How Veeky Forums?

How did all of fucking Poland and Milan do it? How did they stop the Black Death?

Other urls found in this thread:

polishgenes.blogspot.com/2012/04/prehistoric-scandinavians-genetically.html
ancestraljourneys.org/mesolithicdna.shtml
theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?48166-Prehistoric-Swedes-genetically-most-similar-to-modern-Poles&s=55f17f70fca9406265ec320bae8b3c4e
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Made a deal with (((Them)))

Even plagues have pride.

Bro how the fuck did it reach Sardinia

The Cagots?

Strict border control and religious practices that emphasized cleanliness.

>That feel when even plague infested rats avoid your country
Nobody wants to go to poland...

Yeah boats weren't invented yet

Even Lapland got hit by the plague? Huh

Airborne plague.

They had basic hygiene unlike the rest of Europe

you don't poison your own wells

they had the best monarch of the time at their disposal

this one is also true. if france had such problems, i cannot imagine how backward england and rest of europe was.

Jewish sorcery

Try being less obious next time

Why would BLACK death harm BLACK warrior?

lol obsessed little slut. you know people are actually interested in polack history despite memes?

>people hypothesize that Poles had genetic immunity to some degree. Poles come possibly from India[1] (Note 3), immunity genes could come from there. This could pertain to other Europeans, just that individual tribes had different routes of migration, different rates of mixing with other tribes, we talk small percentages differences here which could mean discrete “0–1” toggle effect in epidemiological spread models. There are hard genetic markers which are correlated (supposedly).

Milan went full of "SHUT. DOWN. EVERYTHING." mode.

>things were bad in the 16th century so they must have been even worse in the 14th

Whigs plz go

First time hearing this. On the other hand:

polishgenes.blogspot.com/2012/04/prehistoric-scandinavians-genetically.html

ancestraljourneys.org/mesolithicdna.shtml

Whoops, seems like the first link is no longer around:

theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?48166-Prehistoric-Swedes-genetically-most-similar-to-modern-Poles&s=55f17f70fca9406265ec320bae8b3c4e

Why was Milan the only place with thinking human beings?

Surely Europe encountered plagues before?

Not that guy and no they aren't. The more I see Poles shitting up every other thread with their victim complex paired with missionary zeal about their history the less I want to know about them

Seems to me like you're butthurt.

Nah, I'm only annoyed. But I know that butthurt is the Polish factory setting, so you're excused from noticing the difference.

In Poland's case, they emphasized hygiene more than most other nations in Europe, and relatively few trade routes meant that plague was pretty slow to even make it there on trade routes.

Milan simply shut its gates to all outside contact once they got word of plague in Genoa/Naples, and anyone who displayed signs of plague were kicked out of the city, and from there they waited it out until it passed.

>How did all of fucking Poland and Milan do it?
Being smart pays off?
Kind off Very funny.
>and relatively few trade routes meant that plague was pretty slow to even make it there on trade routes.
Three major trading routes went through Poland.

This. How the fuck do you reach an island in the middle of the sea during those times?

This map doesn't have sea trade routes which was how the plague spread. Is this some poolandboo map?

Not since, like, Justinian

>great king with enough power to enforce rules
>Quarantine
>cleaner cities
>more cats(less witch hunts)
Also actually they were better fed and and not under constant threat of starvation like west(which lower immunity and help spread diseases).

So from this thread I gather Poland wasn't always a shithole. Strange desu

Plagues are interesting in places they avoid.
The Spainish flu in 1917 was insanely deadly, but then you had places like Tokyo and Amsterdam with less then 1% casualty rate.
There where several cities with extremely low rates I dont remember specifically which ones.

Diseases sometimes skip certain cities or areas because of unqiue immunity or other conditions

>Cracow
That typo makes me cringe way to hard.

It's not a typo, it's an exonym, based on the German name

POLSKA STRONG

It's not a shithole right now.

Yeah, back then boats could only sail along coastlines, so it shouldn't have been possible for the plague to reach Sardinia.

No trade routes.

>Veeky Forums gets baited episode #48,231,111

Wrong

Not him, but you can like... google it?

Mind that the other cities that would have otherwise done something similar (like Venice or Genoa) were the first ones to get hit

Not that user, but that map seems almost plain wrong for Livonia, for example. There were no cities in future Livonia before the 13th century. Definetly no Riga nor Reval, the contemporary chronicles do mention a 'gorod' at the site of Dorpat, yet the word can mean both a town and a fort. Naturally there were naitve settlements nearby those locations, but the future cities and castles of (northern) Livonia were all founded and built on new ground - with the notable exception of Dorpat. This is reasonable as the needs of a western european trade settlements and fortified towns and castles differed from those of the native coastal fishing-fishingvillages and hillforts. Also, the nature of the conquest - were areas conquered unconditionally or did they submit through a deal - may have limited the options for the sites.

That's not to say that Livonia didn't have trade, rather they participated in the viking-routes (kaupang trade was term I think?) and contributed iron and furs, for example.

Also, the map is questionable for even post-12th century when it comes for Livonia.

this is a very good post

Where do idiotic people like you come from?
No it's based from its Slavic name Krakow, derived from Krak/us.

Love it

this sardinia most likely wasnt even settled at the time since boats only traveled by the coast

user I...

With medieval ships

Pic related

Names of the cities on this map are archaic, but the "trade centers" should be accurate. There is the reason why "Riga" become major city in the area, and it's only natural that it started as minor settlement, but thanks to ongoing trade it grew up. The other example from this map would be Breslau, it should be Wroclaw in 11-12thC.

>plague hits sardinia
>doesn't leave

must be a bug

People swam to Sardinia to escape the plague, but little did they know the plague could swim too.