I'm 20 and retarded, with 3k in the bank

I'm 20 and retarded, with 3k in the bank.

What is the absolute best investment I can make at this point in time?

Looking right now into buying up a grand of Eth.

Other urls found in this thread:

99bitcoins.com/the-bitcoin-gold-hard-fork-explained-coming-october-25th/
coinmarketcap.com/currencies/metaverse/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Retarted
Apply for social security . If you get 1000/month it s like having 500 000 in the bank.

30% in btc, eth, ltc

10% play with a shitcoin like link

Only buy red candles
Sell at 10% gainz...get greedy and you may possibly get dumped on

Also I should familiarize myself with this board, aye?

Been on this shithole of a site since I was like 9. Made 20 grand from an initial investment of 40 dollars online-gambling when I was 16.

All the financial growth I've missed out on is gay as fuck.

To new beginnings, my financially oriented anons.

Play with shit exchanges like coinexchange and you will play with fire. Pajeets will take your money if you are a true tard

What is a red candle?

A low price. Sign up for an exchange like bitfinex or bittrex and you'll see them

So, don't use coinbase?

>not 100% in shitcoins
Stay poor faggot

Chancoin.

basically get some ETH as you planned and then you can do what you like with it. I would invest in some ico's there are a number of quite interesting ones posted on this board right now.

I have a really good opportunity. fresh from the oven so to speak. this is a coin that is not even released yet but it is rock solid coin attached to a nascent global food franchise. I am in touch with the founders and they are willing to let me become an angel investor in that regard and also a franchise owner.

>invest in some ico's
Even as someone who has no idea what's going on?

just use your common sense. thats what I did. I made a shitload of money so far.

lumens

How much did you start with and how much have you made if you don't mind me asking ?

Common sense within the context of what? The only pertinent resources I'm keen to at the moment are sites like coinbase. I have no basis of reference for anything. My plan as of now is basically to buy coins at random and sell them at marginal gains.

Is there some other strategy you, or anyone else on this board has employed that I'm not aware of?

over 100k

Okay so as of right now, the plan stated in the OP is what I'm going with lole.

I'll probably just split that grand 1k into ETH, BTC, BAT, and maybe something else. Idk

This is why I'm not a poorfaggot

I don't gamble

God I'm still so lost.

I thought there'd be some universal beginners guide Veeky Forums could point me towards, like the sticky on Veeky Forums.

Drop a grand on ChainLink right fucking now, you will thank us in 6 months, LOOK INTO IT FOR FUCKS SAKE ITS LITERALLY FREE GUARANTEED MONEY

I gave you one faggot, I'm trying to be a nice user

Buy some ETH stock pile 30% in that 30% BTC/LTC and the rest in alt coins buying when theyre 10-20%+ down from average market value and buy on red candles.

Look at Elix, Eboost, and possibly ODN tonight. Link is great but not sure if its the moment to buy

dont buy bat.

ETH is about to moon for one thing. and there are far better opportunities.

look for something that will use a lot of computation in the ETH contract. the more gas it uses the better. either by number of users or through fine computation. or look for things that spring up around the internet of agreements.

or if you want to buy something that isn't ETH look for a coin that forms the monetary base of its own blockchain. then look at the health of that blockchain

Yeah I mean, this was just in line with what I planned to do anyway.

I still don't know how to go about getting red-candles. Like I said, I plan to use coinbase unless there's some other platform people are using that's better.

I don't understand half of what you said here

Buy the dips only. Play it safe with shitcoins in the top 100. Practice with an exchange like bittrex or binance. But only with 10% of your initial investment. Go all in and you'll turn into a pink wojack.

Coinmarketcap.com is your friend

Yeah I don't think I'll be playing around with shitcoins all that much. This is all just randomly throwing money around for me, and so I plan to play it relatively safe at first.

What do I look at here? Just the graphs?

Yep, study and learn the trends/charts

Do people on here actually make money trading coins or do 50% win and 50% lose?

>Buying ETH
Yes goy, buy the most stagnant shitcoin out there.

Just put your money into BTC after the fork.

>after the fork

What does that mean

>ETH is about to moon for one thing.

aahahahhHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

I bought EBET and LINK luckily the gains from LINK are greater than my losses on EBET.

Just bought some ENJ. decided not to go with Hash Rush. I like RTS games but that shit doesn't look fun. I guess games don't need to be fun though. (majority of pay 2 win smartphone games) So I might regret it.

99bitcoins.com/the-bitcoin-gold-hard-fork-explained-coming-october-25th/

Just Bitcoin's chain getting copy-pasted into a different algorithm, one of the main reasons why it has been mooning lately.

So I shouldn't buy any bitcoin rn? Wait till after the 25th?

