Pontics

redpill me on the Pontic Greeks and their genocide

The REAL black Ottomans. The modern day Kurd is a wh*Toid mutt and NOT Turkish.

There is zero archeological evidence for Orchomenus and Mithradates was a political fastline played up by Sulla and his compatriots for a free triumph. Appian also conveniently omits the details of the Pontic victories as minor skirmishes. The Mithradatic Wars are some of Rome's biggest propaganda conspiracies.

not sure

-Were a minority in the Blacksea Region.
-Wanted a own state
-Tried to work together with the British, French and Greeks after the First World War
-Created militias
-Started attacking Turkish villages
-Turks started to defend themself and attack Pontic villages
-Ataturk sends Topal Osman to handle Pontic militias
-Topal Osman crushes the Pontic militias, but also attacks civilians, churches.
-Turkish people are angry, want revenge, so they support Topal Osmans actions
-Turkish War of Independence ends. Greece and the Turkish Republic make a treaty.
Greece send Turkish, Roma and Albanian Muslims to Turkey, Turkey sends Rums, Pontic Greeks and other "Greek speaking minorities" like Urum and Karamanli (Orthodox Turks) to Greece.

Go read a book and make your own impression instead of pestering other people with your requests.

>we didnu nuffin
classic T*rkish propaganda, the genocide has been going on even before Greece collaborated with the allied powers in WW1

I'm pontic myself, just wanted to see what Veeky Forums knows about them

How does it feel to know that you're a literal subhuman?

not that different considering it's what some troglodyte from Veeky Forums told me :^)

This, the greeks were geting genocided in the year 700 already.
The ancient turks were using old missiles left from the finno-korean hyperwar to bomb greeks.

There were some attacks against the Greek population since the start of the 1. World War (But do not forget the genocides against the Muslim/Turk population in Greece itself), but those attacks were not organized and not supported by the state. So you can't call it a genocide.

But that what happened from 1919 to 1923 was a civil war, Turks and Pontic Greeks lost a similiar number of civilians.

Karadeniz belongs to the turkish laz.

There are max. 1 million Laz, who mostly speak Turkish as mother tongue, and who live in the eastern region of the Blacksea. The total population of the Blacksea Region in Turkey is 8. million.

They're genetically non-European

Anatolian Rum's are not Hellenic, but Hellenized Anatolians.

This
Pontic Greeks are even less European than me (Pontic Turk) LMAO

t. Byldyz Byldyrym

>"we dindu nuffin" turkroach propaganda
>Why does everyone hate Turks?

link? source?

So, you want us to be sorry, because you did not manage to genocide us, but get rekt instead?

It's funny because even if this piece of propaganda was true, you'd still be (and are to this day) occupying land that wasn't, and isn't, yours. Even if they were a minority they were natives to the land that had existed there long before you even showed up, which would fully legitimize an uprising and genocide against you.

As a pontic can confirm

Only a portion was allowed to stay
The Muslim Pontians
source: My whole fucking family

Also Erdogan is Pontian mixed with a bit of laz

>Source : A minister from greece once commented on him speaking very good greek
Also he called his village potomya
Which is pontian for Near the water/River

>admitting to being a traitor to your own people
Fucking disgusting desu.

Erdogan is Georgian and has nothing to do with your inferior kind
Trabzon and Rize is full of them.

Honestly, if there ever comes a time for Greece to regain influence over those areas, they ought to be treated in the same way Greek converts to Islam were treated during the Independence War and the Population Exchange, aka either killed or given the boot.

>Greece to regain influence over those areas
I'm from Giresun so i can say this with 100% confidence, Greece would not want to be in Trabzon and Rize. The people there are fucking retarded and they're dragging down our average iq along with k*rds.

Could always moderately/over time cleanse the place I suppose.Turkey has done it with a bunch of minorities and there seems to have been no major international backlash against it.

I'd support an ethnic cleanse in Trabzon
They're literal human trash and give Black Sea a bad name.
Artvin is fine

Wouldn't take much to find a replacement for them either. Judging by how resilient the Pontic identity is, and how many of them there are, I reckon there'd be a lot that'd want to settle back in those lands.

>which would fully legitimize an uprising and genocide against you.

>Genocide is okay if our side does it

>genociding your oppressors who have been occupying your lands for 500 years is the same as occupying a land for 500 years and then genociding the natives which have been oppressed under your rule for all this time
Really carbonates my cranium to be honest. It's not "my side" either, I have no bone to pick in this fight. It's simply what's right. The land is rightfully theirs and Turks are scum of the earth that deserve being genocided even without the existence of the historical context of oppression/occupation in the case of Pontics.

