Loss of knowledge in human history

What knowledge we loss?
Library of Alexandria is one,imagine if the second half of Aristotle wasn't lost,and others stories from greeks.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Trade_Center
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddhas_of_Bamiyan
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timbuktu
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bakhdida
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Destruction_of_cultural_heritage_by_ISIL
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The truth

No one who truly knows will tell you for fears that you will find the answer before they do

The Library of Alexandria as an institution was focused mainly on the fields of literary analysis and geography, that's not all that exciting

Given that Europe didn't have field of grammar/linguistic up until the late 19th century or so, that says something.

Thankfully the Indian guy's grammar book went to the European knowledge base and kickstarted the linguistics.

Library of Baghdad.

a metric fuckton of ancient knowledge.

library of baghdad
and equally important the destruction of the Cordoba library by b*rber chimpout that collapsed the ummayad dynasty there

Wrong.

we lost a bunch of spinosaurus bones during WW2 :(

fuck hitler honestly

Not the spinosaurus

spinosaurus bones?this is like a baby close to burning baghdad.

>tfw belgians captured the last stegosaurus in the Congo and it died in captivity in king leopold's cellar

I wonder if ALL books,library wasn´t burned?how the world will be nowadays?

I think library of baghdad and alexandria and cordoba the most important.,but the world will obvious change,example the second half of poetics.

Concrete roman

Think of all the shit that got bombed or stolen during WW2. The Amber room, countless thousands of churches and libraries, and whole towns were destroyed. Saint Lô was bombed before D-Day and they dropped flyers warning residents the night before, but the wind blew the flyers too far away. 95% of the town was destoryed and a thousand of the 12000 residents died.

Another example I hate to think about is Saint Denis Cathedral, among other chruches, that were destroyed during the French Revolution. They smashed statues, took the bones of all the French kings all the way back to Clovis I in Frankish times, and dumped them in a pit and mixed it with lime. Fucking barbarian savages

>tfw the last stegosaurus being kept in King Leopold's cellar had its front and rear limbs cut off a la Boxing Helena.

>tfw comfybosting and its snowing fat fluffy snowflakes outside and you made some homemade chicken soup earlier.
feelsgoodtbqh.jpg

Mesoamerica, just mesoamerica

We should build a time machine and go back and photograph it all. We'll bang some ancient hookers and drink wine while we're there. Come on guys, it will be fun.

This, I will never not be mad at Spain. All that beautiful Aztec poetry...

That doesn't make any sense user.

"Shall I compare thee to an Aztec sacrifice?"

This,there is fucking nothing about mesoamerica poetry,books.

Archimedes lost work.

You can tell how middle-class you are by how much you care about the Library of Alexandria

Nalanda
we probably lost sutras where the buddha told the sangha to drink soma erryday

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Trade_Center
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddhas_of_Bamiyan
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timbuktu
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bakhdida
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Destruction_of_cultural_heritage_by_ISIL

hiro?

Not exactly knowledge. But it pisses me off that muslims stole all the limestine casings of the pyramids. Apparently they shined like a jewel for miles.

cairo gotta be built somehow whiteboi

Brennus invaded Rome, and sacked it in 387. They lost all their ancient records, and seem to have forgotten all their actual ancient history. The early history of Rome we have were later made up myths that they made to fill the gap.

>invaded Rome, and sacked it
for months