Ww2 veterans

Maybe this is not /his related, but tell us about ww2 veterans from your family. My great grandfather fight in Belarus and later participated in Vienna offensive. My grandma tells me stories about hard times during first years of war. He was the commander of small artillery battalion. There was no fucking food and soldiers eat leather belts and some parts of trees, also he see dead children bodies in well, it was part of anti partisan actions ( partisan movement in Belarus was very strong and effective ). During Vienna offensive he with his soldiers saved austrian jeweler and his family from shelling. This man give him golden pocket watch as a reward for saving. This is our family heirloom.

Other urls found in this thread:

adirondackdailyenterprise.com/opinion/columns/the-inseide-dope-local-color-by-bob-seidenstein/2016/12/winners-all/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Grandfather flew a spitfire for raf. Other grandpa was in Croatia. Not sure if he did anything over there.

Grand uncle served in the Leibstandarte as a musician and medic.
Grandfather maternal side served on an airfield in the west and never told me much.
Grandfather paternal side fought in the 12th Infanterieregiment on the Eastern front for most of the war and went into Russian POWship afterwards. Came back home in 1948.
As a soldier he made it as far as Tula. From there on it was mostly retreat. It's a miracle he survived that shit, they had 2 weeks below -30 degrees Celsius and couldn't even sit down without freezing to death almost immediately.
Earned the Ostmedaille/"Gefrierfleischorden" ("Medal of the Frozen Meat"), Nahkampfspange, Verwundetenabzeichen in Silber, EK2, EK1 for clearing a Russian bunker with a Flammenwerfer, never received the actual thing because he was captured then when Königsberg fell.
Other grand uncle also fought on the Eastern front and died in a Russian POW camp in Lithuania. His son became a soldier too and was sort of abducted by the FFL. Signed a contract while completely drunk and was taken over the border immediately. He fell in Dien Bien Phu.
Great grandfather was stateless and worked for the Wehrmacht fixing shoes.
Cousin of Opa served in police forces in the East. Diehard nazi to the end.

my Slovako-Polish grandpa got conscripted into the Hungarian army in 1942 (he lived in Southern Slovakia), fled to the Red army 1 month later somewhere around Stalingrad, served in the Red army since fall 1942 until January 1944 where he got assigned to the Czechoslovak Army Corps. Fought in the battle of Voronezh, Kharkov, Dukla Pass, Litovský Mikuláš and Ostrava. Got 3 times wounded by the artilery. Survivied the war and died in 1993.

Don't know any details, but my grandfather was in the heart of London during the Blitz, and shortly after joined the RAF, for which he won a medal that my family still possesses.

Other relatives are
First husband of maternal Oma who served in the Kampfgeschwader 26, part of the Condor Legion. Was a veteran of the Spanish civil war. His plane was shot down over the Channel. had a German Cross in Gold.
Wife's maternal Opa served in the Kriegsmarine on a mine clearing ship, took part in Weserübung, apparently he was in jail for most of the time for various mischief. Absolutely believable when you have met the guy.
Wife's paternal Opa was a Hauptmann of the Wehrmacht and taught tactics in Brünn. he was reactivated for front duty late in the war and commanded a Kampfgruppe at the Seelower Höhen East of Berlin. Became addicted to gamblig after the war and even sold the Gold of his German Cross for that.

My grandfather celebrated easter with Russian noncombatants in partisan area, his CO told him he'd never expected him to make it back.
Jumped from a train avoiding captivity.
Allegedly aided in freeing civilian prisoners on a death march.
At the end of the war sold self-stilled booze to US personnel as a POW in Bohemia with the help of his to-be wife and a well-known composer.

