Why doesnt this guy get as much shit as hitler or even stalin?

Why doesnt this guy get as much shit as hitler or even stalin?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hirohito
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The U.S. needed him alive to prevent massive resentment by the Japanese populace but also couldn't keep a horrible war criminal alive, so he was just passed off as a puppet of Tojo (and he was to a large extent).

Because he had glasses.

Cause he was a pussy ass nigga that surrendered, where Stalin and Hitler got beat

People feel sorry for him

Because he didn't have much power.

He supported all his government's actions and didnt give a fuck about anything but Japan's dominance but he was just along for the ride.

He didnt really do anything except give tacit nominal support. Hitler and Stalin were the main drivers of their party, their movements and their nations.

He's a nerd

>Because he didn't have much power.

Same for King of Italy.

Because he's a tard

And noone is blaming King of italy for what happend in ww2

>Stalin got beat

What?

Useful puppet.

Because he was a faggot

Because he was a figure head and just that. It would be like putting the blame on Vittorio Emannuel III and not on Mussolini

>Because he was a figure head and just that.

That's true, but only after the war ended. Before MaCarthur rewrote the Japanese constitution, the Emperor was by law considered a god. He was the supreme authority in the Japanese government.

>he fell for the narrative

>he didn't have much power!
>convinced his country to surrender
ok

No, we did

>Japanese Emperors.
>Power
The Yamato clan is the cuckiest family to have ever been graced the title "Emperor."

In practice, he had no power.

Neither Stalin nor Hirohito were beaten. Hirohito wanted to keep fighting even after H&N but the Emperor forced the country to surrender.

>convinced his country to surrender
almost failed because of an attempted coup by diehard elements of the military

>the Japanese Emperor had no real power during WW2
When will this meme end ? Literally every source, Japanese or otherwise, from that period, says otherwise.

>Hirohito wanted to keep fighting even after H&N but the Emperor forced the country to surrender.

user...

This, he could use divine authority to overrule his council, he just trusted them to do the job most of the time.

The situation was pretty sad, Hiro had lost but still believed in the sacrosanctity of the imperial throne and position (probably also understood its value too). It was his one and only requested amendment to the surrender terms America offered (unconditional), that he remain emperor. If we'd given him that, he would've taken it.

American diplomats returned a message saying in the flattest possible way, "Nah." In their defense, they wanted to utterly destroy Japan's identity so that they would never, ever again try to conquer Asia.

So he didn't give up and the war went on long enough for the bombs to be dropped.

He possessed legal responsibility for actions of the military under Japanese law, whether you believe he was actually an influence on the government or not. As a pro tip, he was. He regularly met with his ministers to be informed of and express his opinions on policy and strategy, his recommendations were regularly accepted by the military. He was not the "prime mover" for Japan entering the war and was certainly a degree less culpable than Hitler for atrocities perpetrated by Japanese forces, but he knew of many of these and assented to them implicitly or explicitly. After the war he was under very heavy pressure from within his own family to abdicate the throne to Akihito precisely because they viewed him as guilty as sin and responsible for the war (his brother the Prince Mikasa actually stood up and said so to his face, which was mind blowing level of inappropriate by standards of Japanese nobility).

The notion that he was a powerless puppet is 100% because McArthur was determined to rehabilitate him. He refused to entertain the notion of weakening the monarchy's position because it made his job (occupying Japan) massively easier if he could do it through the monarchy. He deliberately pulled strings to get the war blamed on Tojo so that he could continue to keep the monarchy onside with the occupation.

The real answer is that nobody really has the same level of expectations of non-whites as they do of whites.

American Revisionism to make Hirohito seem oblivious to the results of his decisions.

This is clearly documented.

>Hirohito wanted to keep fighting even after H&N but the Emperor forced the country to surrender.

Average Veeky Forums post

>the absolute state of Veeky Forums

Hirohito had effective control of all government decisions in foreign policy. He was no figurehead and was actively involved in the foreign policies especially. For example, he helped design and approve the invasion of Manchuria and China during the 1930s.

