He killed and enslaved millions of Gauls

>He killed and enslaved millions of Gauls

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demography_of_the_Roman_Empire
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

And nothing of value was lost

To save billions of Romans.

wtf? Caesar and Crassus were the same person?!?

Celtic Oppida were pretty cool.

He gave them every chance to join Rome peacefully. The Gauls rebelled time and time again, led by warlords and nobles who didn't like the change in status quo.

They both stand fucking Roman.

>He gave them every chance to join Rome peacefully
Fuck off, Caesar was only interested in the gold mines scattered all over Gaul. He could care less about "civilizing" the Gallic Tribes.

They're both bent over a table fucking Romans*

SENATORS HATE HIM

FIND OUT HOW HE OVERTHREW THE REPUBLIC WITH THIS ONE SIMPLE TRICK

CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT

>be Gauls
>sack Rome and say “eh, woe to the vanquished, sucks to suck losers”
>constantly fight Romans in northern Italy
>ally with Hannibal in his invasion of Italy
>ally with the Cimbri and the Teutons and try to invade Italy again
>In our own civil strife we get Germanic peoples invading Gaul, further destabilizing the region
>Caesar comes in to pacify the threat that we have always been
>WTF CAESAR IS LITERALLY HITLER US GAULS DINDU MUFFUN #CELTICHOLOCAUST #REMEMBERALESIA

>when you think mount and blade is real

You haven't refuted anything in my post, what the fuck are you going on about? And what source tells you

>Caesar was only interested in the gold mines scattered all over Gaul.

??? You must have known the man pretty well to make such a claim.

Please don't (you) me again.

>get besieged
>guy sieging you builds another wall outside of your own walls when your allied cunts show up to break tge siege

I don't know how anyone could be angry about losing like that. The sheer balls.

To save trillions

Look at this little French girl. Had she been in Gaul at the time, Caesar's forces would have killed her, raped her, or enslaved her.

You forgot the bones and dirt that they wore as custom

That's what happens when your leaders resist a siege in that era. It's nothing unique to Caesar's legions or even Romans in general.

>city surrenders to me, the glory belongs to my negotiating skills and I take all the booty and slaves, we handle it civilly
>city refuses surrender and the legions assault it, the glory belongs to my soldiers and I give them the city to do as they please

>caesar
>fucking

>Brown hair
>Brown eyes
>French

Gee I wonder who could be be hind this post.

Like when the Gauls sacked Rome and raped Roman women?
Like when the Gauls fought with Hannibal and simply massacred Romans without mercy?
The people who hang the heads of their enemies around like trophies?
These are the people I’m supposed to feel sympathy for?

>>sack Rome and say “eh, woe to the vanquished, sucks to suck losers”
this is as retarded as arguing that the crusades was in response to muslim aggression when muslims had done most of the invading centuries before.

your point?

It's fucking funny how he seems to just have decided to attack multiple migrating groups just because, maybe he wanted to get some easy experience for his soldiers or whatever.

It happened only one time with the Helvetii and that’s because they were looting and burning Rome’s Gallic allies as they migrated

>he seems to just have decided to attack multiple migrating groups just because,
migrating groups had threatened rome in the 100s when the teutons and the cimbri destroyed multiple roman armies and made it to north italy. marius had to be appointed consul multiple times (unprecedented) just to deal with them. migrating groups are no laughing matter, at least the appeared to be.

>I don't know how anyone could be angry about losing like that. The sheer balls.
well, if he then proceeded to murder every adult male member of your family and sell the women and children into slavery, you'd probably not be too keen on his ballsy strategy.

Vae victis.

#NOTMYCONSUL

So it isn’t?

That's a meme. Population of Gaul and Germania grew by 60% in just a century after Roman conquest. Hundreds of cities were built.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demography_of_the_Roman_Empire

not much different to the germanic tribes capitals really, and they were considered the most uncivilised in europe

I killed and enslaved millions of niggers

I'd say it sounds more impressive as:
>get encircled
>reinforcements encircle him
>guy sieging you proceeds to encircle your guys encircling him

hmm i wonder where all the immigrants came from hmm i wonder why so many women were impregnated so suddenly hmm

Literally nobody cares

Gaul was shit, Caesar did nothing wrong

>I'm going to take your stuff. If I kill you, it's your fault, because I gave you a chance to give it to me peacefully

OK.

Wasn't there a Roman saying, "As ugly as a Celtic oppidium?" Or is my memory making that up?

Alright... and?

I'm clicking and nothing is happening.

I can’t find a quote anything like that so I’m going to assume that you’re making it up.

Honestly, Gaulish longhouses were probably better to live in than a typical Roman Insula.

>Slavery is wrong
Spooked

>this is retarded
Actually it was, it was in response to the sunni muslim Seljuq turks invading Anatolia, and the retaking of Jerusalem was also called for to convince people of the pious purpose of the crusade.

Kek

I clicked and now I have like 100 fuckin stab wounds in my gut thanks a lot ano

And if she'd been in Haiti in the 1700's she'd currently be laughing and clapping while a dozen slaves were being flayed alive, your point?