Granddad on my mother's side was a medic in the Bulgarian Amry which aided the Germans in Yugoslavia, he was shot in the temple when administering first aid to a wounded German, he survived though, 3 months later he was back on the front lines. The guy who he was trying to save when he got shot also made it and gave him a Lignose Einhader pistol (which is still in the family) as a gesture of gratitude. When the order came that Bulgaria is now allied with the Allies, and they were to apprehend or execute the entire German regiment which was with the bulk of the Bulgarian amry. They notified the Germans who at the time were still unaware of the switch in the allegiance and gave them 2 days to fuck off instead of shooting them while they were unaware, the Germans managed to retreat to safety. After the war gradpa worked as a railroad engineer, later he got a state pension as a war vet and passed away in 2001. Grandma is still alive God bless her, and she was 18 when the war was on, she got strafed by American P-37 while she was working in the fields.

P-38 I mean, I had a brain fart.

Great Uncle (on mother's side) fought in North Africa against the Germans (we're burgers). He went MIA, then later was declared KIA, body not recovered =/. Destroyed his mom and shattered the family for a long time. After the war, she would sit on the steps of the front porch all day rocking back and forth waiting for "Franklin" to come home from school. She eventually had to be institutionalized, hung herself a few years later, really sad.

War is such a waste of good men.

Great Grandad served mostly in France and went into French captivity at La Rochelle. He returned in 1949, when my Grandma was already 7. My Great Grandmother married a Stahlhelm.
Granduncle became part of the Volkssturm, but never saw a battle. When they were tasked with defending some bridge the SS guy who was in charge surrendered.
All the others had already died before I grew up, some fell during the war

My paternal grandmother - Harki - served in the Free French Forces as a driver I believe. Even drove for a big shot general, or so I was told.
Maternal great-grandfather fought during the Battle of France, got captured and then sent on compulsory work service in Germany.
Have some other ancestors who fought and died in previous wars like the Crimean War and WW1 but that's another subject.

>be great-grandfather
>be autistic racist hick from Atlanta, basically /pol/
>no one really likes him
>America enters WW2
>sign up for US Army because boredom and wants to shoot foreigners
>get stationed in England
>meets 16 year old Jewish girl who came to the UK four years earlier on a Kindertransport from Poland mere months before the war began
>she actually kinda likes him despite his being an abrasive anti-social prick
>they fuck
>gets her pregnant within a month
>ohshit.jpg
>sense of honor compels him to ask her to marry him
>she agrees but the Normandy Landings happen and he's deployed to Europe before they can marry
>serves as gunner on an M3 Half Track (Anti-Aircraft variant)
>doesn't shoot down any planes because the Allies blew 90% of the Luftwaffe out of the sky beforehand
>gets used to chew up German bunkers instead
>walked inside of one afterward
>shit gave him nightmares
>vehicle runs over a mine a few months into the campaign
>severely injured, narrow avoided losing leg because he moved at the last second
>is told he's getting medically discharged
>yay
>goes back to England awaiting repatriation
>Polish waifu is 6 months along
>marries her two months later
>grandfather is born
>takes her back home to Georgia
>they fight and fuck a lot, six kids
>grandpa (the oldest) is taught Polish by his mom and winds up assigned to PSYOPS when he joins the Army during the Cold War
>great-grandmother assumes entire family perished in the Holocaust
>Cold War comes to an end in the 90s
>great-grandmother decides to write her old neighbors just to be sure
>turns out she had an infant brother (born after she left) who was adopted by Christian neighbors shortly before her family were deported and killed
>happy family reunion, right?
>turns out he's as much of a jackass as her husband
>ohwell.jpg

pic kinda related, she looked A LOT like Rutka Laskier in her wedding photo (although a bit fatter because she was eight months pregnant at the time). It's creepy.

I've got a greentext lined up about my Polish great-grandfather who ended up a French citizen in Algeria, if anyone wants it.

Damn that story would be good ww2 film

>Great grandfather was stateless and worked for the Wehrmacht fixing shoes.

Jewish?