He was neither an all-powerful dictator nor a figurehead. Stop treating the situation like it must be one or the other.

He had effective control of the executive power in Japan. Without his approval no significant actions could occur, as displayed against the Soviets in 1939, Americans in 1941, and Japan’s surrender in 1945.

There was an extenive operation to revise American government historical records and Japanese historical records during the U.S. occupation of Japan. Despite their best censorship efforts, there is still widespread evidence of this operation as well.

Stop buying into the propaganda.

just nuke Veeky Forums
it's nothing but a /pol/ brainlet colony now

Cont*

A cursory glance at the many sources limked on the wikipedia page prove that Hirohito was neither a “nerd”, “figurehead”, nor “nominal leader”.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hirohito

For example.
>Of course His Majesty is a pacifist, and there is no doubt he wished to avoid war. When I told him that to initiate war was a mistake, he agreed. But the next day, he would tell me: "You were worried about it yesterday, but you do not have to worry so much." Thus, gradually, he began to lean toward war. And the next time I met him, he leaned even more toward. In short, I felt the Emperor was telling me: my prime minister does not understand military matters, I know much more. In short, the Emperor had absorbed the view of the army and navy high commands.[21]

The idea that the Emperor of Japan had no authority during WW2 is 100% bullshit. It has no basis in reality whatsoever. The Emperor was regularly informed about recent events. He wasn't kept out of the loop. And whenever he gave his own input about what should be done about a specific situation, the Japanese military more often than not followed his orders to the letter. He had power. A great deal of power.

>Hirohito wanted to keep fighting but the Emperor forced the country to surrender.

Jesus fucking Christ.

This, its all revisionism contrived by the allied forces in order to keep Japan a cohesive puppet state. The irony is that in the process they kept the heart of Japanese Shinto-Monarchy alive and in the next 50 years we will see an independent militarized Japan be the last 1st world superpower with ethnic homogeneity conquer and colonize everything.

Yeah I can't wait to meet the King of Ital-oh wait

And yeah, I know that the King was voted out of office, but he was tied pretty strongly to Mussolini and that didn't do any favors when the referendum rolled around in 1946. I wouldn't discount the idea that Allied intelligence pushed anti-monarchical propaganda during and after the war.

>kept the heart of Japanese Shinto-Monarchy alive

Makes me think back to my Modern Japan class, where the professor talked to us about how the initial plans to disarm and turn Japan into a left-leaning agrarian state were scrapped in favor of beefing them up as a bulwark againsy Russia and China. Brought back in elements of the conservative wartime government and institutions.

That was MacArthur's doing. Truman wasn't interested in post-war Japan, he only cared about what was going on in Europe. MacArthur was left free to do pretty much whatever he wanted in Japan. He did a very admirable job with the power and lack of oversight he was given.

I'm pretty sure the cerebral hemorrhage won

>he helped design and approve the invasion of Manchuria and China during the 1930s.
>He helped devise the plan that no one outside the Kwantung Army knew about

Because he became the symbol to legitimize US rule over Japan due to his cooperation. So they made it into "tojo did all the bad stuff emperor dindunuffin"

What did I just read

Don't ever post again.

What?

He does in Asia. Conversely, Hitler doesn't get anywhere near as much shit in Asia. He gets used as a mascot in Thailand and Indians probably hate Winston Churchill more than they do Hitler.

The absolute fucking state of Veeky Forums

this is bait isnt it?

>H&N
wtf is H&N

Hiroshima and Nagasaki

a right, I was trying to match that with the bombs' names but didn't get anything

Thank you
I was gonna write this aswell, but I didnt even bother because Veeky Forums is so fucking retarded. Glad you took the time though.

Holy shit, there were TWO Hirohitos? We're only something big here guys.

back then the japs loved him as a literal god, trying to occupy a country with around two hundred million religious fanatics who might all turn into suicide bombers against your occupation force the moment you touch their emperor is some serious business