>land is not rightfull theirs
Who decides who owns the land by right? Muslim and Christian greeks (after all both sides were greeks) lived side by side for centrues

moreover greeks are not natives of that area either, as the earliest arriavals come with colonization period in Iron Age. Do 2500 years make your land legitimate? but 500 years do not?

>Turks are scum of the earth that deserve being genocided even without the existence of the historical context of oppression/occupation in the case of Pontics.
This is the mentailty I have encountered again and again in turks and balkan people, they are perfectly fine with genociding-murdering-pillaging-raping they even cheer for it, but they bitch and moan when the same thing happens to them. They are innocent and the clay is rightfully theirs and others are subhuman afterall so everything they do is allright
Though this I found mostly in diaspora, native turks-balkanites seem to be more sound minded, I don't know, maybe being a diaspora melts their brain and gives them an identity crisis

This

You want a source for no archeological evidence? It's kind of hard to provide a source for lack of evidence user.

Or do you want a source on Appian?

>moreover greeks are not natives of that area either
But Pontics aren't the same as "Hellenes", for lack of a better word. They were natives that were Hellenized. They're Greek in the same way there exist Cappadocian Greeks or how Orthodox Christian Arvanites fought alongside Greeks in Greece's war of Independence and were, through that, accepted as being Greek. That's true for the majority of them at least.
>Do 2500 years make your land legitimate? but 500 years do not?
Sure. Or rather.. it gives Pontics a more legitimate claim. And Turks have only worsened their claim to those lands by oppressing and genociding its original inhabits and having no respect for the cultural heritage that came before them either, considering most Churches have now been converted into Mosques.
>This is the mentailty I have encountered again and again in turks and balkan people, they are perfectly fine with genociding-murdering-pillaging-raping they even cheer for it, but they bitch and moan when the same thing happens to them.
Okay then, if you recognize those things as being wrong then surely you'd be in favor of Turks suffering the consequences of their conquest, since it involved all of the things you mentioned above. I don't remember there being any conquest when Greeks colonized the Western and Black sea coastlines of Anatolia.
>tfw you realize this is how Turks operate
>"Hey, I know these lands had been yours for millenia and we took them through killing/oppressing/genociding you, but don't try and take them back because doing so would involve killing us, and that's bad"

I don't know, I think no one should be killed massacred en masse just because they share the same religion language or relation

The average pissant farmer who is knee deep in shit has no tie to the ruling muslim elite nor the conquerors who came years ago. Were all muslims in muslims lands the elite who exploited the local christians? Certain portion of them surely, but they are the ones who escape pogroms/genocides at the first place, the ones to who die to massacres, be they muslim or christian are mostly farmers-peasants-poor and elderly and sickly who have no tie to elite
"Well they converted to that religion to have life better therefore its allright to kill" is a bullshit excuse to massacre them. Nevermind the fact they might have converted 4-5 generations ago maybe even more.

I do feel the same for Armenians or Greeks who were genocided, contarary to what turks say here, most did not took arms against their opressors, and they were just people who just wanted to get by. I find it very interesting that people who are descendent from these folk, who were suffered and massacred brutally for no reason, advocate for the same massacre to the opposing sides pissant and poor folk.

>I don't remember there being any conquest when Greeks colonized the Western and Black sea coastlines of Anatolia.

Covering up the Trojan Genocide, I see.

and Macedonians, who peacefully settled all the way to indus river

to add lastly, sorry if I seem like wanting to have the last word but I sadly cannot stay for your reply

There are the elite who opress who exploit people who tax who degrade and insult them, but most "muslims" were poor pissant fucks who never left their shitty village, and were just as if not more poor as they christian villager few miles away

Yet they deserve to die, because they share the religion/language/culture of the ones who are doing the opression

This "guilt by association" is quite absurd to me. Again this is the same justification used by turks
>armenians in some places take up arms
>therefore we should kill all armenians

the logical fallacy is beyond my comprehension and can only be achieved if you come from the magical place called middle east-balkans.

You shoudl punish people by what they did, not what their kin-religious brothers-folk did. To judge ottoman sultan or the christian lord who converted to islam to maintain his status with the muslim farmer whose only wealth is his one oxen is both absurd and evil

>Trojan War dated 1260–1180 BC
>Greek colonization began at 900-800 BC
Yes, those two were totally related. It's the well established technique of "I'm gonna kill you in order to take your land but do so only 300 years later"
Alexander didn't concern himself with the Western and Black Sea coastlines of Anatolia though, what.
>muhh injustice
How else do you impose control over an area? Are you retarded? Why do you think nations are built on a foundation of common identity? And yes, in such a situation those who converted strengthened the ruling class' power through undermining and reducing the influence of the oppressed, therefore enabling the ruling class to impose even worse measures on the oppressed since the potential reaction to them would be weaker.

greeks paid for their crimes

>the Trojans were Central Asians
Did the Turks truly believe they were natives to Anatolia that had been deposed by Greeks?