I don't have a lot of details, but my grandfather fought with Germany during WWII:

>not a Nazi (this is important later)
>can speak five languages: German, English, French, Italian and most importantly Russian
>becomes a translator on the eastern front
>earns a War Merit Cross with Swords
>gets my grandmother pregnant on leave in 1944
>my father and aunt are born in early 1945 just before the war ends when my grandfather's still at war
>around the same time grandfather is captured somewhere in East Prussia by the soviets
>since he speaks multiple languages he is suspected of being a spy and sent to the gulag
>spends 8 years there despite no evidence of him being a spy or Nazi
>eats mostly potato peels (was given a whole raw potato to eat on Christmas each year)
>Red Cross finally furnish his papers to the Soviets proving he wasn't a spy
>returns to his small German village having never met his children
>blamed by more nationalist villagers for contributing to Germany's loss by not fighting to the death
>eventually leaves Germany with his family for Australia
>spends the rest of his life as a bitter man because of his experiences

Post it

Not really, great-grandpa was a raging segregationist (continued writing-in George Wallace for President well after his death) and really fond of saying "nigger" until his dying day. Great-grandma hated being called a "Holocaust survivor" and called people who published memoirs about surviving the camps dupki (Polish word for asshole).

Too politically incorrect of a love story for any studio.

Ok here goes
>Great-grandpa grows up in Poland pretty close to the border with Romania
>September 1939 rolls around just a few weeks after his 16th birthday
>signs up at once, basically just handed a gun with only a few days training
>before his company can move out the Soviets invade
>its pretty clear to everyone Poland is fucked
>commander of his battalion (basically just a ragtag militia) orders everyone to gtfo to Romania
>ends up signing up in Romania to continue the war in exile
>ships over to France
>meets and shakes General Sikorski's hand
>May 1940 rolls around
>France gets BTFO
>oh fuck not again
>Polish commander basically tells everyone all is lost, everyone who wants to leave can do so
>great grandpa leaves Polish Army, hooks up with a group of French sailors en route to Marseille
>takes a ferry with them to Algiers
>now Grandpa is in a completely different nation with no idea how to speak French
Part 2?

Sadly I have no idea what my grandfather did in the war as he committed suicide in the early 80s due to terminal cancer, so I wasn't alive to ask.

My maternal grandfather fought in Korea but not WW2.

My father went into the Canadian army as a teenager. Went through Gibraltar to invade Sicily and then Italy, and then went on to Belgium. It was all a very bloody experience, which he never wanted to talk about with me, but I got it from my aunt. He seemed to have a dose of what we call PTSD today, smoked a lot of cigarettes and overdrank at times, perhaps a bit of self medication.

Ok I'm back here's part 2
>grandpa is wandering about newly minted Vichy Algeria
>learns fluent French in 3 fucking months thanks to practicing in his words, "twelve hours a day"
>hears about de Gaulle and the Free French attacking Dakar
>even though its a failure, he's extremely optimistic
>groups up with the families of some of the Frenchmen who fled France with him
>forms a ring of pro-Gaullist sympathizers in Algiers, where he (of course) gets named Le Polonais
>subtle af
>anyways spends two years pulling shenanigans in Algiers
>Operation Torch comes down
>word gets passed to him that the allies are going to land in Algiers in November 1942
>helps Free French sympathizers stage a coup the night before
>get BTFO because the French troops in Algiers remain loyal to Vichy
>grandpa flees into the Casbah neighbourhood (very poor, full of native Algerians)
>hides out and befriends a whole bunch of Algerians, who like him because he isn't French but still is fighting Nazis
>this will become very very important in the future
Should have Part 3 typed up sharpish

No, lutheran deutsch without passport

>Allies liberate Algiers right after the coup attempt fails because the Allies don't give a shit about any Vichy resistance
>grandpa is overjoyed
>immediately signs up with the Free French
>ends up serving in Tunisia, Italy, and eventually takes part in the landings in Southern France
>eventually sees the French flag raised above Strasbourg, fulfilling the oath made by Leclerc at Kufra
>Germans surrender, Poland is """""""freed"""""""
>great-grandpa still hates the commies from when they invaded in 1939, is outraged to see them install a commie satellite state in Poland
>refuses to go back until Poland is free once more
>gains French citizenship
>moves back to Algiers where he still has lots of French and Algerian friends
>happily ever after for the next 9 years
It's not WW2, but I can write the sequel about the Algerian War

