You think history will ever adopt Veeky Forums's flippant but succinct tone?

You think history will ever adopt Veeky Forums's flippant but succinct tone?

I just listened to Evan's explain Hungarian nobels blockading of practical reforms of the Austrian Empire, and he used like twenty words where "turbo autism' would have been a fine descriptor.

Also general books thread. This one is great. This is the Evans of Third Reich trilogy fame. Long, relevant exerpts from journals and primary sources. Tons of economic stats. Biographies of key players but also common people.

The only problem is that the narrative gets buried a bit in all the facts. It's a great partner to Duncan's more politics driven narrative of 1848 on Revolutions Podcast.

Covers from the end of Napoleon to the start of WWI

>"turbo autism' would have been a fine descriptor
What's autistic about not wanting to give the bourgeoisie power?
t. descendant of Hungarian nobles

It halted modernization and industrialization. Poor living standards and making the decendants of serfs pay old lords tax into the 20th century is what helped push popular opinion against the Hapsburgs.

Independence meant a lot of small disorganized players instead of one big one and as a result the region declined percipitiously in power and prestige and ended up dominated by Russia for half a century.

I mean, Austria was the premier hegemonic European power halfway through the 19th century, and a corpse by 1914.

>It halted modernization and industrialization.
And this is bad why? Industrialization and modernization got the west into a heap of manure and faggotry.

>The modern world is worse than being a serf

Spotted the /pol/tard.

Arguably being a hunter gatherer might be better, although back then only one man for 12 women reproduced, so Chad is cleaning house, but you live in a close knit, albiet highly violent society.

But being a serf or peasant like most people were?

I'd do my very best to get to the USA. Modernization is what let the USA go from shitty hut colonies full of religious zealots in 1640 to more prosperous than Europe by 1830, and the largest economy in the world by 1885.

t. someone who hasn't spent a week of their life in the wilderness providing for themselves

No one is stopping you from selling your gay little iphone, MONSTER PC, and car to buy some land in the middle of the US and run a subsistence farm today. Shit m8 you could be your own lord.

>It halted modernization and industrialization

>He actually believes this

>No one is stopping you from selling your gay little iphone, MONSTER PC, and car to buy some land in the middle of the US and run a subsistence farm today

Lookup the average cost of a farm. I was going to do exactly this until I saw the costs

"turbo autism" is actually not very descriptive. It can refer to all sorts of various specific behaviors.

Not totally obviously, but in 1840 Austria proper was not behind most of Germany or France.

By 1914 it lagged far, far behind everyone but the Ottomans and Russians. Notably, Russia disappeared for most of a century and became the USSR. The Ottomans disintegrated, and so did Austria.

This is relevant.

>cost of a farm

You're not buying a farm, user. You're buying a few acres of land and making a number of small gardens to feed yourself. Land in the US can still be very cheap.

>protip
it will be easier if you become Amish

I blame the ausgleich. Its what happens when you let hunniggers have modicum of responsibility. They can't be trusted with anything more than cleaning stables

I'm not lying about being Amish,and even still look up the costs. Unless you grow Lima and live in mudhut

Bismark realized that the peasantry tended to be more nationalist. So turning the vote over to all men, so long as the legislature remained weak actually split the middle and lower classes.

Austria had a harder time doing this because of its mixed nationalities. That said, if they had successfully used liberal reform and some more rights for the lower class to pit the peasantry and workers against the nobles, with the Hapsburg Monarchy standing in as the center of a United nationalist agenda, they could have made it work.

Really, if Austria wins Königgrätz decisively, which they easily could have, the Prussian first and third armies are routed and they emerge as giants.

But instead Benedek just sat on the Prussians, taking advantage of the fact that the Austrian artillery was actually better than Prussia at this point in history, and let the Third army catch up by forced March late in the afternoon and catch them in the flank.

If he pressed forward he destroys the first army and then faces a tired and strung out third army arriving late and probably destroys that too. Pure luck that the Austrian picked a dithering idiot.

This is 100% correct. The need in society to be all lovey dovey and only allows venting through passive aggression is shitty.

Bump

>now you can vote
>ok, so lets vote the independence of our ethnic group
>nation balkanizes the next day

>Land in the US
Why do you Amerispergs automatically assume everyone is from your shitty country, holy fucking shit

This is why the free masons allowed unfettered free speech and a sort of "what is said here stays here" rule. They were basically anons arguing with each other and this allowed them to get to the point

How is it politically? By that I mean is it trying to force lefty/righty shit down your throat?

>being a serf
Not applicable to me or my forebears, sorry.