Was there a battle inside the Reichstag?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cZN_wC-wSpE
youtube.com/watch?v=wIKk6bUSE3w
youtube.com/watch?v=hCN8UAdH55A
youtube.com/watch?v=q9uSGLHQAK8
youtube.com/watch?v=YMPg1YMKDAA&t=407s
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Paperclip
youtu.be/KbBkMG1vFbQ
youtube.com/watch?v=F-Uin3mj4mk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yes but it was pretty breif

By the time Soviets entered the building most of the Germans inside were either dead or wounded. I think they just surrendered.

Yes, the Soviets even made a movie about it back in the 60s or 70s.
What game is this from?

World at War from the Call of Duty series. Comfy times

for you

>playing this level for the first time
>mfw this starts playing when you reach the Parliament room

youtube.com/watch?v=cZN_wC-wSpE

the battle around Reichstag took 3 days
After that the things are pretty much done

>The fucking ending sequence with the Nazi getting gutted and the soviet flag being planted.

I swear to god the Russian campaign was literally tankie propaganda of the highest caliber. And I loved it.

I always played as brutal Dymitri, I actually felt bad for the Germans half way through the campaign, Black Ops flips the table on the Tankie propaganda though lol

There were still German soldiers holed up on the Reichstag's basement at the time the flag was first raised. They only laid down their arms when Weidling surrendered the entire city.

The most glaring inaccuracy of this game is probably the depiction of the Reichstag having the Reichsalder and being mostly intact when the building had never been repaired after the fire and the Nazi parliament (for whatever little use that was) met at the Kroll Opera House.

Amazing level

>dawn before the assault on the reichstag
>soviet lieutenant in a trench
>trying to figure out where the reichstag by cross-referencing on the map
>CO comes up, lieutenant is taking too long
>what's the hold up peytr
>comrade officer, there's a building in my line of sight, i can't see the reichstag
>CO checks map
>THAT BUILDING IS THE REICHSTAG, CYKA

never fails to make me laugh

World at War and Blops 1/2 had a great story. I love playing the CoD campaigns just for the Michael Bay spectacle.

Pacific Theater got fucking oriental jungle rave music for some reason youtube.com/watch?v=wIKk6bUSE3w

i like the first black ops except for all these long live "cutscenes" at the start of every mission
I KNOW THE FUCKING STORY NOW LET ME SHOOT ALREADY

this. they are fun and interesting scenarios

Black Ops I had a garbage campaign riddled with inaccuracies (dude Russians with French assault rifles that weren't developed until the 70s LMAO). I'm somewhat forgiving on II though since the Contras, Soviet-Afghan War, Angolan Civil War, and Invasion of Panama are subjects that are rarely covered in video games.

I hope you pirated those games at least.

What do you think about Vietcong? My all time favorite military game for sure.

It was a big-ass building in middle of a square, so it had great strategic value. Of course, there wasn't a whole SS division dressed in parade uniforms inside like in WaW, but still, German defenders put a bitter resistance.

youtube.com/watch?v=hCN8UAdH55A

lel, the FAMAS in that game wasn't even made until 2007. Pretty much all the weapons in the game weren't made until the 70s or 80s

I loved it as a kid. Been meaning to rebuy it. Men of Valor was another good one, especially with how the game starts with the intial foray into Vietnam in 1965 rather than starting with just the Tet Offensive or Khe Sanh.

Most of the defenders of the Reichstag were Volkssturm or Wehrmacht, the remaining SS were stationed at the Reich Chancellery (ironically most were foreign-born SS troops rather than Germans).

Flat-topped AR-15s (i.e. no carry handle) were pretty much non-existent until the 1990s when railfaggotry took over with the adopt of the M4 Carbine. The only flat-tops in US Military service prior to then were a few modified M16s used by Navy SEALs. And yet, half of the NPCs are running around with flat-topped M4s. It would've been less historically inaccurate to feature the PASGT helmet as a usable piece of equipment since that was actually already in development at the very end of the Vietnam War.

Oh yeah and carry handle optics now and forever

Best Call of Duty

Aw, yeah! Bouncing around the back of a PBY... halcyon days.

There's a movie with Tom Hardy about it

Largely because Treyarch realized that a game set in the 60's would feature more WWII weapons since they were very much in use at the time.

Why did we let the tankies take Berlin?

Americans and the commies are the same shit just different smell.

one of the few good things we let happen

>Largely because Treyarch realized that a game set in the 60's would feature more WWII weapons since they were very much in use at the time.

You didn't read my post did you?

