Were ridiculous fashions like pic related the neon hair and drawn on eyebrows of their day...

Were ridiculous fashions like pic related the neon hair and drawn on eyebrows of their day? Did anyone recognise how truly absurd these people looked?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Pgr2H42eTnc
askfitnesscoach.com/the-dangers-of-waist-training/
people.howstuffworks.com/corset1.htm
yesterdaysthimble.com/articles/corset-myths-i/
historicalsewing.com/dispelling-the-myth-of-the-itsy-bitsy-teeny-weeny-waist
collectorsweekly.com/articles/everything-you-know-about-corsets-is-false/
twonerdyhistorygirls.blogspot.com/2014/10/victorian-corsets-some-facts-myths.html
vox.com/2015/3/18/8244171/cinderella-corset-controversy
jezebel.com/5877640/everything-you-know-about-corsets-is-false
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0140673602122768
thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(02)19631-0/abstract
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10647532
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

those corsets are deadly. poor girls

Not really, because neon hair and drawn on eyebrows have a connotation of being trashy and juvenile, even when they were "popular" among certain subsets of the population. The fashions in the portrait you posted were considered luxurious and coveted because only the elite could hope to wear them.

That isn't even the most stupid Tudor era fashion. They wore long, really long, pointy brightly coloured shoes as well and other weird shit. Fluffy shirts became a status symbol in Versailles before the revolution as you had to change your shirt several times a day so only richer people would have fluffy shirts.

More like the overpriced Yeezys of their day, the entire point was to show how much money you have

Were there any elites who thought these things were stupid and would refuse to dress up like a clown?

they were try to cover up the wickedness of the writhed witch elzabeth who sold england's soul to the devil(prodescuck)

the true queen and rightful heir to the throne was the beautiful Mary,

Corsets being deadly or constricting is mostly a myth. While there was a trend for potentially though not inherently harmful tightlacing during various eras--most prominently towards the end of the 19th century--these women were in the minority.

Forsets (or stays) provided structure for your garment and helped support your back and breasts. Depending on the era they didn't even make you look thinner, just acted more or less fancier Spanx and smoothed everything out for close-cut gowns.

like this but done to more important internal organs and the midsection. yep

>Feet bound since birth to force the child to develop in a certain way
It's not like that at all though you idiot

>Were ridiculous fashions like pic related the neon hair and drawn on eyebrows of their day?

Neon hair and drawn-on eyebrows weren't considered standard social conventions in the way that wide dresses or powdered hair were.

its actually exactly like that

They didn't make literal baby corsets you fucking moron

they started at puberty thats a 14% difference, or 86% match, being a scoring grade of A on a test
GO FUCK YOURSELF

That's not what corsets do at all.

Corsets redistribute the fatty tissue in your body, to varying degrees depending on the style of the corset. Up until the 1860s or so, corsets were not designed to give you a tiny waist but to provide support for your breasts and back, and to help with the distribution of multiple layers of clothing which could get very heavy.

They do not impact your organs unless you are extreme tightlacing and, even then, you'd have to extreme tightlace for years on end in order for that to result in any permanent change to the placement of your organs. Tightlacing was not ever considered common and was frowned upon as being a frivolous and dangerous trend.

You're comparing breaking and reshaping bones from childhood with smooshing down fat.

youre retarded they fucked up breathing intestines and other organs

>breathing intestines

What a compelling and well-thought out counterargument.

Yes, I find it very hard to breathe in my intestines while wearing a corset.

The Spanish habsburgs were pretty discrete when it came to clothing. Specially compared to the atrocities English and French nobility used to wear at that time

hahaha you have a mental illness you literal, retard

My brain stomach was damaged by spicy food, it's not a laughing matter

The rich were in competition with each other for fashion, so it becomes an arms race. It just gets more and more absurd. The average person would look at this in awe since it's showing off how ridiculously wealthy they are.

>hahaha you have a mental illness you literal, retard

See this? You just did that to the comma. Go to your room and think about what you've done, you sick freak.

>even the most st
corsets=/=stays but you're mostly right.
Stays were quite comfy and breathable.

Second. I hate the ruffles on the neck but "drawn on eye brows?" You mean girls filling in their eye brows in to make them appear fuller/thicker and more arched?

Besides, redrawing on eye brows isn't new. Pic related

They weren't all bad.

He's rightThey didn't.
See youtube.com/watch?v=Pgr2H42eTnc
Gee I wonder how one could bend over with something apparently so restricting that it crushes you internal organs?
There is another vid where she literally shows it off by touching her toes too.

>s too.
her VO2 max is completely restricted

fuck off seriously 3rd graders or some shit on this board

Stays perhaps very slightly, I wouldn't do yoga in it or intense cardio but for heaven's sake they could breathe fine just walking around. Stays were made for support, almost like a proto-bra.
The only 3rd grader here is you. You posted no evidence to back any of your so called claims.
I actually posted some.

Corsets (in the Edwardian and Victorian eras) were restricting but NOT BONE CRUSHING.
She has other videos showing that too. I wouldn't walk for a long period of time with that sure. Luckily, they never had to though.

