Hey Veeky Forums, is this an accurate depiction of what Cleopatra would have looked like?

Hey Veeky Forums, is this an accurate depiction of what Cleopatra would have looked like?

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1095043/Sorry-Liz-THIS-real-face-Cleopatra.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalos_inscription
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

From this site
dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1095043/Sorry-Liz-THIS-real-face-Cleopatra.html

Nope, much too black/african looking, as well as dark skinned
royalty lived as much as possible in the shade
Ffs, there is a bust of her

That face really looks Mediterranean. Why did they darken the skin, and where did corn rows come from?

No, but this is :)

no way, the royalty of Egypt from genetic tests had very white features(even mummies with blonde and red hair), they certainly wouldn't have allowed something like that to set on the throne(that's even too dark for a commoner at the time, maybe a slave)

WE

>a sheboon
No.

Looks about right minus cornrows, and maybe a little too dark.

From what I gather:

>not really remarkably hot, just somewhat attractive and very charming
>probably not black
>probably tanned, not pasty

I mean, she was Greek. So she wouldn't be that dark.

Where did the corn rows come from? Her bust clearly doesn't have that. Also her skin probably wasn't that dark given that she was Greek. Some Greeks can get about that dark, but this would be very unlikely for a royal female since pale skin was considered feminine. At most she'd have olive skin but more likely fair skin.

This is political correctness and formative action creeping into the realm of science.

I believe one or two of her great-grandmothers were basically Persian, but apart from that she was pure Macedonian Greek.

So no.

We certainly wouldn't want to base depictions upon portraits that were made when she was actually alive, would we.

>(((cleopatra)))

>Realism: The result is a strikingly beautiful young woman of mixed ethnicity
Except she was 100% Macedonian Greek and inbred as fuck. We know this for a fact.
>'She probably wasn't just completely European. You've got to remember that her family had actually lived in Egypt for 300 years by the time she came to power.'
Ah, so they're just making things up.
>The picture of the queen contrasts with several other less flattering portrayals. For instance, a silver coin which went on show at Newcastle University's Sefton Museum last year showed her as having a shallow forehead, pointed chin, thin lips and hooked nose
So this one? The one made while she was actually alive?
Man, they're not even trying to be subtle about their making-shit-up.

Why don’t you want Cleopatra to get into college?

Just a reminder that everything written about Cleopatra was written by the Romans, who blamed her for pitching the empire into a civil war.

WUZ KHWYEENSZ

Wait I thought she was a mix of Greek and Persian royalty?

No! Cleopatra was a Greek and Greeks had a lighter complexion back then especially the upper class.

Based james bond

Just look at these swarthy Greeks!

You can see her nipples in photomode.

Sure

Nope. Skin too dark (she was Macedonian by descent) and no Roman cum on her face.

MOSSACK! DISHA, DISHA.

they do look like like ancient greeks

>Open link, read title
>Title starts with "Sorry"
>Close article

>b-but Persian royalty
Persians royalty wouldn't have been that dark either lmao
The lengths these people will go to in order to push an agenda is absurd

That's pretty cool.

Why does it say "kalos" though. Did the Greeks saw the Ethiopian face as beautiful or erotic?

I assume they would have used kale if referring to the woman.

1. She was born in Macedonia so she was white.
2. Egyptian nobility wouldn't want to look dark/tanned in order so that they aren't associated with slaves/peasants.
3. Heavy eye makeup is historically accurate.
4. Hair is probably not but not sure about this one

you know that ethiopia means "burned face" right
greeks thought black people were ugly

>you know that ethiopia means "burned face" right
Burned as in burned by the sun, not in an oven.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalos_inscription

>A kalos inscription is a form of epigraph found on Attic vases and graffiti in antiquity, mainly during the Classical period from 550 to 450 BC. The word kalos (kαλός) means "beautiful", and in the inscriptions it had an erotic connotation.[2]

ancient greeks weren't /pol/tards

You have posted Fyssas 500 times, do you want me to link you up to some more swarthy Greeks? I mean, it must get boring saving ifferent sizes constantly, right?

>ancient greeks weren't /pol/tards
Yeah, they just considered anyone with a different accent than their city state a barbarian.
Totally progressive and shit.

topicism
/pol/ is exactly the opposite, talking about white unity etc

Talking about white unity while disagreeing who is white in the first place?

Looks like a trap desu

Ayo Persha wuz white n shiet

yes
identities are formed by excluding others
greeks defined themselves by existing city states but since there is no such thing as a white institution, the boundaries are looser

>Talking about white unity while disagreeing who is white in the first place?
How is that confusing to you? Have you been there? They do it all the fucking time. It's part of why they're such a joke. Even the KKK has more consistency in their doctrine than /pol/.

That's because /pol/ is a large group of teenagers going through a fase.

Any Persian admixture would have been many generations back, she was the product of generations of Greek inbreeding. I think there was only one Persian wife in the whole dynasty and she didn't have children.

Wel, this Cleopatra thing is a political tool of this era, nothing to see here, carry on. Let's get back to subject in 100 years.

They are.

Only Amerimutt and Anglo are talking about 'white' unity.
Not degenerate Europeans usually talk about ethnoistates and o not want foreigners at all.
Yeah that include lazy PIGS, autistic Nordicks or eternal Anglos. and 'pure' Amerimutss as well as Chinks, Pajets, Negros and other shit.
Also by sheer amount /pol/ is jardly united considering amount of shilling, counter shilling, LARPing, D&C. I would bet that a lot of /pol/ of posters are not even white by any standards.

wtf I love Kim Jong Il now

wtf I love north korea now

control the present, control the past, control the future

CLEOPATRA WAS WHIIIIIITE

>they darkened her skin
Are Meds fair?

Egyptians did have braid hair styles. Not sure about corn rows though. That is a west/east African thing,not North. Such cultural appropriation!

>WE
let it go Tyrone. She was Greek, deal with it.

Not to agree with idiots who still think a woman whose Great Great Great grandfather(Ptolemy) was clearly Macedonian, had a family tree riddled with incest,while btw living in North Africa(people who are Caucasian/nonblack Africans) is black, but since when did people,esp /pol/tards, agree Greeks were white?

Yep. Pic related is a Greek woman who looks like that

> since when did people,esp /pol/tards, agree Greeks were white?

Literally everyone

turn off your computer, go outside.

No, she was Greek.

I mean Greeks are more Caucasian but yea you're right, most people think that. I guess I was talking more about the average Veeky Forumsfag who gets more specific with race categories and then the /pol/tards who call them the "niggers of Europe" along with the Turks.

Greeks are strictly europid, caucasian is kind of broad. Don't even get me started on caucasoid.

Define Europid

I do not recall any sources describing ancient Macedonians as anime characters

well they're generally lighter pigmented and have a higher incidence of blond/red/blue/green hair/eyes than the caucasoid average.

uh there are a bunch in America too. They used to have a stronger presence in south central Asia?

Wrong

>then the /pol/tards who call them the "niggers of Europe" along with the Turks.
Who the fuck on /pol/ considers Roachland European?

I'm guessing more like this.

inb4 "Cleopatra wasn't Greek"
inb4 "modern Greeks have nothing to do with ancient Greeks"