I would've been very happy if all of World at War's weapons like the M1, BAR, and PPhS-41 made a comeback in Black Ops I in the hands of Operation 40, Vietcong, and the ARVN. The problem was that the devs did the exact opposite, flooding the game with weapons that didn't even enter service until the 1970s and 80s to the point where the game was a cheap MW2 clone (and MW2 was a complete piece of shit).

I did read your post. Im pretty much giving you the reason why Anachronistic weapons existed in BLOPs.

That's no excuse.

I fucking wish they never killed Dmitry off for no damn reason in BO1. It was completely pointless goddammit.

The first time I played this mission the drums came in and I thought it was the sound of rounds hitting the plane.

They needed an excuse to make Reznov hate Communists.

Frankly, it would've been better to have Reznov in Black Ops I as a sympathetic antagonist or alternatively have him as a playable character, hunting down ex-Nazis who are sheltered by CIAniggers.

World at War had the best music

>mfw this starts playing in that one level with the pitched street battle while the Germans and Russians are fighting each other from buildings across each other overhead

youtube.com/watch?v=q9uSGLHQAK8

The excuse is that the game's history is all """the classified truth""" CIA/spook stuff with access to things which didn't exist then because ITS A DIFFERENT LEVEL BRO. It's not a vietnam game, it's black ops game set in the 60s-80s.

You should have thrown your incredulity out the window when the actual goddamn nazi arctic base showed up.

Yeah but I think it was just a handful of SS troops who got immediately gunned down

Okay retard

>the game's history is all """the classified truth""" CIA/spook stuff with access to things which didn't exist then because ITS A DIFFERENT LEVEL BRO. It's not a vietnam game, it's black ops game set in the 60s-80s

That's still a bullshit excuse because there's no way you'd see the CIA using weapon that weren't patented (literally the first thing gun manufacturers do with a working product to prevent competitors from stealing the design) for another decade. Not to mention maintenance, ammunition, and most importantly plausible deniability for said weapons would be non-existent. Hence why the CIA generally prefers either standard issue US military equipment or arms seized from a beligerent in a previous conflict (hence how the Taliban came to be in possession of Chinese Type 56 rifles, they were seized from the NVA during 'Nam and resold later).

>You should have thrown your incredulity out the window when the actual goddamn nazi arctic base showed up.

Oh, I threw it out the moment I saw Frank Woods using an M16A1 with an M203 in the Bay of Pigs opening mission.

The game is so full of horseshit, it's actually hurts my brain to play it.

>World at War had the best music

Bingo

youtube.com/watch?v=YMPg1YMKDAA&t=407s

That's the dumbest shit I've ever heard.

>That's the dumbest shit I've ever heard.

Except it literally happened

>That's the dumbest shit I've ever heard.

Except it literally happened

coon

I think there was a brief resistance where the Germans held the Russians on the outside of the Reichstag. The Russians proceeded to shoot artillery directly into the building from the front steps for like an entire day, then pretty much moseyed on inside.

Yes but not like what you see in COD WaW

Call of duty was always incredibely bland normie trash.

Yes but the building was pretty much ruined before the fighting began, it was gutted by a fire in the 30's and wasn't fully restored.

>that fucking sniper sequence in Vendetta on Veteran
>you have to shoot the fucker 3 times and then quickly duck each time before he kills you with surgical precision
>Grenade spams, grenade spams everwhere
I loved WaW but Veteran was more annoying than it was actually difficult.

>that level on the plaza outside reichstag
the horror

>that part in Blops where Dimitri gets fucking gassed by his own officers while Reznov watches

>Muh fucking dick is hard!

CoD: United Offensive is undeniably the greatest in the series

Veteran on WAW costed the life of my controller
RIP
2015/2016

F

Because it was already included as Russian territory in the Yalta Conference

>Have Russians in Berlin, also Americans and Bongs coming in from West and South
>Still refuse to surrender
What did Hitler mean by this?

Glad I wasn't the only one.
That game on veteran was magnitudes more difficult than the entire Dark Souls series combined.

Fucking this. I was like 12 when it came out and spent the rest of the year thinking I was a Communist. It's crazy they got away with that level of propaganda. Imagine if they made the Germans that sympathetic.
Really makes you think.

The enemy grenade spam was fucking ridiculous though

>Hitler
>surrender
It's like you know nothing of his ideology or psychology.

Hitler was completely insane/senile by that point and people around him recognized it. Memes will tell you otherwise but Hitler in 1945 wasn't the same person as in 1933.

We got a Naziboo over here

No, but his ideology was survival of the fittest and to never surrender. He thought Stalingrad was a success when it was quite obviously over.