No grandparents fought in the war but I knew an old Latino Pacific War vet who fought in Cape Gloucester, Peleliu and Okinawa (he got wounded in Okinawa). Toughest old man I ever met, met a ton of WWII Marine vets when I was active duty too, we had a thing were you could volunteer to hang out with a Marine Vet (usually WWII and Korean War) for a day. The stories those men had to tell user, fucking national treasures, every single one of 'em

>This man give him golden pocket watch as a reward for saving. This is our family heirloom.

Fucking nice story granddad too ya, I almost cried with tears

Poles arent Jews

Good thread. Never forget.

My grandfather fought in burma for 4 years in ww 2. He ended up getting malaria and when he returned had awful night terrors, he said he was stillafraid of the Japanese jumping out of trees.

He is dead now but I still have a cool photo of him wearing one of those pith hats in India

My grandfather fought in New Guinea relatively late into the war, I understand he didn't see much combat but did see the aftermath of massacres and said he would find dead Japanese and Australians floating in puddles. He became very paranoid later on and afterwards began storing supplies in a cave because he feared Japan would invade Australia even though the war was over and would also never buy Japanese or German cars.

Her passport would say otherwise

Grandfather was a merchant mariner on the Liberty ships. He got torpedoed in the North Atlantic and kept the boiler running until everyone was off the ship and finally evacuated. He told my dad about how he saw men frozen stiff to the side of lifeboats.

My great uncle was in the Army Corps of Engineers in North Africa defusing landmines. He asked for a wrench and his buddy threw it to him as a joke and it hit the mine blowing him up.

That's about it.

Grandfather was a flight engineer in the RAF, flew in Lancasters. Other grandfather was an artist in the Netherlands, worked with the Dutch Underground, falsifying passports to get Jews, POWS, etc, out of the country. Also painted Nazi propaganda. Played both sides.

Maternal great great grandfather was an automatic rifleman in the U.S Army and fought in Okinawa
Paternal great great grandfather left Ireland for the UK in the 30s and joined the British Army when war broke out. He was captured in 1940 and died in a German POW camp. His brother was in the Royal Navy and survived the war.

My grandparents were all children during ww2. My greatgrandparents were all between the ages of 40-60 (my family marries really late in life)

By the way, we are Portuguese

Why didn't he get Anne a passport so she could get out, settle in Richmond, marry, and raise a family?

My mothers father was an airforce mechanic at the end of the in England, where he met my grandmother. He turned 90 not too long ago. I have alot of stories of him but few of them involve WW2.

My fathers father came from a Canadian-American border town in the North Country of New York and spoke French as a first language (he was immersed in French-Canadian culture and played all the instruments of Québécois folk music). He was born Adolphus but went by Paul and was nicknamed Dogger. He had 15 siblings and was considerably poor. He spent much of his early adulthood in government work programs during the mid-late 30s.

In June 1940, the same day de Gaulle broadcasted his appeal to resist, he joined the New York National Guard. After Pearl Harbor he transferred to the 101st Airborne. He dropped into Normandy and the Low Country and was in the Battle of the Bulge. We don’t know much of his service aside from records which were partially destroyed in a fire in St. Louis in the 70s, as it is uncommon in my family to speak of military service. However, we know he destroyed several German tanks and would’ve been promoted above PFC several times if it wasn’t for his hooliganess and probably also his background. After the war he was a contractor for the military in Greenland, where he shot a polar bear and obtained some illegal ivory carvings from Eskimos, apparently along with “esoteric snowshoe teachings”.
adirondackdailyenterprise.com/opinion/columns/the-inseide-dope-local-color-by-bob-seidenstein/2016/12/winners-all/

He was buddies with McLaughlin, and they icefished together. Eventually, they gave up and travelling to a lake and drilling a hole in the ice, so they just put a bucket in the snow and pretended to icefish.

