Redpill me on the Gran Chaco war

Redpill me on the Gran Chaco war.

Ah the Gran Chaco War

Over a hundred thousand dumbass spics died over a plot of worthless, undeveloped, nearly uninhabited land. It was ultimately a dick measuring contest, except that both competitors were competing to see who can chop the most off their own dick and still have some left over.

The only winners of this war were the weapons manufacturers that got filthy sticking rich selling guns, trucks, and planes to stupid Latinos to blow themselves to pieces with.

two oil companies fighting for a plot of land in South America

The short version is that the Bolivians fought like retards and thus got their asses kicked by the Paraguayans. For every 3 Paraguayan soldiers, there were about 4 Bolivians, so on paper it should have been a cakewalk for Bolivia.

bolivia had lost their sea access in previous wars, and they needed the access for trade. henec they saw at us and said, we want that river
it's not that easy, bolivian soldiers where mostly andeans, and struggled because of the change the air from the highlands to the plains, their supply lines were very stretched as they had to march for two weeks at least to the chaco from the mountains and having been there i can tell you terrain is awful.
Whereas from Paraguay the trip was a day or two, even faster on the then existing train. not to forget the rivers that would aid transporting goods.
there are several other factors involved but the reality is Bolivia couldn't really succesfully invade without shooting themselves in the foot

Pabla Thomen is the patrician choice, not this pleb waifu

Yeah, that's why I was using "short version".

The funny thing is that the Paraguayan Chaco has no oil. 60 holes were digged since 1942 and nothing was found.

Superior waifu passing trhu

South america´s 2 poorest countries fighting in extremely harsh terrain. Troops would fight to the last man for dried wells and die of thirst.
Also, more or less it was a paraguayan victory.

didn´t both sides had germans in command?

Yeah, a lot of officers who couldn't find work after WWI. I think there were Russian White Army officers involved as well, but don't quote me on that.

>germans in command
Only on the Bolivian side.

Shell vs Standard Oil

>Tfw no Paraguayan gf

General Belyaev was head of General staff. Autistic Stroessner then oppressed any mention of of Russians though they clearly were anti-Communists.

it was an excellent way for the cone to get rid of most of it's niggers

So this is the power of the Krauts?

WHat the fuck were Czechs, Russians, and Germans doing over there? Military advisors?

People got around back then. Its not like everyone stayed in their own country.

Paraguay is the place you go to run away from the rest of the world. Hence why we have 300000 Germans and 40000 Ukrainians, along with a few Koreans and Japanese and Australians

Consider yourself lucky, living in this backwater fucking blows.

>t. stuck here for another 15 months =/

She looks like a ghoul

Birch please I was born and lived there for most of my life, it does have flaws.
People being morons for example, but there are far worse places in SA to live in

>but there are far worse places in SA to live in

Fuck why do we only compare ourselves to the rest of SA? Can we never aspire for anything more than being better than fucking Bolivia ffs? People like you are why we will never progress beyond our current state. We need to try to get to Euro/burger living standards.

>We need to try to get to Euro/burger living standards.
This but without jews and muslims.

Tankettes had a field day.

hey, i live in New Zealand with cozy anglo standards of living (though im still poor here). I know we can be better, and i do wish to go back and try to improve the country. and it is getting better, but at its core its our culture, we need to change peoples attitude to work and each other.

Is it true that it's easy for you guys to get machine guns?

It created putas like her by decimating the male population like in every war p*raguay fought

t. Hue

cannot remember though i wouldnt be surprised, Paraguay is the Conservaguay whereas Uruguay is the Liberalguay.

>but at its core its our culture, we need to change peoples attitude to work and each other.
There is truth here, but it's hard to do that when everyone is so fucking apathetic and the government is so short sighted. Countries like Japan think in long times, here the government will spend all our money on a quick win but not invest if the project will be complete after they leave office. It's so frustrating, fuck I hate this place at times.

>Is it true that it's easy for you guys to get machine guns?

Legally? No, but here, and most of SA honestly, you can do whatever the fuck you want if you have money. The legality of guns does not matter so much because most normal people could never afford to go weekend shooting like americanos do. It costs too much so people don't even think about such things.

>11thpbp

fuck off samefag

>Paraguayan thread.
Paraguayans bashing each other and ocasionally rumiating on why our country it's so shitty.