Freelance work thread

Need a job done or need a job? Ask here!

Also, post good freelance job listing sites.

Poorfag from Eastern Europe. Can you give me some sites, and task recommendations? 5$/hour would be fine, 10$ would be great, 15$ would be godlike.

Not op but. On upwork you can earn 10 an hour translating language's

>requires face pic

I've seen pajeets bidding a couple dollars for jobs that would take months of hard work and people are retarded enough to fall for it. What are some good strategies to getting to the point where you get to only deal with serious clients?

Fiverr

Video Editor
Need a job for 5$ project or less on upwork
Getting the first job there is too damn hard.

Fiverr's system is totally broken.
>only appear often in searches if you have a job completion, no one wants to hire a client with no job completions anyway
>nearly impossible to get first job by creating a gig and waiting
>have to get that much-needed first job completion by completing buyer requests, low-paying jobs requiring skills no one has
>buyer requests are also nearly impossible to get because they're rare, and literally everyone signing up for Fiverr is trying to complete a buyer request

Basically, whether you ever get even one job on Fiverr is a matter of pure luck
Once you've got one, you can get hundreds.

It's a shitty system because it gives all the work to people who can get work, 90% of Fiverr accounts probably never even get one job.

Upwork is the same thing
+If you do many proposals without getting hired or low hire rate your account will be suspended

Another poorfag from Eastern Europe damn
English proficiency, legal and medical field
Can copywrite for some news network perhaps
7 € / hr

Isn't Veeky Forums supposed to have employers
It's just people looking for work ITT

If you're not american, and know english, you can try rev, transcriptions and captions, if you're willing to work, and to grind a bit until you reach Revver+ level, you can actually make some decent money

Programmerfag here. Over 10 years experience. Can build/learn anything.

I have tons of offers on Fiverr, but most aren't even worth responding to. I usually just ignore them now. I have 100+ 5 star reviews though.

fuck I need to remove that trip

See, this is exactly what I'm talking about.
I can't even get a single offer on Fiverr, because I have no reviews.

Could I see some of the bad offers you get?
It'd be immensely helpful if you punted one my way, because even if the pay is shit for how long it takes it's still good as long as I get a good review.

I wouldn't recommend someone unless I know they're good. What can you do?

A lot of stuff.
It's easier just to look at the offers you're talking about.

I have a few leads but I too need to know what you can do.

What can you do? Are you good at crocheting?

All I see in the offers are teachers charging at least $30/hour for translations. I could do it for half the price or less.
Am I a good businessman Veeky Forums?

Anything that is light on learning APIs.
It really sucks when someone wants a job done that's simple to anyone who knows the necessary API, so the pay is low, but almost no one knows the API.

I know a good range of programming languages, and I'm able to program some pretty complex stuff.
Currently I'm making a Java application that takes a piece of pixel art, forms a set of rules of pixel placements based on what it sees, then draws a piece of pixel art based on those rules.
It's harder to program than I expected, but I've kept the computational complexities low and probably have only one more bug to sort out.

Can you program a bot for an mmo? How much do you charge?

Bump

Started freelance programming (mainly C#) on freelancer a few months ago. At the start it was slow but now I get as much work as I want.

Is upwork a better site? Freelancer fees are kinda aids, 10% is annoying...plus a lot of people have unrealistic expectations and expect me to work for cents (but I don't take those jobs).

its fucking trash lmao every single site is infested with pajeets who work for $1 an hour

I've found if you're from America/Australia, people from there will come to you. Indians go to indians, but 90% of my clients are Australian, which is nice.

>probably only have one more bug to sort out

drrrt. fake programmer detected
10 years my ass

> Join Upwork so you can pay 20% of your profits to (((Them)))

> Compete against 3rd world talent that will undercut you by 80%

> then you have to pay taxes on everything you make.

Is there a job board where you can get paid in crypto?

>Impostor Syndrome
Help

no, most people who actually write a lot of code in online freelance have a complete pajeet mentality. coding services online is a buyer's market.