While corsets may help some women avoid cosmetic surgery or unhealthy diet pills, some experts warn against this reborn trend. While they have indeed been around since the 1800s, many women have suffered from deformed organs and fainting spells, giving corsets a bad rep.Oct 3, 2017
Getting Waisted: The Dangers of Corset Training - EBONY
www.ebony.com/style/getting-waisted-the-dangers-of-corset-training-897-2017

askfitnesscoach.com/the-dangers-of-waist-training/
>Studies going back to 20th century found that wearing corsets long term actually misplaced your organs and could cause permanent damage

Not bone crushing though. Again, it depends on how tight. I admitted they could be restricting.

Stays, what Tudors and Elizabethians were wearing, are different than corsets. That's what I was saying in the beginning. So either way, your comments were misplaced.

i never said anything about bone crushing i just said it was a retarded self inflicted body deforming practice like feet binding

corsets are also equally as fugging ugly

*blocks your fashion sense*

Corsets can cause damage if done super tight for long periods of time and often, but not always if these conditions are not present.

Foot binding did nothing else but literally mold feet into a deformed shape by putting the feet in a small compartment. That was the only purpose. So, I kind of see why user thought your comparison was retarded.

people.howstuffworks.com/corset1.htm

yesterdaysthimble.com/articles/corset-myths-i/

historicalsewing.com/dispelling-the-myth-of-the-itsy-bitsy-teeny-weeny-waist

collectorsweekly.com/articles/everything-you-know-about-corsets-is-false/

twonerdyhistorygirls.blogspot.com/2014/10/victorian-corsets-some-facts-myths.html

vox.com/2015/3/18/8244171/cinderella-corset-controversy

jezebel.com/5877640/everything-you-know-about-corsets-is-false

The source of claims that corsets damaged organs was a now dubious 1887 study whose conclusions that the liver (but no other organs) were damaged because of corsets were based on guesses made by the physicians who examined 50 women in corsets and made diagrams based on their body lines and hand-examinations of fatty tissue with and without corsets.

>body deforming practice

Source for it being body deforming? I mean a scholarly source, please.

let me just pull up my proof of my words mean things brb

I have a hard time believing anything was viewed as absurd when I read about that French(?) king who had a fistula removed and caused wearing ass bandages to become fashionable.

Oh, good. I'm sure you can provide a scholarly source for your claims since you seem so sure of them.

litearlly any entry level anatomy textbook you fucking braindead brainlet

This caused, of course, the familiar fainting to which fashionable young ladies were prone; they were often laced so tightly that they could barely breathe; to help her recover, those around her would loosen her stays (the laces), allowing air to flood back into her constricted lungs.

youve literally said yourself it causes liver damage
plus what ive told you retard fuck
vo2 max constriction (massive issue day to day see fainting causes etc)
literally deforms the shape of the body, artificially changing - its self mutilation

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0140673602122768

thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(02)19631-0/abstract

>Corsets being constricting is mostly a myth
you dont need scientific journals literature or scholary articles you need a brain transplant and go back to grade 3, learn english, look up a dictionary, and kys

>youve literally said yourself it causes liver damage

Do... do you know how to read?

>ubious 1887 study whose conclusions that the liver (but no other organs) were damaged because of corsets were based on guesses made by the physicians who examined 50 women in corsets and made diagrams based on their body lines and hand-examinations of fatty tissue with and without corsets.

You do know what "dubious" means, right? You do know what it means when someone points out that the conclusions were drawn from flawed and unscientific methods, right?

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10647532

>arms looks three sizes thicker than their waist
>hips the size of the whole canvas
>doesn't have a rosary like a dutiful christian
>whorish red
>enough weight in jewels to suffocate a child
>What the fuck has on her shoulders? loos like an albino peacock
>crown fused with her head

You're waifu is shit, bro

An 1892 study and a 1890 article saying "death from tight lacing" are not scholarly sources that show corsets are dangerous and cause organ deformities. One is a newspaper report, and the other is an outdated study whose methods would now be considered invalid and unpublishable.

A scholarly source in this case would be something within the past few decades which uses a modern scientific method and doesn't come from physicians who thought female orgasms would make them insane.

>hey guys lets create some scientific literature on how squashed lungs and ribcage makes it hard to breathe and causes feinting
>next we'll do how to pull up your own pants
>after that, eating peanut better
>then, the world.

im trying i really cant get down to your level

i got it, are you a corset wearer? maybe the restricted oxygen levels gave you permanent brain damage

>using 19th century science texts as evidence in 2017

I'm assuming you also believe you must manage your 4 humours with specific diets, leeches, eating spiders to draw out poison, and praying to God?

So you went from "THIS IS THE SAME THING AS FOOTBINDING, IT DEFORMS YOUR INTERNAL ORGANS" to "it makes it hard to breathe."

Lmao

Why are you doing this to punctuation? You make me sick.

yes by deforming your fucking ribcage and lungs being internal organs

fucking retard

Please learn to use proper grammar. And please use a spellchecker, it should be catching all your errors.

t. Tumblr feminist science

It makes sense when you think about a few things

1. Normies are faggot cock slaves for their social ranking algorithims
2. "Difference"/"Novelty" helps one rise in social ranking. The Bold is one facet of the Beautiful.
3. The higher classes will adopt trends and fashions to differentiate themselves from the lower class.
4. The lower class will try to adopt trends and fashions that the higher classes adopt. To a point.
5. "Ridiculous fashions" were so expensive, and so impractical for the lower class majority, that they served as effective markers of social dominance.

TL;DR - Normies are degenerate scum