Just buy 1/3 of each the three on coinbase, gdax is aeasy way to swap them back and forth (owned by coinbase)
If you want to day trade, pull a send a smaller amount and send to an exchange, then sell and send back to cb. (or webwallet for holding other tokens)
For ico's create the appropriate webwallet, put eth/btc in that wallet, then send to the ico adress. (beware of scams)

Are ico's something I should be getting involved with as a complete beginner?

Think of them as a side bet on the next big thing. It is also the only way most people get beyond beginner status (using multiple wallets, exchanges, security concerns, research and all that). 10% is a good place to start. Veeky Forums likes to swing trade their whole savings, and most do very badly at it.

Where do I find ICO's? And what do you mean by sending coins to their address? Isn't that just sending someone money?

I'm using coinbase right now as a wallet. Is that what I should be doing?

Yes, coinbase is about the safest place to store coins short of offline on a thumbdrive, even that can be problematic. Make sure you take advantage of 2 factor authentication, and secure your e-mail linked to the account.
As for ico's you need to use a separate wallet because coinbase can't receive coins it doesn't support. If you invest in a etherium based ico, you need a eth based wallet (like myetherwallet) to recieve the token. Scams happen when the ico is either straight up fake or they get hacked and someone changes the address. Most good ico's will have a way to verify the address with a signed message or a registered address.Aside from that, you are placing full faith in them to follow through. Most big the big ico's are well documented. Just google "best ico october" and such and do some reading.

Spoon feeding, I know, but I am fairly new myself so idgaf.

I just put 60 dollars of BTC on Bitfinex and only then realized I have LITERALLY no idea what I'm doing lmao.

Fuck this is way harder to get into than I thought.

>spoon feeding I know

Bruh no. This info is much appreciated, and I'd likely be confused if it were explained any other way.

Just put the 60 into ETP (I think). Gonna see what happens coz I honestly just don't understand this.

>ETP
Well, that is a promising coin, that just had a huge rise and is now on a downward slope. Buy the dips.
coinmarketcap.com/currencies/metaverse/

Ie, buy it when it hits bottom and levels out.

Buy bitcoin and hold until oct 24, then switch to ark.

It dropped like 8% since I put down the sixty

It will go back up though right?

im u op im pretty noob too

right now im holding the big 3 + NEO and Omisego

I made the mistake and bought them at all time high (I was going for a high risk move assuming it would shoot up)

Cryptos are not sound tho, they behave erratically. So when I try my basic fundamental analysis that worked quite well with normal stocks, it doesnt go like that here. It's the wild west.

I bought some more BTC when the price was at 3,400 after watching it for some hours soar around 3k and I knew it was the right time, even a little bit late..

But here's the thing, your timing will never be perfect, accept that.

If you want to day trade, use fucking stop losses, just like you would in the regular world. Personally I havent put any stop loss because Im just buying and holding with my shitty student money whenever I can (no work feelsbadman).

gl

ps do yourself a favor and buy a cold (offline) wallet like trezor or whatever, all security is compromised always and forever be paranoid

Cheers

How should I determine what my stop-losses should be?

What platforms are you using?

Also a newfag, been watching for the past few months but it's tough to find info on any of this. Thanks broheim

well you see the attractive thing about crypto is the volatility, the more institutional investment there is, the less volatility there is. But without volatility, there are no significant gains to be made. So as a retail trader, per se you want to chase volatility.

The stop losses are set either at % drop of current price or a specific target price.

In a real world where your horizon would be 3-6 months to start with and you're looking at some blue chip stock you might want to put eg. 12%.

But for crypto it doesnt work that way because it could go down 11% and then bounce 30% the same day. So you might want to consider targets.

Honestly your investment approach should be the combination of half year horizon + what funds do you have available + how risk tolerant you are.

Obviously shitcoins are a lot more volatile.

Im not a professional investor, this is just my take on things. If anything does not resonate please feel free to discard anything I wrote at leisure.

For the 3 bigs I've just used coinbase but only since I didnt get GDAX to work. Coinbase is expensive. I don't know if prices are better for you based on where you are and your native currency. For other exchanges for the other coins I just use the ones with highest liquidity that I can find on coinmarketcap (after a little background research of course)

Thanks user

This helps

If you want to, invest in mining

It's living hell and time-consuming to get self-educated on these matters. I tried to help to the best of my somewhat limited ability.

I hope you can learn and hope you can gain some money. Hopefully you can help someone like yourself in the future.

Understand that the complexity of understanding and the social barriers here are an excellent filter that fends off the plebs that do not have the patience.

Also be weary of a lot of LARPing and shilling here, time is best spent away doing your own research following your gut. Because if things get dark, you dont really want to rely on some outside source. You want to be internally motived and solid.