>Cairo, Illinois
>St. Petersburg, Florida
>Canton, Ohio

Got a problem with that?

Those without culture can only take it from others

At some point you run out of names

>literally every culture ever wants to be the next Romans

So nothing new, then.

>enlightenment masons name their nation's cities after Egyptian, Greek and Roman cities

Imagine my shock

St. Petersburg was founded by a Russian who was from St. Petersburg.

Why do they call it Cairo if they pronounce it Kayro?

WE

Rome, New York, was settled by Italian immigrants.

Paris, TX, was part of the Louisiana territory held by France.

All of Southern Illinois became known as "Little Egypt" during the 1830s due to bad grain harvests, thus "Cairo" made sense.

The rest don't make a lot of sense.

>Hitler, North Dakota

>Hitler, Missouri
>Stalin, California

Aren't there like 50 Athens in America?

>Lafayette/Fayetteville, Everywhere

Which American city has the most trannys?

Houston

What would you have preferred they name them? Burgersville I, II, III, IV ..... XXVI?

I don't really see how naming towns after prominent historical cities is wewuzzing. This is an autistic thing to be bothered by.

In my state alone we have:
Paris
Athens
Baghdad
Versailles
London
Lexington

>Baghdad

>What would you have preferred they name them?
A lot of burger cities are named after their founders or after geographical features, or have kept native american names from earlier settlements. That's a much better way to name new cities than just copy old world names without even adding a "new" or a "fort" as prefix.
It's mostly about dissonance. What's the point of naming a small peripheral town Rome? It's the city version of naming your inland countryside cottage "Seaview Palace". You could have called DC Rome, or Philly Athens, but not a hole in the woods of upstate New York with no significance.

>live in Colorado
>half the state is named in Spanish
>pronounced in the most gringo way possible
Nothing like a day trip through Buena Vista (Byoona Vihsta) and Salida (Suh-lye-duh).

I mean, it's not like there was a regulatory agency overseeing all of this. Someone built a house somewhere, a few people joined them, and they named it whatever they wanted. Also a lot of the Indian sounding places are actually Schoolcraftian words that don't mean anything lol.

I live in the only north Kingstown in the world

We have a New Berlin, New London and a Jerusalem in my state.

Why didn't they just take it from the locals ?
And they actually did quite often. Manhattan, Massachusetts, etc. Those are good, original names.
New Whatevers are tolerable too.
But Cairo and Athens, seriously ?

A fellow Kentuckyfag?

Honolulu

I believe they get the names from where the settlers come from. If a city was settled by Portuguese from Porto they might name it Porto.

Based Carthageboos

delenda this

Born in Saguache here

America is the true heir to Rome. Trump and every president before him is basically Emperor of the world. Deal with it eurotards.

Athens, Georgia here
can confirm it is entirely a cultural desert, all of its art and music is as lifted (and contrived) as its name

They don't. 'Cairo' is 'al-qâhirah'.

The original Washington is very near me.

Why are there so many Palmyras?

yeah i know how it is in Arabic
and I usually hear it approximated as CAI roh in english, but American towns like Cairo, Georgia are pronounced CAY roh

American here, this bothers me too.
Also
>Las Vegas, New Mexico

oh go piss in a lake