[BITCOIN] Why did I just pay $11.60 to transfer $254 in 30 minutes?

I feel like I have been robbed. I sent it from my mycellium wallet with the 30-minute tab. The only thing cheaper was like $10 that would have never arrived what the hell are the fees so high for now? Is this always going to be like this? Can someone please explain this to me is it because mining has moved somewhere else and now they're high fees someone tell me I've seen people complained before about why the fees are so high but this is absolutely ridiculous.

By the way I was using the mycellium cell phone wallet is that makes a difference?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/jihanwu/status/731902686379933697
twitter.com/AnonBabble

DYOR You are too green to use bitcoin

youre a fucking loser. i hope i see you at a convention.

it's a flat fee. your bank charges at least 25 bucks for fedwire. stop being poor.

also i sent 600 of buttcoin to changelly the other day for 9 cents. it went through in about 20 hours. maybe you shouldn't rely on devs of shitty wallets to spoonfeed you info about network activity. anyone with a brain could have guessed that 10 bucks is too high.

should have used bitbean

thank you

I sent $25 and it cost me a dollar

Ethereum is costing me (pre fork) about $0.10 but for more complicated contracts it can be $1 or more

I wonder how it will be after the fork?

Your app calculates the fees, they probably havent updated the app since btc was at 500$

its the business model of bitcoin, and its only going to get worse. Core is the main dev team of bitcoin and they have a monopoly on the consensus mechanism of bitcoin. So basically they dictate what bitcoin is. Their end game is basically to push you to something called Lighting Network (LN). LN is an off chain solution that relies on payment channels rather than on chain transactions. So in theory you dont have to pay for fees, but at the same time in order for that to be possible fees are going to be extremely high, because only 1mb of transactions are allowed every 10 mins.

In short, if you want to pay less fees now and on the future, then use bitcoin cash

You are paying for Jihan's mining farm

> So in theory you dont have to pay for fees, but at the same time in order for that to be possible fees are going to be extremely high, because only 1mb of transactions are allowed every 10 mins.

that's some jew logic right there.

Get the fuck outta here :)

butthurt core shills. core says that lighting network IS their scaling solution. Theres very little understanding how LN looks like among the regular population, but is basically bitcoin banks. most likely exchanges will act as banks. For example, if we both have an account in bittrex. and i want to send you some money, i would have to send it through a payment channel that i have with bittrex. mind you that bittrex most likely knows who you are, and knows who you are. If they dont like you or me. they can shut down our payment channels. Other hubs might ban you as well. The only option left is to send an onchain transaction, but if you think fees are high now, wait until LN matures, it will be outrageous.

>Start trading
>Start with 100 bucks
>Pay 4 bucks for a transaction

>Next trade
>Another 100 bucks
>Buy ETH
>Pay only 1,25 bucks

>bcash
no, if you dont like the scaling solution of bitcoin the solution is absolutely not to move to some other proof of work alt, its to move to something like ethereum that will be removing mining from the equation entirely. alts like bcash are political, not technical, and are therefore worthless without there existing a group of butthurt users wanting to shun bitcoin for something else.

there is no pow coin that could potentially have 1GB blocks like bitcoin cash

Q: Who should I fuck, If I wanted to fuck?
A: pic related

Did he actually say that?

I did the same but I knew that 5% will be made up quickly. And so far I am above breaking even and have some comfy positions.

lol lightning would be toxic to exchangers. maybe you didn't figure out how it works from the numerous resources available online, or maybe you didn't bother reading them. Mass adoption of lightning could only go with native pricing, so maybe it's a pipe dream anyway and you can continue to shill BCH for years to come.

that is less than the tip you pay in america

bcash can't have 1GB blocks when it churns through 2 weeks worth of blocks in 24 hours because the difficulty dropped off a cliff again.

changing the difficulty algorithm made it clear that bcash is just a run of the mill shitcoin and will never be taken seriously as a bitcoin "competitor" in any way. b2x is going down the same road, with their hilariously broken attempts at adding replay protection. every "fork" of bitcoin is complete amateur hour. you think it would still be worth 100 billion if it was in the hands of those charlatans?

> threw away $11
> calls others losers
what?

>investing in bitcoin crap
nah iand 80-90% of the miners will stick with bitcoin2X

>DYOR
Is that what his doing by asking?

twitter.com/jihanwu/status/731902686379933697

I send hundres and it cost me between 34 cents and 64 cents. Change the transaction importance to low priority and slide up like 2 or 3 tiers above the lowest possible amount. It may say 3 hours but at most it will take an hour, probably more like 15 -20 min.