Why do you like history?

Why do you like history?

I can live my epic power fantasies through history.

Because katanas

Alexander was great, ya know?

honestly have no idea, just find it really interesting

Whenever I read fiction I feel like I'm wasting my time with make-believe.

History has the benefit that it's entertaining AND real.

I guess I also live vicariously from the exploits of great men and great nations - kind of sad really.

I go here to see people flinging shit at particular nationalities from a historical basis

It puts everything into perspective. All the good. All the bad. You can't even pretend to be a reasonably well-rounded human being if you don't have some interest in history.

It was always there. Grew up in a 700 year old village next to a 1000 year old town and the elders told war stories. Awesome.

>Why do you like history?
Because I like to hate.

if you got hate in your heart let it out, white power!

Because it's faccinating and an excellent escapism.

I like good stories. If they’re real, even better.
I still find the stories of the Fall of the Roman Republic and WW1/WW2 to be the most compelling tales I’ve ever had the fortune of reading about.

because you get the same autistic satisfaction you get from obsessing over LOTR or Star Wars lore, but without the manchild stigma attached to it

I don't read fantasy stories or fiction, because the story of human civilization is the best story ever made and it's the only one that is 100% real. It encompasses all real stories that have ever happened to mankind's knowledge.

It's incomprehensibly epic in the least faggy and realest sense of the word epic. Everything ties into everything else at some point, and it's so massive, so infinite that there is never a shortage of content.

I get why people read fiction, but through reading and learning about history, I have the knowledge base and imagination to follow and understand THE story of humanity. The truth is better than fiction.

You can watch your CW and your TLC reality shows and garbage netflix sitcoms, I'll delve into the story that underlies all other stories.

I liked fantasy but as i grew up i realized history is even better because you don't need an unrealistic world to have cool scenarios to read about.
Also i have read comfy book describing all western roman emperors so it got me hooked
My own country history is pretty interesting too so its also a plus

Its grandiose. Also, it amazes me to see people whose name is known even after thousands of years - thats something like immortality.

Because that shit actually happened.

Cause it's like a regular novel but, then, you realize it actually happened. I get that woah suprising feeling every time I discover anything interesting about history..

I wanted to beat people in political discussions, i.e misconceptions of notable events like the civil war, then I just fell in love with it.

Also, CHARISMA. Never have a boring conversation again.

>AND real

look at this dude, oh nononono no, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

How do you bring up history non-autistically to a woman

i put history in herstory if you catch my meaning

Roasties like period dramas and art, which is a window of opportunity. I buttblasted an art student with knowledge when we visited an art exhibition on the 17th century Dutch Golden Age. She was wet as fuck because I said 'muh trade', 'muh rembrandt', as long as you look like half a Chad and pay attention to her.

>drunkenly pontificate about Renaissance Italy to a hipster girl
>be sure to show off my horribly broken Italian and knowledge of renaissance meme artists
>bring her home and Cara her vaggio
>kick her out of my dorm in the morning and play Paradox games in my underwear for the rest of the day

what country/game did you play

Bohemia in CK2

>playing Bohemia while being a Bohemian degenerate
pottery

Because it gives me context for how the world came to be. I like because it allows me to be a conscious observer of the world.

Because they're a collection of neat little stories