I'll ask him next time I see him. He's 97 now. He mostly talked about the hunger winter and watching his friends get shot...and a pig he kept hidden until operation market garden. He lived in arnhem, the Germans took the pig.

Arnhem? Holy shit, one of the most epic last stands of the war literally happened in his backyard.

Yup. Germans dragged a piano out of his house and into a trench, spent nights during the battle playing it outside hiso home. His house was flattened during the battle. He lived near the hospital, can't recall the name of it. After Frost surrendered, he was forced to Amsterdam. Had a bunch of close calls, at one point being conscripted into a work detail. He escaped, met up with some Canadians south of the Rhine after swimming it nude.

He also remembers the Sunday when the first airborne dropped. How pretty it was, and how surreal it was.

Never met my maternal grandfather, he unfortunately died before I was born. But from what i've been told he fought in the New Guinea and the Phillipines as part of the 41st Army division, nicknamed the 'Jungeleers' by our guys and the 'Bloody Butchers' by the Japanese.
He ended up contracting malaria at some point, and was then later on wounded taking out a machine gun nest that shot down everyone in his squad, save for himself and one other guy.
When he got back his unit began training for the invasion of Japan and probably would have been amongst the firstwaves had Truman not decided to drop the bomb.

Maternal grandfather was in the army, was at D-DAY, bulge and Germany. Paternal grandfather was in the Navy, did really nothing except nearly sinking his patrol boat.

My maternal grandfather never did like talking about the war. He does remember telling me about how his squad once killed a group of German POWs who were surrendering.

>Great-grandfather from western Slovakia is drafted into the Hungarian army at the beginning of the Great War
>Captured by the Russians and transported to Kiev. He is moved to a series of prison camps, each one penetrating further east. He eventually lands in Kazan.
>Doesn't care for the Tsar or the Commies and refuses to join their cause. Note many Slavs do eventually change sides.
>Moved to Voronezh in 1918. Escaped from prison camp soon thereafter. However he is shot below the shoulder during his flight. Bullet passes through flesh without shattering bone.
>Survives in the forests and fields of Ukraine eating the cambium from pine trees
>Gets home and has to grapple with a collapsing empire, statehood for Czechoslovakia, and border war with Hungary. Naturally the economy is in tatters.
>Decided to get married and subsequently knock up my great-grandmother. She gave birth and moved to Chicago to work as a seamstress.
>She later returns to Czechoslovakia with my great-aunt and convinced my great-grandfather to move to the USA
>He lived a quiet life as a furniture maker in Chicago and eventually took a liking to port wine and his old violin
>I still sit on his handmade sofa to this day

Did they at least return the piano?

My deceased grandfather was a member of the signal corps, and stayed there until Korea was over. After that, he climbed the ladder pretty far at CBS.

>be my great grandpa
>1945
>Netherlands is completely buried under the rubble of decimated buildings
>Hiding in attic while keeping quiet so Nazis don't discover them
>Notice some girl writing in her diary
>She's kinda cute
>Go over and talk to her
>Learn her name but forget later
>I start flirting with her but her father keeps an eye on us
>A month has passed and we've had many little dates. How could we not? We were both stuck in this cramped attic doomed to the same fate.
>Finally it was pitch black night and everyone was asleep.
>I was a horny boy
>Me and this qt girl start getting into some sensual action
>End with a explosive climax and we lay there panting in the middle of everyone
>Almost a year has passed now and the Germans still didn't find us
>This qt is clearly pregnant and her father has barred me from talking to her
>Her water breaks
>She's in deep pain and lets out loud screams and gasps
>After much agony, she gives birth to my son
>I hold my small kin as a proud father
>Months have passed and my son was looking very healthy
>Nazis roll around to check for survivors
>Baby starts crying and gives out our position to them
>Germans hear and start rushing up to our attic
>They bust down the door and take us all out
>My love and I both let out tears as this is the last we will see each other
>Finally separate
>The end

Please go on

>not ignoring her father and boning her all nine months until the moment she pops
Your Opa was a cuck

damn i forgot that part, user. Well, better luck next time!

