Okay so we've heard a lot about history. But what about HERstory? I wanna know about females

Okay so we've heard a lot about history. But what about HERstory? I wanna know about females.

there were no women before the 1970's.
look it up.

I fucked a whole lot of them

*hides thread*

Google Julie d'Aubigny, she's a damn fun character to read about.

History is mostly about wars and inventions and millionaires, not about how day to day life is run.

'History' is the story of like a few tens of thousands of people ever, ever, ever. Very little 'history' on the rest.

From Hoe to Pirate Queen.

What a fucking sellout. She had the Eastern Seas in her pocket and she threw in the fucking towel after a few years to run a fucking bar or something. Poser

sooo herstory... hi story? actually pretty accurate user, cannabis is based desu

The Dahomey had a regiment of women that acted as guards and also fought in wars. Supposedly they were effective. They're given the moniker, "Dahomey Amazons," but i won't be surprised if someone finds some contrivance to say "WE."

Lord Byron is based. Not only did he write poetry, including great stuff like Don Juan, but he produced the wonderful Ada Lovelace.

Reminds of the time in Empire Total War when I conquered Algeria as France and recruited an army of them because they were as good as expatriate line infantry but only marginally more expensive than militia and used my negro army to conquer Germany.

There were plenty important and notable women through history.
The family structure in different social strata through history is an interesting subject.
But when someone tries talking specifically about women in some period or starts using conflict perspective in analyzing family, I simply stop listening.

Let me know if you want to know about African royal women in war

I'd like to know.

>Had an affair with a young woman
>Girl's parents put her in a nunnery
>Julie enters the convent, steals the body of a dead nun from the mortuary, puts it in her lover's bed then sets fire to the room
>The two flee the convent

>Later on has numerous duels with several noblemen
>The vast majority originate over the affections of some young lady

Damn, she was hardcore.

>that child mortality in ancient rome

Did someone say waifu thread?

Women don't exist you retard, it's all men pretending to be not men, if someone says they've seen a real vagina, they're lying.
I bet you go on /pol/, idiot.

You got any Maria?

CUTE

>I bet you go on /pol/, idiot
Yeah... I'm heading there now

pleb.

Our knowledge on women from the past is very limmited as for the most part in many cultures they were kept in the private sphere and not allowed to express themselves openly in public at least. Most of what we know about women is what ever was written by their husbands or other men around them until like 1800s in many places. And if they did write, they did not reveal their true thoughts or feelings or at least it was not considered proper for a lady.

Take Tale of Genji for example, it is written by a women but she intentionally limits the expression of females for near all characters and even her own thoughts on some subjects throughout the book.

Our knowledge of how even women of rank women were back then and what they thought, are in patches of what we are able to salvage from different times and societies.

Also what he saidWomen did not really partake in these.

That looks awful. I'll take my waifu in black and white, thank you all the same

Fpbp

A man of culture.