Veeky Forums fashion thread

Haven't had one of these in a while.
youtube.com/watch?v=4Un5ipTjDms&lc=z232i1axeumahbrfyacdp43b0hfmezoh1thjgfb2nv5w03c010c.1514469621381367
Has anyone ever heard of this channel. What do you think? Seems pretty legit from historical illustration books I have seen on line/posted here.

Post fashion from your favorite or least favorite periods and cultures here for fun and/or discussion.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/o3VKBFUvdmo
sengokudaimyo.com/Forced_Affection.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

bump for cool headdresses.

I guess people just aren't feeling it today?

I'm really into those things tied around the pigtail braids at the time. Any idea what were they called?

I'm sorry, but I just can't stand the damn ruffs worn on the neck of Elizabethan ladies. Like why?
Also is it true that it was also a thing to shave your eye brows during that time?

bump.

period?

I think headscarves are more of an old maid thing nowdays.

One of Shiki's friends.

>tfw male headscarves and fez are no longer in fashion
>headscarves would make you look like a hippie on meth
>fezzes are only acceptable if you're an old man in a very small car

The fez are still popular in the levant, the funky female head-scarves are still popular in North Africa's berber tribes.
Pic related, Kaftan, this dress was used by nobility since Carthaginian times.

I meant in terms of ottoman fashion, the fez just not popular in turkey as much as it used to be. THANKS ATATURK

As for female headscarves, yea they're still in popularity but not with males in modern European/Western wear unless its like a greasy hippie.

Yeah hippies ruined beards too.
The east is known for crazy dresses, especially the women.
Pic related, Zenobia, queen of Palmyra.

french always had the best fashion

>beards
I feel like the only people that seem to grow big lushes beards and dont look like 1. a terrorist or 2. a hippie, are Brazilians. Goddamn they have and always will have nice beards that just fit
>i will never be able to grow a lush beard like them

bump
more

>wot's wrong, frenchie-kun, could it be yor cravin' m'croissans?!

holy fucking shit what is yhat, i didn't mean fuckinh alien french i meant french people not some demon from the fourth circle of hell

wow

Who is this qt?

mirin'

As much as I dispise eastern men for being utterly disgusting, I know for a fact that all Chad men in history, usually went for eastern women, and I believe I know why.

Love post WW1 and pre-WW2 fashion

Why isn't this the clothing of choice for all women?

>ywn wear 18-19th century fashion in your life

I'm gonna fckn weep

I've always been really facinated by Heian Japanese fashion with their white faces, floor length black hair, colorful junihitoe and white trains.

Funny you mention that, I love how they were able to match all those different colors too. I think the white face thing has always influenced East Asian fashion and I have strangely grown to appreciate it. One thing I could never get was the the whole blacken teeth thing. Like why? Shaved eye brows okay. I can see, especially depending how and the shape in which the eye brows are redrawn, they can be aesthetic but the teeth shit...How is that preferable to staining/nonwhite teeth?
Like would it come off when going to bed? Imagine making out with your girl with that...

because black teeth that matches the hair and eyebrows and contrasts to the white face paints and red lips, is much more aesthetic than yellow or brown pre-toothpaste/ filthy peasant teeth. So I kinda get it.

I love Georgian fashion with it's frills/ ribbons. The hats were also pretty GOAT. Pic related I hate the rump pads though

One of my favs

Least favourite is any time period women wear pants, so 1960s-now.
Source, am woman

What era would pic related be. I was thinking it was a European woman perhaps French, in the 1930s or something.
Of course, 1920s American fashion was prime.

So like, would that shit come off? Seems like it could make a mess.
Idk man, stained teeth aren't that bad, especially considering since their diet wasn't as sugary as modern humans so they would have fewer cavities and thus infections.

Those hats though. Actually can we just shift gears a bit and also dedicate this thread to hats/headdresses for real?

Anyone else also a fan of the collars attached/tied by men in the 19th century? I kind of wish guys still wore them sometimes...

forgot pic

18th century hats were stylish af, especially the big black ones

Eastern Orthodox religious hats are always beast

Can we just agree that Han dynasty fashion was the best period and China with no competition for both men and women?

kind of a fan of the hats the guys wore here. Reminded me of this

Persian I believe

forgot pic

I was hoping for a thread like this. I'm a fan of 15th century and Edwardian fashion myself. Recent pattern haul.

'old on a minute...

fucking stop. there are so many things horrible about this not including
>tumblr

except that's what you're going to expect from an Edwardian frock coat

Qing > Everything else.

perhaps the break could use some work but its quite good

the evolution from frock coat to morning dress

>ill fitting waistcoat
>that horrible color and pattern matching
>hair style short and slick with no discernible pattern
nah fuck of mate.

Love those 1920s hats. the summer ones especially like top right.

>ill fitting waistcoat
debatable,i'd admit him buttoning all the way is a faux pas but generally it's not far off from what we see in the period it should be
you should see what they go for during the pre-war times

one of histories biggest fashion icon

Notice how their colors and patterns are layered and the attention to waves and crips in the hair-style or baring that facial hair.

Also his waistcoat is about an inch too long and obviously not fitted enough. If you think that ayy lmao looks proper in that pic you are probably a fedora shitter

Fuck not mention, where the fuck is his hat? Why would he ever have his frock on and no hat in sight?

>hurr durr the layering and attention to waves and crisp
pointless in your part,you're thinking about picking on nothing,long waistcoat is something that king george v did and passed over,diamond pattern was something that did happen

you sound like a tramp
youtu.be/o3VKBFUvdmo

you sound like a faux dandy

>cumberbun wearing warm grey, cool grey, and a black frock and no hat
>act like I'm nit-picking

yes you are,you should take it context based rather than matter of factly old sport,the only real problem is his lack of proper head wear and the break on his pant

Unless you meant late late Qing as in early modern period, you have to be joking?
With those literal "Just" hair styles for men?

Meme all you want, but they had some nice threads.

superior hon coming through.

Sure thing bud.
Seriously looks at these threads.

Agreed

Pic related is of the best color coordinations I've seen, followed by lavender/blue colors

how did Japanese aristocrats seed their wives and concubines without feeling like they just jizzed all over a priceless work of art

Rape Culture.

No, not SJW. Like, fucking really. Surprise Sex was romantic during Heian Japan.
>sengokudaimyo.com/Forced_Affection.html

So from what I seen in some animes on the subject, apparently those robes are easy to slip off, or it could just be animu logic idk.
Considering there is no obi(belt) really holding it all together, maybe it's plausible?
Also consider this as court dress, not house/bedroom dress. The 3rd pic is more casual.
There was more nuance to it than that, more liek gender roles and playing hard to get on purpose, but I suppose some actual rape probably did happen. Not like you could do/say anything against the emperor(literal god on earth).