Just delete your post and rewrite it

Add Anne having her screams the pain of birth being silenced with a dick in her mouth

My American grandpa was an air force pilot. He apparently has several bastards in Japan, Korea, and the Philippines. He died when I was 5 though, I never got to hear any interesting tales if he had any.

For those that have your so-called "heroes" on the Allied side you are a bunch of traitors and cucks. Thanks to your service against National Socialist Germany Europe is now screwed and the white race is dying as well. You have nothing to be proud of because you committed literal race treason against your own kind by siding against Hitler the fuhrer and savior of Germany. Now today Europe is cucked, it is being taken over by degeneracy, beastiality, homosexuality, feminism, liberalism, and social justice Warriors. Pure degeneracy that's what your veterans fought for in World War II. You fought for so-called (((freedom))). More like freedom to be a degenerate.

Hitler wanted to pruge the Slavs. Literally the purest race.

Okay retard

Ok I just woke up, time for the sequel
>great-grandpa settles down in Algiers for good
>marries a hot af native qt, lives in the European Quarter, starts up his own business shipping wine to France
>has two children in 1946
>life is good
>November 1954 rolls around
>a bunch of Algerians are fed up with this whole colony thing and rebel
>the war expands and the natives are radicalized thanks in part to Europeans murdering fucktons of Algerians whenever the FLN attacks anyone
>my grandpa has a lot of friends from his Free French days serving in Algeria, he often sends them gift baskets and stuff
>on the other hand, some of the Algerian friends he made are pro-FLN
>including his wife's family
>great-grandpa basically just says "fuck it, I'm not a soldier anymore, but I'm not going to move ever again."
>stays pro-French but extremely quiet throughout the war
>eventually in May 1958 the French military leadership is tired of being constantly cockblocked from decisive victory by those weak-willed pansies in charge in Paris, and rebel
>de Gaulle is restored to power, to my great-grandfather's joy
>that joy turns to disgust as de Gaulle sets up negotiations with the FLN
>he rants to my grandfather about how de Gaulle is selling out all the Europeans in Algeria for political expediency
>turns out my grandfather was listening
>at age 16, he starts helping out an organization of Europeans attempting to remain in Algeria by any means known as the Organisation Armée Secrète
>I never got to hear the full details, but he may have helped give intel on where to plant bombs in the Casbah
>my great-grandmother loses her shit when she hears this
>she is not going to let her family be put in danger for grandpa's autism
>berates my grandpa so hard he instantly cuts ties with the OAS, which turns out to be very good in the long run
>de Gaulle grants Algerian independence, and any Europeans in Algeria are given the choice: suitcase or coffin
One more part.

Grandpappy was a Midwest railroad man and was drafted into the US Army to run supplies. He did this Stateside mostly, but eventually got sent to Europe. He became an MP and narrowly escaped the advancing German army in the Battle of the Bulge. Stationed in Berlin and Munich after the surrender. Brought home rifles, swords, and bayonets from as far back as the mid 1800's.

holy fuck user your great-grandfather is amazing

>turns out the Polish guy is European
>asks wife and his Algerian friends from the old days if they have any ideas
>their brilliant idea boils down to taking his wife's maiden name and learning Algerian Arabic sharpish
>in addition, one of his friends is going to be in the new Algerian government, and promises to mark him down as a native Algerian
>remarkably, great-grandpa learns Algerian Arabic in 3 months, just like he did French, thanks to his wife constantly teaching him
>they remain in Algiers for the next 30 years
>grandpa eventually decides to move away to Britain thanks to getting in to London School of Economics
>makes it rich and settles down here
>around this time the Wall is coming down
>great-grandpa decides its finally time to go home, if only just to visit
>sees his family for the first time since 1939
>has a wonderful time
>at the end of the trip says, I'm never coming back here lmao fuck Poland
>moves back to Algeria
>dies in the late 1990s, having memed his way through the Algerian Civil War as that crazy old man everyone has on their street corner
>he survived his wife by less than a year
He was a hell of a man.