>mfw when CoD wasn't utterly trash back then
youtu.be/KbBkMG1vFbQ

>tfw I remember talking to a bunch of friends in 2009 saying the kids of today will feel nostalgia about utterly trash games like CoD once they grow up
>tfw it actually happened
lmao

WAW really wasn't utterly trash compare to CoD nowadays, I've played almost every one of them for decades, and the latest "WW2" title is the first one I will never buy. This is not nostalgia but fact.

WAW already did have regen health, in fact I think it started with CoD 2. So the only good CoD was the first one and that entire game felt like a Medal of Honor ripoff when it came out, down to using the same engine and similar textures.

>regen health
That's fucking nothing.

>Medal of Honor
This also becomes utter trash(and shut down by EA) LONG before CoD was, I stop buying it since Pacific War.

>That's fucking nothing
It's literally the worst thing about this shit series. It ruined gaming as a concept, and every game that utilized it so far is shit.

>This also becomes utter trash(and shut down by EA) LONG before CoD was
Allied Assault came out in 2002, and CoD 1 (2003) feels like an Allied Assault ripoff.

>I stop buying it
>buying games
jej

MoH AA has aged like garbage and is pretty boring in itself. People only remember the D-Day level because the rest of the game is so forgettable or frustratingly poorly designed (sniper town)
CoH 1 improved in every aspect and is miles better, despite being made only a year later

>COD 1

>It's literally the worst thing about this shit series. It ruined gaming as a concept
No, your health will stop regenerating(at least to certain level) when you turn up the difficulty, if my memory is correct.

CoD was always an arcade style FPS, regen health really is fucking nothing. There were no rampant forced diversity, libercuck revisionism and all kinds of irrelevant political horseshits like it has today.

>Allied Assault came out in 2002, and CoD 1 (2003) feels like an Allied Assault ripoff.
I don't give a shit if it's ripoff as long as it's fun and without political agendas. Besides, the original CoD developers were partially from MoH team, and it plays better than MoH which was why it became more successful than MoH latter.

>aged like garbage
I agree. So did CoD 1.
>improved in every aspect and is miles better
No it isn't. You're just a 20 year old casual nostalgiafagging your casual games.

>It's okay if a game is shit tier garbage for plebs as long as it isn't SJW
The standards have fallen really fucking low over the last decade, holy shit.

>So did CoD 1
name where it has aged poorly?
>No it isn't. You're just a 20 year old casual nostalgiafagging your casual games.
yet again, you don't say why it's not that good

>It's okay if a game is shit tier garbage for plebs as long as it isn't SJW
No, it's not, which is why I already stop buying them.

Don't shovel your own retarded shitpost into my mouth. The standard have fallen really fucking low over the last decade, holy shit.

>Sniper Town

ITT people whine about health regeneration while also proudly proclaiming they aren't going to buy a game that doesn't have health regeneration

COD was a tankie factory as far back as the first one. Tankies were the original wehraboos now that i think about it.

>I want a nice guy to settle down with now.webm

This. Truly pathetic.

>implying you don't also have nostalgia for shirty game from 20 years ago.

No, I have nostalgia for good games.

Our shitty games weren't over-hyped.

bullshit, I garuntee you like complete trash games.

The Soviet story was incredibly enjoyable. Unlike the American campaign, the Soviet one is incredibly emotional and focuses not on some fight for democracy or whatever, but rather on and intense hatred and a deep need for revenge, to afflict upon the enemy all the suffering they've imposed on you. The intros to the Soviet levels were also fucking top tier. I wish they would make a documentary in this style
youtube.com/watch?v=F-Uin3mj4mk
>that ominous music as Soviet forces creep closer and closer to Berlin

>being this guntistic
buhh this was a M5567 instead of an M5568, game bad

I actually had a glitch in the American campaign. During the part near the end where you can save or not save your commander, it glitched and everyone was just standing there. I cartwheeled around the whole map with everyone not moving, but couldn't progress because it ends with big waves of Japanese soldiers.

When I reloaded I stayed way back so the scene could play itself out. I still wonder what it would have been to save that guy (who I think Kiefer Sutherland played).

I love the Soviet campaign it made larp as one during the entirety of it. The house to house fighting was awesome too, shame we didn't get another mission fighting in Stalingrad

>Medal of Honor ripoff when it came out
Nope.jpg.

The whole premise of Call of Duty was you being a Grunt. So you're in walkthrough levels fighting alongside your buttbuddies.

Medal of Honor always started with you being a grunt and then you become some sort of special agent afterwards.