Really makes you think

Really makes you think.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=htxOjJHB5-8
youtube.com/watch?v=UVsbVAVSssc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Even Joseph Smith?

Well I mean that's true of anyone's children aside from maybe the mentally retarded. As shitty as some of our education systems are, the fact that we learn as kids that rain comes from condensation is more than more ancient societies.

Exactly right. Back then people still thought there were two genders. Luckily we've advanced well beyond those stone age barbarians.

user please, even without memes, the fact is the actual FOUNDERS of the main religions by and large weren't the smartest people. They were good talkers and big moralisers but they never said anything that made you think they were really intelligent, even by the standard of their day which had things like advanced algebraic equations.

I just agreed with you. The founders of religion were dumb. They wouldn't have known that communism is the ideal economic system like we do today, or that all wh*tes should be exterminated. We've progressed so much and we know these things now.

Wasn't this cunt an unironic Marxist Neo-Con who supported the Iraq War and torture? No wonder cancer found him attractive. He is a literal magnet for it.

Well he gave up the marxism and torture at least, but the rest is true.

I genuinely feel sorry for Hitchens' children. It's going to feel awful when they look at their father and realize that his aetheism is no different than the religiosity he's railed against.

Jesus as depicted in the Gospels is one of the most insightful humans beings to ever have lived. Either he was intelligent or the people who wrote the gospels were intelligent. Either way the New Testament still stands as an incredible work that still has relevance to us today.

>Jesus as depicted in the Gospels is one of the most insightful humans beings to ever have lived.

user did it ever occur to you that that may have been intentional to build legitimacy for believing in him?

>or the people who wrote the gospels were intelligent

>Den God say, “I like light fo shine!” an da light start fo shine. 4 God see how good da light. Den he put da light on one side, an da dark on da odda side. 5 Da light time, he give um da name “Day time.” Da dark time, he give um da name “Nite time.” So, had da nite time an da day time, az day numba one.
>Den God say, “I like get someting inside da middo, fo no let da watta up dea an da watta undaneat come togedda!” 7An dass wat God wen do. God make someting fo no let da watta up dea an da watta undaneat come togedda. 8 Da ting inside da middo, God give um da name “Da Sky.” Had da nite time an da day time, az day numba two
>This
>Intelligent
Lmao

Does it matter? If you define the "founder" of Christianity as the authors of the gospels then it's still their insight into the nature of humans that keeps the NT as relevant in 2017 as it was back in 200 AD. Either way it's a work of genius and Hitchens is misguided if he thinks anything he has ever created will ever be regarded as well in 50 let alone 2000 years.

This. There were some really intelligent people in ancient times, but most of the founders of religions were probably not among them, in the sense of knowing much about the natural order. I think some of them were probably intelligent in other ways, but not in that way.

>Confuses Old Testament with New Testament
>Has to dumb down the language because he's afraid of letting it stand on it's own
>Strawmanning an entire religion with five (5) lines from one (1) of it's holy books
Atheism was a mistake.

Amerimutt spotted

Kek 10/10

nice dubs

youtube.com/watch?v=htxOjJHB5-8

youtube.com/watch?v=UVsbVAVSssc

pidgin bible pls no

really tickles your thinker

And the least educated of my children know more about the spiritual order than any atheist.

Almost as if any moral order automatically excludes other moral orders and thus attempts to eradicate them.

>Taking phrases literally. Those who suffer from child autism or autistic spectrum disorder will not be able to grasp metaphors and take words at face value

>posting that rotter
the virgin yankophile /r/atheism mouthpiece vs the chad british traditionalist

>I was pretending to be retarded!

You must be genuinely autistic if you can't realise he was taking the piss. Fuck's sake he went as far as to use the pidgin bible, basically implying that the apostles were the ones who wrote like that.
>hurr hurr

>Accuses someone of being autistic because he missed the joke
>Misses the joke himself

>I was playing along the whole time guiz

>Literally uses an image macro mocking the very style of post being written
>Incongruity is a cornerstone of humor
>Veeky Forums has a history of acting like idiots to mock those very idiots
>Deffo got caught in the act and is now trying to save face on an anonymous Danish tulip speculator forum

>still trying to save face

Autism

Quit cockblocking us.

>tfw i fucking hate them both and think they're equally full of shit

That's probably because you suck gigabollocks. Isn't that right?

Is he the founder of Catholicism?