My father's paternal side were Cossacks before the civil war in Russia. Too bad I didn't get to meet any of them. Great-grandfather drove a truck for the Red Army. Mostly delivered supplies to the frontline. Managed to survive the whole war from Stalingrad to Berlin but was wounded like 7 times and died shortly after the war from his wounds. Not WW2 but my grandfather fought the Chinese in 1969 border conflict.

Holy moly that story is amazing. Like something right out of a book.

See When I see pregnant Anne Frank fanfiction, I expect to read of how she squeals with pleasure as Peter's cock slams inside of her and how she feels her massive belly squish into his but neither of them care as the euphoria overpowers what little discomfort they feel..

>ywn live in the pregnant Anne Frank greeting Confederate paratroopers during Operation Market Garden timeline

feelsbadman

They lost everything.

Haha, my grandfather terror bombed your loser Germany to rubble.

I tried to be romantic with this (aka avoid all the hardcore shit)

>implying romance and hardcore sex aren't inherently intertwined

How do you think babies are made user?

my great grandfather was a Boys gunner in Norway, but there wasn't any ammo for it so his section became line infantrymen until he got wounded by shrapnel and got sent back to England. He recovered and was sent back to his battalion, but stayed there until the Normandy landings. He only saw light action until he made it to Holland, where he stayed the rest of the war

Great grandfather was a fighter pilot in WW2. I think he was flying around one day and got shot down, had a bunch of shrapnel taken out of his back and got sent home.
Great grandmother slept around like crazy and had my grandfather. Great grandfather came home to a kid that wasn't his but just went with it.

Great great great uncle on my mothers side is the 6th Army's own Paulus, other than that, mostly conscripts and a few minor officers

>Poles arent Jews

Many Jews are Poles.

Damn user

Holy fuck user, no he wasn't. All WWII vets on the (((allied)))side are traitors and cucks who commited race treason against the white race.
t. Race traitors and liberal cucks.

It's not America's fault that Europe has chosen to cuck itself with massive 3rd world immigration and multiculturalism. (However, it is America's fault that America has cucked itself...)

Well, at least he got to nut before the GULAG

>tfw my Czech great-grandfather joined the USAAF to bomb the shit out of the bastards that occupied his homeland
>proud of his service to the end of his days
>officer uniform was entrusted for me to safekeep
I will maintain that uniform and show it to my children and grandchildren one day just to spite you.

great grandfather (on my father's side) fought for the south african army in east and north africa.

granfather (on my mother's side) was a mechanic in the RAF in north africa. wouldn't eat lobsters because they ate his friends.

grandmother (on my mother's side) was one of those birds who moved wooden planes around the maps in RAF fighter control rooms.

either way eyeties BTFO

Grandpa was a B-29 bomber pilot stationed on North Field, Tinian from '44-'45. Flew over 30 missions. Encountered 2 Japanese planes that Kamikaze'd into other bombers in his formation. No injuries and no crew killed. Kept a record of his mission. Flew in Korea and Vietnam too. Pic related

What did he fly in Korea and 'Nam?

He flew B-47's and B-52's. During Vietnam they also had him flying bodies back to the states.

>B-47s

Cool, I take it he didn't fly any in combat? IIRC B-47s were never actually used for combat missions.

>During Vietnam they also had him flying bodies back to the states.

In the bombers or was he qualified to fly transport aircraft like the C-130?

Idk much about his combat record past ww2 aside from the fact he saw combat in 1969 due to an air medal award citation I have of his. And yeah I think they had him flying C-130's or some other cargo plane.

>Great Grandfather was in the R.A.F.
>Was at Dresden

He turned your Reich to cinders... eat shit Snow-Nigger.