You realise that the Greeks of Anatolia were colonizers, right? This land was populated by the Anatolian natives, even the west coast of Turkey. Luwians, Hittites, Hattis, Mitanni, and Urartu. The oldest cities in Anatolia were build 8000 years ago, so it means those Hittites, and Luwians weren't real natives either. So stop this "our land" bullshit. Turkic people lived their since 1000 years, made the mojarity, mixed with the locals, founded several Beyliks, Emirates, and Vilayets in this region. We are as much native as you.

Erdogan: His fathers anchestors were Georgian Muslims, who migrated to Turkey after the creation of the Turkish Republic. There is no info about the family of his mother. He is not Pontian, and not a Laz.

If you like it or not, but it was a civil war. From 1800 to 1923, more than three million Turkish civilians lost their lives, and again more than three million had to flee from the Caucasus and the Balkans to Anatolia. This WAS a genocide. Do the Greeks care? No. Why should we cry over the Pontic Greeks and the Rum who had to leave Anatolia, or were killed because of a civil war they started? While the Turks in the Ottoman Empire made the soldiers, workers and lower class, the Greeks mostly made up the middle class, working as merchants and more. Nobody hated them, forced them to convert, or anything else. But in the end, they stabbed us in the back, founding militias, trying to genocide the Turkish population who made the majority. The actions of Topal Osman and the Turkish militias were hard, but they were hateful, because they saw what Pontic militias did to the Turks, and they have heard what the Greek army was doing to the Turks in the west. But still, Atatürk did not support any actions against the civilians, and Topal Osman was later killed by his order. 1923 he allowed any Greek or Armenian, who was living in Turkey before the war, to return. But the Greeks refused. The population exchange between Greece and Turkey was asked by the Greek government, Atatürk refused first, but accepted it later. And thank god he did. It is not possible to live with such barbarians like the Rum, and Greeks.

Damn, I wish the Seljuks or the Ottoman would have been so bad and genocidal like Greeks and other low IQ Balkan nation think they were. I wish we were more like the Romans, the Spanish, the British, the Mongols and Russians. We should have genocided or assimilated those people when we arrived, but we had to let them live, and what we got were rebellions, the Balkan War, Russo-Turkish War, and the First World War.

>more than three million Turkish civilians lost their lives, and again more than three million had to flee from the Caucasus and the Balkans to Anatolia.
Should've gone back to central Asia. This victimization is hilarious considering how the Turks fucked over the Balkans and other Christian areas.

Believe me, I wish we did. Not return to Central Asia, but fucking all the Balkan scum, like Spanish and British did the native Americans.

Has there ever been any recorded conflict between Greek settlers and natives? Last I remember there was not. Not only that, but you being a roach can't even understand my reasoning. They're not Greek lands by virtue of Greeks having colonized them, they're Greek lands by virtue of the natives having been Hellenized, therefore sharing a common history and culture. Arvanites are not typically Greek either, they're of Albanian origin, but Christian Arvanites who fought side to side in the Greek war of Independence were accepted as Greeks because of the shared culture/language/history. Stop fucking reducing ethnicity down to ancestry. Not to mention that you had to resort to ethnic cleansing in order to exterminate anything non-Turkish. Sounds like occupation more than assimilation to me. Also, you founded jack shit, you only contributed to the spread of a heretical incest-obsessed pedo false prophet's teachings. You copied Anatolian architecture, food, and music. Hell, often times you simply just put up 4 dicks around Orthodox churches and just called them mosques.

The locals that weren't turks are turkified too you greekshit.
Anatolia is turkish and you should get used to it until the day that your people can run an economy.

This, the ottomans should have rounded all the balkanshits up have them become turk if they wanted it or not like most europeans did after their conquests.

>in the beginning of the 20th century Pontus/Constantinople/the Western coast of Anatolia were 30%+ Christian AFTER 400 YEARS OF OCCUPATION
>"the locals were Turkified"
By the way
>implying I'm Greek
No, I just hate the fact that you people put an end to Greco-Roman civilization and replaced it with the desert cult of a goatfucker.

No offense but pontic greeks and armenians are literal subhuman tier. They massacred the shit out of Kurds and Turks and got annihilated in return.

T. Hamidiye

Be as salty as you want but the ottoman empire was third rome.

>third
second you mean
Byzantines were not Roman.

By God you people deserve a nuclear holocaust.

Ottoman Empire was more Roman than Byzantines.