggest you watch the whole video, where it mentions finds of both imported and locally made pottery.

Other evidence of common domestic pottery include the Sardinian bowls, cooking pots and other common domestic pottery at Kommos in Crete

South italian pottery found and not exported, so reproduced locally at Tell Kazel and Tell Arqa in Syria and Lebanon:

I meant to quote this post

The first mention of the sea peoples predates the Terramare collapse, the sea people invasions pre-date the BEGINNING of the terramare culture
I have access to all these articles, i wasn't expecting you not to. I may have made a mistake but all of them mention the sea peoples without mentioning the sardinian hypothesis.
The name for Sardinia being somewhat close to Sherden was not attested until 1000 BC.
Cline, although prolific, is not a good source. If you simply listen to him he has limited knowledge in a number of things related to the Bronze age despite writing a book about it. He's definitely one of the most visible writers on the Bronze age collapse but he actually doesn't do much work outside of research of other peer reviewed studies.
Speaking of sources you posted a book missing most of its pages and written in Italian.

*Cline's recent work

Three of the sources are in English and you can use google translate for the one in Italian, and yes it misses a few pages but I’ve posted the only one that matters since it’s about the find that I mentioned

Anyway the terramare collapse is just one of the causes of the collapse, the shekelesh AKA Sicels were already in the Aegean before it, the migrantions from the north was just a further incentive

Finally while some of the sea peoples were mentioned before that event, the Shekelesh weren’t

We