Do we laud Brennis as a hero that we should emulate? No, we see him as a murderer, and a barbarian. Yet we hold Caesar on high? They're one and the same.

You have no idea what you're talking about. He attacked completely peaceful tribes because unrelated refugees asked to enter Roman's allies lands....and he also violated an armistice. You say they were "rebelling" but actually they weren't even Roman subjects until Caesar fucked them over.

>Dude, there was no genocide in Cuba. What you talking bout? The population increased after Spanish control!

Kek.
This. Let's not forget who we are dealing with. Caesar is awesome but he was a monster when he was in Gaul.

>be Gauls, a large group of unaffiliated tribes
>completely unrelated tribe sacks rome HUNDREDS of years ago
>some completely unrelated gauls fight romans in norther italy a hundred years ago
>some completely unrelated gaulic tribes ally with Rome over a hundreds years ago
>completely unrelated group tries to invade italy
>Caesar attacks peaceful and ALLIED gaulic states during a treaty because of some refugees you told to go away come into your land and rome invades you and kills all you're women anyway
>(you)

>People in the iron age were cruel dicks to each other!
What a fucking epiphany

Why did Julius Caesar screw over the Gauls in an orgy of violence, slaughter, and expropriation? Because the Gauls would not have thought twice about doing it to the Romans, had they actually been organized enough to resist them. Alas, they had to learn the hard way that reading, writing, planning all your shit out, and unifying in the face of an external threat isn't actually something only pussies do.

I mean fuck, for a while Romans had no compunctions about selling their own veterans into slavery when their debts accrued too high because they were press-ganged into service and their farms fell fallow. They fucking banished the survivors of the battle of Cannae until letting them back in long enough to wage a suicide attack against Hannibal even though it was fuckery in the high command which lead to their defeat. One general had his own son beheaded because he disobeyed a direct order and fought and killed an enemy champion in single combat. Does this sound like the mindset of a people who are going to fight fair with a bunch of savage forest apes who had been their mortal enemy for centuries?

>using hashtags
get out and never come back

Vae Victis.

>what is sarcasm and obvious irony

Alright, Caesar didn't go looking for Gallic cities to besiege. No warleader wants to spend days to weeks of the campaign season losing men to sickness and attrition while investing a city, then lose men assaulting it. The aim is always to destroy the fighting forces so you can subjugate the people.

Caesar looked for rebel warlords, whose armies were indisputably outmatched by the legions. He chased them up and down the country trying to force open battle, and they sheltered in their fortified towns rather than admit they were beaten.

The civilians within were as trapped by their own leaders' decision to keep fighting as they were by the legions outside. I'm sure many of them saw the writing on the wall and were willing to cooperate, but when the rebel leaders are executing members of the vichy faction, you keep your head down and await your doom from one side or another. This has happened in modern conflicts and is a common consequence of armed rebellion.

Caesar does freely admit to annihilating villages and populations, he makes no effort to conceal this at all.
But these are either strategic necessities or punitive actions in response to rebellions and broken treaties, treaties the gallic leaders agreed to after battles they lost.

Veni Vidi Vici

kek

AVE
V
E

What is this? The guy that played Crassus also played Caesar? Or is OP retarded?

Fuck that really made me laugh for some reason

>The guy that played Crassus also played Caesar?
Yes, in other show

Excellent

What other show

Good they fucking deserved it.....gods I hate gauls

And?

Impossible, world population only reached 1 million people well after the end of the 18th century.

legends of tomorrow

t. Gaius Catullus

>when you pacify them so hard their language, religion and culture are completely anniilated

I don't think so, Roman dog.

Holy dickfuck you sure as shit ate a chromosome or two for breakfast didn't you?

world population hit 1 million at 18th century? OVER A MILLION LIVED IN ROME BEFORE 1 AD

Cute

not this again.

thatsthejoke.jpeg

As Scots like to point out, Gaelic (a Celtic language) is still spoken today.

>When rebel leaders are executing members of the vichy faction

You got any proof of this? I can't recall even Caesar mentioning rebel groups executing civilians, much less during a siege.

As it stands with modern scholars on the subject, Gauls subjected themselves to Rome's potential retribution because the chance for freedom was worth the risk. They knew that life under Roman rule would be terrible and it was.

>What's it like to destroy millions of innocent human lives, Caesar?
>"I wouldn't know, I've only ever killed Gauls"

Germans barely had settlements back then.

Pretty ironic you bring up Scots when they used to be Picts before the Irish wiped out their language and culture.

Kek. I wouldn't be surprised if he said something approximating this irl.

This thread is embarrassing.
ITT:
>Anons being oblivious to the suffering of Gaul.
>Anons completely misconstruing how Gaul's population got back to over a million after Caesar was done with it.
>Anons asserting that the world population only reached 1 million people after the end of the 18th century.
>Anons completely forgetting that the tribes of Gaul weren't a unified unit.
>General edge

Just stay away my dudes.

Romaboos not even once

>ah fuck I hate sanitation and roads

>wahhhhhh tribes in the ancient world were destroyed by a more powerful civilization wahhhhh the world wasn’t fair and modern morality didn’t apply to shit 2000+ years ago wahhhh