>And yeah I think they had him flying C-130's or some other cargo plane.

Makes sense, most of the skills required to fly a bomber could be shared with a transport aircraft (i.e. don't be a retard and try spinning like it's a good trick)

Yeah he didn't much like his last two years due to him flying bodies and in 1970 they put him behind a desk because at that time he was a Lt. Col. And they didn't need him flying. He retired later that year.

Coming your way Hans!

Nice bait

My Great grandfather fought against the germans in the Alta Battalion
(norwegian)

My grandfather joined the partisans in 1943. Apparently, he was in charge of blowing up bridges and train tracks. He participated in the march on Styria and the liberation of Trieste at the end of the war.
He never talked about the war to me as a kid (I was seven when he died) but I saw all the medals before his funeral and heard a bit about it from my family later.

my grandfather was in kreta
i didn´t talked with him about it
since he was in the german army
my mom told me about it
that his 18th birthday was while he fought on kreta , he got a muffin and a can of beer

My great grandfather was forced to fight for the German army near the end of the war when Germany was scraping what was left of Germans to fight, he had bad eyesight and was flat footed and that’s why he didn’t get drafted earlier. Since ss were being fucked by commies, he moved up in ranks fairly quickly and after 9 months he had been promoted to an ss-sturnhamn (shit tier but respectful ranking, like being a saregant) then the war ended, he said he only recalled killing four men after he was told he’d die in a few weeks, he also told us about his time in the last few months of the Reich (he said there was little to no food and everyone knew they would lose but they wouldn’t want to go out cowardly) He died in 2015 (I was 17). I guess I’m quite on the opposite side as you commenters.

grandpa was in the navy, so thats pretty cool i guess

Traitor faggot.

>During Vienna offensive he with his soldiers saved austrian jeweler and his family from shelling. This man give him golden pocket watch as a reward for saving.

Probably every other Soviet soldier that brought home a watch came up with a story like that

>she looked A LOT like Rutka Laskier in her wedding photo (although a bit fatter because she was eight months pregnant at the time)
>why boner.jpg

Well, russianfag here.
My grandfather fought on the eastern front obviously, supposedly was part of the cossacks and came from Stalingrad to Königsberg, cutting off nazi heads with a sabre on horseback. Never got to speak to him personally because he died when my dad was around 15 y/o. Not that bad of a thing I guess, he was also a severely aggressive drunkard who slapped his wife and children around. Would like to ask him how many german gals he managed to rape tho.

>Would like to ask him how many german gals he managed to rape tho.
Anybody still wondering why Russian POWs were treated like animals?

1st great-grandfather fought in Yugoslavia after the soviet coup on 9 september 1944. His whole platoon was wiped out at the Drava river when the germans launched the balaton offensive- only he survived. I assumed he'd seen some shit.
2nd great-grandfather was a captain and a deputy commander of a ~battalion-sized city garrison and wasn't deployed. Was sent to a "reeducation" camp for 8 years after the war by the commies.
3rd great-grandfather fought in briefly in Macedonia and southern Serbia against the retreating Heeresgruppe F but was recalled since his sister got sick.

I have one, but my world war 2 knowledge is very limited. Maybe someone could help give me any more info? Assuming thats even possible just based on the information I have to share.

>Grandfather from southern Germany
>Joined sometime in 1940, not sure what unit or anything like that
>Fought in Russia for pretty much the whole war starting with the invasion in 41
>Was near Kursk and wounded twice there
>Retreated and said he also fought near Warsaw and Budapest
>He found himself in either Austria or Czechoslovakia at the very last days of the war sometime in May and surrendered to the Americans
>He said how the Americans handed him and his fellow men over to the Russians who marched them back to their lines, killing and beating any German soldier who fell behind.
>spent the next 10 years in a POW labor camp somewhere in the Soviet Union and was released in 1955

Thats most of what I know. I have a few notes and things he wrote down about the war so maybe there might be more info in there if anyone even cares or reads this.
>Pic kinda related I bet